Photo

best way to sneak into military base

21 replies to this topic
sunnyboy276
  • sunnyboy276

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

I've been trying to get into the base to steal a jet. Call me noob at will but every time I try, it either ends in me getting kill by solders, helicopters, tanks etc. or it'll end with me boarding the jet and being shot before crawling in and taking off. Just looking for some hints and tips toward this problem.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:12 AM

Get a helicopter from merrywether or the airport and land by a jet, you get a wanted level until you land. Hurry up and get in the jet and take off. Always works for me.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:14 AM

There is no sneak. Go in fast. I've had more luck approaching the fort from the highway, rather than route 68. 

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

I've done this for all three characters, so easy!

• Luuk' likes this

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

The dirt ramp on the north side of the tunnel
  • Captain Revenge likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:42 PM

The dirt ramp on the north side of the tunnel

That is a good way in, if you want to just stay in the base for as long as you want, but you must drive pretty far to get to a Lazer, Buzzard, Titan, etc.

Easiest way in and quickest, is right through the front gate and the hanger with the Lazer in it is basically right in front of you.  I am into the base, and in the air with a Lazer within 15-20 seconds from hitting the gate entering the base.

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

Also easy is the entrance from the highway, just drive through, make a few turns and park by the Lazer. Only annoying things are the Tanks.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

There is no sneak. Go in fast. I've had more luck approaching the fort from the highway, rather than route 68. 

Yup. You can't simply sneak in. You have to drive fast as possible, avoiding the crash moments, and killing if necessary. If an army soldier is right next to the jet of which you want to hijack and fly, kill him. Don't waste your time by killing soldiers whom are far away.

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

Also easy is the entrance from the highway, just drive through, make a few turns and park by the Lazer. Only annoying things are the Tanks.

Yeah tanks can be a problem time to time, that's about it.  Nothing in Fort Zancudo can bring me down except for a tank basically.  For some reason, I never get rockets fired at me from other Lazers trying to shoot me down as well, it only happened once since I got this game that I seen rockets fired, and they both missed me lol

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

I parachute in and go into the closest hangar to the tower. Theres a Lazer in there, and 4 out 5 times they dont even get a shot off me

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

shotgun jeremy
  • shotgun jeremy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:02 AM

If I'm single player, I'll just barge right on in, and drive for one of the jets next to the runway. If I'm online, I'll go up on the hills right next to the main entrance, and just drive off them and over the fence. It's easier to do if you use the hill-top on the right side. It has a small lip at the edge that gives you that little umph you need. Then, when I'm in the jet-as soon as I start hearing the beeping saying I'm locked on, I'll do a backflip, and then barrel roll at the top of the backflip. Sometimes it takes 2-3 of those to get away, but 85% of the time, they get me away from the base launched GtA missles. 

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:59 AM

I get enough speed in a car going south on great ocean hwy towards the base and jump the hill to the right of the tunnel (on great ocean hwy) into the base and haul ass to the lazer in the hangar and most of the time there isn't a tank waiting for me at the hangar.

Captain Revenge
  • Captain Revenge

Commissioner Revenge x 3

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:58 AM

It s not easy but u can jump a tank off the mountain ridge/lip and just clear the 2nd fence.

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 03:40 AM

D u guys know that once you're inside and u steal a buzzard, U can shoot the SAM sites off the roof on one of the hangars?

LaFerrari
  • LaFerrari

I Will Bomb Your Car

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

Back side of the tunnel there is a side that you can go off the road for a bit then launch over the gate. Then steal one of the planes or do what you desire. You can also take an airplane from one of the many places on the map, (either airport, helicopter tours near the docks) Its actually pretty fun and simple to do.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:30 AM

I use the ramp near the highway, then race to the jet. 

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 December 2013 - 06:10 PM Edited by player999, 25 December 2013 - 06:41 PM.

If You are content with using only Travor to get into the fort there is a very easy and relaxing way to get into the fort without beeing even noticed or shot at:

You must start or reestart the game-hunting-mission with cletus in pelato-cove. Kill the first 3 wapitis. When Cletus laeves You alone for the fourth dear, steal a car and go to the fort. It seems to be a bug, but You can move in the fort absolutely undisturbed. You can steal Titans, Lazers or a Buzzer, even the Rhino-tank without any trouble. Also You can get into the tower and climb up the stairs up to top-level. In one of the rooms there is a mini-gun to be found. The cargo-bob shows up in the air, but unfortunalely doesn´t land. You can even fly to Los Santos International Airport, take down there, steal a jumbo and fly it to the fort and land it there:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vIADXfdwa28

But don´t fire a shot, because otherwise the mission will be aborted, because "the wapiti heard" it.

• visionist likes this

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

One problem with adding stealth to a series like GTA is people automatically think it's necessary in some cases. I've tried to steal jets so many times, but the stealthy approach never worked for me. It was an accident when I found the easiest method. I was in an ATV and I accidentally turned down the road that led to the base. I just crashed through the checkpoint/gate and drove into the hanger with the jet and then I took off. I wasn't shot at once. 

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

take a taxi to the base entrance (near that bridge), get out of taxi and steal it then start a taxi mission and you can drive up to the jet without getting a wanted level.

if you die call a cab and repeat.

Nugsy
  • Nugsy

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:41 AM Edited by 2muchtime, 04 January 2014 - 10:42 AM.

You can get into Zancuda in SP with no wanted level and roam to your heart's content.

As Trevor, begin a hunting mission. When you've used your call and the red 'hunting area' is highlighted on the map, just walk away, get in a vehicle, drive to Zancuda and because you're in a mission you'll find that nobody pays you any attention there.

In order to steal a jet, helicopter or tank - do so but go back to where the deer are in your hunting mission. Fire rockets at the red hunting area. This will startle the deer and end the mission. Press B to exit - don't retry - and you'll be left with your vehicle to go and save it.

While you're there you can get a mini gun from the top floor of the tower too.

Note: If you kill anybody while on the hunting mission it will end. In Zancuda that will leave you at the fort with the usual wanted level.

• BlackNoise likes this

Nugsy
  • Nugsy

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

AAh! I just read that someone else posted the 'while hunting' method too. You can be hunting anything, just don't leave before the red area appears.

Re the taxi method - taking on a taxi mission before you enter only buys you a few extra seconds once in. As soon as the radio operator stops talking your wanted level appears.

player999
  • player999

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:04 PM Edited by player999, 04 January 2014 - 02:16 PM.

AAh! I just read that someone else posted the 'while hunting' method too. You can be hunting anything, just don't leave before the red area appears.

Re the taxi method - taking on a taxi mission before you enter only buys you a few extra seconds once in. As soon as the radio operator stops talking your wanted level appears.

Yes. it was me. The "while hunting" method has another great advantage: You can also land on Los Santos International and the Fort and even the inside of the prison without any disturbance. That seems in the normal gameplay to be impossible. I once got me a Lazer, flew to LSI, landed there and stole a Jumbo Jet, landed it in Zancudo, stole a Titan and landed it on Trevors airfield. And no one disturbed me. See the video:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=vIADXfdwa28

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users