» «
Photo

What happened?

16 replies to this topic
Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:10 AM Edited by Showstopper 26, 21 December 2013 - 12:11 AM.

Where did it all go so wrong? V is such a massive letdown I cannot believe it. Has Rockstar lost their magic?

NotoriousJDP
  • NotoriousJDP

Love many, trust few.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

Something happened...In my opinion GTA is the best franchise in gaming history, but the latest installment is the weakest.  

What I think is wrong is that R* just pick and chose what features they would include in V and which ones they wouldn't.  The evolution of franchises depends upon being able to improve and expand on every new entry in the series.  Features that many liked in other entries such as weightlifting, being able to enter restaurants, bowling and pool,  different fighting styles, etc,  are missing.

To me, it seems like it is taking steps backwards when you omit some of these features.

• boshk likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:23 AM

Where did it all go so wrong? V is such a massive letdown I cannot believe it. Has Rockstar lost their magic?

For you, maybe, but for the people who like V, Rockstar still have their magic.  For instance,  I think it is an amazing game.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:28 AM

Could you elaborate a bit more on this one? Why is V a letdown in your opinion? What does the game do right and what makes it so disappoiting for you?

SonofYankton
  • SonofYankton

Hugging Niko Belic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:51 AM Edited by mnmn1234, 21 December 2013 - 01:52 AM.

no nothing is wrong,  it's just everyone on this forum  is butt-hurt.

Matty
  • Matty

Wiseguy

• Australia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:03 AM

Sure, GTA V did have some disappointments or let downs (as does any game); such as the fact that side activities and other features that were present in GTA IV don't exist in GTA V, but IMO I wouldn't go as far as labeling it a complete let down as it is, overall, still a fantastic game in my opinion.

But each their own I guess. :)

• WildBrick142 likes this

REXX93
  • REXX93

QUATREX Special Operations Unit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

I think its a great! Ok, maybe it would have been better if Rockstar included activities from previous games, but hey, its still good. Its a shame they didn't include Police/Vigilante side missions or Paramedic side missions. Ok, there are taxi side missions. I expected more Heist missions, considering that the game is mainly focused around robberies. All this said though, I think is an excellent game!
  • Matty likes this

MAKAVELlil
  • MAKAVELlil

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

Rockstar had no passion with this game it feels like they were forced to make gta v and rush it
  • visionist likes this

SirSmoke713
  • SirSmoke713

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

You people are so full of your selves. The artist paints the picture and you question and are disappointing with what they created, when in the end its theirs and only people who really appreciate what they have done will like the game. You people can and will never be satisfied. GTA is a simple game that after the main story the game becomes about a man who has a big problem with the local police department in power. Only people who love fighting cops and authority will enjoy to indulge in this past time. You bought a game called GRAND THEFT AUTO. Itss about crime murder and theft so what did you kids expect?? my little pony??im startin to think most of you got this game because how the social media had it in our fave or how becaus eof social media how its evolved so things wont happen the same way things do. Anyway  This game is the best in its genre noticed i said genre. Only people who enjoy shooting at police and driving cars will enjoy this game. I love the game because its everything i asked for. A new location to fight cops. GTA 4 was fighting police in a big concrete jungle of a city and now rockstar gave us the chance to fight cops in a lonely open road that the peace gets interrupted by a blaze of automatic machine gun fire!! im telling you i can never get tired of this game, every time i see some one says its a bad game then i think well you must not enjoy fighting virtual cops. Who knew the future would let us vent in such a way. 

Artichoke
  • Artichoke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

I love the game, and I love it even more after inheriting 2 billion dollars because I don't have to worry about paying for insurance, making money for ammo, customize any car I want, blow up anyones car cause I can afford the insurance, change my apartment daily, ballin with that arab money. Also free aim lobbies are really fun, switched and never going back to assisted aim lobbies. 

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:19 AM

You people are so full of your selves. The artist paints the picture and you question and are disappointing with what they created, when in the end its theirs and only people who really appreciate what they have done will like the game. You people can and will never be satisfied. GTA is a simple game that after the main story the game becomes about a man who has a big problem with the local police department in power. Only people who love fighting cops and authority will enjoy to indulge in this past time. You bought a game called GRAND THEFT AUTO. Itss about crime murder and theft so what did you kids expect?? my little pony??im startin to think most of you got this game because how the social media had it in our fave or how becaus eof social media how its evolved so things wont happen the same way things do. Anyway  This game is the best in its genre noticed i said genre. Only people who enjoy shooting at police and driving cars will enjoy this game. I love the game because its everything i asked for. A new location to fight cops. GTA 4 was fighting police in a big concrete jungle of a city and now rockstar gave us the chance to fight cops in a lonely open road that the peace gets interrupted by a blaze of automatic machine gun fire!! im telling you i can never get tired of this game, every time i see some one says its a bad game then i think well you must not enjoy fighting virtual cops. Who knew the future would let us vent in such a way. 

So let me get this straight. This is the best game ever because you can kill virtual cops? That doesn't make a game great bu any means and if that's what you want then maybe you should have saved yourself some money and bought Gta 3. This game was a letdown considering how each installment was built upon from the previous where as this one seemed stale and recycled from the beginning. I can't believe I waited five years for this.
  • LordCold likes this

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:40 AM

Holy shizzle ma nizzle, aren't you that nervous guy from like 6 months ago who was worried GTA V would get delayed or canceled?

Damn, I missed your stupid posts, dude. You shouldn't have worried so much. Look at you now. Poor boy.

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:52 AM

So let me get this straight. This is the best game ever because you can kill virtual cops? That doesn't make a game great bu any means and if that's what you want then maybe you should have saved yourself some money and bought Gta 3. This game was a letdown considering how each installment was built upon from the previous where as this one seemed stale and recycled from the beginning. I can't believe I waited five years for this.

This. Except IV didn't build off San Andreas. IV is worse than V.

REXX93
  • REXX93

QUATREX Special Operations Unit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

Well, we all have our ways on keeping ourselves entertained with the game. Whether it be shootouts with the cops, cruising around San Andreas or whatever. Personally I always think there is something to do.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:40 PM

So...how many times are you going to make the same thread??

boshk
  • boshk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

i am glad they got rid of crap like if you didnt call your friend every 10 min, they get mad at you. but why cant i go lift weights? how is playing tennis going to make me stronger?? oh, and how am i getting shot while i am under water? bullets cannot penetrate water!

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

You can only do so much with last gen. Wait til their current gen GTA comes out...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users