Quantcast

» «
Photo

What is your salary & disposable income?

44 replies to this topic
Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:32 PM Edited by Criѕtian, 21 December 2013 - 12:32 PM.

It always amuses me that English and American people talk how much they make per hour, which makes no sense to me because you don't get paid every hour and even if you did, it would be more useful to know how much you make a month or year.

I'm currently unemployed, but I would probably make an embarrassingly low amount of money given the economy here. I have other plans for alternative incomes. I need to find a real job first though.

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:07 PM Edited by uzi 9mm, 21 December 2013 - 01:07 PM.

Wow, some people make loads of money 75K a year is very nice.

I went through some long periods of unemployment, and I'm happy to have the job I have now, and lucky too considering my criminal record for possession of cannabis. I love my job now, I get on with everyone, it's very informal, people just swear all around you in the warehouse, you choose when to come in(if you're late you'll f*ck yourself up), I enjoy actually doing the job, I learn lot of new area's in and around London, and I get a decent enough salary, i can bring home 1700pm after tax, but with overtime which I always get it varies, like a couple months back I got 2000 after tax, and all I have to do is drive a van around all day, the route I'm on now even goes through my area, I go home at lunch, got home at 10:40 today, can't complain.

GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:29 PM

I earn enough and I save before I spend so it's always sunny in my wallet.

Mr Rabbit
  • Mr Rabbit

Part-time spy, full-time maniac

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

It always amuses me that English and American people talk how much they make per hour, which makes no sense to me because you don't get paid every hour and even if you did, it would be more useful to know how much you make a month or year.

I'm currently unemployed, but I would probably make an embarrassingly low amount of money given the economy here. I have other plans for alternative incomes. I need to find a real job first though.

Actually here, you do get paid by the hour in many jobs. If you have a management job then you will get paid a salary that is usually monthly, also in certain jobs in certain organisations.

But in the jobs where you are low down on the hierarchy like manufacturing or retail, you do usually get paid on the hour. Sometimes you might be paid solely on output (piece-rate) in manufacturing, depends on the business but the majority of businesses I have seen put their workers on time-rate.

Now it is true you do not physically receive money on the hour every hour but the amount of money you receive would depend on the amount of hours you worked. And since in different weeks/months you may work a different amount of hours then saying a weekly/monthly wage would be incorrect. 

Kristian.
  • Kristian.

Dealux (ΣΓ)

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Yeah, that makes sense and it is useful to know if you want to calculate ahead what your pay will be. It just doesn't make sense in a casual conversation to bring that up. I mean how much are you really making if the amount of work hours fluctuates? It's more useful to say something like "I generally make between $1000 and $3000, depending on how many clients I have\how much work there is to do\etc."

komalr
  • komalr

againsthelaw

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

I make around INR12000/200$. Love the job though. It's all casual. So, I've made my own rules so i'll have everything finished when needed. It's always good to have a notebook by side because I generally forget things. I work for a gaming company. 

Tough, on the brighter side, I have this nigerian prince who's gonna send me loads of, holy puck, that's a loads of cash cash, if I send him INR30,000 first. So, i'm saving up for that... :D

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

I blind Indian kids then set them up on a busy road in Mumbai, where they beg for hours and hours without a break, in very dangerous conditions. The money and hours aren't great, but I'm doing what I love and I'm my own boss. That's makes it all worth while.

For me, personally, you can't put a price on that.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:04 PM

^ Reminds me of Slum dog millionaire. 

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:27 PM

I make somewhere between f*ck all and nothing.

Same here.

I'll post what my parents make though: about $80k-90k and if dad gets his new job it'll be $100k+

Marwin
  • Marwin

tilgi dem ikke; de vet hvad de gjør!

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Norway
  • Contribution [Music]

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:22 PM Edited by jaysteels, 21 December 2013 - 10:23 PM.

I make somewhere between f*ck all and nothing.

Same here.

I'll post what my parents make though: about $80k-90k and if dad gets his new job it'll be $100k+

get a job

(If it wasn't clear enough, I meant that in a derogatory way)

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

It's kinda like this:

stock-photo-full-wallet-65646829.jpg

I've got a good deal of money saved in my wallet, about 500 or so in the bank (with interest), and at least 300 or so in emergency money I keep in an undisclosed location in my room  :ph34r:

Most of it goes to model trains, but I'm gonna try to buy a plane ticket once I graduate, which'll be up around the 200 range.

200 us? Where do you plan in going with that, Denver to Vegas?

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

I have about $8000 saved up in the bank. With that being said, I don't have a job. I'm only 18 and wanting to focus on college right now. I don't plan on having kids ever because those little bastards will leech your money up.

• TheFoxRiverFugitive likes this

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

I have about $8000 saved up in the bank. With that being said, I don't have a job. I'm only 18 and wanting to focus on college right now. I don't plan on having kids ever because those little bastards will leech your money up.

This. I can't help but think of the money I'd have to blow by having a family. Either a bachelor or a partner, but f*ck no to kids.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

but f*ck no to kids.

I'm living proof that no kids is the key...the key to happiness.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:42 AM

It's kinda like this:

stock-photo-full-wallet-65646829.jpg

I've got a good deal of money saved in my wallet, about 500 or so in the bank (with interest), and at least 300 or so in emergency money I keep in an undisclosed location in my room  :ph34r:

Most of it goes to model trains, but I'm gonna try to buy a plane ticket once I graduate, which'll be up around the 200 range.

200 us? Where do you plan in going with that, Denver to Vegas?

Close, Orlando to Detroit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users