Photo

Do you ever use Lester's off the radar?

43 replies to this topic
Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:46 PM

I find this to be quite useful when approaching bounties. I remember once I did it while going after this one guy who was taunting me, and as soon as I went off the radar, he said "oh he went offline"...and then BAM! Haha.

However, I don't see that many people using it. First time was actually last night, from a guy who went off the radar then killed me. For $500 I think it's pretty good value.

TheKidKid415
  • TheKidKid415

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:42 PM

I use this a lot to escape from tanks and for players who got me cornered!! Or to just sneak up on someone!

Dann_47
  • Dann_47

King in NFS, Noob in DOTA

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

I used that a lot especially when I want to revenge on someone. I see that quite useful, seriously

ThatOneDork
  • ThatOneDork

Full of Surprises

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

My friend and I used to hunt down random players and we always utilized this feature haha.

TimelyMeerkat
  • TimelyMeerkat

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:13 PM

It's usually pretty easy to tell when someone is using it. When a player disappears but hasn't left the game it's pretty obvious.

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

It's useful to get away from someone trying to chase you down and kill you.

It's also great in LTS, they never see you coming.

eQuis_
  • eQuis_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

When I find a vehicle i've been searching for a week and then have to cross the warzone of los santos to get it to my garage or lsc.
  • z0etr0pe likes this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Yes, it's a pretty useful feature. I always use it for bounties, both when hunting and being hunted. Just earlier this guy was chasing me all around the map for a $5000 bounty, so once I got to the dam, I quickly called up Lester and made my escape. The guy just stopped and looked so confused haha.

The Shadow
  • The Shadow

For the watch

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

I use it a lot. It's quite useful but i would love if you could select how much time do you want to be hidden from the radar but that would be abused for higher ranks to troll others..

• IveGotNoValues and Scumbag_Dave like this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

I use it all the time. It's great for evading players, collecting bounties, and sneaking up in your tank (the speed of the tank is a dead give away and players tend to run from very slow moving white dots).

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

I'm an awful player who barely gets by using the auto shotgun, so I use it all the time.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilitated Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

im deeply in love with this feature...

i use it alot for bounties, revenge kills of simply to drop a sticky on a unsuspected player!

i love to do suicide car bomb attacks and using this feature make it more easy and fun.

which you could pay more and stay off abit longer or that the cool down was a bit shorter.

i use it alot for bounties, revenge kills of simply to drop a sticky on a unsuspected player!

i love to do suicide car bomb attacks and using this feature make it more easy and fun.

which you could pay more and stay off abit longer or that the cool down was a bit shorter.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:07 AM

I use it alot. But I never use it when Im having a street battle because I dont like the advantage it gives. 

NightSpectre
  • NightSpectre

20% Skill, 80% Fear

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:09 AM

What you said was so nice, you had to say it twice.

• The Shadow and Scumbag_Dave like this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:13 AM Edited by Fail_At_GTA, 21 December 2013 - 01:13 AM.

I use it if someone is camping somewhere, if I'm trying to get to a sniper position, or if someone is in a tank so I can sneak up on them and destroy their tank almost completely before they realize I'm even there.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

Off the radar would be a fun mode rather than a feature. 

• craigdyid likes this

ihavcandygetinthevan
  • ihavcandygetinthevan

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:29 AM Edited by Wesinator, 21 December 2013 - 03:30 AM.

Lol yea, had these 3 people, (lvl 116, 74, and 41) who all owned tanks. They were friends and kept going after, me, so I got my tank and blew them all up...They got me destroyed, so I got to passive mode and went on top of oil rig, (small ones near edge of desert area) and they starting screwing around with each other ..(one of them still had tank, other two on top of tan jumping around) I called my Comet and made a run for it, they didn't notice lol, got my tank I ordered and went off the radar. Killed them each around 5 times more then left.

Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:29 AM

Damn, just realised I posted this in the wrong sub-forum. Mods, can you move it to GTAO please?

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:37 AM

Use it all the time!

TOWILS
  • TOWILS

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 07:53 AM

Can I ask, at what rank is it unlocked, and also how long does it last for?

Shaundi.
  • Shaundi.

It's kinda like Bangkok's abusive father.

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:27 AM Edited by ZeusMowat_278, 21 December 2013 - 10:29 AM.

I use this feature then call Merryweather for an Air strike on a group of players who attack me when I'm just minding my own business. I only use this in retaliation.

Can I ask, at what rank is it unlocked, and also how long does it last for?

One minute.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

Haven't used this lately. If I notice someone staying still, I'll go get my tank and use it though. They never know what hit them

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilitated Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

I use this feature then call Merryweather for an Air strike on a group of players who attack me when I'm just minding my own business. I only use this in retaliation.

merryweather air strike is such a useless feature. it would have been great if you could simply call merryweather and order a strike on a certain player, just like we can do with the mercenaries, but NOO for $12,500 all you get is a flare and YOU have to go and manually mark the location of the target.

thats BS man, you paying high dollars for their services you shouldnt have to do anything.

i love being in my aparment, turn on the tv, watch the live feed as i send mercenaries to attack players that are minding their own business. i would love to be able to simply sit back and watch the bombs raining on someone.
  • Scumbag_Dave likes this

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:45 PM

I use it when taking out lazers and tanks.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

Probably the most useful phone ability in the game.

If you don't use it, you should.

If you already use it, you should use it more.

vitus
  • vitus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

I got 4 friends in my little tank hunting group. We always grab a random car for each of us, put 5 stickies on it. Call Lester and suicide bomb the mother fuuuuuker. No tank can survive our tactics

Realness
  • Realness

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

I use it a lot and very aware of people using it to catch me, cause all of a sudden dot disappears...I push down on my pad to see who's in the lobby and usually can tell cause the name is still there just not the dot.

I usually make sure I  stand close to where there gonna pop up at, people use it to come up ladder to kill u, so when they pop their head up, it's usually a shotty or sticky laid down to blow them to smithereens.

IIOctaneII
  • IIOctaneII

Brother from Illuminati

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

I use it sometimes when I want to kill someone by surprise, or when I need to escape a war zone, where there's like 9 players in one area killing each other.

It's usually pretty easy to tell when someone is using it. When a player disappears but hasn't left the game it's pretty obvious.

No, it's not obvious, the player COULD have joined a mission.

• Scumbag_Dave likes this

yakuza65
  • yakuza65

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:18 PM

why there isn't a free roam options to turn blips off amazes me.

no blips

no cops

friendly fire: off

spawn distance: far

gta4 free roam options were great

gulsh
  • gulsh

cat

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

i never have to use it cause i cant die nor ever will need money 

1 user(s) are reading this topic