» «
Photo

Auto Aim... BS

30 replies to this topic
DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:02 PM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 20 December 2013 - 08:02 PM.

In freeroam why does auto aim lock on a random NPC instead of the actual player who is shooting at you?

I have gotten killed so many times by this BS. Shouldn't it by default lock onto another player especially if they are shooting you?!?

I know some idiot is going to say use free-aim, but don't bother because this isn't practical if you are on a auto-aim sever and the other player has already locked onto you.

• poklane, Elemental716 and gtafanzboiz like this

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

I tried free aim, but I just dont have the dexterity. It still takes effort to kill with auto-aim in some situations. 

I know what you mean, you can be facing the guy shooting at you, lock on and your character does a 180 and locks on to a poor lady walking down the sidewalk.

what did that lady ever do to you rockstar?????

• Shmiqq, OurJud and DaTurdburgler like this

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by SetOnFire, 20 December 2013 - 08:05 PM.

Then free aim them first before they do it to you, or go behind cover.

Most of the times they will be in a similar situation, aiming at cops or random NPCs so free-aiming them will get you the kill rather than getting back in cover and waiting for civilians to leave.

soldat89
  • soldat89

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Man up and go to a free aim server
  • TreFacTor and TheIllaDopest like this

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:05 PM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 20 December 2013 - 08:07 PM.

Yeah, it's so annoying.

Also another thing... is someone comes up alongside of you, you can't auto-aim on them even if they are shooting at you.

Most of the times they will be in a similar situation, aiming at cops or random NPCs so free-aiming them will get you the kill rather than getting back in cover and waiting for civilians to leave.

Often you can still get shot behind cover and you can't always shoot them first.

They aren't in a similar situation if they lock onto you right away and you can't lock onto them, which is how you die.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

I tried free aim, but I just dont have the dexterity. It still takes effort to kill with auto-aim in some situations. 

I know what you mean, you can be facing the guy shooting at you, lock on and your character does a 180 and locks on to a poor lady walking down the sidewalk.

what did that lady ever do to you rockstar?????

hahaha, too right

I mean obviously I wanna aim at the dude shooting at me right in my bloody direction, but nope it aims at a random ped who poses no threat to me, then I died while the opposition has the upper hand

may just switch to free-aim and practice

Elemental716
  • Elemental716

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:26 PM

In freeroam why does auto aim lock on a random NPC instead of the actual player who is shooting at you?

I have gotten killed so many times by this BS. Shouldn't it by default lock onto another player especially if they are shooting you?!?

I know some idiot is going to say use free-aim, but don't bother because this isn't practical if you are on a auto-aim sever and the other player has already locked onto you.

You do know that if your playing free aim everyone else has free aim too right?

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:33 PM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 20 December 2013 - 08:38 PM.

You do know that if your playing free aim everyone else has free aim too right?

Yes. That is quite obvious.

I don't enjoy playing free-aim.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by SetOnFire, 20 December 2013 - 08:37 PM.

Yeah, it's so annoying.

Also another thing... is someone comes up alongside of you, you can't auto-aim on them even if they are shooting at you.

Often you can still get shot behind cover and you can't always shoot them first.

They aren't in a similar situation if they lock onto you right away and you can't lock onto them, which is how you die.

Yeah I agree, but it happens very rarely still so I just let it slide and try to free aim them through the mess. Generally the MG does the job, but sometimes you lose either way.

Auto aim is a bit buggy here and there, with corners, etc But it happens maybe once every 50 deaths so it's not a big deal for me. I know what happened and chances are the other guy does too. It happens both ways. Sometimes, things just don't work right.

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

The worst is when it auto locks you on a group of gang members, or a random cop. Then its just a clusterf*ck of f*ck.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:48 PM

I suppose if it was too consistent it would remove any semblance of skill required in my opinion.  I understand pressing the trigger half way allows the player to free-aim first, then a full press engages auto-aim.  Maybe try that technique and please remember to report back if so.

• DaTurdburgler likes this

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

9/9/14

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

This bullsh*t happened alot in Red Dead as well and a bit in GTA IV. Obviously taking auto lock capabilities off of NPCs is just soo god damn difficult to a point that if R* tried it they would have to commit suicide.

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:53 PM Edited by Ciaran., 20 December 2013 - 09:33 PM. Flaming users

I guess I'm that idiot, go play free aim and stop complaining you f*cking retard.

No flaming other users

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

I suppose if it was too consistent it would remove any semblance of skill required in my opinion.  I understand pressing the trigger half way allows the player to free-aim first, then a full press engages auto-aim.  Maybe try that technique and please remember to report back if so.

Thanks!

I will have to give that a try. I'll let you know how it goes :).

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:54 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 20 December 2013 - 09:55 PM.

I don't enjoy playing free-aim.

It sounds like you don't enjoy playing auto-aim either.

• Alex Francisco and BoJack Cognac like this

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:57 PM

Auto Aim does not discriminate.  It locks the closet target to your aimer.

The only way around this is to aim for yourself. Then you have no one to blame but yourself...lol

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Try the ASSISTED AIM which is not as sensitive as the AUTO-AIM. The only time I get this problem is when there are f*cking cops in the shoot-out....its the only time I will find cover or safely change my attack angle.

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:46 PM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 20 December 2013 - 10:46 PM.

Easy way to kill people in auto aim lobbies, shoot someone and when the cops come put them between you and your opponent and take out your heavy sniper, he'll shoot them while you shoot him.

I see this a lot. 

BM92
  • BM92

Lord Zaphos

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

The worst is when it auto locks you on a group of gang members, or a random cop. Then its just a clusterf*ck of f*ck.

This

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:41 AM Edited by DaTurdburgler, 21 December 2013 - 02:22 AM.

Auto Aim does not discriminate.  It locks the closet target to your aimer.

The only way around this is to aim for yourself. Then you have no one to blame but yourself...lol

It should by default lock onto who is shooting at your first.

Alex Francisco
  • Alex Francisco

Potato asteroid

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

Wow! Calm down sir.

CallMeTheBoss
  • CallMeTheBoss

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:14 AM

:die:

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:17 AM Edited by fw3, 21 December 2013 - 01:17 AM.

Dear OP, you are not alone. I'm too lazy to do the whole free-aim thing, so I find myself getting frustrated in scenarios where my gun seems to be attracted to anything but my target. Can't count how many times I've fallen because of this, as well. ugh!

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:08 AM

Just use free aim while he spends his time trying to get a lock. I can't count how many times I have gotten a kill by simply free aiming an auto aim noob.

DaTurdburgler
  • DaTurdburgler

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

Try the ASSISTED AIM which is not as sensitive as the AUTO-AIM. The only time I get this problem is when there are f*cking cops in the shoot-out....its the only time I will find cover or safely change my attack angle.

I'll try this out too. Thanks.

WigSnatcherLeader
  • WigSnatcherLeader

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:27 AM

Whats a free aim server? I haven't seen this option b4 O.o

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:28 AM

Easy way to kill people in auto aim lobbies, shoot someone and when the cops come put them between you and your opponent and take out your heavy sniper, he'll shoot them while you shoot him.

I see this a lot.

As soon as you aim the cops will attack you. I feel you pain op. I find my self running towards my target to make sure I lock on them. It's a bitch I know

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

Man up and go to a free aim server

or he can just hold halfway down on the trigger and free-aim.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Grand Trade Auto

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:43 AM

Yea they prioritize NPC to be targeted to avoid friendly fire. The problem is, it's sometimes can't read the situation of us being attacked by another players.

That's why I always direct my camera to the targeted player's and spam press L2 and force the pointer to the scumbag's head.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:05 AM

Whats a free aim server? I haven't seen this option b4 O.o

If you turn on free aim (start, settings, controller I believe) in single player you will play with other free aimers only.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users