Disable bounties

21 replies to this topic
Crimie Marston
  • Crimie Marston

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

With millions of dollars getting given out at random to hundreds of  "unwilling" legit players daily, wouldnt it be sensible for Rockstar to disable bounties until they have found a fix for the glitch like how they disabled giving cash to other players?

Im no multiplayer economy expert or anything but if they really want to protect their cash cards they should stop the virus from spreading!

Obviously they cant stop everyone from cheating but the way it is with the bounties things are getting out of control and embarassing for them.

Either that or they have resigned to not being able to fix it anytime soon!

On a side note why dont we have Maude as a contact for setting bounties instead of Lester?

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

I noted in another thread, you have to sit there and call Lester and see what the bounty is on the person with the bounty and see if it's okay or not. Not that that takes the fun out of it to some degree or anything.

Some people with far more knowledge of programming than myself have noted that there are possible fixes that could be applied, but it's a matter of will they be and if so, when. Additionally, these people seem persistent as heck - they get put in CP and then figure a way out within hours. I don't understand the technical details at all, but as I've said before, imagine what some of these people could do applying their focus and knowledge to things more meaningful than GTA.

• Crimie Marston likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

to think none of this might have happened if there weren't cash cards lol

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:04 PM

You are one poor fool

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Awaiting Authorization
  • Scotland

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

With millions of dollars getting given out at random to hundreds of  "unwilling" legit players daily, wouldnt it be sensible for Rockstar to disable bounties until they have found a fix for the glitch like how they disabled giving cash to other players?

Im no multiplayer economy expert or anything but if they really want to protect their cash cards they should stop the virus from spreading!

Obviously they cant stop everyone from cheating but the way it is with the bounties things are getting out of control and embarassing for them.

On a side note why dont we have Maude as a contact for setting bounties instead of Lester?

What if they rob a shop and share billions?

Still spreading and no bounties.

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

Disabling bounties isn't going to stop gifted money, They'll just rob stores and give it to people that how I  ended up getting mine I never asked for it.

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

Lacking logic here

Crimie Marston
  • Crimie Marston

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

What if they rob a shop and share billions?

Still spreading and no bounties.

Ok so how does this work? I thought that if someone robbed a shop they could only share the $1800 or whatever from the proceeds. And for anyone saying lacking logic or dumb idea its hardly as dumb as Rockstars attempt to prevent it all, after all there are legit players getting pulled into this mess aswell, and this feature is one of the reasons why.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:59 PM Edited by SetOnFire, 20 December 2013 - 07:59 PM.

But if they disabled the bounties, they would have no one left to ban...and then would actually have to address the hackers.

Nobody ain't got time for dat!

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

to think none of this might have happened if there weren't cash cards lol

Ya right, people would have cheated and hacked whether cash cards existed or not. If you really think cash cards are what made the glitchers glitch or hackers hack than i feel sorry for you and your intelligence. They cheated because the game was too hard for them and they wanted an easier way to feel accomplished on the game. Its the same reason people were using god mode glitches and all the other hacks when halo online came out.

Crimie Marston
  • Crimie Marston

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:09 PM

Lacking logic here

I assume you mean that in regard to the lack of logic Rockstar used in tackling the situation.

Killzone3265
  • Killzone3265

ruin made me do it not

• The Yakuza
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

Disabling bounties isn't going to stop gifted money, They'll just rob stores and give it to people that how I  ended up getting mine I never asked for it.

yup, i got gifted money 4 times now thanks to random gifts, now i know to leave the session if i see a huge group of people at one shop

Crimie Marston
  • Crimie Marston

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

So how does the glitching millions robbing stores work? sorry im a n00b when it comes to the inner workings of the glitching in the game. Killzone i remember you posted a good tip to potentially avoid getting gifted millions,see anyone over level 200 bounce, guess it can happen to us all lol.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Well considering you can only place a bounty on someone once every 40 minutes now...

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

On ps3 there's a way around having them gift you the money through bounties and even doing jobs together. Last night I got 400million just minding my own business in free roam. Didn't rob a store didn't do any jobs and didn't have a bounty. It just pops up saying "Mr x gave you x amount"

Crimie Marston
  • Crimie Marston

Mad Paro

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:27 PM Edited by One Poor Fool, 20 December 2013 - 08:48 PM.

On ps3 there's a way around having them gift you the money through bounties and even doing jobs together. Last night I got 400million just minding my own business in free roam. Didn't rob a store didn't do any jobs and didn't have a bounty. It just pops up saying "Mr x gave you x amount"

Well then, I guess we're pretty far up sh*t creek then arent we? I suppose the best thing to do in such a case would be to report it straight away and never bank it until it gets fixed.

Still though, if you kill a bounty you get dragged into it too without being a "hacker" and you are also capable of spreading the money to the whole game. I suppose it is an unstoppable monster at this stage!

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

So how does the glitching millions robbing stores work? sorry im a n00b when it comes to the inner workings of the glitching in the game. Killzone i remember you posted a good tip to potentially avoid getting gifted millions,see anyone over level 200 bounce, guess it can happen to us all lol.

FWIW i'm lvl 246 and am not a hacker and i'm pretty sure i've seen people <lvl 50 giving out money.

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

The RDR bounty system was better, and more realistic frankly.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:05 AM

No, problem is not only bounties, they can share with another method which you don't know.

ThatG
  • ThatG

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

They should just console ban people, that should help alot

CaptainSpaceCat
  • CaptainSpaceCat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

Are you going to be the one to tell this guy he's out of a job?

dogart.jpg

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

I'd rather have billions of dollars going around than to keep having content cut.

Besides the bounties are just a symptom of the problem, which really is R*'s coding. The buck stops there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users