Quantcast

» «
Photo

Who is your favourite and least favourite main character in GTA V?

90 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:06 PM Edited by Official General, 22 December 2013 - 12:06 PM.

@ am30

That is why I said 'I bet', so I said that knowing there is a chance that I could be wrong. In situations like this, people on here are always quick to say something about CJ, but never Claude or Tommy. I just find that a bit odd. 

Anyway for real, it's about GTA V, so forget that. 

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Do the splits!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

@ am30

That is why I said 'I bet', so I said that knowing there is a chance that I could be wrong. In situations like this, people on here are always quick to say something about CJ, but never Claude or Tommy. I just find that a bit odd. 

Anyway for real, it's about GTA V, so forget that. 

I liked Tommy the most. He's probably the only person that wears a hawaiian shirt that I could take seriously. Idk why but I laugh everytime tommy does that backwards jumping bike stealing move.

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

My favorite is Trevor. He is awesome

My least favorite is Franklin, I hate him, his story was boring, and he is annoying as h***. I didn't do the stock market glitch with him. The ***** will be poor for the rest of his life

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:19 PM Edited by Official General, 22 December 2013 - 01:09 PM.

My favorite is Trevor. He is awesome

My least favorite is Franklin, I hate him, his story was boring, and he is annoying as h***. I didn't do the stock market glitch with him. The ***** will be poor for the rest of his life

Lool what game where you playing ? Franklin can't be that poor if he still ends the game with 35 million dollars in his bank account. If that's classed as poor where you are from, then please tell me where that is so I can emigrate there. 

Ola441
  • Ola441

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Fav : Trevor

Least fav: franklin cos he was a lil bitch.

Doctor of Thuganomics
  • Doctor of Thuganomics

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:50 PM

I love Trevor. Those moments when you switch to him are hilarious! :D I was laughing out lout when he smacked that worker over the bridge! :D

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:52 PM Edited by Official General, 22 December 2013 - 02:53 PM.

I love Trevor. Those moments when you switch to him are hilarious! :D I was laughing out lout when he smacked that worker over the bridge! :D

You see, it's things like that made me hate Trevor. I know it's just a game, and GTA is about killing whoever and whenever you want, sh*t like this does not impress or amuse me, I don't see why people like you like it so much. I like my protagonist to be ruthless and cold-blooded when it comes to killing people, but only those who deserve it, like other killers, criminals, and evil people in general, or for strategic reasons. I just don't get a kick or laugh out of killing innocent people in GTA for no reason, and having to play as Trevor makes it worse for me when his needlessly homicidal actions are scripted. Killing an innocent working man for no reason, what's so hilarious about that ?

I bet you weren't loving it when you had to kill Trevor as Franklin (if you chose that ending), or when you found out that Trevor dies in one of the endings. I know I was loving it when I had to kill Trevor. I got such an adrenaline rush chasing the bully-turned-scared b*tch. The best was watching him burn.
  • nobum62 likes this

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

After playing GTA V for 3 months, I can honestly say that there is no one character that stands out or a character that I could class as my favourite.

The characters just werent memorable IMO

I like Jimmy because he reminds me of certain people I know IRL, Lamar also had his funny moments and I thought Devin Westons assistant Molly was a good character, mainly because she was a female character in a position of some sort of power, which made a change.

Other than that, for me there was no one character that I was drawn to.

In terms of the protagonists...

Michael - During the story I really liked Michael, especially early on in the game when we're first introduced to him. But after playing the game for 3 months he's probably the most boring out of the 3. I've played as him the least.

Franklin - I just look at Franklin as under developed. I feel they could have done much more with him...but didnt. I hate how he just turns into some hermit living in the hills. He is the loneliest character in GTA history. Some of his dialogue is quite cringe as well, especially when the dialogue between hi and white characters is about him being black or being from the ghetto, so cliche and generic. But weirdly, having said all of that I still kinda like him.

Trevor - I actually like Trevor, I'm not one of those weirdo fan boys that goes on like he's the best character ever and I'm also not a fan of his OTT violent/hell raising persona, all a bit too much for me. I actually HATED him when we were first introduced to him. But after a while he's really grown on me, i find travelling around Blaine County more fun when i play as T for some reason. Not to mention I love how the war with The Lost carries on even after you've done missions against them. On site gunplay everytime they see each other, which is quite immersive. With Franklin this same kinda thing shoulda happened with Ballas after certain missions, but it doesnt for some reason. But yeah Trevors cool and the most interesting out of the 3 IMO.

But even so I think all the protagonists were fairly weak in comparison to those that came before them.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:52 PM

I personally use Michael when I'm just messing around.

I just relate to his character and care more about him than the others.

Same Here. Since I first saw Michael before GTA V even released, I have always liked the Character for some reason ;)

I don't have a least favorite but if I had to choose it would be Franklin, there was some potential in him that Rockstar didn't full develop.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

Trevor is my favourite because he's the only one of the three that completely accepts who he is. He does all these horrible things but never denies it. He knows he's an absolute nutcase. That's part of the reason why he chastises Michael so much about the Vinewood lifestyle, and why he gets so damn excited when Michael shows him "the old you," in that meth lab.  

Deep down, Michael is the same as Trevor - a psychopath - he just doesn't want to admit it. He eventually does though, in Friedlander's office to Amanda: "Let's face it, we're white trash..." Michael built and identity for himself, but it's not a truthful one. To me, he's an interesting character because of this identity crisis. 

Franklin has his moments, especially towards the beginning of the game, but I think he just gives Lamar too much sh*t about the things he does, when what he does isn't that much better, there's just more money involved. 

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

You see, it's things like that made me hate Trevor. I know it's just a game, and GTA is about killing whoever and whenever you want, sh*t like this does not impress or amuse me, I don't see why people like you like it so much. I like my protagonist to be ruthless and cold-blooded when it comes to killing people, but only those who deserve it, like other killers, criminals, and evil people in general, or for strategic reasons. I just don't get a kick or laugh out of killing innocent people in GTA for no reason, and having to play as Trevor makes it worse for me when his needlessly homicidal actions are scripted. Killing an innocent working man for no reason, what's so hilarious about that ?
I bet you weren't loving it when you had to kill Trevor as Franklin (if you chose that ending), or when you found out that Trevor dies in one of the endings. I know I was loving it when I had to kill Trevor. I got such an adrenaline rush chasing the bully-turned-scared b*tch. The best was watching him burn.

People have opinions y'know

am30
  • am30

ugotsmoked's No. 1 fan and winder up of fools

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

Herr General doesn't allow us opinions.  We have orders.  Orders which MUST be obeyed!  :lol:

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

[quote name="Gta_V_Fan_101" post="1064356018" timestamp="1387728821"][quote name="Official General" post="1064355614" timestamp="1387723947"][quote name="Doctor of Thuganomics" post="1064355292" timestamp="1387720216"]
I love Trevor. Those moments when you switch to him are hilarious! :D I was laughing out lout when he smacked that worker over the bridge! :D[/quote]
I bet you weren't loving it when you had to kill Trevor as Franklin (if you chose that ending), or when you found out that Trevor dies in one of the endings. I know I was loving it when I had to kill Trevor. I got such an adrenaline rush chasing the bully-turned-scared b*tch. The best was watching him burn.[/quote]

[quote name="Doctor of Thuganomics" post="1064355292" timestamp="1387720216"]

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:24 PM

Sorry for the double post. My phone sucks.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:35 PM Edited by Official General, 22 December 2013 - 06:37 PM.

@ am30 and GTA_V_Fan101

Where in my comments did I say no one could have their own opinion ? Nowhere. I just questioned why peope like Trevor just because he's insane and explained why I don't like his character.

Don't understand how you came to that conclusion.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:08 PM Edited by BoJack Cognac, 22 December 2013 - 09:15 PM.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:14 PM

leaving Michael who during the story I find to be the most well rounded and a character someone can really relate to.

iHFXhx5.jpg
You said it all.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

3 years on GTA Forums!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

GTA V's story is like 60% about Micheal, 25% about Franklin and like 15% about Trevor. My favorite is Micheal because it feels like he should've been the only protagonist.

• BoJack Cognac likes this

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Let's be real here.

Michael and Trevor are the only characters in GTAV.

Franklin is there so the people who can't let go of gangbanging would buy the game.

My favorite is personally Trevor, Michael comes close.

Franklin is by far one of the worst written characters ever.

am30
  • am30

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

If you're being real, Michael has no character!

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

The one character with a well written backstory, great actor and relatable life style and dialogue has no character? Are you f*cking kidding me?

• BoJack Cognac likes this

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

The one character with a well written backstory, great actor and relatable life style and dialogue has no character? Are you f*cking kidding me?

He's gotta be kidding you. Obvious troll-attempt is obvious.

am30
  • am30

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

No trolling here, I assure you.  I just hate Michael.

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

Weird. He's the only one I play as when not on a mission.

am30
  • am30

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

Trevor all the way for me.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

Trevor all the way for me.

Yeah same here dude, but I can tell when a character has honest writing and an involving backstory.

yopitstank
  • yopitstank

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

My favorite is Micheal because of all the Soprano eske things about his life he is the smooth brains of the operation and he is also a badass different from Trevors tank-like drug induced badass but a controlled almost agent like badass.

Franklin is my least favorite although it is enjoyable to live a gang-life black gangster fantasy sometimes he just doesn't fit into the rest of the narrative

GTASkunk
  • GTASkunk

Don Vercetti

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:47 PM

Favourite: Franklin - The character on story probably the best out the three of the main characters. Playing as Franklin gives me the ol' San Andreas feeling; Playing as an african-american character on GTA again just does it for me. It's not just that: Riding the BMX through the gritty streets of Los Santos and the hood.

Least Favourite: Trevor - For killing off Johnny Klebitz and 'The Lost'.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:59 PM Edited by Zodape, 23 December 2013 - 12:04 AM.

My favorite must be Trevor. I mainly love him because he is different. He isn't the generic protagonist who claims to have morals, right after killing hundreds of cops and running over some civillians on his way to Burger Shot. He is freedom, he is hilarous, he is f*cking crazy. He is the only memorable character of the three. Really, he will be the only one you remember, wether you liked him or not. He has the best missions, S&F missions, dialogues... I could go on. He is an asshole, he is a rapist, he manipulates his friends and treats them like sh*t, he is bald, he is everything what could be wrong with a human being, and I think that's why I love him.

I'm not proud of being in his shoes, but it sure is fun (then again, should I feel proud of playing as the other two, or any other murdering protagonist in the franchise?).

Michael has his moments. Him and his family are hilarious at times. He is a good character, don't get me wrong, but I kind of hated him the half of the time. Just because he didn't use a condomn twice he thinks he has more rights than everybody else. Plus I got sick of his whining at some point (not as much as Trevor's though. That guy got reeeally annoying in the final missions).

And Franklin... don't get me started with Franklin. I liked the guy, but he did little to nothing in the story. He was just the black guy of the group, sadly.

If the characters were weapons, Trevor would be a minigun, Micheal would be an assault rifle, and Franklin would be an unloaded pistol.

Edit: Trevor would be a dildo minigun.

Vahnstad
  • Vahnstad

The Russian Bear

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

Favorite: Franklin, frankie boy :D

Least favorite: steve haines, devin weston, ron, stretch,... so many sidecharacters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users