Quantcast

» «
Photo

Who is your favourite and least favourite main character in GTA V?

90 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:35 AM

Trevor, he just annoys me and kind of bores me oddly. No offense to Rockstar, but Trevor seems like a pathetic attempt to make the game more over-the-top and most players buy into that BS, but I don't. I don't like him, and I don't like his actions. I would've preferred a more interesting guy in his place: a wolf in sheep's clothing.

But then again, I am weird. I prefer those stories that start slower and build up, I cannot stand those attention grabs early in the story attempts because it feels like an action movie that is only good for it's action.

Am I getting old?

Old or not, I definitely agree with you. 

I just don't understand why some people think all of that wild and crazy stuff from Trevor is anything cool or special. It's just hyped-up rubbish. 

• PandaLambpaws likes this

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:38 AM

Franklin is my favorite. My least favorite is Trevor, because Trevor is not even a character. Just generic loudness with no depth.

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Returning Member 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2013
    Hottest Member 2014

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:53 AM Edited by Panz, 21 December 2013 - 04:54 AM.

Why all the Trevor hate?  He's arguably the funniest and most interesting game character out there.  There must have been some messed up minds planning up his dialogue, his actions, and his little cut scenes when you switch characters.  Seriously, my roommates shot me the most appalled looks when I played this game.  I don't know about you guys, but I think he's easily the most memorable character of this game, and that means that the developers did a damn good job. This character brought back the spontaneous and outrageous feel to the series that was lacking in IV.  

Michael annoys me quite a bit, so he's probably my least favorite just because of some of his idiotic decisions.  In fact, his whole family sucks. 

• gtaxpert likes this

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:59 AM Edited by gtaxpert, 21 December 2013 - 04:59 AM.

Trevor is the best character in GTA V by far.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:23 AM

I don't think I have a favorite, really, but I don't think I'd get along with Michael too well if he were a real person. Something about that condescending way he calls people "bro." I hate people like that.  

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

Why all the Trevor hate?  He's arguably the funniest and most interesting game character out there.  There must have been some messed up minds planning up his dialogue, his actions, and his little cut scenes when you switch characters.  Seriously, my roommates shot me the most appalled looks when I played this game.  I don't know about you guys, but I think he's easily the most memorable character of this game, and that means that the developers did a damn good job. This character brought back the spontaneous and outrageous feel to the series that was lacking in IV.  

Michael annoys me quite a bit, so he's probably my least favorite just because of some of his idiotic decisions.  In fact, his whole family sucks.

I don't hate Trevor, I just find the concept of 'He's crazy!!' to be a weird direction for GTA.

Every GTA protag is a psycho.

So making a character that's completely based around that(esp in a GTA game) is a weird decision in my opinion.

They could have gone with a much more sinister character, and instead they go for 'shock' value.

Yawn...

BoJack Cognac
  • BoJack Cognac

Cowboy and Rap Star

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

I personally use Michael when I'm just messing around.

I just relate to his character and care more about him than the others.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

I'd be really interested to know the age of those that have posted so far. I just have a feeling that Trevor's fans are, on average, a little younger than those that chose the others. 

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

My favourite is a clusterf*ck of a tie between Trevor, Ron and Davey. They are all fantastic characters in their own ways.

I think Fabien is great as a character but if I met everyone in real life I would absolutely despise him the most.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:45 PM Edited by Official General, 21 December 2013 - 02:46 PM.

I guess you're just so easily pleased and taken in by all that deliberately outrageous, shock factor expressed in certain forms of entertainment and media that's simply there to attract instant publicity and provide nothing more than cheap thrills for it's audience. I find that poor in taste when it comes to GTA, but each to their own. 

Trevor is memorable to you just because he shocks people with his excessively wild behavior, extreme violence, depravity - yeah that's so original. Like Smooth says, YAWN.

@ Fuzz

I'd be really interested to know the age of those that have posted so far. I just have a feeling that Trevor's fans are, on average, a little younger than those that chose the others. 

I definitely agree with this, I get that feeling too. 

My favorite character to play in the game is without question Franklin, including free roam. 

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:09 PM

How'd you work that one out Sherlok?

Out of the 3, Trevor is the most exciting and the most developed character.

AmbZiee
  • AmbZiee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

I quite enjoy certain aspects from all three of the characters really. My favourite really depends on my game progress, I quite enjoy playing as trevor when free roaming,but otherwise I'm not too keen on playing as him. Franklin's missions I sometimes find slightly tedious, leaving Michael who during the story I find to be the most well rounded and a character someone can really relate to.
but hey if I want to go on a murderous spree,then trevor is my first pick.

Hawk Xx Warrior
  • Hawk Xx Warrior

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

Favorite: Michael

Least favorite: Trevor
  • BoJack Cognac likes this

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

I like all three of them. No preferences.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

I'm 24.

I actually didn't like Trevor very much at first. During the first mission where you play as him, I thought to myself, "A probably inbred violent redneck, a paranoid conspiracy theorist and a Juggalo? Are you kidding me?"

Over time, Trevor grew on me, as did his friends.

Wade and Ron are my favorite supporting characters in this game. They're weird but nice, and they're some of the only characters that don't try to kill, harm or hold back any of the protagonists.

motosyko
  • motosyko

xXx

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

I hate all of them. 

I hate Lamar the most. 

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

Franklin is easily my favorite character of the three. He loves blowing motherf*ckin fools heads off as much as the next psychotic asshole, he just doesn't act like he's doing a good deed.

Which is why I don't like Trevor. His craziness isn't anything new, it's just personified any rampage from any of the games a bit more. His sneering proto hipster ways only make him less likeable.

Yeah, I mean just look at the dialogue for instance; Franklins script was much more hilarious and entertaining:

Franklin: "Nigga?"

Lamar: "Nigga dawg"

Franklin: "Dawg dawgy nigga dawg"

Lamar: "Dawgy dawg"

Franklin: "Nigga"

Lamar: "Nigga dawg"

Franklin: "Dawg"

Lamar: "Dawgy nigga?"

Franklin: "Dawg"

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

why does official general like tommy vercetti so much, he was just a generic psycho as well

Hardcore Savage
  • Hardcore Savage

Realest nigga on the forum tho

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:59 PM Edited by Hardcore Savage, 21 December 2013 - 10:03 PM.

Favorite: Trevor. I didn't find him to be much of a psycho at all. He was just stupid. Very different from the way I thought he would be. Trevor is a American-corruption fighting drug dealer from Canada living in the f*cking desert around a bunch of idiots that are either scared of him or just as stupid as he is.

Least Favorite: Franklin. Can't say much about him because there isn't much to him. What a lame...

• XFVG4 likes this

XFVG4
  • XFVG4

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:01 PM

Favorite: Trevor

Least Favorite: Franklin

100% Agree, Trevor is just some bad ass psycho from out the desert and Franklin is a little bitch that complains and doesn't do sh*t to represent where he is from, never visits the hood or sh*t. Forgets about his whole past as soon as he gets a bit of paper thrown his way.

Michael is just average really. Nice family man with everything. I use michael when im just hanging out in the city doing whatever, and then use Trevor for just doing f*cked up sh*t :p

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:41 AM Edited by Official General, 22 December 2013 - 01:41 AM.

why does official general like tommy vercetti so much, he was just a generic psycho as well

You really wanna know why ? Okay bro.....

Tommy Vercetti was not just a generic psycho, that bullsh*t. Tommy was indeed straight-up cold and murderous by nature, but it was never just for the sake of it, unlike that dumb ass Trevor. He only killed people that were either an obstacle to his ambitions, or because they were assassination targets he was hired to eliminate. Any murder that Tommy committed was always about business and for strategic means. 

And what I loved most about Tommy's character was the fact that he built up a vast, criminal and legitimate empire. His very ruthless and merciless approach to taking over Vice City was probably the greatest experience in history of GTA for me. Tommy's rise to power in Vice City was simply spectacular to watch. 

And Tommy was a psycho with style. He was smoothly and smartly dressed when he wanted to be, he looked cool in a tracksuit or just a shirt and jeans. 

Tommy over Trevor any f**king day. 

• NinjaWJ and PandaLambpaws like this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:47 AM Edited by Bonnano, 22 December 2013 - 01:48 AM.

Favorite: Fabien because he introduced me to Yoga.
Least Favorite: Chop because no personality, only continuous murder spree, R* did a very poor job developing this character.

• thejack0ff likes this

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

Trevor he's the most insane character I ever played with and likely one of my favourites alongside Michael. Michael is arguably a man of failures but still ensures his family safety above all else and somewhat showing credence to other characters despite of some setbacks.

Devin is partly the most annoyed character of the game and I really enjoyed the Deathwish ending more, I'd like to beat him by the pulp.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:06 AM

Favourite: Michael.

Least: Trevor.

In saying that Niko is more epic than all three combined.

/thread.

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

/thread.

And CJ is more epic than all 4 combined. 

/thread

But in V my favorite is Michael, I don't know why but I've played with him the most for some reason. Least would be Trevor simply because I liked Franklin more. I don't hate any of the characters but they've made Trevor too crazy for my liking. 

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:48 AM Edited by Official General, 22 December 2013 - 11:59 AM.

Trevor he's the most insane character I ever played with and likely one of my favourites 

Okay, but how does this alone make him a great and special character ?

So what you are saying is that for you to be hugely impressed by a video game character, all it takes is for the creators to give that character a very insane personality ?  :blink:

Wow, if I was game developer and most of my fans were just like you, I'd just keep making my protagonists more insane than the last one. My games would sell and be praised all the time, a guaranteed success. 

• SonOfLiberty and SmoothGetaway like this

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

/thread.

And CJ is more epic than all 4 combined. 

/thread

But in V my favorite is Michael, I don't know why but I've played with him the most for some reason. Least would be Trevor simply because I liked Franklin more. I don't hate any of the characters but they've made Trevor too crazy for my liking. 

No one cares about CJ.

/thread

Shou
  • Shou

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:54 AM Edited by Shoumic, 22 December 2013 - 11:54 AM.

No one cares about CJ.

/thread

If you didn't notice I was obviously joking. 

• Bonnano and thejack0ff like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

No one cares about CJ.

/thread

@ Shoumic

I bet if you had said Claude Speed or Tommy Vercetti, he would not have said anything to you. 

• Shou likes this

am30
  • am30

Irn Bru ftw

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

No one cares about CJ.

/thread

I know, but I'm just fed up reading about the constant comparisions to this CJ guy.

Either way, you're all wrong.  Trevor is the best character and Michael is just truly terrible.  I've tried free-roaming as Michael but he is just so boring and his special skill is totally pointless.  I used it once and died.

But each to their own, even if they're wrong. :lol:

No one cares about CJ.

/thread

@ Shoumic

I bet if you had said Claude Speed or Tommy Vercetti, he would not have said anything to you. 

I would have said the same thing so your wild assumption is completely wrong.  This thread is about GTA V, not previous GTA games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users