This game is beyond repair.

117 replies to this topic
Ataricade
  • Ataricade

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

Poor parenting

Why are people under 18 even playing the game?

That's another one of the things that ruins it for me...

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

Its a criminal game and you expect people to play fair and by the rules? 

way wrong answer.

we play as our character, using pre-designed game weapon to "shot" and "kill / relocate(1)" players and npc to achieve certain requirement of mission which invlove terms like "guns", "drugs"(2). and we gain game money / RP from that. that's what the game about. and THIS IS THE RULES OF THE GAME

1. we didnt actually kill other player, they just been relocated to somewhere with money and ammo lost, they can still keep on playing the game, but based on the concept "reduce hp to zero", we understand this as death

2. those so called drugs are only shown as the package, and the sub-title tells that is "drugs"

• tjor24 likes this

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:30 AM

FFS....didnt we buy GTA5 and it come with GTAOL?

why ppl think we pay all money (350HKD for me, 1USD = 7.8HKD if you even care) for GTAOL?

And not to mention the economy which is destroyed.

I see you using this word a lot, but I am not sure you know what it means.

An economy consists of the production, distribution or trade, and consumption of limited goods. Transactions occur when two parties agree to the value or price of the transacted good or service, commonly expressed in a certain currency. - Now GTA Online has no "limited goods" or player made values of price for items, there is not even a trading system. There is no economy, and there never was.

Besides, players spending real money for "shark cash cards" would destroy any "economy" if there even was one in place to begin with. Where is this "economy" when spending 5 dollars can gain you millions in cash? I swear it seems like R* and some palyers dont even know what an economy is, as GTA Online never had one to start with.

finally someone understand what economy is...

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:48 AM Edited by BBQ RIBS, 21 December 2013 - 04:49 AM.

R* can only do so much about the hackers and modders. It is Microsoft's and Sony's job to keep that people away from online access. Obviously, those two don't give a sh*t now that they are focused in their new consoles, understandably.

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

I still think if gta goes over to PC, it will keep the legit players here, also less server strain... So....no hacks :D

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

Well I'm actually going to be writing quite an extensive review/ letter of complaint to Rockstar.
I don't really have much time for games anymore. But when I'd heard about the new Gta, with all my friends hyping it up, I was very excited. It'd be the first new game I'd bought in a good three years. Didn't read much or watch many videos at all, wanted it to be a surprise to me.
Sadly, even on day one of release, I couldn't help but write down my complaints, even basic flaws.
I prefer to play online, I just find the experience more realistic than that of story mode. But hang on, we're on version 1.08 and yet the story mode Titan glitch when stored in hangars, still hasn't been addressed?
To me the company has lost interest in what their players, sorry customers, want.
People are complaining the game is new, it's the hackers etc who ruin it.
You couldn't be further from the truth. Game developers employ people and give a wage to those who are supposed to test every aspect of the game. Don't say the game is that big, it's impossible. If the company is therefore satisfied with releasing an unfinished product, shame on them. Game testers say their job is tedious because of the level of detail they must go to, to find errors and glitches, breaks of code, and I do not condone the stupidity that has ensued with the release of the online.
I'm only just level 60, already have the tank and cargobob through the website exploit thing, and even though I've driven the Rhino a couple of times, some players must have thought 'very unusual', as simply decimating other players isn't my game. Sometimes it will be, but for that I quite like testing my flying skill in the P996. I've honked the horn in the tank next to they players... They probably just expect me to fire at them like everyone else. I even request such vehicles - eg the Dump, and just give them to other players.
You can only own one property, not an apartment as well as a garage. If you've been gifted money - me it was 97 mil - the sense of achievement starts to go through the window.
AI who obviously aren't professionally trained (eg vagus gang) are ridiculously accurate with automatic weapons. AI in moving vehicles are far too accurate. Ammunition and vehicle upgrades are overpriced, people even over level 700 online.
Traffic glitches means sometimes I can drive head onto a non player vehicle simply because it has spawned and driven a few metres before putting headlights on, switching lanes erratically etc. Has made me lose a few races.
Matchmaking is also appalling, there must be thousands of people playing, and hundreds interested in one particular race or mission and yet still there's a struggle to fill servers.
People leave early or don't vote at the end of games, 1m timer should be 30 secs at most.
Joining a mission can put you in vs, dm, lts etc so their added, obviously untested method of choosing what you want via quick job doesn't work.
If you see these hackers etc and they're causing you grief, don't just publically flame about it on forums, send negative player reviews, even file a complaint of you deem that to be relevant.
I still play, join missions all the time, respectful but still have a 1.91 KDR.
But I'm very frustrated with Rockstar and their frankly pathetic reasons and explanations.
I will be sending a letter demanding some sort of compensation as well as public apology for failing to provide this revolutionary experience, and no I won't give them any more time. In less than 90 days, we've had 8 full patches as well as hotfixes and smaller updates and we're still having issues, or at least I am?
That to me is unacceptable. Perhaps they should spend more time playing, testing etc and release bigger updates that actually do this game real justice.
I'm very interested to hear and read what others have to say and will be including these comments in my letter. Also if you're an Xbox owner, my name is GaffaAce if anyone wants to show me problems or simply add to 'show the others how it's done'.
Sorry, but I do have the ability to write long comments. Wrote 9 pages, just over 8,000 words in complaint to a transport company once and had a meeting with their GM, so hopefully I'll have similar success.

I know this thread is ancient now, but I want to say something. Just a little something. Most of what you say is true however, hehe, "in less than 90 days we have had 8 full patches and hotfixes" "LESS THAN 90 DAYS AND 8 (now 9) PATCHES" most game companies patch their games ONCE every 2 months. Rockstar is being proactive about it, just the community doesn't give a sh*t, you people complain about "instant gratification" yet you yourself, won't give rockstar the time of day to explain themselves. WHY, what's the point of blaming rockstar for it's player base? The players of the game got pissed when GTA was delayed, I saw threads saying that if GTA:O was released any later, they would return the game...now...WHAT WAS ROCKSTAR SUPPOSED TO DO, it's fan base demanded the game now or never. Rockstar obliged, all the sh*t they advertised IS coming, but you guys simply pushed them. You cannot blame rockstar for not having enough time to add new sh*t every time they turn on their computers...oh wait, they do have time? Infact they are working on the Heists DLC, right now.

I hope you people are proud of yourselves, for hating a game when it was released like this, BECAUSE of you. Now take a moment to think, and I know I probably won't get a reply, but still...think

TL;DR: Gta is like this because you guys rushed it
  • AnotherUserName likes this

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

if rockstar would have released heists at launch, not taken away mission replayability, not nerfed the amount of money from missions, not nerfed the rp from races, then the game would not be in this state. sure there would still be a handful of people who absolutely HAVE to hack the game, but it would have been less intensive for the majority of the people to do it

• SilkySkillz85 likes this

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

if rockstar would have released heists at launch, not taken away mission replayability, not nerfed the amount of money from missions, not nerfed the rp from races, then the game would not be in this state. sure there would still be a handful of people who absolutely HAVE to hack the game, but it would have been less intensive for the majority of the people to do it

Lol yeah but that's the devs fault, except the first one, we pushed them, they rushed it. My point being, is that the player base is now composed of exaggerating dicks who want everything as soon as possible, and then ridicule others who want everything as soon as possible

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:08 AM

I hope you people are proud of yourselves, for hating a game when it was released like this, BECAUSE of you. Now take a moment to think, and I know I probably won't get a reply, but still...think

TL;DR: Gta is like this because you guys rushed it

Well, at least we got tanks.  :p

• beat_savy_9 likes this

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:40 AM Edited by xrk, 11 January 2014 - 11:41 AM.

Good lord people expect this game to be perfect right away?

Every game has it flaws and R* didn't know all of them until they had players exploit them otherwise they can't fix something unless they know it there.

The game has only been out for 3 months you need to give them time to fix it, Is the game ever going to be 100% perfect?

Of course not but give them some time to fix it at least they can fix it.

Kids today don't know what it was like to play games that couldn't be patched when there were bugs you dealt with it or didn't play the game it was simple as that at least now they can fix it so learn to appreciate what the game generation is like now because before PS3 & Xbox 360 we had to deal with it.

Only been out 3 months? FFS, how long are supposed to give them? 3-4 years just to get some decent coders who can block out the most amaturish of hackers. The games a joke, but to be honest if you play this game it's best not to take it seriously anyway. Play a game of gold and try to hit the other player in the head.

They have been actively patching and fixing glitches and have recently started doing so at a faster pace, every major online game has issues in the early stages, and it's ignorant to have expected a company venturing into this kind of online game practically for the first time to have a perfect early run, especially when there are so many more pathetic leechers on console spending hours trying to find glitches to run to youtube/gtaforums to post about.

No,what they have been doing is slapping band-aids on every problem they can find in hopes of holding up the dam.  There are a crap ton of issues this game is plagued with.

As it was mentioned before, many players don't know what it was like back on nintendo, SNeS, Playstation, Playstation 2, when games HAD to be in top working order before it left the stores.  There was no internet option to patch them.  

I mean for f*cks sakes, I can pop in Final Fantasy 7 and play all three discs without hitting a single snag, but there are games released in 2013 that have more bugs and problems than we know what to do with, but it's ok, and we forgive the developers because they can just patch them later.

1997 vs 2013.

Stop standing up for Rockstar.  All that money spent making this game, 250 million, all that time, 5 years allegedly, and this is the buggiest GTA to date.  And you cannot honestly give me that Online is new to them experience, what with the prevalence of online games out now, there were plenty of places to turn to for inspiration and guidance. 

Games have always had glitches even back then when games were much more simple and had far less players looking for the glitches.

and..

http://finalfantasy....gs_and_Glitches

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:20 PM

Its funny that because the older games which couldn't be patched via internet were of a better build quality because the developer couldn't afford to have major flaws, it would result in mass people returning their products. Can you imagine a high selling game coming out over 10 years ago with the amount of flaws GTAO has? it just wouldnt happen.

It annoys me that developers think they can put less effort into building a quality game just because they have the internet and can patch it.

my games used to come on a single floppy disc holding 1.4mb 

GTA is currently 8-9GB, batman:AO is 20GB

it's not just the internet that made 'patching' happen. it's the game being far more complex than those of 10 years ago. 

at some point you just have to release or nothing would EVER leave 'testing'............. how do you test 15million people trying to play your game, WITHOUT having 15million people play it?

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

I've breathed new life into this old thread, MajorWhytey, you are welcome

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

don't hate peasant

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Seems like R* will never stop the hackers so yeah, im gettin sick of this. Invite only's get boring. smh rockstar...

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Just goes to show that Rockstar should have went for a more co-op, have fun type of online instead of a Call of Duty nothing but deathmatch and unlocks type of online.

AlecStewartOBE
  • AlecStewartOBE

The Gaffer

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

I don't think the game is entirely beyond repair. Get me, Gooch, Flower Power, and Thorpedo in Rockstar's dressing room and we'll sort that lot out and motivate them within a half hour. They are just suffering from a bit of low confidence which creeps into all of us now and again. I'm keeping faith with the current heirarchy.

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

Games company tries something extremely ambitious and doesn't get it working perfectly straight away shocker!

I do understand your frustrations, I do. I've lost a character. My enthusiasm was dampened by the money/bounty hacks, and as for those goddamned low ranking tank glitchers, well...

I think Rockstar really should have labelled the first six months/year of the game as an open beta. We're the ones doing the play testing at the mo'. We finding the exploits, the glitches, everything, and they're playing catch up. Big time. That little word 'beta' just at the end would have made a lot of us a little more forgiving.

GTA Online isn't a Call Of Duty game that will be replaced a year down the line, this is a long term thing for Rockstar. It could be three, four, even five years before our next GTA game so you can bet they'll do everything they can to keep us playing. Especially as I'm sure when GTA Online makes the jump to next gen we'll have start paying a subscription fee.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:53 PM

I think the new patch is to give them more options to hot fix the glitches and hackers out of the game. I believe that this new update will slowly but surely bring an end to the bullsh*t which goes on. Rockstar are giving me the impression that at first they didn't want to put lots of cash into GTA:O's maintenance and now they are releasing what happens when you don't fix stuff properly. I think it will get better, you should just not play it for a while, or just play the stuff you find fun. I think it's fun to roll around shooting anybody with my crew friends, sometimes we roll on people 4 deep and it's funny because the person gets owned LOL. You should do this, because it's hilarious. Sometimes if it's some god-mode noob, 3 of us beats on him while the other gets the tank to throw him around like a noob rag doll lmao! f*cking pricks.

Anyway, it will only get better. Just take a break from the game.

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:13 PM

Rockstar have always had glitchy games but this is just embarrassing. Other gaming companies must be having a right laugh at rockstars expense. I just dont understand how a billion dollar company could take so long to fix all these problems, its not like they dont have rhe resources.

Gtao was meant to be a revolutionary experience. This should have been the biggest leap in the genre since gta 3 went 3d. Yet its just one mess up after another

At this point, this may as well be a beta, because by the tome they fix all of its problems the big chunk of the players will have moved on ( most already have)

Their one saving grace is that the pc/next gen versions are yet to release. If they can fix all the glitches by then and balance it a bit more it'd definately be a better experience. Might be too little too late by that point though

This is basically beta. They didnt do any testing before launch and now they are using these last few months as a basis for building the game towards something that isnt like this. Has it crossed anyone's mind they wanted to see what people would do to the game? You know they arent going to give up and call it a day. They are gathering notes on how people are playing, ways they are exploiting the game and slowly changing the game around that. They are probably thankful people did start hacking so they can find the issues and change them now and not months down the road when they want to start putting out new content and things like heists.

• saintsrow and Gasmasks like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

Games company tries something extremely ambitious and doesn't get it working perfectly straight away shocker!

I do understand your frustrations, I do. I've lost a character. My enthusiasm was dampened by the money/bounty hacks, and as for those goddamned low ranking tank glitchers, well...

I think Rockstar really should have labelled the first six months/year of the game as an open beta. We're the ones doing the play testing at the mo'. We finding the exploits, the glitches, everything, and they're playing catch up. Big time. That little word 'beta' just at the end would have made a lot of us a little more forgiving.

GTA Online isn't a Call Of Duty game that will be replaced a year down the line, this is a long term thing for Rockstar. It could be three, four, even five years before our next GTA game so you can bet they'll do everything they can to keep us playing. Especially as I'm sure when GTA Online makes the jump to next gen we'll have start paying a subscription fee.

I agree.  The incredibly designed GTAV world is such a big project, with so many years before it can be surpassed, that Rockstar would be foolish to not leverge this asset for years of robust play.  They could even have completely different game modes, like a Second Life environment, where ordinary non-psychotic people come just to have fun in a virtual world. I'd buy that.  :colgate:

Like you, I just hope to heck that Rockstar can realize and achieve a better use for their creation, than simple PvP anarchy and a playground for tankbitches.  Even for us hardcore fans, this situation is stretching our patience.  If this is going to be their steady state long term product line ,the "blond new direction" needs a change in course.  :dontgetit:

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

I think the new patch is to give them more options to hot fix the glitches and hackers out of the game. I believe that this new update will slowly but surely bring an end to the bullsh*t which goes on. Rockstar are giving me the impression that at first they didn't want to put lots of cash into GTA:O's maintenance and now they are releasing what happens when you don't fix stuff properly. I think it will get better, you should just not play it for a while, or just play the stuff you find fun. I think it's fun to roll around shooting anybody with my crew friends, sometimes we roll on people 4 deep and it's funny because the person gets owned LOL. You should do this, because it's hilarious. Sometimes if it's some god-mode noob, 3 of us beats on him while the other gets the tank to throw him around like a noob rag doll lmao! f*cking pricks.

Anyway, it will only get better. Just take a break from the game.

Exactly. People are panicking because the game can't hold their hand and tell em how to have fun.

Just get a bunch of friends together and do some crazy, competitive, random sh*t that you think of. I didn't buy GTA to grind missions and races to unlock everything and then quit. I bought it for the amazing sandbox qualities.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

Every game has it flaws and R* didn't know all of them until they had players exploit them otherwise they can't fix something unless they know it there.

The game has only been out for 3 months you need to give them time to fix it, Is the game ever going to be 100% perfect?

Kids today don't know what it was like to play games that couldn't be patched when there were bugs you dealt with it or didn't play the game it was simple as that at least now they can fix it so learn to appreciate what the game generation is like now because before PS3 & Xbox 360 we had to deal with it.

Most games that have "only been out for 3 months" have fixed glaring, major flaws by that time. By 3 months, most (competent) developers are working on their second piece of DLC, while Rockstar's still trying to fix fundamentally broken gameplay elements. Things which people have complained about since the release (cops are too omniscient, the AI has laser targeting in speeding vehicles, players in passive mode can get run over) STILL haven't been fixed. Name one other developer who could possibly get away with this.

• rnb010 likes this

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 10:52 AM

Most games that have "only been out for 3 months" have fixed glaring, major flaws by that time. By 3 months, most (competent) developers are working on their second piece of DLC, while Rockstar's still trying to fix fundamentally broken gameplay elements. Things which people have complained about since the release (cops are too omniscient, the AI has laser targeting in speeding vehicles, players in passive mode can get run over) STILL haven't been fixed. Name one other developer who could possibly get away with this.

EA, people still buying their sh*t

Cryki
  • Cryki

The Realist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:01 AM

But things are not getting fixed...... The patches are rubbish. I paid for a cash card and two days I get gifted hacked money. Obviously reported to this to rockstar, heard nothing yet.

Recinema
  • Recinema

Bounty Hunter

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

Poor parenting

These types of comments are more annoying than squeakers.

rlr149
  • rlr149

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

But things are not getting fixed...... The patches are rubbish. I paid for a cash card and two days I get gifted hacked money. Obviously reported to this to rockstar, heard nothing yet.

they are getting fixed. it's not a case of just 'flipping a switch' and everythings sorted.

what gives you the idea that it's 'sooooooooooooo' easily fixable? 

Pro_Donn
  • Pro_Donn

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

Poor parenting

NOTHING is worse that having a loud squeaker making noise and having to pause your game to mute him.  If someone is nearby on the map you may also have to enable passive mode first and then disable it afterwards.

I can ignore the complainers but I can't ignore some little runt who won't shut his mouth.  Sometimes I actually wish I could melee attack them in real life!

Poor parenting

NOTHING is worse that having a loud squeaker making noise and having to pause your game to mute him.  If someone is nearby on the map you may also have to enable passive mode first and then disable it afterwards.

I can ignore the complainers but I can't ignore some little runt who projecting his voice throughout my sitting room.  Sometimes I actually wish I could melee attack them in real life!

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

Poor parenting

I can ignore the complainers but I can't ignore some little runt who won't shut his mouth.  Sometimes I actually wish I could melee attack them in real life!

Poor parenting

I can ignore the complainers but I can't ignore some little runt who projecting his voice throughout my sitting room.  Sometimes I actually wish I could melee attack them in real life!

Just putting this out there, i am nowhere near a 'squeaker' lol, I developed early :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users