• Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

Easy way to fix 'free roam'.

Remove lvl req from everything.

Remove all ammo when busted.

Add a weapons weight carry option as to limit who much ammo/explosives players can carry and limit the over carry that players can have.    (How does a player carry 25 sticky bombs and 20 rpgs and 100000 bullets?) 

Add a 48 min cool down to call for tanks.

That would change the face of Free Roam for better imo.

Pitch~Black
  • Pitch~Black

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

I don't think anybody can find fault with R*'s ambitions for GTAO. Where I think they truly went wrong is failing to have the means or the know-how to really back that ambition up. In my mind they have shown nothing but complete ineptitude and a total lack of preperation for what would happen when this game was released. It may not actually be the case in reality, but I think it would be difficult for anyone to show any actual proof that R* truly knows what they are doing. This would be less notable if it were an upstart or inexperienced developer. But this is R* and the game is nothing less than Grand Theft Auto. That makes the state of this game and R*'s handling of it simply embarrasing.

R* very well may be using GTAO as a test bed for future titles and as a much needed learning process for them as a developer. In the end, though, I think that does a disservice to us, the consumers and players. I know that I, for one, will not buy in to any hype R* generates about any future titles or ambitions they may have about this game or any other until they actually deliver on that hype. Because, imo, they did not with this title.

Proof: where is this "constantly evolving world" they spoke of? A bunch of patches to fix problems, a mediocre and practically meaningless dlc bundle that was far from game changing and the addition of the Content Creator that was supposed to be a core componant of the game anyway is hardly "evolving".

• Gaffa and Timely like this

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

Why are people under 18 even playing the game?

That's another one of the things that ruins it for me...

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:10 PM

I think cod players ask themselves this like 90% of the time they are in public lobbies.

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

If you met me in real life, you would think I'm 18. Do you know how annoying it is to be mistaken for being an adult? To has its perks (I'm not harassed because I'm not a squeaker on gta :D) Really the 18+ logo is for the level of mental maturity. There are murderers influenced by the game well over 18, but mentally unstable or just extremely immature for their age. Don't judge a book by its cover :D

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

What I don't get is the whole COD level up to get better weapons concept.

Why?

Why punish newbies with a silly 'lock' on weapons.    If you have the cash to buy something let it be.

I never got this in BF or COD either and is a major reason I don't play those games.  So players who play ALOT get access to the best weapons/armor/perks and newbies get sh*t on?  lol?

How does that even make any sense?  As if being new isn't enough of a handicap.. Instead being new means a huge limit on weapons while going up against veteran players with access to everything.

• brose_sfr likes this

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Good lord people expect this game to be perfect right away?

Every game has it flaws and R* didn't know all of them until they had players exploit them otherwise they can't fix something unless they know it there.

The game has only been out for 3 months you need to give them time to fix it, Is the game ever going to be 100% perfect?

Of course not but give them some time to fix it at least they can fix it.

Kids today don't know what it was like to play games that couldn't be patched when there were bugs you dealt with it or didn't play the game it was simple as that at least now they can fix it so learn to appreciate what the game generation is like now because before PS3 & Xbox 360 we had to deal with it.

Only been out 3 months? FFS, how long are supposed to give them? 3-4 years just to get some decent coders who can block out the most amaturish of hackers. The games a joke, but to be honest if you play this game it's best not to take it seriously anyway. Play a game of gold and try to hit the other player in the head.
They have been actively patching and fixing glitches and have recently started doing so at a faster pace, every major online game has issues in the early stages, and it's ignorant to have expected a company venturing into this kind of online game practically for the first time to have a perfect early run.

It's not their 1st time though is it? GTA4 and they had 5 years to sort this sh*t out. Nobody is saying we expected it perfect, but with every patch there seems to be about 10 more glitches/exploits.

Do you have a good imagination? Ok good, envision this:

Rock star, a good natured, hard working studio, creating gta online, and liking it so far. Then, TakeTwo comes and puts a gun to rock stars head, "we want money, and we want it now, listen to what we say or we will disband your studio", which is where messing with the game to favour micro transactions. Also this is a first for a game of this scale. look at skyrim, 2years old, buggy as hell still. It's a first for them, it's just too hard to accommodate every one of their maybe 25mil players. Make it easy? Yeah the younger blokes, make it a grind? For the hardcore guys, make it expensive? To stop people complaining about having too much money to spare. Include tanks? For the higher levels to have some fun.

Why?

Why punish newbies with a silly 'lock' on weapons.    If you have the cash to buy something let it be.

I never got this in BF or COD either and is a major reason I don't play those games.  So players who play ALOT get access to the best weapons/armor/perks and newbies get sh*t on?  lol?

How does that even make any sense?  As if being new isn't enough of a handicap.. Instead being new means a huge limit on weapons while going up against veteran players with access to everything.

Hey lol you know what my favourite military saying is? To become a veteran, you must beat the veterans

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

Every game has it flaws and R* didn't know all of them until they had players exploit them otherwise they can't fix something unless they know it there.

The game has only been out for 3 months you need to give them time to fix it, Is the game ever going to be 100% perfect?

Kids today don't know what it was like to play games that couldn't be patched when there were bugs you dealt with it or didn't play the game it was simple as that at least now they can fix it so learn to appreciate what the game generation is like now because before PS3 & Xbox 360 we had to deal with it.

Only been out 3 months? FFS, how long are supposed to give them? 3-4 years just to get some decent coders who can block out the most amaturish of hackers. The games a joke, but to be honest if you play this game it's best not to take it seriously anyway. Play a game of gold and try to hit the other player in the head.

They have been actively patching and fixing glitches and have recently started doing so at a faster pace, every major online game has issues in the early stages, and it's ignorant to have expected a company venturing into this kind of online game practically for the first time to have a perfect early run.

It's not their 1st time though is it? GTA4 and they had 5 years to sort this sh*t out. Nobody is saying we expected it perfect, but with every patch there seems to be about 10 more glitches/exploits. 

GTAO is a huge leap from GTA4 MP.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

Why?

Hey lol you know what my favourite military saying is? To become a veteran, you must beat the veterans

Well skill wise yes... But to have access to the better items in a player vs player game is lame.

Veteran players are usually better, so whats the point of only allowing them access to the more powerful weapons?  To make it easier to squash newbies?

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

Do you have a good imagination? Ok good, envision this:

Rock star, a good natured, hard working studio, creating gta online, and liking it so far. Then, TakeTwo comes and puts a gun to rock stars head, "we want money, and we want it now, listen to what we say or we will disband your studio", which is where messing with the game to favour micro transactions. Also this is a first for a game of this scale. look at skyrim, 2years old, buggy as hell still. It's a first for them, it's just too hard to accommodate every one of their maybe 25mil players. Make it easy? Yeah the younger blokes, make it a grind? For the hardcore guys, make it expensive? To stop people complaining about having too much money to spare. Include tanks? For the higher levels to have some fun.

Why?

You know what my favorite military saying is? I'm a f*cking psycho that signed up for a job that requires me to kill people without questioning the reasons.

Uncalled for, I know. I just happen to hate the military.

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

[/quote]

You know what my favorite military saying is? I'm a f*cking psycho that signed up for a job that requires me to kill people without questioning the reasons.

Uncalled for, I know. I just happen to hate the military.[/quote]

Lol...I was actually ready to go to military school because I wanted to be part of it, cos damn it I wanted to feel entitled. But then....along came my business plans

Why?

Well skill wise yes... But to have access to the better items in a player vs player game is lame.

Veteran players are usually better, so whats the point of only allowing them access to the more powerful weapons?  To make it easier to squash newbies?

Because all in all, games like that are usually all about skill, doesn't matter WHAT guns you have, if you have skill, you can easily dominate, real life and in the game, though in real life you need military strategy, teamwork, and of course, straight aim. The noobs in real war will die, those who trained regularly survive longer than those who joined because f*ck it, I'm a man. Same goes for fps shooters. You KNOW you're going against veterans, it's not pub stomping, it's proving yourself, if you aren't good, at least you have chances to survive for longer

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

glitchers and cheaters will get bored and leave in a month or two. I'll still be here, keepin on keepin on. Dealing with them spices things up for a bit. Mostly because they dont know how to use the tools they've cheated to get so I come out on top anyway.

Stay classy you animals.

who-dat
  • who-dat

FREE-AIM Olympic Gold Medalist '82

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

What economy lol? you can't buy and sell and money is only used to buy stuff that is generated by the game such as cars, ammunition and upgrades. There is no economy.

There is a economy, once for my crew, I was going to make a deal with another crew, kinda like a drug deal but with a shipment of fully upgraded cars that we had stolen from other players. But when we joined, their boss was gifted 850mil, and he just left telling us he doesn't want to be allies anymore :/

That does not make an economy....

Smart phones are making the next generation dumber, gone are the days of having to know, to learn. Thanks google.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

[/quote]

Lol...I was actually ready to go to military school because I wanted to be part of it, cos damn it I wanted to feel entitled. But then....along came my business plans

Why?

Because all in all, games like that are usually all about skill, doesn't matter WHAT guns you have, if you have skill, you can easily dominate, real life and in the game, though in real life you need military strategy, teamwork, and of course, straight aim. The noobs in real war will die, those who trained regularly survive longer than those who joined because f*ck it, I'm a man. Same goes for fps shooters. You KNOW you're going against veterans, it's not pub stomping, it's proving yourself, if you aren't good, at least you have chances to survive for longer

What does skill matter if the Vet has access to all the weapons and has the experience to player better?  Whiles some newb that has no experience has access to the least amount of weapons and perks?

Not all FPS have this silly concept of Ranks, weapon unlocks and perks.

PVP should be fair.  Fair is everyone gets access to all perks and weapons off the hop.  And with that only the best players would win.  That's why I think COD and BF suck when it comes to balanced pvp.

My lvl 140 would laugh at a lvl 10 in GTA O.

Whats that lvl 10 got?  A pistol and an uzi  with almost 500 bullets?  While my lvl 140 is running around with max life, the best bullet proof vest, 10, 000 + worth of bullets for every gun available and 25+ worth of explosives for everything.

So why can't the low level by the exact some weapons as me?   Besides the magical lock that says noooO which makes no sense..

vahnx
  • vahnx

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:50 PM

Any level players running about in tanks. Usually lower than level 20 due to a glitch.

- i never see this

So everyone using mini guns, RPGs etc.

- no one uses miniguns and i rarely see RPGs

Too many rp glitches.

- please do tell, because they killed CR a long time ago

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:56 PM

[/quote]

Why?

What does skill matter if the Vet has access to all the weapons and has the experience to player better?  Whiles some newb that has no experience has access to the least amount of weapons and perks?

PVP should be fair.  Fair is everyone gets access to all perks and weapons off the hop.  And with that only the best players would win.  That's why I think COD and BF suck when it comes to balanced pvp.

Whats that lvl 10 got?  A pistol and an uzi  with almost 500 bullets?  While my lvl 140 is running around with max life, the best bullet proof vest, 10, 000 + worth of bullets for every gun available and 25+ worth of explosives for everything.

So why can't the low level by the exact some weapons as me?   Besides the magical lock that says noooO which makes no sense..

What's the point of ranking up if you get all level unlocks at level 5?  Besides, any half decent player can be effective once they get to level 24 and unlock the assault rifle. With the tank glitch it's made things more easier anyway.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

Once you get the AR the game does become really easy, and I think it's good that it isn't unlocked at level 1, because having to play through the early levels will at least give new players incentive to learn a few things about the game and it's mechanics while ranking up instead of running head first into FR having 0 idea what they are doing.

OurJud
  • OurJud

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

Game will be dead in a month[...]

Strange, isn't it, that people have been saying this for the last three months, and yet here we are, still discussing it?
  • codename_duchess likes this

ProblemChiild88
  • ProblemChiild88

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

At least the game actually works and plays, unlike new battlefield you cant even play, entire game crashes.

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

All thats left for me to do is to ruin this game because i feel hate.
Everyone can take a part of it,mine is to be a lvl 1000 through grinding and having a few billion in the bank.
And i am not the only one who sees it this point. Rockstar finally feel the rage of all the people who lost their vehicles...

really? You're going to waste your time grinding a game you don't like in attempt to punish the developers?

Congratulations, you're officially an idiot.
  • OurJud likes this

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:10 PM

They have been actively patching and fixing glitches and have recently started doing so at a faster pace, every major online game has issues in the early stages, and it's ignorant to have expected a company venturing into this kind of online game practically for the first time to have a perfect early run, especially when there are so many more pathetic leechers on console spending hours trying to find glitches to run to youtube/gtaforums to post about.

No,what they have been doing is slapping band-aids on every problem they can find in hopes of holding up the dam.  There are a crap ton of issues this game is plagued with.

As it was mentioned before, many players don't know what it was like back on nintendo, SNeS, Playstation, Playstation 2, when games HAD to be in top working order before it left the stores.  There was no internet option to patch them.  

I mean for f*cks sakes, I can pop in Final Fantasy 7 and play all three discs without hitting a single snag, but there are games released in 2013 that have more bugs and problems than we know what to do with, but it's ok, and we forgive the developers because they can just patch them later.

1997 vs 2013.

Stop standing up for Rockstar.  All that money spent making this game, 250 million, all that time, 5 years allegedly, and this is the buggiest GTA to date.  And you cannot honestly give me that Online is new to them experience, what with the prevalence of online games out now, there were plenty of places to turn to for inspiration and guidance. 

• Gaffa and Timely like this

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

This is the company that made: Vice City, San Andreas, IV, Red Dead and Midnight Club. These guys do not get slack cut for them after a track record like that. They aren't the makers of Dead Island or some other newblood hacks. This is R* and a company like R* MUST be embarrassed after all this stupidity.

That said, if silly f*cks weren't intent on breaking the game and cheating their way to the top, most things would be fine.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Now that I have stopped grinding for money i'm having a ton of fun with this game. They are screwing themselves over with the low payouts. If people don't feel broke all the time they have more fun.
I could care less if a griefer blows up my personal vehicle with his tank and I pay for everything. I'll do the missions for $2000 cause it's just fun to do the missions now and not care how much you make.
Too bad R* wants to sell shark cards so bad.

I do what I want!

DopeSack
  • DopeSack

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by DopeSack, 20 December 2013 - 05:58 PM.

so many bugs and so much neglect from R* sorry inexperience is not a valid excuse especially from a developer as well respected and as big as R* hire someone who knows wtf they are doing to manage your online community put your money were your mouth is they have 1 moderator on there support boards what a f*cking joke not to mention its boards they have no proper forum are you f*cking kidding me

1. data loss took 3-4 weeks to correct and smooth out 2nd patch literally made it worse and people are still losing vehicles atleast there no longer losing characters still makes me laugh when i think about

2. absolutely no security implemented until last patch the few that felt it there right to have hacked vehicles/levels/money in game look at the tow truck was causing freezing/crashing issues for others with absolutely 00 ramifications having to turn the power off or shutting down because your sh*t is frozen or crashed is one of the worst possible things you can do to any kind of console or pc was what the 5th patch that that removed it and only if you went in your garage and how many had it hacked back in after because again they made no attempt to actually find and hold people accountable last patch supposedly removed all the vehicle hacks but idk

3. the complete failure of patches half the sh*t doesn't work and/or adds new bugs the incomplete patch notes the nerfing some things needed nerfing tho in there defense its like they don't even test patches to make sure they are working correctly

the list can go on and on the game isn't dead it would have to get to less than 16 people playing for that but i do know all 4 of the crews i'm in are dead can count on 1 hand the people that play in any of them still and my friends list they all have moved on but a couple people is sad really 

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

Why?

weapon unlocks should be earned. a new player can steal cars, & hold up stores to be able to afford things, but it doesn't mean they have the skill or experience to use them. believe it or not some if those Veteran players leveled up by doing missions/races/ect.

if a player puts his/her focus on RP over guns & money, that player would enjoy the game a lot more.

also: is there ANY games that start you off with access to all weapons/upgrades? (SP or MP)

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

Easy way to fix 'free roam'.

Remove lvl req from everything.

Remove all ammo when busted.

Add a weapons weight carry option as to limit who much ammo/explosives players can carry and limit the over carry that players can have.    (How does a player carry 25 sticky bombs and 20 rpgs and 100000 bullets?) 

Add a 48 min cool down to call for tanks.

That would change the face of Free Roam for better imo.

Definitely.  I think the only way to have fun in Free Roam is to limit the amount of fun other people can have.

• Toke likes this

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

What economy lol? you can't buy and sell and money is only used to buy stuff that is generated by the game such as cars, ammunition and upgrades. There is no economy.

There is a economy, once for my crew, I was going to make a deal with another crew, kinda like a drug deal but with a shipment of fully upgraded cars that we had stolen from other players. But when we joined, their boss was gifted 850mil, and he just left telling us he doesn't want to be allies anymore :/

That does not make an economy....
Smart phones are making the next generation dumber, gone are the days of having to know, to learn. Thanks google.

Ik ik just my 2 cents, the word you people are looking for is financial equality

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

[quote name="Vooodu" post="1064342601" timestamp="1387558117"][quote name="ShadowMercure" post="1064342496" timestamp="1387557515"]
[/quote]

Why?

[/quote]

So why can't the low level by the exact some weapons as me?   Besides the magical lock that says noooO which makes no sense..[/quote]

If your level 140 can't see the level 10, what can your 140 do? Getting attacked from behind isn't exactly defendable. That level 10 could be a boss but just bought the game, see it's all about learning the ropes, and proving yourself that guns don't kill people, people kill people, guns are their to make their lives easier

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:00 PM Edited by SLUGFly, 20 December 2013 - 07:02 PM.

Rockstar's following a business model. The last time they followed art models was in the days of San Andreas and Manhunt. They left their soul in the PS2.

Edit: no, no. Red Dead Redemption was a masterpiece. If they added cars and a serious city I'd play that way before this. >.<

Ataricade
  • Ataricade

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:38 PM

This is how I feel almost exactly. It's frustrating. I haven't been playing much. Prob a good thing. Getting some other stuff done lol

I love/loved this game, but it's too ruined now.

Any level players running about in tanks. Usually lower than level 20 due to a glitch.

Players with only a couple hours game time being high level. So everyone using mini guns, RPGs etc.

Fundamentally the game has lost all its achievement factor. What's the point!

Been slowly working my rank up, but it annoys me when newbie players are rank 200+

Too many rp glitches. Unlock glitches. And not to mention the economy which is destroyed.

I still love the game, but it's getting beyond the joke how exploited sand ruined this game really is. Comical really!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users