This game is beyond repair.

117 replies to this topic
MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:42 AM

I love/loved this game, but it's too ruined now.

Any level players running about in tanks. Usually lower than level 20 due to a glitch.

Players with only a couple hours game time being high level. So everyone using mini guns, RPGs etc.

Fundamentally the game has lost all its achievement factor. What's the point!

Been slowly working my rank up, but it annoys me when newbie players are rank 200+

Too many rp glitches. Unlock glitches. And not to mention the economy which is destroyed.

I still love the game, but it's getting beyond the joke how exploited sand ruined this game really is. Comical really!!!
  • GroundZero, tjor24 and nobum62 like this

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:45 AM

:r*:  will fix this surely?  :panic:  :yawn:

• GoodGreen and iainspad like this

Silver_Paladin
  • Silver_Paladin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

the funny thing is that they talk ablout endlessly updating gta online for years....pfft...who do they think they are? blizzard? LOL

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

Rockstar sure has its work cut out, but once again they only have themselves to blame with their constant lack of proper testing.

I'm not even talking about the state of the game at launch, the patches themselves are riddled with issues.

Eight patches later and we now have unlimited RP, unlock any vehicles for free, semi efficient money glitches, etc...they have to be more serious about their testing or it's going to become a never-ending string of patches that requires more patches to fix everything implemented in the previous patch lol...

You see that frequently in indie game companies, mostly due to inexperience. Guess Rockstar will all its budget is finding itself in a similar predicament. They are learning as they are doing.

• nobum62, Thespaz9, Goromaia and 1 other like this

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

And people create threads thinking it belongs on xbox one or Ps4.  I will say at least its playable unlike BF4 but that's not saying too much.  Game will be dead in a month as all that will be left soon is cheats and hackers  

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

And people create threads thinking it belongs on xbox one or Ps4.  I will say at least its playable unlike BF4 but that's not saying too much.  Game will be dead in a month as all that will be left soon is cheats and hackers  

Glad I didn't buy BF4. I played the beta and got hooked but all I have heard was final game is crap. Now I don't think GTAO will be dead in a month, I do believe in order to have any bit of a good time with it you would have to be invite only crews. It is about that way now.

Happykick
  • Happykick

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:16 AM

All thats left for me to do is to ruin this game because i feel hate.

Everyone can take a part of it,mine is to be a lvl 1000 through grinding and having a few billion in the bank.

And i am not the only one who sees it this point. Rockstar finally feel the rage of all the people who lost their vehicles...

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

God Is Great, Beer Is Good, People Are Crazy

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

Good lord people expect this game to be perfect right away?

Every game has it flaws and R* didn't know all of them until they had players exploit them otherwise they can't fix something unless they know it there.

The game has only been out for 3 months you need to give them time to fix it, Is the game ever going to be 100% perfect?

Of course not but give them some time to fix it at least they can fix it.

Kids today don't know what it was like to play games that couldn't be patched when there were bugs you dealt with it or didn't play the game it was simple as that at least now they can fix it so learn to appreciate what the game generation is like now because before PS3 & Xbox 360 we had to deal with it.

• ZeusMowat_278, Alex Francisco, SIDtheWHISTLE and 4 others like this

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:30 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 20 December 2013 - 09:30 AM.

:r*:  will fix this someday  :panic:  :yawn:

Fixed.

• iainspad likes this

jaxta89
  • jaxta89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

Rockstar have always had glitchy games but this is just embarrassing. Other gaming companies must be having a right laugh at rockstars expense. I just dont understand how a billion dollar company could take so long to fix all these problems, its not like they dont have rhe resources.

Gtao was meant to be a revolutionary experience. This should have been the biggest leap in the genre since gta 3 went 3d. Yet its just one mess up after another

At this point, this may as well be a beta, because by the tome they fix all of its problems the big chunk of the players will have moved on ( most already have)

Their one saving grace is that the pc/next gen versions are yet to release. If they can fix all the glitches by then and balance it a bit more it'd definately be a better experience. Might be too little too late by that point though

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

By the time R* gets this to a playable, fun experience, people would have lost interest already lol.

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

Rockstar have always had glitchy games but this is just embarrassing. Other gaming companies must be having a right laugh at rockstars expense. I just dont understand how a billion dollar company could take so long to fix all these problems, its not like they dont have rhe resources.
Gtao was meant to be a revolutionary experience. This should have been the biggest leap in the genre since gta 3 went 3d. Yet its just one mess up after another
At this point, this may as well be a beta, because by the tome they fix all of its problems the big chunk of the players will have moved on ( most already have)
Their one saving grace is that the pc/next gen versions are yet to release. If they can fix all the glitches by then and balance it a bit more it'd definately be a better experience. Might be too little too late by that point though

I hated on R* too! but I've changed my mind. Rockstars Buggy games is because they're too f*cking big. There are bound to be glitches because goddamn they can't check every inch of the map and every activity they have implemented and every line of code for a error, you pressured, they. Delivered. Also, rockstar has NEVER made a online like this before, it used to be just free roam and maybe a deathmatch or two, now it's filled with theatres, haircuts, clothing stores, mod shops, large amount of vehicles, 16 players on current gen limitations. They have innovated, just haven't executed it properly due to the fact that this is the first time for rockstar.
  • Odesza, SAUL_SILVER, AnotherUserName and 1 other like this

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

By the time R* gets this to a playable, fun experience, people would have lost interest already lol.

You're right... Tons of people will already have their PS4s and Xbox Ones.You'd think with a game coming so late into the life of the old gen consoles that they would have pretty much everything sealed tight. Instead it seems they should have waited for the technology of the new systems to come and released GTA V as a launch title for both consoles. Also Rockstar could at least say they are unfamiliar with how to make the game 99% secure on the new systems, but right now they have no excuse at all.

Tons of people would have bought a new console just to get their hands on a new GTA... and Rockstar would have made as much bank if not more than they have. 

• Thespaz9 likes this

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

You're right... Tons of people will already have their PS4s and Xbox Ones.You'd think with a game coming so late into the life of the old gen consoles that they would have pretty much everything sealed tight. Instead it seems they should have waited for the technology of the new systems to come and released GTA V as a launch title for both consoles. Also Rockstar could at least say they are unfamiliar with how to make the game 99% secure on the new systems, but right now they have no excuse at all.

Tons of people would have bought a new console just to get their hands on a new GTA... and Rockstar would have made as much bank if not more than they have. 

the game would be less hacked too but R* is stubborn and for that they have paid the price of being the medias punching bag for 2 months and 2 weeks.

Mrwhiteglasses
  • Mrwhiteglasses

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:38 AM

1st of all, immerse yourself into the game. Don't look into other people pockets (hackers/glitchers/beggars). Get some skills how to avoid a tank or frustrating them with your position. Had a little cute race in a car, could easily drive away but was so near firing range but always seemed behind a corner. Tank driver was swearing a lot.

Now most important bit, find crew you like to play with. Quality gamers are hard to find but you will find them if you look around.

No need to whine how game is unfair because you don't have billions in your account. Sense of achievement is expensive and valuable thing to have.

Have respect for yourself, no matter what lvl player is you can see his skills through the game or not.

Now slap yourself with a clown shoe, get bottle in your hand and break it on a players head next to you.
  • hark80, Deadly Target, Alex Francisco and 1 other like this

hellohound
  • hellohound

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

What economy lol? you can't buy and sell and money is only used to buy stuff that is generated by the game such as cars, ammunition and upgrades. There is no economy.

• who-dat likes this

ShadowMercure
  • ShadowMercure

Boss of The Black Org

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

What economy lol? you can't buy and sell and money is only used to buy stuff that is generated by the game such as cars, ammunition and upgrades. There is no economy.

There is a economy, once for my crew, I was going to make a deal with another crew, kinda like a drug deal but with a shipment of fully upgraded cars that we had stolen from other players. But when we joined, their boss was gifted 850mil, and he just left telling us he doesn't want to be allies anymore :/

asilcenk
  • asilcenk

Thug

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

I donot understand why you hate rockstar instead of hating from the people who exegerate the glitches and hacks... By the way I never feel disturbed from any hackers or glitchers, that is their choise. When somebody try to kill me with tank, I just runaway instead of trying to kill him, I just accept to die 10 times for kiiling him once...

Rockstar spends a lot of money to make a game and a lot of work to develope it since years. It is normal that games and programs has weak circles and they will develope that too which they already pacthed many glitches.

The only think they deserve to blame is that they try to sell GTA$ with real money from high prices. It should be 1$ for a millionetc.

This high prices were not needed I think. Instead they should make the game money easy to earn and give the palyers more fun instead of searching way to glitches or hacks...
  • iainspad likes this

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

Thank the hackers and thousands of people who wanted everything handed to them from launch.

Generation of instant satisfaction and companies who care more about the bottom line than customer satisfaction.

• adamsowilliams, SimplicityCode, GoodGreen and 4 others like this

qnoobsoy
  • qnoobsoy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

Even story mode and free roam is disappointing compared to previous gta.

And they take too much time to fix and enhance stuff. For now we paid full price for a half finished game. And I'm skeptical about free dlc. If everything yet to come is like beach bum...

BlackDART3824
  • BlackDART3824

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

I hated on R* too! but I've changed my mind. Rockstars Buggy games is because they're too f*cking big. There are bound to be glitches because goddamn they can't check every inch of the map and every activity they have implemented and every line of code for a error, you pressured, they. Delivered. Also, rockstar has NEVER made a online like this before, it used to be just free roam and maybe a deathmatch or two, now it's filled with theatres, haircuts, clothing stores, mod shops, large amount of vehicles, 16 players on current gen limitations. They have innovated, just haven't executed it properly due to the fact that this is the first time for rockstar.
You sir, you are right :)

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:51 AM Edited by Gaffa, 20 December 2013 - 11:56 AM.

Well I'm actually going to be writing quite an extensive review/ letter of complaint to Rockstar.

I don't really have much time for games anymore. But when I'd heard about the new Gta, with all my friends hyping it up, I was very excited. It'd be the first new game I'd bought in a good three years. Didn't read much or watch many videos at all, wanted it to be a surprise to me.

Sadly, even on day one of release, I couldn't help but write down my complaints, even basic flaws.

I prefer to play online, I just find the experience more realistic than that of story mode. But hang on, we're on version 1.08 and yet the story mode Titan glitch when stored in hangars, still hasn't been addressed?

To me the company has lost interest in what their players, sorry customers, want.

People are complaining the game is new, it's the hackers etc who ruin it.
You couldn't be further from the truth. Game developers employ people and give a wage to those who are supposed to test every aspect of the game. Don't say the game is that big, it's impossible. If the company is therefore satisfied with releasing an unfinished product, shame on them. Game testers say their job is tedious because of the level of detail they must go to, to find errors and glitches, breaks of code, and I do not condone the stupidity that has ensued with the release of the online.

I'm only just level 60, already have the tank and cargobob through the website exploit thing, and even though I've driven the Rhino a couple of times, some players must have thought 'very unusual', as simply decimating other players isn't my game. Sometimes it will be, but for that I quite like testing my flying skill in the P996. I've honked the horn in the tank next to they players... They probably just expect me to fire at them like everyone else. I even request such vehicles - eg the Dump, and just give them to other players.

You can only own one property, not an apartment as well as a garage. If you've been gifted money - me it was 97 mil - the sense of achievement starts to go through the window.
AI who obviously aren't professionally trained (eg vagus gang) are ridiculously accurate with automatic weapons. AI in moving vehicles are far too accurate. Ammunition and vehicle upgrades are overpriced, people even over level 700 online.
Traffic glitches means sometimes I can drive head onto a non player vehicle simply because it has spawned and driven a few metres before putting headlights on, switching lanes erratically etc. Has made me lose a few races.

Matchmaking is also appalling, there must be thousands of people playing, and hundreds interested in one particular race or mission and yet still there's a struggle to fill servers.

People leave early or don't vote at the end of games, 1m timer should be 30 secs at most.

Joining a mission can put you in vs, dm, lts etc so their added, obviously untested method of choosing what you want via quick job doesn't work.

If you see these hackers etc and they're causing you grief, don't just publically flame about it on forums, send negative player reviews, even file a complaint of you deem that to be relevant.

I still play, join missions all the time, respectful but still have a 1.91 KDR.
But I'm very frustrated with Rockstar and their frankly pathetic reasons and explanations.

I will be sending a letter demanding some sort of compensation as well as public apology for failing to provide this revolutionary experience, and no I won't give them any more time. In less than 90 days, we've had 8 full patches as well as hotfixes and smaller updates and we're still having issues, or at least I am?

That to me is unacceptable. Perhaps they should spend more time playing, testing etc and release bigger updates that actually do this game real justice.

I'm very interested to hear and read what others have to say and will be including these comments in my letter. Also if you're an Xbox owner, my name is GaffaAce if anyone wants to show me problems or simply add to 'show the others how it's done'.

Sorry, but I do have the ability to write long comments. Wrote 9 pages, just over 8,000 words in complaint to a transport company once and had a meeting with their GM, so hopefully I'll have similar success.
  • tapz63, Anti Warhol, jdkzombie and 2 others like this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:01 PM Edited by Odesza, 20 December 2013 - 12:03 PM.

Just wait it out OP, the game will be worth it in the long run, things will continue getting patched and fixed, probably at a faster rate.  Most of the people complaining about the game in this thread are the people contributing to the problems this game has, mainly because they are impatient and terrible at the game.

Chances are most people that complain about this game haven't even played a successful online game before from the beginning, they tend to usually have a pretty rough start.

• Kazandra and rlr149 like this

AnotherUserName
  • AnotherUserName

Dick

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

Agreed. I would also imagine that it's quite difficult to get things working property when you have a decent sized segment of the community dedicated to deliberately fighting against you every step of the way.

• Odesza likes this

JaysonVoorhees
  • JaysonVoorhees

Psycho-logist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:08 PM Edited by JaysonVoorhees, 20 December 2013 - 12:08 PM.

Problem with GTAO is that it was released in practically an Alpha stage.

To this date it's still in beta, and missing what are supposed to be core features.

Selling cash cards in this state was a horrible move. Just creates resentment in the community.

MajorWhytey
  • MajorWhytey

MODified

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

It seems like with every new patch there are more exploits with it.
1.08 brought a new and completely insane money gaining glitch.
Patches and new content are not being tested properly. It's easy to say it's a new game, new venture etc for rockstar, however it's been several years in the making from conception to release.
Simple security measures have been missed. Hackers are having a field day. The game has so many exploits, that I believe rockstar just can't keep up trying to repair existing faults, exploits, glitches etc.
they release a new patch with new content to appease the player base, which are equally riddled with exploits.
It's all rather comical and amateurish.

It is a great game though. Possibly the best yet. Just riddled with flaws and exploits.

prestonchan
  • prestonchan

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

one reason of they take so long to fix this mess I can think about is...

they already had the whole GTAO developement team fired and have another group of ppl pick up things...

I start at October (early enought to get that 500k, lol), I am still playing online everyday, what I feel now is, we are holding a flawed gem, which can be polish and become perfect...I hope

few weeks before ppl ask should they have a total reset of the game with everything fixed, tuned, refined, new content, heist, blah blah blah....and I said hell no. but now, if someone come out and make sure everything is right, so be it, reset this mess, I will still play it. at least in a fair base, everyone will farm criminal record day by day (boring, but at least that is legal, and fair) we will still see tanks some day, from a player save enought money to buy one...

well, let's hope...

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:20 PM Edited by Odesza, 20 December 2013 - 12:24 PM.

It seems like with every new patch there are more exploits with it.
1.08 brought a new and completely insane money gaining glitch.
Patches and new content are not being tested properly. It's easy to say it's a new game, new venture etc for rockstar, however it's been several years in the making from conception to release.
Simple security measures have been missed. Hackers are having a field day. The game has so many exploits, that I believe rockstar just can't keep up trying to repair existing faults, exploits, glitches etc.
they release a new patch with new content to appease the player base, which are equally riddled with exploits.
It's all rather comical and amateurish.

It is a great game though. Possibly the best yet. Just riddled with flaws and exploits.

Just give them time, things will smooth out eventually, and the hotfixes will start coming sooner, keep in mind there aren't many actual "hackers" on consoles, it's mainly just leechers and script kiddies, not that hard for Rockstar to patch out.

I really look forward to playing this game in a few months time, because I know there will be a lot more going on for it and a lot less problems, even right now the positives of this game heavily outweigh the negatives (for me at least) and I'm pretty happy knowing they have plans for bigger content releases.

The best thing to do is just give this game time.

• adamsowilliams likes this

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:22 PM

Any level players running about in tanks. Usually lower than level 20 due to a glitch.

Players with only a couple hours game time being high level. So everyone using mini guns, RPGs etc.

Been slowly working my rank up, but it annoys me when newbie players are rank 200+

Too many rp glitches. Unlock glitches. And not to mention the economy which is destroyed.

I still love the game, but it's getting beyond the joke how exploited sand ruined this game really is. Comical really!!!

the way i see it, us legit players and glitchers, despite being in the same universe, are playing a totally different game, and im now focusing on achievement for my own personal benefit, rather than it be about showing of to people, its actually quite liberating and im enjoying the game more than ever.

Alpha Male
  • Alpha Male

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:26 PM

the way i see it, us legit players and glitchers, despite being in the same universe, are playing a totally different game, and im now focusing on achievement for my own personal benefit, rather than it be about showing of to people, its actually quite liberating and im enjoying the game more than ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users