Looking For A SUV

37 replies to this topic
G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

Been tossing this idea back and forth for a while. I don't exactly have room in my garage as I've just filled it out and even replaced a few cars to open up some slots for what I have now.

If I were to get an SUV, any recommendations?

I would want something with fairly good acceleration and handling. Something on the "smaller" side size wise. And although I would like a decent amount of customization available, it isn't necessary.

The Dubsta seems like a popular choice but I'm not in love with the box design. The Serrano (spelling?) seems like it might fit the bill but I want some sound off first.

Thanks.

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:41 AM

vapid radius, they spawn fairly commonly

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:46 AM Edited by maschil, 20 December 2013 - 08:46 AM.

the Baller 2 is the fastest i beleive. I chromed it out and put high end rims on it (obey rs), it was also my getaway vehicle in the last heist on single player.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

the Baller 2 is the fastest i beleive. I chromed it out and put high end rims on it, it was also my getaway vehicle in the last heist on single player.

That one is the Range Rover Evoque looking one or the other? Does one have more mods available than the other? I know the Evoque styled one doesn't really have squat. 

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:52 AM Edited by AiraCobra, 20 December 2013 - 10:01 AM.

I like the Obey Rocoto SUV that you can buy from San Andreas Auto website after you mod it 100% with lvl 4 engines, transmission, turbo ect it gets pretty good speed and pick up from stop I like it, I had one but switched it out for a difference car but I like that one the most out of any of em I've won every race where SUV were the cars used in the race

The Baller is pretty good too the one that look like the 2013/2014 Ford Escapes

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:57 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 20 December 2013 - 09:02 AM.

The Serrano is probably a good choice for you but you could also try a rocoto or even a beejay. The rocoto is very quick and a similar size to a Serrano. No body mods unfortunately but I think it looks good stock anyway and very rarely see anyone else driving one. The beejay is not a quick as a rocoto but is an absolute beast off road while still being quite a bit smaller than a dubsta. I got one last night and personally think it's a lot better off road than the dubsta. Good customisation on beejay too.

If you want an urban SUV with a bit of customisation you should go the Serrano but if ya want an off road I'd go a Beejay. Rocoto is probably quicker than a Serrano though if you want a racing SUV and don't care about customisation.

G37
  • G37

G

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

The Serrano is probably a good choice for you but you could also try a rocoto or even a beejay. The rocoto is very quick and a similar size to a Serrano. No body mods unfortunately but I think it looks good stock anyway and very rarely see anyone else driving one. The beejay is not a quick as a rocoto but is an absolute beast off road while still being quite a bit smaller than a dubsta. I got one last night and personally think it's a lot better off road than the dubsta. Good customisation on beejay too.

If you want an urban SUV with a bit of customisation you should go the Serrano but if ya want an off road I'd go a Beejay. Rocoto is probably quicker than a Serrano though if you want a racing SUV and don't care about customisation.

Appreciate all the help guys, especially this. I think the Serrano might fit the bill for me. I quite like Benefactor in this game/Mercedes. Although the Schafter and Schwartzer look great and really resemble their counterparts, they're very heavy like their counterparts at the time.

Guess I'll be on the hunt for a Serrano and will have to replace a vehicle - Carbo your time may be up.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

Rocoto hands down.

Classy, and effective.

Serrano in close second.

• Phyxsius- and Jolly SWAGman like this

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:26 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 20 December 2013 - 09:32 AM.

Appreciate all the help guys, especially this. I think the Serrano might fit the bill for me. I quite like Benefactor in this game/Mercedes. Although the Schafter and Schwartzer look great and really resemble their counterparts, they're very heavy like their counterparts at the time.

Guess I'll be on the hunt for a Serrano and will have to replace a vehicle - Carbo your time may be up.
I was looking for a Serrano or Rocoto for a few days. Ended up finding both up in the Rockford hills and vine wood hills area parked in driveways rather than being driven by NPC's, while I was driving a dubsta. Try doing a solo session (gotta be solo not invite only with no invites) to get more variety in car spawns to increase your chances.

Rocoto hands down.

Classy, and effective.

Serrano in close second.

Don't let the secret out too much.

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

i recently acquired a benefactor serrano because i heard it was one of the top three fastest SUVs. like a previous poster said, they spawn mainly in the rockford hills area. the serrano has a decent amount of mods and is smooth and has a great top speed. my only criticism is that its acceleration is very linear with little torque, so it's not that exciting to drive. and it doesn't sound all that impressive. looks like a hot hatch when fully modded, which i like:

0_0.jpg

i also used to own a bravado gresley (looks like a jeep grand cherokee srt to me), which is not as fast as the serrano but sounds 1000% better with a deep V8 grumble. handles very well for a larger SUV as well. if rockstar ever lets us own more than one garage, i'll be acquiring another one right away:

0_0.jpg

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

Been tossing this idea back and forth for a while. I don't exactly have room in my garage as I've just filled it out and even replaced a few cars to open up some slots for what I have now.

I would want something with fairly good acceleration and handling. Something on the "smaller" side size wise. And although I would like a decent amount of customization available, it isn't necessary.

The Dubsta seems like a popular choice but I'm not in love with the box design. The Serrano (spelling?) seems like it might fit the bill but I want some sound off first.

Thanks.

Obey Rocoto.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

so it's not that exciting to drive.

Exactly why I got rid of mine that I found in Paleto Bay, lol.

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:01 AM

Thanks.

Obey Rocoto.

OP wants to have customisation so Rocoto doesn't really fit the bill
  • Phyxsius- likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

Serrano shouldn't really count though for customization since the options are VERY limited.

What's the SUV with most customization?  The Baller?

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

ENERGY TURTLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:03 AM Edited by gtarelatedusername2, 20 December 2013 - 10:03 AM.

Dubsta, though the BeeJay whatever has quite a few options too.

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:03 AM

the Baller 2 is the fastest i beleive. I chromed it out and put high end rims on it, it was also my getaway vehicle in the last heist on single player.

That one is the Range Rover Evoque looking one or the other? Does one have more mods available than the other? I know the Evoque styled one doesn't really have squat. 

nope it doesnt have much  of anything as far as mods, most moddable suv is the debusta but i dont like the way it looks either

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:04 AM

I don't think the Beejay has too many options.  I remember taking one the other day and ditching it after taking it into LSC.

I'm not a big fan of the Dubsta.  The Dubsta V2 looks A LOT better.

Sir Ninja
  • Sir Ninja

Proud DDET Member & Drift Knockout Host

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

I don't think the Beejay has too many options.  I remember taking one the other day and ditching it after taking it into LSC.

I agree on that, it looks hell sexy and stealth.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:06 AM

Since you dont like the sexy beast that is the Dubsta...

The Baller Sport (Has a chrome line along the side and a rounder body) is technically one of the best contenders when it comes to both racing and off-roading. However, you should be noted that it has no customization outside of the standard.

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:10 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 20 December 2013 - 10:11 AM.

Serrano shouldn't really count though for customization since the options are VERY limited.

You're right there but for SUV's I call a lot of customisation as having a fair few custom categories, even if you only have one a option in each those categories. Their not like the muscle or off road class where most cars have a few options.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:11 AM

You're right there but I in SUV's I call a lot if customisation as having a fair few custom categories even if you only have one a option in each those categories. Their not like the muscle or off road class where most cars have a few options.

Bravado Gauntlet  :cry:

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

Vapid Radius gets my vote. That is until you can find a Serrano :)

I really want one for my main avatar, my second avatar has one but not the rank to mod it up! ggrrrr

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:18 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 20 December 2013 - 10:19 AM.

You're right there but I in SUV's I call a lot if customisation as having a fair few custom categories even if you only have one a option in each those categories. Their not like the muscle or off road class where most cars have a few options.

Bravado Gauntlet  :cry:
Same as Rocoto. They must be trolling us, best cars to drive have the least options :-)

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

dayam, ain't no love for the dubsta on this thread. not only does it have the most mods, it is hands down the best looking SUV in my book.

0_0.jpg

• LordMarvel, AscendantWyvern and gtarelatedusername2 like this

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

ENERGY TURTLE

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:33 AM

Yeah, I was thinking of some other SUV that I can't remember the name of, since I usually just blow them up on sight.

And the Dubsta is amazing. *blows raspberry*

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

dayam, ain't no love for the dubsta on this thread. not only does it have the most mods, it is hands down the best looking SUV in my book.

Das one sexy beast compadre.

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:41 AM

Das one sexy beast compadre.

haha i just realized it looks almost identical to the one in your userpic. good taste!  :^:

GTAVFan2014
  • GTAVFan2014

Content Creator

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:45 AM

Vapid Radius....

• dannybohy likes this

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:08 PM Edited by Phyxsius-, 20 December 2013 - 12:09 PM.

Obey Rocoto.

OP wants to have customisation so Rocoto doesn't really fit the bill

I take that back then. Sorry to have wasted everybody`s time. Please disregard suggestion.

LordMarvel
  • LordMarvel

The Archer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:15 PM Edited by LordMarvel, 20 December 2013 - 12:32 PM.

I've had both the Baller, but I switched it up for the Dubsta and it was a great choice on my part. - So, I'll say, get the Dubsta. It might not be the prettiest vehicle, it's a little boxy, but good golly, it is mighty awesome and epic off road.

And then if you deck it out in matte black, it looks badass 0_0.jpg

And I apologize for Chris Daughtry standing in front of the vehicle. It's the only pic I have of it out in the open so far. x]

0_0.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users