» «
Photo

houses coming gtao?

34 replies to this topic
RoLens
  • RoLens

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:01 PM Edited by RoLens, 19 December 2013 - 11:16 PM.

Was messing around on the in game internet and found a website that says "Lenny Avery Realty". Clicked it and it has 2 pics of different house and a pic of the downtown area and it says down for maintenance and is currently unavailable. Rockstar said we should be getting the stock market soon and it says around the same thing on that website. Does this mean mansions and houses might be coming our way?!

beastjeffrey
  • beastjeffrey

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

Correction *internets

gregsobow
  • gregsobow

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

they said we are getting stocks?saauuse?

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

I highly doubt we will ever see BAWSAQ become available for GTA:O due to a broken system, bazillions of hacked currency, among other reasons.

Houses & mansions are greatly needed though. Getting tired of sharing the same residence as thousands of others.
  • poklane, Zanje and mrkush90 like this

beastjeffrey
  • beastjeffrey

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

This is how I think its going to work. When they release this on next gen more houses and apartments, interiors, map, 64 players lobbys.
  • .Polar_Bear. and CCarvalho224 like this

RoLens
  • RoLens

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

You maybe right about the stock market, the moneys all screwed up on here at the moment. But another thing ive been noticing is all the forsale/foreclosure signs on a lot of the houses and mansions all over the state. Do you think that means anything?

CaliMeatWagon
  • CaliMeatWagon

Cause of head scratching.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

You maybe right about the stock market, the moneys all screwed up on here at the moment. But another thing ive been noticing is all the forsale/foreclosure signs on a lot of the houses and mansions all over the state. Do you think that means anything?

Could be just a reference to the housing and market crash that happened not to long ago here in the US.

• gtarelatedusername2 likes this

RoLens
  • RoLens

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

Could be...

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:38 PM Edited by smokingndriving, 20 December 2013 - 12:09 AM.

The stock market is probably not going to happen because the money system (economy or whatever you want to call it) is completely broken and the way that it is being handled does not inspire confidence that it will be fixed.

I think houses would be tremendous - house near the water with boat parked nearby. New apartments. Many of the apartments are too close together.

That said, the way things have gone, I'm starting to lean towards the signs being more about what happened a few years ago than hinting at anything.

I do think the game needs one new apartment, somewhere not right near Weazel/Del Perro/Eclipse/Tinsel/Richards Majestic

RoLens
  • RoLens

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:04 AM

True. Im remaining hopeful though.
  • camhr likes this

Dtgodmage
  • Dtgodmage

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

game wont ever see next gen.

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost LS Chapter

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:12 AM Edited by AdmiralAmmunation, 20 December 2013 - 12:13 AM.

The thing with houses is, if you own one and you want to be the only one, that will severely limit who you can play with.

if you want to be the only one in it, then you will have to play with people who don't own it. If their is a popular house, you will not be able to play with a LOT of other people for just 1 stupid little feature.

Imagine if this was the way with Apartments. Most everyone owns one of a few apartments, so owning one of these and having only 1 person a lobby own it will limit your playability for this ONE LITTLE THING.

SO  either deal with that or be able to share different instances of houses. This is why owning houses makes it hard, and Apartments are much easier to do.

EDIT: The reality site is also used in the story mode in a Strangers and Freaks mission, They probably put this so that players wouldn't get confused why they couldn't buy houses off of it.

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:45 AM

I personally don't care about multiple people owning the same house.  Also, don't forget just how many houses and trailers there are in ALL of San Andreas.

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:47 AM

*facepalm*

ITT: people who don't know what "instances" are. 

• Jyra likes this

Ballistic Jello
  • Ballistic Jello

Retired BF3 tanker

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:55 AM

I strongly believe this was their intent or else the website would just be a dummy website fleshed out with the usual jokes, like all the other sites except for dynasty8 and the various transportation websites.

However, at this point, I believe houses may still come but it might be a long time instead of by spring like I was initially thinking. They have their hands full dealing with all those who just can't stand to play the game as intended.
  • .Polar_Bear. likes this

homeskillet
  • homeskillet

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:27 AM

I doubt they will release houses as the apt. has a 10 car garage and houses don't making them pointless.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:28 AM

Inb4 billionaires monopoly houses using bawsaq

xskinzcity
  • xskinzcity

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:50 AM

it would make no sense if 16 players owned the same house in the same server. then what youre gonna have 15 people rolling up on your "personal" drive way thinking theyre gonna kill u but theyre actually going into "their" own house. so that means u have room mates.. lol

Luk38644
  • Luk38644

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

It's a website you use for a Trevor side mission where you need to punch down 13-15 signs.

Houses maybe coming, but that website doesn't hold any clues just yet.

• Sugar Free Nos likes this

moostered
  • moostered

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:26 PM

Houses and mansions should be added in probably through dlc.But the day a stock market is opened is the day I get blown to shreds, standing in the middle of a 15 person tank war.And you could have houses/mansions in online the whole thing would just have to separate from the outside world so more than one person can own it.And anyone who says that's not possible in the real world and doesn't make sense it's a GAME.If I'm shot in the face with an RPG in real life I don't come back 5 seconds later minus $500 in my bank account.
  • Soulchild likes this

bda28
  • bda28

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:34 PM Edited by bda28, 20 December 2013 - 11:35 PM.

Houses & mansions are greatly needed though. Getting tired of sharing the same residence as thousands of others.

Even if they added them, though, the "shared residence" concept would pretty much have to be the same. They can only put in so many houses on the map relative to the amount of people that play the game. There would have to be some overlapping of players that bought the same place (even on different servers).

I doubt they will release houses as the apt. has a 10 car garage and houses don't making them pointless.

You're probably more likely to find a real life house (or mansion, more like) with a 10 car garage than you are to find a single apartment (not an entire complex, unless you want to assume that your personal apartment is the only one in that building) that gives you a personal 10 car garage.

Kazandra
  • Kazandra

serial killer

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:36 PM

A residence in Sandy Shores would definitely be nice.

Hardcore Savage
  • Hardcore Savage

Realest nigga on the forum tho

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

As long as I can have a house in Davis or Rancho.

am30
  • am30

XBL - TheHiddenJackal

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:11 AM Edited by am30, 21 December 2013 - 12:11 AM.

Oh goody!  Another thing only affordable for hackers!

Reedseed12345
  • Reedseed12345

resovior mugs

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

I made a topic about this a while ago and the guy said that site was for a side mission with Trevor on story mode

I checked and it works on story mode

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

hello!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

Idc about houses, having to share it with hundreds of others with the probability of another owner being in my session

nope

Mr. Piff 724
  • Mr. Piff 724

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:48 AM

Could be just a reference to the housing and market crash that happened not to long ago here in the US.

Or foreshadowing the next one...

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:18 AM

As mentioned above, the houses are in single player, so there's no reason why they wouldn't be in multiplayer.  You can't buy them in either mode.

As for the talk about only one person owning a property in the session at one time..... er wtf??  I don't see why someone would even think to mention that unless they don't know how the apartments work.  If they did introduce extra properties, like the suggested houses, then why would it be any different?  You'd have a garage door and a property door.  You could have 16 people in the same session, all inside the same property, but it would be their own version of that same property.  That's how properties work in GTAO.

Unless it was explained terribly and I missed something.

G_Masta_Phunk
  • G_Masta_Phunk

Blunt Smoking Philosopher

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

Apartments work because everyone uses the same door to get into their apartment building... so even of you have the same apartment as someone else it is sort of understood you are somewhere else in the building then them so when you both leave at the same time its like you were just walking out of the lobby of your apartment complex together..... 

Houses tho... your yard lol couldn't really instance the yard.... guess you could but that would be kinda silly.... you'd have to share it otherwise tho.... as well as your driveway and porch.... any balconies the place has....

anyways... think the only way it would work is more apartments.... which I am cool with...

I am happy with my apartment now and something would really have to be BA to sell me... more than houses and mansions I want the ability to own an additional garage and use it as a 2ndary safe house and start point... This way I can have sort of a 'home away from home' when up in Paleto bay. 

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:35 AM

Houses cannot and will not work in MP, the matchmaker would be overloaded trying to separate multiple players with the same residence. Pipe dream fellas, just let it go. Best you could ever hope for is for them to allow you to own a garage and an apartment, and even that is probably unlikely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users