Quantcast

» «
Photo

WHY is there more people playing GTA Online than GTA V..?

145 replies to this topic
sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

Screw GTA Online and everyone that spends their hard earned money on Rockstar's greedy ass attempt to run us dry. That's why they keep focusing on online so more people can spend their money on them. Soon their going to be adding guns that's going to cost over a million dollars and you know the only way to get? By buying their cash cards.

Aw.

Did Rockstar touch you where you pee?

• Mightymomo22 likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 04 February 2014 - 08:26 PM.

Rockstar's greedy ass attempt to run us dry.

That's why they keep focusing on online

Soon their going to be adding guns that's going to cost over a million dollars and you know the only way to get? By buying their cash cards.

1) Mhmm, that free DLC really drained my pocket! Those greedy bastards just want my money by providing free content and $500,000 in-game money for being patient with them!

2) Oh yeah, that SP DLC is really gonna amp up the Online mode!

3) Lol this part's just stupid.

1) You're talking as if their going to keep providing us over at least 100 dlc in the next five years. They're like that 500k is a freebie, but the rest your going to have earn in game or cash cards. Bad Rockstar Bad.  :miranda:

2) Yeah have you read the SP DLC thread? Assassination missions and other stuff. Oh joy :panic:

3) If you haven't noticed how much all the upgrades cost to fully upgrade a car, that's over a million.

1) Of course it isn't, but if they're "greedy", they wouldn't give us free DLC at all, let alone 3 of them. (The 3 DLC are: Beach Bum, Content Creator, and Heists. Heists will be free for the same reason Content Creator is free.)

2) Like I said in that thread, making final judgements based off a little bit of code is stupid. We don't know what's gonna be in the DLC. We literally have no official info about it.

3) Fully upgrading a car is different than buying a gun.

1)  Content Creator and Heist were promise before the game is out. Really sad they still haven't released it yet. Haven't play online since November cause I'm a 108 level with nothing to do. 

Beach Bum DLC might be free just to make Rockstar look better. Activision gave out Nuketown 2025 and Free camo to everyone. Does that not make them greedy? Doesn't matter how they try to cover it up both Rockstar and Activision are very money hungry. They both have microtransactions and cut content DLC. Both focus more online then Single Player.

Call of Duty has a excuses since most of its fan base is from online.

Grand Theft Auto doesn't. It started as a Single Player Franchise and has always been Single Player first. It got popular off its Single Player unlike COD which got its name known for its MP.

2) I agree we have no clue what it is. ( Most likely cut content. Proof will be if you can buy property )

3) No where close to a million. I did that with 3 cars. Over a couple hundred thousand but not a million.  

1) They were promised before they were out, but that doesn't change the fact that they could still charge for it. I'll give it to you though.

We still have the free $500,000 and Beach Bum, and any more that may or may not come.

2) You're overblowing the 'cut content' speculation. If the SP DLC introduces buyable houses (Which I doubt it will), then that should be a good thing! The 'substantial' story additions that are coming are the main focus of the DLC. Content that was cut that gets included in there is good for everybody. Instead of it being gone, never to return, it returns with other great (We'll see about that word) additions.

You gotta remember, just because content was cut (There was A LOT of content that was cut in GTA 5, according to R*, and understandably so with the current-gen consoles) doesn't mean it's for malicious purposes. It's a basic thing in game development.

3) Yup. Don't know where that guy was coming from there.

Rockstar's greedy ass attempt to run us dry.

That's why they keep focusing on online

Soon their going to be adding guns that's going to cost over a million dollars and you know the only way to get? By buying their cash cards.

1) Mhmm, that free DLC really drained my pocket! Those greedy bastards just want my money by providing free content and $500,000 in-game money for being patient with them!

2) Oh yeah, that SP DLC is really gonna amp up the Online mode!

3) Lol this part's just stupid.

1) You're talking as if their going to keep providing us over at least 100 dlc in the next five years. They're like that 500k is a freebie, but the rest your going to have earn in game or cash cards. Bad Rockstar Bad.  :miranda:

2) Yeah have you read the SP DLC thread? Assassination missions and other stuff. Oh joy :panic:

3) If you haven't noticed how much all the upgrades cost to fully upgrade a car, that's over a million.

1) Of course it isn't, but if they're "greedy", they wouldn't give us free DLC at all, let alone 3 of them. (The 3 DLC are: Beach Bum, Content Creator, and Heists. Heists will be free for the same reason Content Creator is free.)

2) Like I said in that thread, making final judgements based off a little bit of code is stupid. We don't know what's gonna be in the DLC. We literally have no official info about it.

3) Fully upgrading a car is different than buying a gun.

Lol trust me they're greedy if they weren't greedy why didn't they leave at least a million dollars for the weeks of hell that a lot of people had to go through trying to playing the f*cking ruined online. First people were whining about all the money they had and then they started whining about the little money Rockstar left them. Also lets hope heists can let you at least make over 50k or online is ruined. Beach only added clothes and some game modes not that fun for the people who free roam all the time. Content creator is probably the only good thing they did since they came out...   When people wanted to find the next dlc for skyrim they looked through code and found out two major dlcs (Dawnguard, Dragonborn). So it can be possible that the SP dlc can be that. Yeah fully upgrading a car is different, but your spending a million dollars either way.

"if they weren't greedy why didn't they leave at least a million dollars for the weeks of hell that a lot of people had to go through trying to playing the f*cking ruined online."

So, they're greedy for giving people $500k instead of $1 mil? Come on, do you know how stupid that sounds? They could've given you nothing instead.

You can buy the most expensive apartment with the money they gave you, and then some.

"Also lets hope heists can let you at least make over 50k or online is ruined."

Absolutely. If heists don't give a lot of money (I assume R* will be able to figure out that instead of nerfing payouts, they could just make it so you can only do a heist every X hours. You know, time constraints instead of money constraints.), then it's just useless.

I don't expect them to give out SP like money, but it also shouldn't be regular mission type money.

" Beach only added clothes and some game modes not that fun for the people who free roam all the time."

It added clothes, vehicles, and weapons; all of which are good for free roamers.

"Content creator is probably the only good thing they did since they came out... "

I would also add 'Fighting hackers' and 'getting rid of all non-legit money' to that list.

"When people wanted to find the next dlc for skyrim they looked through code and found out two major dlcs (Dawnguard, Dragonborn)."

Did they find out literally everything about the DLC in the code? I doubt it.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

Mutants, mutants everywhere!

• Members
  • Russia
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

I play SP more than I play online, mostly due to the animals and the S.A.H.P uniform. :lol:

I will play online when the heists are out, though. :^:

• LilMcJohn likes this

LilMcJohn
  • LilMcJohn

Leaf's Yellow Flash

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:27 PM Edited by LilMcJohn, 05 February 2014 - 08:29 PM.

When I said it cost over a million dollars I meant the car and the upgrades. I bought an entity which is like 700k and then the upgrades set me over million. So theres your million. Lol 500k is still useless everyone already has the best house in the game so whats the point and I still stand with that million is better because they threw random innocent players into the cheaters pool when they did nothing wrong.

DaJeroen
  • DaJeroen

I like .gif's. Don't judge me.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

@Original Post Why don't you let people decide what they want to play :blink: ?

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

a.k.a: BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

According to Take2 70% of 33ml GTA 5 players are on GTAO.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

When I said it cost over a million dollars I meant the car and the upgrades. I bought an entity which is like 700k and then the upgrades set me over million. So theres your million. Lol 500k is still useless everyone already has the best house in the game so whats the point and I still stand with that million is better because they threw random innocent players into the cheaters pool when they did nothing wrong.

Still, you're complaining about something free. It's like someone going to you and giving you $20, and you complaining he didn't give you $40. It's f*cking stupid. How about you get nothing instead? Stop being so entitled.

They didn't 'throw random players into the cheaters pool', they took away all the hacked money. Innocent people also had that hacked money. R* knew they were innocent, and they won't get banned, but they still had the hacked money taken away.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

I beat gta 5 one and a half times over.  And I play online more.

coldlm
  • coldlm

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

I get what you are on about bro,

Well after 9 updates already!!! there nothing added to the actual game which is the best thing so far.... infect every single update messes up the offline game more and more....

so the question here is? is there going to be any solid stuff added to the game or not because they are only worried about fixing money glitches so far!

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Modern Day Peaky Blinder

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:37 AM

being a new gamer, i didnt want to go online from the off, i wanted to play most of the storyline first to get used to it and have a better understanding of the game before i drowned in the deep end

ive got pretty confident with the game now and just under 80% in, i cant actually be bothered to finish it, all ive got left is the strangers and freaks missions which are sh!t and the spaceship/toxic waste/scrap letter hunts to do

i do play more online now, its just better interacting with other people, when i want some quiet gameplay, then story mode is fine

• Th3MaN1 likes this

coldlm
  • coldlm

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:39 AM

I get what you are on about bro,

Well after 9 updates already!!! there nothing added to the actual game which is the best thing so far.... infect every single update messes up the offline game more and more....

so the question here is? is there going to be any solid stuff added to the game or not because they are only worried about fixing money glitches so far!

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:40 AM

Is it a sin to like GTA: Online? It may be broken, but people can have fun with it.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

I just think GTAO was too ambitious IMO. GTA IV's multiplayer was basic, but it worked and didn't try to complicate itself.

What annoys me about GTAO is it has things that would make more sense in single player. Why do we only get 4 car garages and GTAO gets 10?

Maybe things will get better as time goes on, but I'd rather play single player anyday.
  • tom_p1980 and Gta_V_Fan_101 like this

DuPz0r
  • DuPz0r

The One & Only

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:15 AM Edited by DuPz0r, 07 February 2014 - 10:16 AM.

None of my friends play GTAV or GTAO anymore. They all have xbones or PS4's, and somehow find them better than GTA. (I have a PS4 and still play GTAV/O more than any PS4 game). I have to come to places like this to find people that appreciate the game as much as i do these days.

Kind of saddens me, because GTA V/O still has so much potential, and i know you can all see this. But the average gamer can't see that. And there's only a matter of time before R* will say: well, this isn't making us enough money, lets move on to our next project. I just hope they stay dedicated to GTAV with a few story DLC's, and Online all the way until their next GTA release.

It's partly R*'s fault for rushing GTAO out which wasn't ready, and then slowly adding updates with should have been in the original build. GTAO is still pretty much Beta imo.

• tom_p1980 likes this

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

Modern Day Peaky Blinder

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:13 PM

rockstar have made more than enough money from this game, however ive learnt very quickly i do believe that this game would be even better if it was under the managament of another game maker, rockstar are quickly becoming out of their depth, as mentioned by someone yestderday, game consol makers are advancing very quickly, but game makers arent keeping up

take konami for example, they made a brilliant pro evo 12, but gone completely backwards with pro evo 14, i cant comment on 13 as ive not played it

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:19 PM

I just think GTAO was too ambitious IMO. GTA IV's multiplayer was basic, but it worked and didn't try to complicate itself.

What annoys me about GTAO is it has things that would make more sense in single player. Why do we only get 4 car garages and GTAO gets 10?

Maybe things will get better as time goes on, but I'd rather play single player anyday.

I honestly don't think that it would get any better. 

You see, more stuff would be added and this causes it to become even more complicated.

And yeah, I agree with you. Why couldn't they have made it like IV's multiplayer? It would've been much better. 

• tom_p1980 likes this

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

None of my friends play GTAV or GTAO anymore. They all have xbones or PS4's, and somehow find them better than GTA. (I have a PS4 and still play GTAV/O more than any PS4 game). I have to come to places like this to find people that appreciate the game as much as i do these days.

Kind of saddens me, because GTA V/O still has so much potential, and i know you can all see this. But the average gamer can't see that. And there's only a matter of time before R* will say: well, this isn't making us enough money, lets move on to our next project. I just hope they stay dedicated to GTAV with a few story DLC's, and Online all the way until their next GTA release.

It's partly R*'s fault for rushing GTAO out which wasn't ready, and then slowly adding updates with should have been in the original build. GTAO is still pretty much Beta imo.

I agree.

99% of my friends and colleagues have either gone next-gen or play other games now. I play GTAO from time to time but not much maybe once a week or so if that, I think I have lost interest in this game far quicker than any previous GTA game, which is a shame. 

GTA5 came and went in a blink of an eye with hardly any long lasting qualities or with anything to remember it for.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

I honestly don't think that it would get any better. 

You see, more stuff would be added and this causes it to become even more complicated.

And yeah, I agree with you. Why couldn't they have made it like IV's multiplayer? It would've been much better.

I'm interested if they do put in new cities eventually though.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:06 PM

I agree bro

blowtorchrepair
  • blowtorchrepair

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

I play GTAO 95% of the time.  Things I like in GTAO that are different than GTA V:  

-my character doesn't talk or comment.  

-vehicles take more damage, like the did in GTA IV and should in a video game, whereas in V one crash can lock the front wheels and render your vehicle useless.  I wonder if this was done intentionally to sway people to GTAO.

-the apartment with 10-car garage is nice, rather than having to go somewhere to get to the extra garage.

-and I really enjoy survivals, races of all types, and the content creator.

I do at times miss the simplicity of GTA IV's free mode and the ability to throw bombs out of a helicopter.  I've written R* asking for a modification of variables for DMs in the content creator that would basically allow a GTA IV freemode-type of game to be created as a long DM over the entire map with weapons littered all over the place.  of course, no response from them.

Evictious
  • Evictious

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

I also hate stupid 9 year olds who knows 2 sh*ts about GTA. Remember, we are talking about GRAND THEFT AUTO, not just some sort of a Mutliplayer mode. We are talking about a Franchise that is one of the biggest, if not the biggest. 

I don't follow what the previous games have to do with GTAV or GTAO.  Yes R* added in some "Easter Eggs" for returning players, but the events of GTAV and GTAO have nothing to do with any of the previous games.  I remember playing GTA games before GTAV, but that doesn't change my experience.  Mainly because it is not directly linked (referring to story line) to the previous games.  Each GTA game is a stand alone (not including the DLC) game.

The only point I agree with you on is the 9yr olds playing this game, but that falls to the parenting skills (or lack of same).

Evictious
  • Evictious

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

There are many things I would like to see from GTAO brought into the single player game.  The car garage deal is a big one.  Custom character creation and story line.  To name a few.  I don't expect R* to deliver anything for SP side till they drop a DLC. Even then I suspect the DLC will have more to do with GTAO than GTAV.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

I think they should've kept what they're doing now (But maybe scaled back a bit), and have multiplayer like IV's as a gamemode.

Also, not putting in things like Cops N' Crooks and Witness Protection was amazingly stupid.

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

Online is so messed up. I don't even play Online. It's Boring. I'd rather play as 3 Goons then a Mute character.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:49 PM

I do respect Online in a way, it is where Rockstar is milking all their money from the cash cards to the ridiculously inflated prices for EVERYTHING compared to their prices in SP. I am happy that Online exists for Rockstar to milk it with micro transactions.

And do you know why?

Because it leaves SP totally BS free! Because they are milking the hell out of Online that they keep their integrity with SP, in SP there are no micro transactions, everything is cheaper and it actually feels complete. In a way, Online is protecting SP from micro transactions and other BS business practices. I know that sounds like complete bullsh*t but thats just how I see it.

Another reason I like the fact that Online is monetized to hell is I feel like I am trolling the "Online iz da fyoochur" crowd each time I buy expensive stuff in SP while they have to either grind or cheat their way just to do the same in Online.

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:23 PM

You do realise that you can store more cars on the story mode than you can online...so your complaint about garages is null and void. As a matter of fact you can store 19 cars in story, each character has a 4 car garage, M and F can store 2 cars at their safehouse, and T can store 3 because he has 2 safehouses = 19 cars. Not to Mention you have Trevors truck/atv at his safehouse, M's car/wifes car/daughters car/ at his safehouse, F's car/motorcycle at his safehouse which would bring the grand total to 26

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users