Quantcast

» «
Photo

WHY is there more people playing GTA Online than GTA V..?

145 replies to this topic
Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:12 PM

I finally played GTA Online yesterday. It was okay, but I prefer single player.

I've never been that into multi player, regardless of which game it is.

• kvic and Daenerys like this

GottliebPins
  • GottliebPins

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

After you complete the game and all the side missions there's not much left to do except wander around looking at stuff and causing mayhem with bots. Not that interesting. But going online means you have to play snipe battles with 12 year olds who camp outside your apartment or outside of missions to spawn kill you and shoot out your tires and take your money. How dreadfully annoying. So I play invite only sessions and don't invite anyone. That way I can continue to play new missions and occasionally play co-ops like survival. If Rockstar made new game missions I'd never go online. The online game to many is just a giant death match world. That's not what I bought it for.

• pilscy likes this

DaltonVirago
  • DaltonVirago

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Probably because a lot of people were expecting the same fun in GTAO as they had in GTAIV's MP (which was f*cking awesome). I haven't played GTAO yet, but from what I hear, it doesn't even come close to GTAIV's MP. Oh well, (based on internet feedback and personal experience) both suck compared to Max Payne 3's MP. Why oh why couldn't the gamer pool have been bigger on that?

Drunken Cowboy
  • Drunken Cowboy

Proud Asshole

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Topic [GTA] 2013

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:26 PM

Seriously? You can't figure out why?

This was Call Theft Duty V. A cheap, rushed, short single-player, with a stronger focus on multiplayer to milk for cash cards.

What is there to do in the campaign when the SHORT main story is done?

And even if I prefer the multiplayer over the drab singleplayer, why do you facepalm my personal preference?

• Woll Smoth and pilscy like this

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homeboy

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Eventually all the casuals will move on to another game and the ammount of activity will decrease from MP, so its only a matter of time for that to happen.
  • Detective Phelps likes this

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:43 PM Edited by Woll Smoth, 03 February 2014 - 07:44 PM.

The Call of Dooty kids that complained about the IV online is to blame for this.   :/

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

The Call of Dooty kids that complained about the IV online is to blame for this.   :/

I hate when people classify other gamers. It's pathetic.

It's as pointless and retarded as console wars.

• Invader_swift likes this

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Does it affect how you play the game?  No.  Should you care about what the majority of people do?  No.

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

@woll smoth,  your signature is super f*cking disturbing...

• Geralt of Rivia, Woll Smoth and DaltonVirago like this

DaltonVirago
  • DaltonVirago

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

I agree to a certain extent, but c'mon, you have to agree there IS a certain type of gamer out there that eats, sleeps, and breathes FPS, especially COD, and that that group is probably larger than any other group of gamers out there.

• Drunken Cowboy likes this

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

I agree to a certain extent, but c'mon, you have to agree there IS a certain type of gamer out there that eats, sleeps, and breathes FPS, especially COD, and that that group is probably larger than any other group of gamers out there.

There's always certain people. There's people that play Starcraft religiously. There's people that play any game religiously.

However, classifying every person that plays a game is bullsh*t and stupid.

Biggest example is "Call of Duty" players.

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

Screw GTA Online and everyone that spends their hard earned money on Rockstar's greedy ass attempt to run us dry. That's why they keep focusing on online so more people can spend their money on them. Soon their going to be adding guns that's going to cost over a million dollars and you know the only way to get? By buying their cash cards.

IGnoTon
  • IGnoTon

Your free trial of life has expired

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

GTA III era came to the IOS/Android platform and you think GTA V won't make it to the PC? Allow me to laugh my ass off.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

Eamonn3
  • Eamonn3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

Why bother with the story mode after you beat it? In America being one of those fag's that your crying about ,is actually supposedly the new Cool thing going around. So your not supposed to bad mouth them and your also not allowed to kill gay chickens. Just ask Chik-Fila. They had all kinds of people protesting over killing gay chickens. Which that would be a fun addition to the game. People having protest's in front of the fast food joints in game for us to do some rampage on them, like Trevor get's to do.

Maybe a rampage on gay cops in game.Trevor was able to do that on the Gay Beret's at the Marine base.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:43 PM

Rockstar's greedy ass attempt to run us dry.

That's why they keep focusing on online

Soon their going to be adding guns that's going to cost over a million dollars and you know the only way to get? By buying their cash cards.

1) Mhmm, that free DLC really drained my pocket! Those greedy bastards just want my money by providing free content and $500,000 in-game money for being patient with them!

2) Oh yeah, that SP DLC is really gonna amp up the Online mode!

3) Lol this part's just stupid.

• I<3GTAV likes this

DaltonVirago
  • DaltonVirago

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

Maybe a rampage on gay cops in game.Trevor was able to do that on the Gay Beret's at the Marine base.

If you're making fun of the US Military, f*ck you. And believe me, Army Special Forces (colloquially known as "green berets"), could kill you with their bare hands in 50 different ways. Go ahead, call one of them "gay" to their face. And then enjoy eating through a tube for 3 months.

waikzguy8998
  • waikzguy8998

Desert Rat

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

This brings a huge facepalm to my face.... GTAV, wich is pretty much the main thing about the entire game is being ignored and GTA Online is what everyone is playing and talking about now... New fans have been introduced because of this, wich is a bunch of 9 year old fa**ots who knows 2 sh*ts about other GTA games in the past.... This f*cking sucks. All my PSN friends are just playing gta Clusterf*ckline.... Is there even anyone on Planet earth who even plays GTA V Story Mode anymore..? Anyone??????

Single Player all day every day man.  I tried the online for a little while and it just got repetitive as s***.  Just replaying the same missions because they earn the most money so that you can buy what,,,a new horn for your car?  Once you got the best apartment that's pretty much all the excitement gone out the window.

I noticed too that Online doesn't have the cool random events, ped encounters, etc. that SP does.  I realized after a while that i missed that kind of stuff, like "helping" stranded motorists, finding spaceship parts, looking for easter eggs, etc.

Would be cool if you could invite 1 or 2 other people into your own gta SP world (something apart from the online universe that lacks the basic GTA components)

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

I found the voice acting from Mike, Frank and Trev slightly annoying. Mike's the average young adult's nightmare, Trev's a hard person to play sanely with and Frank's just not as hard as a gangster *but* also not as charismatic as CJ or Morgan Freeman (???). Story wise, it makes sense but after the main story is done, free roaming with them feels a tad bit annoying to me.

To me, the 3 main characters lack that cool and calm (but hardcore) GTA charisma. However, they would make excellent side characters though like Truth from SA and Kent Rosenburg from VC. :^:

Capitalist Communist
  • Capitalist Communist

XXX

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:59 PM

They play online because they're in a pursuit of happiness, they clearly have no intention of paying money for a game and being told to use your imagination in order to have fun playing it.

DaltonVirago
  • DaltonVirago

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

I found the voice acting from Mike, Frank and Trev slightly annoying. Mike's the average young adult's nightmare, Trev's a hard person to play sanely with and Frank's just not as hard as a gangster *but* also not as charismatic as CJ or Morgan Freeman (???). Story wise, it makes sense but after the main story is done, free roaming with them feels a tad bit annoying to me.

To me, the 3 main characters lack that cool and calm (but hardcore) GTA charisma. However, they would make excellent side characters though like Truth from SA and Kent Rosenburg from VC. :^:

....did you post in the wrong thread or something?

Daenerys
  • Daenerys

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

This was Call Theft Duty V. A cheap, rushed, short single-player, with a stronger focus on multiplayer to milk for cash cards.

And even if I prefer the multiplayer over the drab singleplayer, why do you facepalm my personal preference?

You mentioned it yourself. It's short. If less focus had been paid to the online, there could have been major improvements to the single player. Most updates to the online seem to result in a glitch in the single player, where improvements are rarely made. I think people are entitled to enjoy online though, even though it's never been something I've enjoyed. And it's amazing that you think there's nothing to do once story mode is completed. What about trying to do 100% without a guide? Trying to solve the mural on Mount Chilliad?

• BoomBoomMAN likes this

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:35 PM Edited by LilMcJohn, 03 February 2014 - 09:42 PM.

Soon their going to be adding guns that's going to cost over a million dollars and you know the only way to get? By buying their cash cards.

1) Mhmm, that free DLC really drained my pocket! Those greedy bastards just want my money by providing free content and $500,000 in-game money for being patient with them!

1) You're talking as if their going to keep providing us over at least 100 dlc in the next five years. They're like that 500k is a freebie, but the rest your going to have earn in game or cash cards. Bad Rockstar Bad.  :miranda:

2) Yeah have you read the SP DLC thread? Assassination missions and other stuff. Oh joy :panic:

3) If you haven't noticed how much all the upgrades cost to fully upgrade a car, that's over a million.

Geralt of Rivia
  • Geralt of Rivia

Gwent Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

1) You're talking as if their going to keep providing us over at least 100 dlc in the next five years. They're like that 500k is a freebie, but the rest your going to have earn in game or cash cards. Bad Rockstar Bad.  :miranda:

2) Yeah have you read the SP DLC thread? Assassination missions and other stuff. Oh joy :panic:

3) If you haven't noticed how much all the upgrades cost to fully upgrade a car, that's over a million.

1) Of course it isn't, but if they're "greedy", they wouldn't give us free DLC at all, let alone 3 of them. (The 3 DLC are: Beach Bum, Content Creator, and Heists. Heists will be free for the same reason Content Creator is free.)

2) Like I said in that thread, making final judgements based off a little bit of code is stupid. We don't know what's gonna be in the DLC. We literally have no official info about it.

3) Fully upgrading a car is different than buying a gun.

DaltonVirago
  • DaltonVirago

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Why is this thread even here? The only people who should care how many people are playing online are OTHER people who are playing online (so they can find a full room). If you only want to play SP, it doesn't effect you at all.

Aerosmithfan999
  • Aerosmithfan999

The Wackiness Returns

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:12 AM

This brings a huge facepalm to my face.... GTAV, wich is pretty much the main thing about the entire game is being ignored and GTA Online is what everyone is playing and talking about now... New fans have been introduced because of this, wich is a bunch of 9 year old fa**ots who knows 2 sh*ts about other GTA games in the past.... This f*cking sucks. All my PSN friends are just playing gta Clusterf*ckline.... Is there even anyone on Planet earth who even plays GTA V Story Mode anymore..? Anyone??????

I only play single player in GTA V and IV. I prefer to be left alone when I'm exploring the map.

yoshiandluigi3
  • yoshiandluigi3

modder.

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:14 AM

Ive finished the storyline 3 times. its starting to get boring, so I play GTA online instead of GTA V single player.

Invader_swift
  • Invader_swift

BLACK LIVES MATTER

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

Possibly one of the most cringe worthy threads in the forum's history.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:57 AM

1) Of course it isn't, but if they're "greedy", they wouldn't give us free DLC at all, let alone 3 of them. (The 3 DLC are: Beach Bum, Content Creator, and Heists. Heists will be free for the same reason Content Creator is free.)

2) Like I said in that thread, making final judgements based off a little bit of code is stupid. We don't know what's gonna be in the DLC. We literally have no official info about it.

1)  Content Creator and Heist were promise before the game is out. Really sad they still haven't released it yet. Haven't play online since November cause I'm a 108 level with nothing to do. 

Beach Bum DLC might be free just to make Rockstar look better. Activision gave out Nuketown 2025 and Free camo to everyone. Does that not make them greedy? Doesn't matter how they try to cover it up both Rockstar and Activision are very money hungry. They both have microtransactions and cut content DLC. Both focus more online then Single Player.

Call of Duty has a excuses since most of its fan base is from online.

Grand Theft Auto doesn't. It started as a Single Player Franchise and has always been Single Player first. It got popular off its Single Player unlike COD which got its name known for its MP.

2) I agree we have no clue what it is. ( Most likely cut content. Proof will be if you can buy property )

3) No where close to a million. I did that with 3 cars. Over a couple hundred thousand but not a million.  

Dяno
  • Dяno

dolan pls

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:29 AM

Lol trust me they're greedy if they weren't greedy why didn't they leave at least a million dollars for the weeks of hell that a lot of people had to go through trying to playing the f*cking ruined online. First people were whining about all the money they had and then they started whining about the little money Rockstar left them. Also lets hope heists can let you at least make over 50k or online is ruined. Beach only added clothes and some game modes not that fun for the people who free roam all the time. Content creator is probably the only good thing they did since they came out...   When people wanted to find the next dlc for skyrim they looked through code and found out two major dlcs (Dawnguard, Dragonborn). So it can be possible that the SP dlc can be that. Yeah fully upgrading a car is different, but your spending a million dollars either way.

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

Couldn't put this no better way.. damn..

i really wanna with a shiit load of 12 yrs olds... either sniping me or out in a glitched money tank...

but then theres single player you can't do shiit in after its done.. no more random events... nothing ongoing 

great rockstar... they sold their sole loll

its funny how ppl have hope in DLC... january came and went and no heist... GTFO

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users