Quantcast

» «
Photo

WHY is there more people playing GTA Online than GTA V..?

145 replies to this topic
saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:22 PM

It's weird.  I only played GTA IV multiplayer a couple of times because it was filled with mindless trigger-happy fools, as expected, and it was pointless.  But I was able to keep playing / replaying GTA IVsingle-player as Niko and always found things to do, and to make new challenges for myself, and it seemed like I would just explore and still find new things.  Then when TBOGT hit, that was my favorite for the rest of the years until RDR came out. 

But the design of GTAV just does not lend itself to replay.  The few mini-games which require you to scour the map for scraps of paper, real estate signs or spaceship parts are just uninspired and tedious.  And even though the map is big and beautifully detailed, it is rare that I see a photo in Snapmatic that is a place that I don't already recognize - it's strange that we are able to get so familiar with the map so quickly.  So, strangely, even though I hate multiplayer, it has attracted me there to GTA0, just so I can keep replaying the game.  The user-content races have further upped-the GTA0 interest level. 

One of the best (and unintended) exploration activities in GTAV, is following the GTAV mapping thread in this forum.  That was fascinating before the game release, and is still fascinating now. 

Bottom line is that Aaron Garbut and his art team did an unprecedented virtual world design.  :^:  But in those same 5 years while the GTAV world was being built and detailed, it seems like the game designers and story designers just phoned in their work in the last 12 months and nobody was enforcing the game design quality.  :angry:

• word is bond and TheticalFlyer97 like this

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

because only an idiot plays the story mode after getting 100% some people are thick in the skull and will never get out of their old ways. the fact that you say that you pay 0% attention to the online mode but base judgment on something you haven't played not only makes you look stupid, but also makes you oblivious to all the work R* puts in their games. If you are a real R* fan, you will at least attempt to give the online a try before you pass judgment on it...

But if he tries the Online mode, he risks getting modded cash and then being sent to the cheater lobbies.
Online is only fun with friends anyway and it doesn't sound like the OP has any online friends.

GTA Online should have been like IVs multiplayer but with apartments and garages. Online has too many restrictions.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:03 AM

I play GTA 5 than GTA Online.but for next gen i see Rockstar creating two universe,one for Online and maybe a continuation of HD Era

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

And you're basing this on what exactly? You're friends?

I still play mainly single player.

you're friends

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

because only an idiot plays the story mode after getting 100% some people are thick in the skull and will never get out of their old ways. the fact that you say that you pay 0% attention to the online mode but base judgment on something you haven't played not only makes you look stupid, but also makes you oblivious to all the work R* puts in their games. If you are a real R* fan, you will at least attempt to give the online a try before you pass judgment on it...

Motherf*cker, I have already played gta online alot.... I am rank 23, I am able to judge it how much I want. Maybe you should get your facts straight, bitch

Hardcore Savage
  • Hardcore Savage

Realest nigga on the forum tho

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

This brings a huge facepalm to my face.... GTAV, wich is pretty much the main thing about the entire game is being ignored and GTA Online is what everyone is playing and talking about now... New fans have been introduced because of this, wich is a bunch of 9 year old fa**ots who knows 2 sh*ts about other GTA games in the past.... This f*cking sucks. All my PSN friends are just playing gta Clusterf*ckline.... Is there even anyone on Planet earth who even plays GTA V Story Mode anymore..? Anyone??????

Well, they sort of dropped the ball with GTA V. If GTA V lived up to its potential, I wouldn't have even touched GTA Online...

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:42 PM Edited by Hayze, 22 December 2013 - 06:46 PM.

This brings a huge facepalm to my face.... GTAV, wich is pretty much the main thing about the entire game is being ignored and GTA Online is what everyone is playing and talking about now... New fans have been introduced because of this, wich is a bunch of 9 year old fa**ots who knows 2 sh*ts about other GTA games in the past.... This f*cking sucks. All my PSN friends are just playing gta Clusterf*ckline.... Is there even anyone on Planet earth who even plays GTA V Story Mode anymore..? Anyone??????

This post is amazing on so many levels. But I'll just point out this part... All my PSN friends are just playing gta Clusterf*ckline.... Is there even anyone on Planet earth who even plays GTA V Story Mode anymore..? Anyone??????

Go play with your friends then instead of by yourself... Christ... Like is this post real or are you just leveling? You want more people to play single player than online? I can't grasp the thought process here. 

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:43 PM

I was one of those people for awhile.  Since I couldn't get online in like the first 3 weeks when I eventually could I focused on that to try and catch up to friends ranks and get acquainted with the game so I wouldn't be completely useless when playing.  Now though, I haven't been online much.  Frankly I'm too scared to go into free roam for a whole plethora of reasons.  Still haven't gone back to the story yet though; playing other games instead. 

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

If I wanted to be bored and play alone I would play Diablo 3, then I too would complain about what others do that do not effect me in any other way..........Online is what is up. It is what keeps people interested and entertained. It's like going go-carting. It's a  lot fun, but it is depressing doing it by yourself. 

In GTA online you can race, do missions, and much more with friends and others. I always find it amusing and sad when people complain about multiplayer in games while they play solo....like other people playing effects their single player experience.

Personally I played single player until the big heist, then went to online as planned. 

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

Lets put it like this. Online is da way for u to play with other ppl or ur friends.. I think is fcked up how rockstar didn't really complete this game, instead they worked on online (something to make constant money --- new people are always buying gta just because online.) 

after completing story thats it. its over. no missions. activities suck. IMO there shoulda been like 50+ stranger and freaks....

lmaoo i heard Michael saying to his wife he gotta go after they were done, .... go to do what????? 

activities like property management with interiors would work... and if shiiit played out diff on each mission more ppl would be playin sp

Online has slightly more features.. that i thought could've been added to story.. (expandable map, call services like mechanics or pegasus. merrywheater). 

In GTA online you can race, do missions, and much more with friends and others. 

but

online is garbage as much as story mode. Cars and peds disappear, npc are not really in this portion. Im level *** and I've only seen lamar once. Missions are repetitive (go here, kill guys, get product/vehicle ... leave. The end)..nothing interesting actually happen ...

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

I might be the only one who doesn't care about GTAO at all, well at least not for the near future. I still have to finish lots of stuff in story mode for 100% completition and even if I did all of that I'll still stick with the singleplayer because it's so amazing and is the heart of every GTA game. I can't wait for the story mode DLC next year!

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

Scavenger

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:26 AM

It's sort of sad when a game, that was famous for its complex singleplayer campaigns and worlds becomes so focused on multiplayer. I remember that back in IV, I imagined how much more fleshed out the singleplayer experience could be if R* didn't spend time on multiplayer. Oh boy, how I wish IV's days were back, when singleplayer wasn't completely shafted yet and multiplayer was actually entertaining.

With so many studios under R*'s banner, I hope they'll dedicate an entire studio to Online in future, while R* North will be free to focus on singleplayer only. It worked out for AC after all. Can you imagine how much better both V and Online would be if North spend last five years making only singleplayer campaign and another studio was working only on Online? Also, continuing development of Online could actually hurt VI really bad. R* will work on new tech again and instead of focusing on forging a best new game possible, they'll keep looking back on V's Online, make DLCs for it, all while also working on Online 2.0 for VI.

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:09 AM Edited by Emmi, 26 December 2013 - 10:09 AM.

It's sort of sad when a game, that was famous for its complex singleplayer campaigns and worlds becomes so focused on multiplayer. I remember that back in IV, I imagined how much more fleshed out the singleplayer experience could be if R* didn't spend time on multiplayer. Oh boy, how I wish IV's days were back, when singleplayer wasn't completely shafted yet and multiplayer was actually entertaining.

With so many studios under R*'s banner, I hope they'll dedicate an entire studio to Online in future, while R* North will be free to focus on singleplayer only. It worked out for AC after all. Can you imagine how much better both V and Online would be if North spend last five years making only singleplayer campaign and another studio was working only on Online? Also, continuing development of Online could actually hurt VI really bad. R* will work on new tech again and instead of focusing on forging a best new game possible, they'll keep looking back on V's Online, make DLCs for it, all while also working on Online 2.0 for VI.

What you say is not the case!

How could another studio work on GTAO if R* North works on the basis for it, GTAV???

It will not hurt an upcoming GTA, that's for sure.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

Well, for all I know, I dont got any hopes on GTA VI.... If R* is gunna make it good, they need to put many years into it... I will proabably have wife and kids during the time of GTA VI coming out, its not only a case for me but for all of you. And the reason why GTA VI aint gunna be as good as alot of us thought, is because R* has their head shuven up GTA Online's ass... There is possibillity of it being good but I doubt it. 

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 December 2013 - 12:44 PM Edited by Emmi, 26 December 2013 - 12:45 PM.

Well, for all I know, I dont got any hopes on GTA VI.... If R* is gunna make it good, they need to put many years into it... I will proabably have wife and kids during the time of GTA VI coming out, its not only a case for me but for all of you. And the reason why GTA VI aint gunna be as good as alot of us thought, is because R* has their head shuven up GTA Online's ass... There is possibillity of it being good but I doubt it. 

GTA VI will be awesome, just like any other GTA game, that's all I have to say.

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:47 PM

You're friends?

I am not friends.

wiizardii
  • wiizardii

Hagu

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

Agreed, BUT If R* keeps doing stuff to GTA V Online, things are gunna get REAAAAAL Messy! As Trevor said in Option C ending lol. Either they need to release last DLC's next year or some sh*t. 

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

Agreed, BUT If R* keeps doing stuff to GTA V Online, things are gunna get REAAAAAL Messy! As Trevor said in Option C ending lol. Either they need to release last DLC's next year or some sh*t. 

GTA 5 is not f*cked up it a great game and we have been promised Expansions for it next year.Same is GTA Online even though it still as a lot problems,so why should the stop adding stuffs to Online,I played GTA 5 storymode 3 times and after that i just go Online to play with friends.

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

GTA 5 is not f*cked up it a great game and we have been promised Expansions for it next year.Same is GTA Online even though it still as a lot problems,so why should the stop adding stuffs to Online,I played GTA 5 storymode 3 times and after that i just go Online to play with friends.

How much more let downs do y'all need to see before y'all realize this game and expansions will be sh i t 

they rob us of a map size, missions, features and people are to blind to see that ... sadly persons still have hope in rockstar but I'm not blind to their bullshxt... me and a lota other @official general to name one person, already picked up that the sp mode is incomplete ... the expansions probably will be 2-5 cars. 10 new missions.  

GTA5 is just a base/data to play online.

mercado2121
  • mercado2121

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

because as soon as you finish the story,anything you can do in singleplayer,you can do in online,with other people

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:06 PM Edited by stangone50, 26 December 2013 - 08:08 PM.

How are people even playing Online . My experiance has totally sucked . 

Within 10 minutes Im either getting chased by cops , getting killed by players that disapear and reappear or getting booted off . 

I dunno how people race with 16 people all crashing into eachother when the game hasnt froze on me . Death matches I dont get . People just spawn behind me and kill me before i even make a move . 

I guess if you just use it to go on with your friends its ok  but other than that it sucks balls especially after you beat the story , all the loading and waiting f*ck that sh*t 

This whole game has been a disaster . i probably spent more time working around glitches and bugs on my way to 100% and all golds than actually playing . 

• pilscy likes this

Xx-ADITYA-xX
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX

Blazing Wolves - Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

Because GTA V is f*cking sh*t after you finish the short 69 mission story.

Drive_ByShooting
  • Drive_ByShooting

Taking Photos of GTA since 2013

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by Drive_ByShooting, 26 December 2013 - 10:19 PM.

Because the amount of fun i have with friends online is fantastic. As a matter of fact, pictures are better than a 1000 words so lets just share some:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Not hating on V. The game has a lot of different things to the online part. I treat them separately.  Whenever i'm alone, i play GTAV, and i sometimes see friends doing the same thing. But when we are altogether, we have fun by playing online. And i have enjoyed every minute of it.

Little Red Nurgling
  • Little Red Nurgling

Proud Supporter of the Sick Filth Industry

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:52 AM Edited by seventonblade, 27 December 2013 - 03:40 AM.

There are three reasons I can tell you.

1) It's a multiplayer.  As a result, having other players around constantly changes the experience in contrast to the singleplayer, where the experience tends to be relatively the same no matter the conditions.  It's why some people can have a thousands hours or more of playtime put into a multiplayer game, while that's rarely true for singleplayer games with the exception of some RPGs.

2) It's a grindfest.  For some, it's addictive per-say because of the persistent focus on getting rich(er) and leveling your character.

3) Rockstar is deliberately keeping some pretty nice or practical features exclusive to the online game.  Can't buy all those nice safehouses and apartments because "it doesn't fit in with the story," (despite this game being a sandbox game where you can go meet up with prostitutes as Michael despite already having a wife) or you can't use the action menu to do all those funny/strange/useful gestures such as to follow pedestrians around as Trevor while shaking his fist like he were masturbating to creep them out and scare them off (or at least I've never seen the action menu used outside of Online).  You also can't buy a Mammatus, or even just obtain an Annihilator in the singleplayer at all without third-party programs, according to the wiki.  Just all these kinds of things and more that make me mad waiting for the PC version and the mods that follow to come out, hopefully to fix much of this.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

I dont play online i only play single player and i play it all the time! :) 

Crabby420
  • Crabby420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:42 AM

Why is this even a thread? Who cares if people are playing online?? If you're on single player all the time why would you even care to wonder why GTA: O is even a thing? If you don't like it then continue to not play it, just don't whine about it either. I've played from GTA 2 - 5 with the exception of 4. GTA 5 is the first multiplayer action I got with GTA and I have so much more fun with it than I currently do with single player. Don't get me wrong, I like playing single player for story, but why would I want to find lousy space car parts? I'm not lazy for beating the game 50%, in fact I beat the game's story twice, so do you still consider me lazy?

Since Vice City GTA has had a cinematic kind of feel to it. It's like playing a movie, I like it for that but playing free roam is so much better online.

pilscy
  • pilscy

Don Vito

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:08 AM

2) It's a grindfest.  For some, it's addictive per-say because of the persistent focus on getting rich(er) and leveling your character.

level up for what? after lvl 120 wats left???

nothing to really buy with money either  

ScreenSavior
  • ScreenSavior

The opposite of swag.

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

Because GTA Online is enjoyable.

Little Red Nurgling
  • Little Red Nurgling

Proud Supporter of the Sick Filth Industry

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:26 AM Edited by seventonblade, 27 December 2013 - 09:39 AM.

level up for what? after lvl 120 wats left???

nothing to really buy with money either  

But how long does it take to get to the point where you're at level 120, and to where you have enough GTA$ to purchase pretty much every possible thing you can or simply want in Online, without, of course, any major intervention, such as through hacked GTA$?  Probably a while, and most definitely it should take quite a bit longer than it takes for most to get to 100% completion in the Story Mode, and the fact that so much of Online is based around this whole drive, like for instance, imagine already having level 120 + 2 billion GTA$ (in case you don't already somehow).  Many if not most of you will become bored right after unless you restart with a new character because, like I noted in another thread, most of you (but not all of you) are extrinsically-motivated, as in motivated for the reward itself and its significance; the grind so-to-speak, instead of the fun that comes from playing the game, or from intrinsic-motivation.  If there isn't any more reward or significance to your reward, then those extrinsically-motivated and affected by the overjustification effect (http://en.wikipedia....fication_effect) will immediately lose their motive to keep playing until they can feel the significance of being rewarded again somehow, such as through a restart.  Extrinsic motivation is frankly what GTAO encourages, with its high demand for reward such as many of the convincing benefits provided by leveling up, or in the case of GTA$, upgrades, weapons, vehicles, apartments; all of these things which are part of the gameplay experience that can have such an accumulated cost that it takes more than just a few hours to obtain all the payout from jobs needed to satisfy the desires for them (unless of course, you're a minimalist, which few are), hence the grindfest and its addictiveness.

I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT
  • I_AM_ALWAYS_RIGHT

I Rips that hole

• Members

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

i only bought it for SP. i could give 2 f*cks about online

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users