Quantcast

» «
Photo

WHY is there more people playing GTA Online than GTA V..?

145 replies to this topic
(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
  • (OO)SKYLINE(OO)

BOSS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:18 AM

I play Online for just something to do LOL!

Level Up RP.

I still playing SP a lot too.

Doing jobs, earn cash etc... And I still got to get the Spaceship parts for now.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:44 AM

I don't know how you can measure who is and isn't playing SP. I am sure there are plenty of people playing and plus it's fun to play with other people. You can make some friends and race each other and do missions and just generally cause chaos together plus you can show off each other's rides. It's fun if you have the right people to play with.

the_kid311
  • the_kid311

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

Is this a serious question...? rofl wth

DJPFC
  • DJPFC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:08 AM

Let's face it, what's the point in SP? I've done all the main missions, but I'm not going to get pedantic about these tiny little percentages just to complete it. More people play ultimate team than career mode. More people play cod online than cod campaign. More people play gta online than SP. ONLINE IS INFINITE you can't complete it, which gives that replay-ability.
  • WBaker likes this

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

citYkKb.jpg

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:15 PM

Andreas. is right. Jupp, MP is the main thing right now, maybe I should just accept it :/

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

I got GTA V mainly due to the Online-Portion.

If it wasn't advertised with having Online i wouldn't have gotten it.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

Because SP is boring and useless after the storyline is finished.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:25 PM

I play online to make my own protag, customise, buy cars boats and all the sh*t that the main protags couldn't do. To put it into better words, I'm compensating for the story mode's lack of variety.

• saintsrow and Immigration like this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

/ / / / / AMG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:49 PM Edited by StingrayX, 20 December 2013 - 02:49 PM.

Are you legitimately crying about this? Who cares? Just play the damn game your preferred way and worry about yourself. You people on this forum have really become irritable lil' Scheiße Köpfe's.
  • The Shadman likes this

17th
  • 17th

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

For me GTA is single player only game. I liked GTA IV multiplayer, because it wasn't too complex. I never played GTA Online, and I will never play it because it ruined GTA world. They simply used GTA V to promote GTA Online, because they hyped GTA V to maximum, and then announced GTA Online and stopped caring about V. This game should be offline only, maybe something like IV multiplayer - fun but not complex.

• kvic, Sting4S and BrainFreeze like this

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

This brings a huge facepalm to my face.... GTAV, wich is pretty much the main thing about the entire game is being ignored and GTA Online is what everyone is playing and talking about now... New fans have been introduced because of this, wich is a bunch of 9 year old fa**ots who knows 2 sh*ts about other GTA games in the past.... This f*cking sucks. All my PSN friends are just playing gta Clusterf*ckline.... Is there even anyone on Planet earth who even plays GTA V Story Mode anymore..? Anyone??????

Maybe because they have run out of things to do in the single player, therefore going to Online, where the world constantly evolves and nothing gets boring.

Gta_V_Fan_101
  • Gta_V_Fan_101

My posts are brought to you by Chuckola Cola Drinks.

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

Because some people wish to play with their friends rather then alone in singleplayer.
Online also gets updated on a monthly basis(I think) so people have more things to do.I wouldn't say that I am a fan of GtaO as I only play it with friends.

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:52 PM

Because 99,99% of world population don't use his/her brain properly
They're sheep...
  • TheStranger_NL and Thalyn like this

Target13
  • Target13

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Actually, the only reason they made GTA V is for online

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:28 PM

Precisely
Because they had no choices in that regard
If you want to be competitive you have to adapt yourself to the market

Vanto
  • Vanto

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:32 PM

I enjoy singleplayer as it was a drug.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:37 PM

For me GTA is single player only game. I liked GTA IV multiplayer, because it wasn't too complex. I never played GTA Online, and I will never play it because it ruined GTA world. They simply used GTA V to promote GTA Online, because they hyped GTA V to maximum, and then announced GTA Online and stopped caring about V. This game should be offline only, maybe something like IV multiplayer - fun but not complex.

Totally agree with you... Like half these people on this thread who doesn't know this, I am talking about motherf*cking GTA GRAND THEFT AUTO not just some random game with an SP and MP mode... This is GTA, A franchise that is one of the greatest of all time. 

TheStranger_NL
  • TheStranger_NL

Ronins MC

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

Im playing story mode for the third time now.
My 2nd savegame broke because of an update and i was halfway through, so i decided to play online again.
I wanted to play the story, for the third time, but after update 1.08 my game keeps freezing after a random amount of time. Also weird popups wich i never saw before the first update. It is just impossible to play story mode when new updates just keeps f*cking up my singleplayer progress.

Anyone else got problems like this and what do you do about it?

BallinOutOfMind
  • BallinOutOfMind

Baller by day, baller by night.

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

I 100% completed SP then made my way to gta online. It's really fun and new, dunno why people hate it so much. After I fully completed SP, there's not much to do afterwards, but SP was really fun when there was stuff to do.

I don't know why people can't enjoy both SP and MP. Now I'm just waiting for the SP DLC while having a blast on online. FULLY enjoying gta v.

Shadowlarvitar
  • Shadowlarvitar

Proud Saints Row Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

I play both. I play Single player when the internet is wacky or other players **** me off.

Online is where I go to kill others and to hang with friends.

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:03 PM

Well.. I grew up with story mode/single player/ or whatever the hell you call it. Call it Non- online.. When the first online game came out for the Playstation 2, I was pumped. Every since then I was not lonely playing by myself lol sad sad story. (sarcasm)

Iets just say I don't mind playing alone, it just don't like being lonely. If that makes sense, hence why I play online games. 

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:19 PM

Basically it is this (at least in MY OPINION) the generation today find anything that they have to do them self's BORING they need the constant pat on the back and and also lack the imagination to develop their own style of playing a game hence the need for more and more DLC . And yes I have played online before anyone ask's.

TheVoiceOfReason
  • TheVoiceOfReason

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

I've been sticking to V just trying to get up to 100%, I give online ago everynow and again but it just doesn't seem that good. How the f*ck do I level up when my only gun is a pistol, uzi and am constantly getting mowed down by longer range weapons?

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

Because GTA V is boring.

kvic
  • kvic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

I've been sticking to V just trying to get up to 100%, I give online ago everynow and again but it just doesn't seem that good. How the f*ck do I level up when my only gun is a pistol, uzi and am constantly getting mowed down by longer range weapons?

You said it it seems everything about this GTA revolves around money,what ever happened to weapon pickup's is this just another way to get real money out of people????

TheJasonGallant
  • TheJasonGallant

Random Player

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

I think it's pretty obvious, on GTA online, you can play with your friends or random people while on GTA V, you have to play alone and it can get boring after a while.

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

Huelga birds in the air and we're chargin with spears

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:53 PM Edited by Ss4gogeta0, 21 December 2013 - 06:56 PM.

That's a trend in the mainstream, which already started years ago. Multiplayer titles became more popular, and singleplayer gets less focus by each year as evidenced by videogames like Battlefield or Call Of Duty. GTA seems to follow the same trend now, but I still hope that this doesn't affect future sequels negatively. The singleplayer is what the series made famous in the first place, so it would be illogical if Rockstar toned down their efforts in that area.

Stupid statement... battlefield has always been about multiplayer... since bf1942... competitive multiplayer games have been around for recades... only reason why they are showing up more on consoles is because the network architecture is becoming more and more like a pc which makes it easier to do... gta 1 and 2 had multiplayer, the only reason why that didn't continue was because the ps2 didn't have a dedocated online component... you had to buy an HD to be able to play and that came a bit later in the ps2s life... splinter cell had multiplayer back then (played alot of it online on ps2 eith a USB mic), cod has always been multiplayer since day 1 (played COD 2 big red one online alot), MOH was more story based, and dont getme started on socom (played 3 online on ps2).. the list can go on and on.. just because you weren't around back then doesn't mean it didn't happen

Gta online is pretty decent... there are a lot of story based missions for 1-2 players online that flesh out the main GTA V story even more.. so stop this stupid "no online" war and enjoy it foe once

Also I blame any spelling mistake on this phone I'm typing on... stupid S3
  • Effects likes this

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Born in sin, COME ON IN.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:25 PM

I'm sorry, but if you call GTA V boring, you are not a GTA fan. Plain and simple. GTA was and always be a single player based game whether you like it or not. I can tell you right now that most multiplayer fanboys would not be able to handle the GTA's of the past. Yes, they were fun and guess what, they did not include an overhyped multiplayer mode. I wil admit I like GTA Online but if it's the future the GTA series will fall apart. Go ahead and bash me I don't care, but there are people here who agree with me.

• BrainFreeze likes this

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

because only an idiot plays the story mode after getting 100% some people are thick in the skull and will never get out of their old ways. the fact that you say that you pay 0% attention to the online mode but base judgment on something you haven't played not only makes you look stupid, but also makes you oblivious to all the work R* puts in their games. If you are a real R* fan, you will at least attempt to give the online a try before you pass judgment on it...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users