Quantcast

» «
Photo

WHY is there more people playing GTA Online than GTA V..?

145 replies to this topic
Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

Player hater or hater player, or what?

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

This brings a huge facepalm to my face.... GTAV, wich is pretty much the main thing about the entire game is being ignored and GTA Online is what everyone is playing and talking about now... New fans have been introduced because of this, wich is a bunch of 9 year old fa**ots who knows 2 sh*ts about other GTA games in the past.... This f*cking sucks. All my PSN friends are just playing gta Clusterf*ckline.... Is there even anyone on Planet earth who even plays GTA V Story Mode anymore..? Anyone??????

• saintsrow, dyz, Mr_Leone and 11 others like this

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:59 PM

And you're basing this on what exactly? You're friends?

I still play mainly single player.

• theGTAking101, IDredMan and thehomelessclown1 like this

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

Why are you bothered? You can't play with anybody else in single player, so why are you so bothered about it? 

People do play the GTA V single player. I'm sure of it.

• IveGotNoValues, darkwar854, Nlwt and 2 others like this

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

I am not bothered, it just feels weird. I dont feel ''Lonely playing gta v SP'' I just feel like too much things are about GTA Online and not SP. It feels like nobody gives a f*ck about GTA V, where GTA Online was born, Its all just empty. Alot of GTA originals like me are still playing GTA V. 

Nudg3r
  • Nudg3r

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Because the singleplayer is perfect. There is nothng to complain. Unlike the very buggy gta online...
  • atsjoonas and LiquidNitrogen like this

RedBull FM
  • RedBull FM

#BUCKLEUPBABY

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:18 PM

This brings a huge facepalm to my face.... GTAV, wich is pretty much the main thing about the entire game is being ignored and GTA Online is what everyone is playing and talking about now... New fans have been introduced because of this, wich is a bunch of 9 year old fa**ots who knows 2 sh*ts about other GTA games in the past.... This f*cking sucks. All my PSN friends are just playing gta Clusterf*ckline.... Is there even anyone on Planet earth who even plays GTA V Story Mode anymore..? Anyone??????

which*

• daliakiller likes this

razorsharkhead
  • razorsharkhead

Cockstar Employee

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:19 PM

gta 5 is boring

at least online gives us new stuff

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by Militia, 19 December 2013 - 09:21 PM.

Yeah, GTA Online is pretty sh*tty as from what I usually hear, BUT, at the same time everyone is playing it.  Then later on after a patch, people cry that they "lost" a glitched vehicle.  And yet, people still continue doing it, and losing 'em.  LOL

GTA Online is a horrible experience, even without touching it once to this day, ever, I can still conclude it's horrible because of everything I see and hear about glitches and cheating and bad sport bogus nonsense, and just stupid sh*t, is very good reasons not to play it, I wouldn't want to deal with it, so I just stick to single player and also been playing them since GTA III, and onward.  I like the game right now a lot, just 1.07 hurt my soul with that car spawning bug lol, but now with 1.08 it's 'back to normal."  I mean sure, some days the game is being lame with some aspects and not working properly, but it's expected, all GTA's were like this.  But what you hear about Online when people talk about their experiences it's just one big LOL basically.  ..................And yet people will continue to play it.

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

I totally agree with Milita. However, I do not really 100% hate GTA Online, I just hate that a small Multiplayer mode needing to get pushed into a main game wich sucks. 

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

I love both to death. GTA Online's more popular because it gets pretty boring playing by yourself after a while. People who just bought the game in most cases go through the story first, and then play with friends Online.

• D1RTY® likes this

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:44 PM

I love both to death. GTA Online's more popular because it gets pretty boring playing by yourself after a while. People who just bought the game in most cases go through the story first, and then play with friends Online.

Nah, I 100% GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas, IV, and V, and still to this day play solely with single player, and the 3D games, as well, III, Vice City, San Andreas.  It's just how it was done in the beginning, and for me, will always be like that.  I refuse to even touch the Online part and pay 0 attention to such threads for the most part in this forum, unless it's about both Online and SP, playing close attention to the single player aspect, same thing going through Youtube.

And beating the "story mode" is 50% of the game doing 74 missions, anyone can do that.  But people are lazy and don't want to simply type into Google how to find lets say the 50 space ship parts or something so they quit like a moron and go play that lame Online stuff.  Even after 100% there is loads to do, and I am still discovering new stuff and had it 100% since October 8th about.

• Raptomex, Mince and Daenerys like this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:48 PM

Because people like to play with their friends and strangers, you should give it a try, it's alot of fun. I like SP and all, but after completing the story it's nice to just relax and wreck havok with some cool people from around the world. If that's not your cup of tea, no ones forcing you to go online.

• Reemer, ActionBronson, TaviColen123 and 1 other like this

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:53 PM

There's more to do. After beating SP, many players go online because it's essentially another story mode that will continue being updated and upgraded indefinitely. You can do much of what you can do in SP and more.
Like it or not, online is the future of gaming.
  • line of chop likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:59 PM

New fans have been introduced because of this, wich [sic] is a bunch of 9 year old fa**ots who knows 2 sh*ts about other GTA games in the past.... This f*cking sucks. 

Is this a bad thing? More people are playing a mode that you (I'm guessing) don't even play? The horror!

Johan
  • Johan

He won’t see the sun again for years to come

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:04 PM

What's the problem with that? Not everyone plays the single player, and many others already completed it months ago.

Do you expect them to just stick to the single player until the next GTA? Considering Online keeps getting updated?

Keep dreaming OP

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:07 PM Edited by DrDetroit, 19 December 2013 - 10:10 PM.

I enjoy online, when I'm in a mood to be a "straight up menace".  Believe me, it's not nearly as bad as you read on these forums.  I thought it would be horrible after reading about GTAO (never played online before - bought my PS3 just for GTAV and RDR - I'm one of those elitist PC gamers), but when I jumped online, found out it's addictive as hell!  Also, my PSN and online play is free, so I figured why not.

But I dig SP for checking out the city, killing cops, exploring, and trying to complete the 100% part of the game (still).  Been in SP mode for the last week getting from 95%-97%.  

Anyhow, I do hope we see an SP update very soon.  Would be a nice Christmas gift from R*.

DrDetroit

iOwlex
  • iOwlex

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

well, when people finish play on single-player, they just want something new in game

they want keep playing with gta map with new stuff, so they are going to online

its always fun with friends, doing anything and feel more live then single-player with bots.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

Because today's generation is obsessed with online culture. Everyone has to be connected and playing with other people competitively 24/7 or else the game is ignored. Look at any other game that SHOULD have been a single player only experience, but gets some cheesy tacked on multiplayer just to appease the drooling masses.

• Mince and Tikhung like this

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:46 PM

Why are you so angry? And why do you even care what other people are playing? Your PSN friends playing online has absolutely no hindrance to the enjoyment of your single player game.

Basically all that you've said is "why won't you people play the game like I do!? I liked GTA before all these new fans did and they won't play it like I do either! Whaaah!"

Phoenix_Poop
  • Phoenix_Poop

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

Alright, alot of people are bringing this statement where they say when they finish SP they go to OP... By finish, you mean completing the Main Storyline... NOT all strangers and freaks and get the 100%.. There are even people who did not play SP Main story and just go to Online like these stupid 9 year olds in GTA Online

Why are you so angry? And why do you even care what other people are playing? Your PSN friends playing online has absolutely no hindrance to the enjoyment of your single player game.

Basically all that you've said is "why won't you people play the game like I do!? I liked GTA before all these new fans did and they won't play it like I do either! Whaaah!"

I am not crying for people to play Online.. Its just sad seeing how A multiplayer mode is being the main thing about a game. And I also hate stupid 9 year olds who knows 2 sh*ts about GTA. Remember, we are talking about GRAND THEFT AUTO, not just some sort of a Mutliplayer mode. We are talking about a Franchise that is one of the biggest, if not the biggest. 

shattered-minds
  • shattered-minds

Lovely chap

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

Alright, alot of people are bringing this statement where they say when they finish SP they go to OP... By finish, you mean completing the Main Storyline... NOT all strangers and freaks and get the 100%.. There are even people who did not play SP Main story and just go to Online like these stupid 9 year olds in GTA Online

I am not crying for people to play Online.. Its just sad seeing how A multiplayer mode is being the main thing about a game. And I also hate stupid 9 year olds who knows 2 sh*ts about GTA. Remember, we are talking about GRAND THEFT AUTO, not just some sort of a Mutliplayer mode. We are talking about a Franchise that is one of the biggest, if not the biggest.

Why do you even care about new fans? So what if GTA V is their first foray into the series. It just means they've missed out on some truly brilliant games, their loss, not yours. Just seems pointless getting worked up over it.

As for online getting attention, I wouldn't downplay it so much as to just call it a "mode" it equals SP in terms of ambition (execution is a different matter). It also caters to a want that I know myself and a lot of people have had in the past when playing it with a friend thinking "how cool would it be if we could play the game and do missions together?"

It will also get talked about more because A) it is always changing and B)people are forever complaining about these changes. Where as SP has, for the most part, remained unchanged.

Over all you just need to accept people people like a new and different part of GTA to you and learn not to care so much about how people are enjoying their copy of the game

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

It's pretty simple really. People play the main story first and once they finish the story and get bored with it they play GTA:O with their friends.

• EvilFuture and TwasthedaybeforeGTAV like this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

Because today's generation is obsessed with online culture. Everyone has to be connected and playing with other people competitively 24/7 or else the game is ignored. Look at any other game that SHOULD have been a single player only experience, but gets some cheesy tacked on multiplayer just to appease the drooling masses.

So, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, all the big SP only games are ignored?

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

Loool had to laugh hard at some of this  :lol:

But getting back to it, did ever occur to you that the reason this is case is because the story in GTA V is quite weak and mediocre ?? Because that's the reason I've not even bothered to give it another playthrough. 

And I don't even GTA Online. I played it once and jacked it in as soon as I saw near empty streets free-roaming. The whole online thing in GTA don't interest me one bit anyway. 

• pilscy likes this

TaviColen123
  • TaviColen123

Trollhater

• BUSTED!
  • Romania

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:01 AM

Official General, on 20 Dec 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

Phoenix_sh*t, on 19 Dec 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

But getting back to it, did ever occur to you that the reason this is case is because the story in GTA V is quite weak and mediocre ?? Because that's the reason I've not even bothered to give it another playthrough. 

And I don't even GTA Online. I played it once and jacked it in as soon as I saw near empty streets free-roaming. The whole online thing in GTA don't interest me one bit anyway. 

Here we go with Official Dickhead putting his opinion abve everyone else, if he doesnt like it that means its true for everyone else .

• Official General likes this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:02 AM

I can tell the OP is around 14-17 years old.  Claiming how kids today know nothing about the older GTAs.... so what? Guess what? When you were 9 years old there were things that older people knew more about than you (yes, things you were involved with).

I hate people like you.  You know, like those people on youtube when you go to a music video of a really popular song..... and you have people commenting, saying some thing like... "All you people here only like this band now because of this one song, I've been a fan of this band for 5 years"..... as if that makes them better than everyone else. 

And how does this bring a huge face palm to your face? Not smart enough to realize more people are talking about GTAO because.... oh I don't know, maybe because R* has been promoting the heck out of it a lot more than SP.

For your information, I have beaten the story mode twice now.  So what am I suppose to do when I get bored with SP? Well, according to you... I shouldn't get online (where I can experience NEW-FUN things) I should just stay offline and be bored playing SP.

USE YOUR BRAIN!!!

goodbye, not coming back to this thread. So don't bother quoting me :)

• TwasthedaybeforeGTAV likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:10 AM

So, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, all the big SP only games are ignored?

I was more hinting at TLoU, Tomb Raider, Uncharter, etc etc.

But then again there's Elder Scrolls Online... which is Bethesda trying to cash in on this multiplayer craze people have. And the only reason they didn't tack on sh*tty multiplayer modes into Elder Scrolls and Fallout, is because they can't. Their engine and games are literally sh*t. The absolute worst engine in the last decade of gaming. Look at Morrowind, go ahead and load it up completely unmodded. That's the foundation in which Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 + NV and future Bethesda games all work on. It's awful.

You bet your ass if Bethesda could tack on an acceptable multiplayer experience, they would have.

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Lance Vance Dance Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:10 AM

Im probably a minority but i love the online. It's not perfect, but it gives me and my buddies a whole map just to f*ck around and kill cops. I have more fun from the goofing off and sandbox then forcing myself to hate it before starting it up. Yall know most people would rather play with friends instead of playing alone. Did you think about that Op? 

• Ss4gogeta0 likes this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

Official General, on 20 Dec 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

Phoenix_sh*t, on 19 Dec 2013 - 10:57 PM, said:

Here we go with Official Dickhead putting his opinion abve everyone else, if he doesnt like it that means its true for everyone else .

That's right my friend. Boom !! Look who's stepped in the room !!  :cool:

• pilscy likes this

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:15 AM Edited by Andreas., 20 December 2013 - 01:16 AM.

That's a trend in the mainstream, which already started years ago. Multiplayer titles became more popular, and singleplayer gets less focus by each year as evidenced by videogames like Battlefield or Call Of Duty. GTA seems to follow the same trend now, but I still hope that this doesn't affect future sequels negatively. The singleplayer is what the series made famous in the first place, so it would be illogical if Rockstar toned down their efforts in that area.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users