Photo

Muscle car racing

59 replies to this topic
DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

If anyone still thinks the gauntlet is faster.. Just pick a good track and give it 4-5 laps with the gauntlet, then do the same with the ruiner and look at the improvement in lap times, there's your answer!

Chances are, their lap time will be greater in the Ruiner because they're crashing into everything along the way.  They might even think that means the Gauntlet is faster.
Gauntler drivers can't drive muscle cars.

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

What's a fully modded picador like? I found one and tried it in a race and got owned but without the upgrades.

horrible, slowest muscle car BY FAR and one of the slowest cars in the game period , stay away don't use the picador or u will lose

DirtFarmer
  • DirtFarmer

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

I dont race but i love muscle cars.

I finally found a Pheniox yesterday. horry sh*t balls that car is cool. the huge spoiler is too funny.

I havent drive a bad muscle car yet. they seem to be the most fun IMO. However I tend drive super cars in free roam due to not wanting to die everytime someone shoots at my car.

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

What's a fully modded picador like? I found one and tried it in a race and got owned but without the upgrades.

horrible, slowest muscle car BY FAR and one of the slowest cars in the game period , stay away don't use the picador or u will lose

Is it worth keeping? It's rare apparently but I found three of these spawn in east vinewood. If you don't care about races. Worth a garage space just for show?

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:05 PM Edited by Drummin, 19 December 2013 - 04:06 PM.

I dont race but i love muscle cars.

I finally found a Pheniox yesterday. horry sh*t balls that car is cool. the huge spoiler is too funny.

I havent drive a bad muscle car yet. they seem to be the most fun IMO. However I tend drive super cars in free roam due to not wanting to die everytime someone shoots at my car.

For free roam I use the sabre, looks good, sounds great.

I would use the buccaneer but that is so quite. If it was as loud as the other muscles I would use it all the time.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

If anyone still thinks the gauntlet is faster.. Just pick a good track and give it 4-5 laps with the gauntlet, then do the same with the ruiner and look at the improvement in lap times, there's your answer!

Racing is more then just going fast or breakin lap times. Especially in muscle cars.

I see this all the time, even with other car classes.  This is the fastest that is the fastest.. What ever...

Certain Cars are just better on certain track.  I've got well over 1000 races and honestly I usually win when using my Gauntlet.    So when I see "THIS CAR IS BETTER" I can't help but think.."Whatevamuthaf*cka".. :D

I think Muscle Cars are probable one of the more balanced car classes to race with.  It comes down more to preference, style and learning to handle it.

Gauntler drivers can't drive muscle cars.

......  Ya?  I don't think so pal.   :p

• Mart1001 likes this

Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

Dominator for straight freeway-type tracks. Ruiner for technical tracks with lots of corners.

Black Rabbit
  • Black Rabbit

Owsla

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:58 PM

Catch-up ON:  Sabre Turbo

Catch-up OFF: Gauntlet

Nivak
  • Nivak

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:08 AM

If you want to win races then a Gauntlet, outside that they're all fun in their own way... :)

Of all the muscle car races I've been in, I have yet to see a Gauntlet actually win.

Weird, I regularly win races with the Gauntlet.. especially if catchup is off or traffic is on.  I think it's probably the most well rounded performing muscle car for most race conditions.

Unfortunately, the Gauntlet is visually pretty bland, and after having it since day one I recently gave it the boot in favor of a Sabre Turbo.  It sounds meaner, slides around more, and allows for the ridiculous blower upgrade.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

I like the dominator, cause I have the one from death race.

bda28
  • bda28

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:32 AM

I use the Dominator, just because it's the only one I own and have fully modded out. 

Tempted to give it the boot for a new car, but it was my first GTAO car (that I modded out), so the nostalgia never lets me do it. :(

But yeah, I pretty much only ever drive my Entity out to missions or to free roam in public sessions (since people can never shoot me through the back in it, which I find pretty valuable since I can't go anywhere in a public session without a random shooting at me as I pass). And when I play in a private session with some friends or something, I typically just use my dune buggy thing (Bifta?) for the lulz.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:43 AM

Here to prove you wrong when you want.  

I don´t know what you call a good track, for me it´s something like Vinewood Nights or through the grapevine.

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:48 AM

Funny thing i have the most fun in a Dominator on curvy mountain tracks and i blew my friends away in their Sabres and Gauntlets. I think it comes down to each person on how they drive their car.

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:01 AM

Racing is more then just going fast or breakin lap times. Especially in muscle cars.

I see this all the time, even with other car classes.  This is the fastest that is the fastest.. What ever...

Certain Cars are just better on certain track.  I've got well over 1000 races and honestly I usually win when using my Gauntlet.    So when I see "THIS CAR IS BETTER" I can't help but think.."Whatevamuthaf*cka".. :D

I think Muscle Cars are probable one of the more balanced car classes to race with.  It comes down more to preference, style and learning to handle it.

Having been a racing fan for over 20 years, I've tried to tell people this many times. there's a big difference between driving fast and driving quick. Yes, you may go whizzing past me cause you're going fast but, it's most likely your car will look like a wedge of cheese as you exit the corner behind me.

oOo...a chance to plug my race, it's 70's car chase inspired and of course, that means muscle cars only :)

http://rsg.ms/1kKAVk0

Complete with back alley driving, stunt jumps and things that break when you drive through them, please give it a try guys :)

The real coast guard
  • The real coast guard

Gangrene Gangster

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:03 AM

Is it worth keeping? It's rare apparently but I found three of these spawn in east vinewood. If you don't care about races. Worth a garage space just for show?

I love my picador, its 4wd so it peels out of drifts and burnouts plus it looks cool, just wish it could have more mods

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

Funny thing i have the most fun in a Dominator on curvy mountain tracks and i blew my friends away in their Sabres and Gauntlets. I think it comes down to each person on how they drive their car.

That´s because you´re much better than them.

If you fight a guy in a Gauntlet with your same skill you´ll lose. Dominator is fun though, the rear is really loose, it´s really enjoyable in the rain.

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:38 AM

I have 

- Dominator (Bullitt replica)

- Buccaneer (Ballas version)

- Phoenix (Just found this, not sure if I'm keeping it yet. The rear end looks insane though).

I love the handling on the muscle cars. Actually requires skill. Too many Entity tools online. If y'all love muscle cars, you'll love the Sports Classics.

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

The Gauntlet is THE best muscle vehicle in the game.  It's the best in every stat in the muscle class if the person is a great racer, no ifs, ands, or buts.  The Dominator is the 2nd. best.  The Ruiner & Phoenix are CLEARLY behind the Gauntlet & Dominator, this really isn't a dispute.

TheQuestfor100Percent
  • TheQuestfor100Percent

King of San Andreas

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:17 AM

Although I agree the Gauntlet is the fastest, I use the Sabre Turbo.

I find it is mostly about the driver skill. I race very, very often and Muscle is by far my favorite class. I win more often than not.

I find the Sabre to be the perfect mix of speed/stability/style.

rampage08
  • rampage08

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

That´s because you´re much better than them.

If you fight a guy in a Gauntlet with your same skill you´ll lose. Dominator is fun though, the rear is really loose, it´s really enjoyable in the rain.

Yeah, i drove a Gauntlet once and i can feel that the car is indeed more stable than Dominator so i'd lose if im going up againts a decent driver with a Gauntlet. But Dominator is a lot more fun for me, the cars feels a lot like a muscle car than the Gauntlet. Gauntlet feels a little too stable for me.

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

I'm tempted to replace my Phoenix for a Gauntlet.

But idk, most random races are sh*t like The Commute with supers or sports with catchup on. A f*cking mess.

z0etr0pe
  • z0etr0pe

Grand Theft Horse

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

just picked up a buccaneer. never noticed it before. this thing is beautiful. wish i had room in my garage.

0_0.jpg

vG LadyMac16
  • vG LadyMac16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:00 PM

Phoenix hands down.  I don't know why people say the handling is bad.  For me it handles great.  It's the only car I drive and I have a full garage. 

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Any.

Muscle is probably the only class where vehicles are not extremelly overperforming. They´re enjoyable. I like Sabre for looks, Gauntlet for performance, and Dominator for the horrible balance it has (and the fun that brings).

Same here. I like them all... except the Vigaro or whatever. It's terribad.

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

Muscle cars are the most fun, hands down. I have surround sound and when you turn it up the muscle cars are downright scary sweet. They require skill too.

The Gauntlet is the "best" car I've tried but I use the Dominator because it's more fun. I haven't used the Ruiner yet.

JaysonVoorhees
  • JaysonVoorhees

<3 Boxxy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by JaysonVoorhees, 22 December 2013 - 08:25 PM.

Phoenix hands down. Horrible handling and that's the way I like it.

Don't get me wrong, the Phoenix doesn't handle great, but in my experience it's not as bad as it's made out to be. I generally don't have much trouble with it even though I'm by no means a great driver. (All my grace is reserved for this car and bikes it seems)

I don't race much but this and the Hotknife are the only muscles I use.

mastermgrath
  • mastermgrath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

If you want to win races then a Gauntlet, outside that they're all fun in their own way... :)

I agree with the gauntlet but i still never win,always lose out to the old pit trick.

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

True Vengeance is granted through serrated blades.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

I race with my Buccaneer, Phoenix at the moment and I'm also keen on getting the collector's edition to add the Hotknife to that list.

Also, I used to race with my Ratloader before it got removed, no joke. I actually won every 4th race. I spent an afternoon perfecting the turns using the brake and handbrake simultaneously on it and it's pretty do-able once you get the hang of it. Some even called me a hacker claiming that there's no way to win in that thing... How wrong they were. 

Lupin III
  • Lupin III

The Noble Keyboard Warrior

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Vigero. I love the thing! It's the first car I bought and I'll never get rid of it.

0_0.jpg

My garage 1 week into playing GTA online

0_0.jpg

rampage08
  • rampage08

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:47 AM

I tried a stock ruiner once and it seems worse than it was in GTA4, anyone had a fully modded ruiner that can tell me how it handles ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users