Muscle car racing

59 replies to this topic
lockstockn1ak
  • lockstockn1ak

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:42 PM

Personally I like racing the Sabre Turbo simply because I like the way it sounds. What is everyone's preferred muscle car to race? Why?

007Nick700
  • 007Nick700

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

Phoenix hands down. Horrible handling and that's the way I like it.

• hesselgren likes this

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

I like the gauntlet. Muscle car fun without the sh*t handling.

• vw11 likes this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

Either the Phoenix or Ruiner.

anakinroy
  • anakinroy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:14 PM

phoenix

loves the looks

and nvr easy to master how to drive it

Magick
  • Magick

Am I made from my own digital reflection?

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Phoenix all the way

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

Any.

Muscle is probably the only class where vehicles are not extremelly overperforming. They´re enjoyable. I like Sabre for looks, Gauntlet for performance, and Dominator for the horrible balance it has (and the fun that brings).

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

If you want to win races then a Gauntlet, outside that they're all fun in their own way... :)

• vw11 likes this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

If you want to win races then a Gauntlet, outside that they're all fun in their own way... :)

Of all the muscle car races I've been in, I have yet to see a Gauntlet actually win.

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:28 PM Edited by Drummin, 19 December 2013 - 03:29 PM.

Of all the muscle car races I've been in, I have yet to see a Gauntlet actually win.
You must not race much then. Gauntlet, dominator, ruiner. In that order. Not opinion but fact.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

You must not race much then. Gauntlet, dominator, ruiner. In that order. Not opinion but fact.

Maybe assuming the person driving each is exactly as skilled as the others.
In my experiences, people who don't know how to drive pick the Gauntlet and Dominator.

h1r0ll3r
  • h1r0ll3r

Calm and cool with just a hint of psychotic tendencies

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:33 PM

I prefer my fully modded Sabre Turbo. Phoenix is nice but handling is horrible. 

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

In my experiences, people who don't know how to drive pick the Gauntlet and Dominator.

My post is based on catchup being off, like it should be. If you use catchup on, then any of them are fine.

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

Used to be Ruiner, now I got a Vigero. Loads better, more unique car.

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

That is your opinion, not a fact.

It really depends on the track. Dominator is fast in a straight line, but doesn't have the best handling and traction. If the race has a good mix of turns and straights, the Ruiner is the fastest imo. Gauntlet is a very close second, but is preferred because of how stable it is (help with rammers..)

Overall I think the gauntlet is the most reliable car for racing. Ruiner is a beast but can lose control easier when tradin paint or getting bumped/rammed in races, Most definitely the fastest muscle car if you're talking lap times.

Love the Phoenix and sabre turbo but they can't really compete with the dom/gaunt/ruiner.

JustinFudge
  • JustinFudge

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

I like a race my buccaneer. Is a nice car, but not so fast... Is great challeneges to win vs a great racer
  • EarthboundMysfit likes this

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Y'know, I love how the Gauntlet drives. It's a great all around car. But I'm a Mustang enthusiast, my garage is full of cars I don't want to ditch, and I can't bring myself to ditch my Dominator.

Anyone notice how there's like no actual difference between a Dominator and a Stang? Kinda feel like they pushed their luck on that design.

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

That is your opinion, not a fact.

It really depends on the track. Dominator is fast in a straight line, but doesn't have the best handling and traction. If the race has a good mix of turns and straights, the Ruiner is the fastest imo. Gauntlet is a very close second, but is preferred because of how stable it is (help with rammers..)

Overall I think the gauntlet is the most reliable car for racing. Ruiner is a beast but can lose control easier when tradin paint or getting bumped/rammed in races, Most definitely the fastest muscle car if you're talking lap times.

Love the Phoenix and sabre turbo but they can't really compete with the dom/gaunt/ruiner.

Sorry man, but for racing it's the gauntlet. Fact. That car does not slide at all. Every other muscle car does. All I do is race on gta. Fact.

MrYoungGun
  • MrYoungGun

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

I used to use the gauntlet but after some vehicle testing by myself and others we came to the conclusion the ruiner is the best performing muscle car. Since I've owned one I've won about 75% of my races with it.

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:43 PM

people who can't drive should go with whatever car is fastest in a straight line. Cars like the gauntlet and ruiner with better traction can fly around the corners.. But if you suck at corners you don't really take advantage of the extra traction they offer. So at least be fastest on the straights which require a lot less skill .

Used to be Ruiner, now I got a Vigero. Loads better, more unique car.

Not better than the ruiner, but I love the vigero also. Feels nice and light, sounds/looks great and is pretty quick.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:46 PM

My post is based on catchup being off, like it should be. If you use catchup on, then any of them are fine.

I've never raced with catch up on.  My post is based on observation.

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:47 PM Edited by chad_kal, 19 December 2013 - 03:49 PM.

I used to use the gauntlet but after some vehicle testing by myself and others we came to the conclusion the ruiner is the best performing muscle car. Since I've owned one I've won about 75% of my races with it.

try telling drummin that.. Apparently gauntlet > ruiner = fact

And I f*ckin LOVE the gauntlet, it just doesn't have the pace of the ruiner. Ruiner is the best, not even a question

Been in over 1,000 races on gta. Fact
Won over half of them. Fact
Ruiner the quickest muscle car. Fact

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:49 PM Edited by Drummin, 19 December 2013 - 03:51 PM.

And I f*ckin LOVE the gauntlet, it just doesn't have the pace of the ruiner. Ruiner is the fastest muscle car= FACT
I have over 1200 races, unfortunately I know what I'm talking about.

I'm also over having to put "IMO" . So deal with it.

If my xbox didn't just take a sh*t I would prove it to you but...

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

And I f*ckin LOVE the gauntlet, it just doesn't have the pace of the ruiner. Ruiner is the fastest muscle car= FACT
sounds like we aren't gonna change each other's mind. Just keep driving around slower than you should be I guess..

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Village Idiot

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

Gauntlet for the win

fact!

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:53 PM

Oh and Entity > everything else. Lol

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

Driving in small circles in an entity over and over doesn't quite make you an expert on anything.

chad_kal
  • chad_kal

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

If anyone still thinks the gauntlet is faster.. Just pick a good track and give it 4-5 laps with the gauntlet, then do the same with the ruiner and look at the improvement in lap times, there's your answer!

Drummin
  • Drummin

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:57 PM Edited by Drummin, 19 December 2013 - 04:00 PM.

Driving in small circles in an entity over and over doesn't quite make you an expert on anything.
Lol I don't CR man too boring. I like graveyard shift, dipping in, ring of fire, commute, 68, cutting coroners.

Least favorites: Dock ring, CR, I think that's it.

Not much of an off road races basically because sandking is so slow. I think we can all agree the sandking is the slowest off road vehicle lol

Beach Bum Bandit
  • Beach Bum Bandit

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

What's a fully modded picador like? I found one and tried it in a race and got owned but without the upgrades.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users