Photo

Bury the Hatchet: Trevor's POV

17 replies to this topic
Billybob217
  • Billybob217

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

I replayed the mission Bury the Hatchet today but i was Trevor when I chose to replay the mission, which caused me to play the mission through Trevor's point of view. At first i thought this was a glitch because the car he was in disappeared and i couldn't see Michael running after me. I ended up driving to Trevor's airfield and calling Ron and flying to North Yankton. I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this? Is it supposed to happen because me and everyone i know did the mission as Michael. 

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

That's normal. You can also start the mission using Trevor.

• TheRealCMPUNKFan and XenoxX like this

MadDasher
  • MadDasher

Professional Driver

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

You can also start the missions as Franklin. This causes you to walk in on Michael and Trevor fighting with Trevor storming out, Franklin gets upset and shoots Michael in the face. Franklin then goes after Trevor and goes to the graveyard. Here Franklin sends his dog after Trevor who bites him in the d***. He then keeps hitting Trevor until he stops moving. After realizing what he has done he calls Lamar and Lester to have a three-way. They both decline and call him gay. After that Franklin gets in a plane and crashes it into the Maze tower ending the story line. You then have to start the campaign all over again. Owh and the Epsilon leader guy was there too just sucking his own b****...

• universetwisters, CynicalRise, Shao Kahn and 6 others like this

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

You can also start the missions as Franklin. This causes you to walk in on Michael and Trevor fighting with Trevor storming out, Franklin gets upset and shoots Michael in the face. Franklin then goes after Trevor and goes to the graveyard. Here Franklin sends his dog after Trevor who bites him in the d***. He then keeps hitting Trevor until he stops moving. After realizing what he has done he calls Lamar and Lester to have a three-way. They both decline and call him gay. After that Franklin gets in a plane and crashes it into the Maze tower ending the story line. You then have to start the campaign all over again. Owh and the Epsilon leader guy was there too just sucking his own b****...

You're trying too hard.

• The Mysterious One, Jax765, Mr_Leone and 7 others like this

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

Yeah you can do missions from the point of view of different characters, sometimes it results in a longer cutscene, other times it involves in a slightly different mission, as can be seen in Bury The Hatchet. 

I did it through Michael's POV though, and I'm glad I did. That little flashback he has with the awesome music was one of my favourite points in the story and I think I'd have felt the story was weaker had I not witnessed it. Although Trevor's POV has the benefit of resembling the St Marks Bistro mission from SA, which is a nice callback. 

Billybob217
  • Billybob217

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

Alright we sort of had a suspicition that you would be able to enter the mission as trevor which resulted in his point of view, we never noticed haha thanks for your feedback guys

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:33 AM

Well sh*t I didn't know this. Is there any other missions like this?

sukmieazz
  • sukmieazz

Put out to pasture

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:41 AM

Yeah, this is the biggest example of the ability to start a mission with different protagonists and have it affect the mission. I originally did it with Michael, but replayed the mission with Trevor and accidentally discovered this.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:04 AM

We REALLY need a list of missions with varying points-of-view. It would make replaying the missions much more worth the time.

• CanOdope and SmokesWithCigs like this

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:44 PM

I discovered something in this mission that might be a bug. I went to Michaels house as Trevor, Michaels car was outside and I hit it hard with Trevors truck, pushing Michaels Tailgater far into the garden. Then I started the mission as Trevor. I then skipped the cutscene and I spawned as Trevor in Michaels car driving it. Was weird cause I assumed I was playing as Michael since I also could hear Michaels voice but the character was Trevor and I was instructed to drive to the Sandy Shores airfield.

pedinhuh
  • pedinhuh

Wanna play with me on PS4? Add me: rph_brasil

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:44 PM

We REALLY need a list of missions with varying points-of-view. It would make replaying the missions much more worth the time.

That's the only mission which you can start from two  different POVs and have that affect the way the mission plays out.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:14 PM

That's the only mission which you can start from two  different POVs and have that affect the way the mission plays out.

Yep.

And the few that can start from other character's views you can lose out on some dialogue, which I don't like so I go as whoever starts the cutscenes and pick Michael for this one as it makes more sense seeing the Chinese are coming after him. Though it is cool seeing Coach come crashing out the window as you pull up with Franklin

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:19 PM

I discovered something in this mission that might be a bug. I went to Michaels house as Trevor, Michaels car was outside and I hit it hard with Trevors truck, pushing Michaels Tailgater far into the garden. Then I started the mission as Trevor. I then skipped the cutscene and I spawned as Trevor in Michaels car driving it. Was weird cause I assumed I was playing as Michael since I also could hear Michaels voice but the character was Trevor and I was instructed to drive to the Sandy Shores airfield.

Just about to replay this mission. Did it the first couple times with Michael during my original play through two years ago and again just now.

Started replay as Trevor and I am indeed in Michael's stolen car with Trevor driving.

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister
  • Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:39 PM

We will try start the mission as our GTA online characters next. If possible from our side

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 January 2016 - 06:07 PM

Just about to replay this mission. Did it the first couple times with Michael during my original play through two years ago and again just now.

Started replay as Trevor and I am indeed in Michael's stolen car with Trevor driving.

I always did the mission with Michael. I am definitely going to try it now as Trevor thanks to this awesome thread. Thanks, CaptainMental! I had no idea this would happen.

• CaptainMental likes this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:25 PM Edited by SuperJude™, 26 January 2016 - 11:15 PM.

I must say I hate this mission.

Trying for Gold using Free Aim is grating on my nerves. I guess I should pick Accuracy first then time later because both is making me want to stop playing SP.

Half this mission is travel time regardless of who you start with. As Trevor, it's just stupid, it's like a Heist where you have to driver halfway across the map, then fly halfway across the map before the mission even starts!

As Michael you are stuck having to rob a car, lose to cops, drive to the Airport BUT NO not THAT waypoint that was just a joke you now have to drive to the upper portion of the airport because, what, coding that was too hard? No, just wasting another minute.

Then you drive. Then you fly back as Trevor.

This reminds me of old PS1/PS2 games that didn't have the capacity for mid level saves. Hugely long mission, tons of travel time with your GOLD achievements buried right in the middle, pun intended.

No way to skip through anything.

I have tried watching videos but they are all Auto Aim based, no help for me since "hold aim, tap up slightly" isn't in my repertoire.

I have it in my head that I am going to GOLD every mission but this one? This is killing that desire. I've spent 2 hours on this f*cking mission and still haven't gotten GOLD.

That's not fun, that's a job.

Any hints from fellow Free Aimers on both time and accuracy, please help!

Side Note: I think some of my bullet hits aren't counting. Are they hitting the snow? Misreading headshots? Closest I've come to GOLD is 75% out of 80% and I swear swear swear I didn't miss 25% of my shots!

EDIT: Accuracy achieved by stopping first and purchasing Armor (which should be an in lobby option when replaying missions kind of like Online).

Time?

I just got 11:02.

that's such a flagrant f*ck YOU to me as a gamer I'm really struggling with this.

Like, trying to figure where I can save 2 seconds is the kind of sh*t that makes me realize I'm playing a game that's going on 3 years old, designed for a last generation console.

Ugh.

Obviously if you read this far you know how awfully frustrated I am with this and now questioning why I'm trying for GOLD.

Figuring where I can save 2 seconds isn't fun nor is it skill based, it's the game sending too many cops after me vs every other replay and the game waiting to give me the "Mission Complete" message as I sit there in a f*cking airplane.

sh*tty mission which sucks because this story plotline is so central to the overall story GTA V is trying to tell.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:06 PM

Got this done and for any Free Aim people: Snow WILL ruin your %%!

Always go for headshots of course but this level, the guys seem to react with that "head move down to the side" thing more than other levels. You will end up shooting someone in the neck. They will fall down. You will shoot them again and even kill them BUT if your bullet passes through the snow this won't count as a hit.

Weird bit of coding.

%% - I just took my time and multiple tries + remembering snow ruins accuracy rating.

Time - I got lucky. I shot up one van, it exploded and the two guys from the other van had run over and got caught in the explosion so I killed 4 guys with one go. Then I just sprayed a lot of ammo with the AK while running towards the gate.

Story - GREAT part of the story for sure, just too bad they buried the Gold Achievement stuff in the middle of a lot of cut scenes and driving.

Went back and played without the stress of trying to Gold and it's an excellent storyline with a very basic shootout buried in the middle.

Reminds me that Michael really IS a scumbag!!!

VenomsnakeVII
  • VenomsnakeVII

Owner of L.S. Locos Customs

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:57 PM

why bump a nearly 3 year old thread

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users