Photo

Do we want heists back in GTAVI?

6 replies to this topic
Ultim8 Z0mb13
  • Ultim8 Z0mb13

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

I think Rockstar have a problem here. They will definitely want to bring missions with the planning and prep work back again, but if it's just heists and robberies it will feel recycled.

Personally, what I think they should have done with V was have no antagonist and crafted a story of the corruption of the high life, maybe have the three heroes strike it rich then start being the a**holes and creating the tension that way. This game didn't really need an antagonist, and at times we struggled to see who it really was until option C was like "oh kill these people and you're good." Having no actual goal for the plot would have been a brave move but Dan Houser's writing would have totally justified it. Just make a game purely about robbing people and ego tripping as a result. 

Anyway, do you want heists back in GTA VI?

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Street Cat

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:47 PM

It would be nice if they implemented heists with ACTUAL planning and prep work, so the game lets you play in your own play style. In V you just have the illusion of planning. They are so linear no matter what you choose it's always the same scripted event or outcome. While some of the missions were fun, I always felt the game had control.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

Not an argument mainly focused in heists, but some good robberies that fit with the storyline could be nice.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

Not as the main theme, no. I would not want to seem return in that way. It was brilliantly done in GTA V at the start, but the later heists just lost that shine in my view. 

I would like to see heists return in the next GTA in the form of one major mission in the story, and mini heists as a set of replayable side missions. 

I would prefer for the next GTA to be focused on the drug trade and building up a criminal and legitimate empire. The classic GTA stuff. 

• MythicalCreature likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:44 AM

I don't want it centred around heists again, however if you had a one-off job like VC or IV, then yes I would love it.

Or possibly implement some side mission where you recruite some of your protagonist's friends and just hold up a small Fleeca bank for $50,000 to $100,000.
  • MythicalCreature likes this

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:46 AM

Yes but the heist planning missions shouldn't count. Seriousily at first you think 69 missions is fine and then you buy masks for a heist, another mission down which can be done in 10 seconds. Wasn't impressed with this which is why I'm looking forward to some story dlc.

MythicalCreature
  • MythicalCreature

My wings are useless

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

Only if it returns as one notable heist mission from the storyline where you can plan it. But there should be similar heist side missions too where you choose the time, location and planning.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users