Anyone else feel the...

34 replies to this topic
cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

I have a degree in Helicopter Crashology just sayin'

Haha, you embarrassed yourself and now you're "trolling" to cover yo ass. 

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:51 PM Edited by Cicero The Great, 19 December 2013 - 05:55 PM.

I'm a little confused what people think is realistic.
I will just say: in V if you break off rotors or tail, when you take a tiny impact the heli explodes, even if you fall like 10 feet - This is not realistic, just like cars exploding from falling 10 feet and not landing on their wheels.
Sorry old Hollywood film fans (you know, when a car would drive off a steep hill road and randomly explode without hitting anything) but this is not realistic!
IV had decent damage thresholds, V is just fudged (probably so it would run on hardware).

This is coming from someone with a Physics & Engineering Degree and a Mechanical Engineering Degree.

And what are you doing here, sir ?
Discussing physics and mechanics with a bunch of 12 years old, hipsters, nerds and misfits of any kind ?

It's only a videogame, relax yourself
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX likes this

Xx-ADITYA-xX
  • Xx-ADITYA-xX

Blazing Wolves - Crew Leader

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:59 PM

I'm a little confused what people think is realistic.

I will just say: in V if you break off rotors or tail, when you take a tiny impact the heli explodes, even if you fall like 10 feet - This is not realistic, just like cars exploding from falling 10 feet and not landing on their wheels.

Sorry old Hollywood film fans (you know, when a car would drive off a steep hill road and randomly explode without hitting anything) but this is not realistic!

IV had decent damage thresholds, V is just fudged (probably so it would run on hardware).

This is coming from someone with a Physics & Engineering Degree and a Mechanical Engineering Degree.

Yeah what HE SAID! Lol jk, in my opinion GTA V does actually feel a bit like Saints Row 3 for some reason. IV just felt more, I don't know... better.

John Marston
  • John Marston

Rat

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:20 PM

Everytime you crash with a helicopter it explodes, and it feels to scripted... It happens everytime, also with the cars....It doesn't feel as natural as GTA IV did.... Feels more like a sh*tty saints row game.

Must disagree. Saints Row has better car damage physics.

TheMarkofZollo
  • TheMarkofZollo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 09:21 AM

I have a degree in Helicopter Crashology just sayin'

Lol...touché!

And what are you doing here, sir ?

Discussing physics and mechanics with a bunch of 12 years old, hipsters, nerds and misfits of any kind ?

It's only a videogame, relax yourself

I'm discussing the game....

A point i have made a few times: people can say I think... I prefer.... and that is fine as it is their opinion, but effectively saying "X (my opinion) is realistic" isn't correct.

I'm just here to point out what is and isn't realistic when someone poses the point (and often in the form of "I think this is/isn't realistic").

I viewed this topic because I agree, it is annoying that several vehicles in this game explode from taking a tiny bit of damage if not landing on their normal axis, and more importantly it is annoying because it was really well done in IV.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users