Photo

Anyone else feel the...

34 replies to this topic
Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:04 AM

Everytime you crash with a helicopter it explodes, and it feels to scripted... It happens everytime, also with the cars....It doesn't feel as natural as GTA IV did.... Feels more like a sh*tty saints row game.

• tom_p1980, Xx-ADITYA-xX, WildBrick142 and 2 others like this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:19 AM

mmm go out, get a helicopter, crash it, see what happen...

is not scripted is a bit realistic.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

OP: "Everytime you crash with a helicopter it explodes, and it feels to scripted..."
lolllll :lol:

• GTAboob likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:36 AM

What I'm saying is, even the slightest bump makes your helicopter explodes. It feels to scripted. This didn't happen with GTA IV. In GTA IV if you crashed a little, your wings would break, and you fall down and then it explodes.

And if they are trying to make it more realistic as you say, THEN WHY THE f*ck DID THEY MAKE THE DRIVING LESS REALISTIC!!!

• Xx-ADITYA-xX likes this

Sasqui
  • Sasqui

Gangsta sh*t

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:49 AM

What I'm saying is, even the slightest bump makes your helicopter explodes. It feels to scripted. This didn't happen with GTA IV. In GTA IV if you crashed a little, your wings would break, and you fall down and then it explodes.

And if they are trying to make it more realistic as you say, THEN WHY THE f*ck DID THEY MAKE THE DRIVING LESS REALISTIC!!!

In GTA IV, you could crash a helicopter into a building at full speed and leave with a dent and some smoke.
  • GTAboob likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

In GTA IV, you could crash a helicopter into a building at full speed and leave with a dent and some smoke.

Exactly because the wings are the first thing to hit the building thus more realistic.

Delanto
  • Delanto

That's my line ya' dumb twit!

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:34 AM

So what you are trying to convey is that, helicopters should not explode when colliding with an object? They do not, if you hit it light enough or your rotor blades come into contact with something, you won't explode. If you crash into something at a higher speed, you'll explode...pretty fair and realistic I would say. If you don't like hitting things, fly higher, you won't run out of sky! 

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:35 AM

I never crash my helicopters.

:cool:

• Luddite likes this

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

Pretty much everything is scripted, I don't know what they were thinking, but many aspects are scripted instead of dynamic. Most things in GTA IV were dynamic, but for some reason they didn't want dynamic in GTA V... So much for the 'open world' you're supposed to have... Oh, helicopter tails can't even break off anymore, why would they remove that?

matajuegos01
  • matajuegos01

Stalker

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:44 AM

oh for god's sake this game never intended to be realistic, so this is freaking pointless, rockstar should stick with something instead of making a mess

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:48 AM Edited by BBQ RIBS, 19 December 2013 - 05:50 AM.

Rockstar this, Rockstar that. You shouldn't crash your aircraft to begin with.

So natural means it should just bounce off the building instead of blowing up.

I understand things like melee but no la chingues.

ChrisFley
  • ChrisFley

Aye

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:50 AM

Pretty much everything is scripted, I don't know what they were thinking, but many aspects are scripted instead of dynamic. Most things in GTA IV were dynamic, but for some reason they didn't want dynamic in GTA V... So much for the 'open world' you're supposed to have... Oh, helicopter tails can't even break off anymore, why would they remove that?

Helicopter tails can break off. Happened to me.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:09 AM Edited by GamerShotgun, 19 December 2013 - 06:10 AM.

Rockstar this, Rockstar that. You shouldn't crash your aircraft to begin with.

So natural means it should just bounce off the building instead of blowing up.

I understand things like melee but no la chingues.

I like how everyone just misunderstands the OP and starts a little rant about their own stupidity.

Pardon me? I don't remember these kind of things. Last time I've checked...

https://www.youtube....z6cjgzhVA#t=255

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

Helicopter tails can break off. Happened to me.

Yep same here, it just takes more force now.

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:14 AM

Note to self:

Crash some helicopters.

Mr. Rocko
  • Mr. Rocko

Beep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:15 AM

Lol exactly

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

If you drive a helicopter into a building - yes - you're in deep trouble.

Here is a good example of what can happen if the rotor blade hits something:

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

IMO

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

OP: "Everytime you crash with a helicopter it explodes, and it feels to scripted..."
lolllll :lol:

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

Exactly because the wings are the first thing to hit the building thus more realistic.

Ahhhhh now I see,  "Wings",  the thing you are describing is a plane.

ezfaun
  • ezfaun

Drive

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:33 PM

Just shut the hell up. Your posts are always one sided and biased anyways. #inb4ureply

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

How is smashing into a bulding, with a fiberglass helicopter, at 40+ MPH and not exploding realistic?  Are you a f*cking helicopter crash physicist?  Do you crash helicopters for a living?  How many helicopter crashes have you observed?

My personal common sense says if a helicopter slaps a building in even a slight manner, it'd probably go down from bending blades, or being made of plastic/fiberglass, IDK.

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

How is smashing into a bulding, with a fiberglass helicopter, at 40+ MPH and not exploding realistic?  Are you a f*cking helicopter crash physicist?  Do you crash helicopters for a living?  How many helicopter crashes have you observed?

My personal common sense says if a helicopter slaps a building in even a slight manner, it'd probably go down from bending blades, or being made of plastic/fiberglass, IDK.

Its wings would not be touched though

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:54 PM

You know what is scripted?

Boarding the Merryweather Cargo Plane, hit the fighters behind you with your wings, knifeflight between the skyscrapers, crashdive to Sandy Shores Airstrip, gear out, soft landing, coming to halt, wings fall off BAM mission failed, Trevor is dead.

Or: Landing at LS Airport, gear out, soft landing, wings fall off BAM mission failed, Trevor is dead.

I think this much crack make Trevor faint of heart when the wings fall off.

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

"Blades" dagnibbity! Helicopters and autogyros have "blades."

Even "propeller" would make me cringe less than "wings." Some actually have wings. Little stubby ones.

Sorry for getting all wierd and semantical.

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

Hmm.. Stuff like that happens in the real world. But.. I do understand what you mean. The helicopter crashing's are slightly over exaggerated. Same with the cars. Normally, they wouldn't explode like that. They would be in a huge wreck, but the majority of the cars which have been in those circumstances haven't automatically exploded and caused a huge explosion.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:25 PM

1. OP is bad at helicopter.

2. Helicopter is bad at damage threshold.

C. There is no C. 

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:28 PM

_53434613_jex_1077565_de27-1.jpg

• Xx-ADITYA-xX and Luddite like this

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:31 PM

_53434613_jex_1077565_de27-1.jpg

In this case, the blades would still get trashed before the wings were even touched.  Nice try.

TheMarkofZollo
  • TheMarkofZollo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

I'm a little confused what people think is realistic.

I will just say: in V if you break off rotors or tail, when you take a tiny impact the heli explodes, even if you fall like 10 feet - This is not realistic, just like cars exploding from falling 10 feet and not landing on their wheels.

Sorry old Hollywood film fans (you know, when a car would drive off a steep hill road and randomly explode without hitting anything) but this is not realistic!

IV had decent damage thresholds, V is just fudged (probably so it would run on hardware).

This is coming from someone with a Physics & Engineering Degree and a Mechanical Engineering Degree.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:12 PM

I have a degree in Helicopter Crashology just sayin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users