So R* caters to the tank drivers....

68 replies to this topic
Cragovich
  • Cragovich

The Division.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Tanks are quite easy to damage with bullets. Granted it takes a sh*t load. They should make it able sure you're able to snipe the driver my adding a little view port to the front.

Everytime I get my tank I just go on a cop killing spree. There's no point spawn killing other players. It's no fun and a serious dickmove. Although a few PV's have been reduced to ash if I see them approaching me.

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Dottie
  • Dottie

So Predictable

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

I drive the tank to get some peace and quiet from you auto-aim lowbie peasants. Im not shootin (most of the time) if you dont try to tank ram or shoot me. But once i little peasant bullet even comes in my direction, its the O right there. all day err day.

NDE108
  • NDE108

Real Talk

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

If you haven't figured out how to deal with tanks by now...

LOL

Funny+Baby+Crying_1.jpg

• Ninja_Gear likes this

Tassimo
  • Tassimo

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

its fun to be the withe knight, i come with my tank and kill the other tank. if you only got the first hit you will win.. just sneak up onto him.. then spawnkill him.. or he goes off radar to his tank again.. and its become a tank war :)

Dottie
  • Dottie

So Predictable

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Awesome Tank story

my friend and I hop in tanks

we spawn kill a level 21 about 20 times each

friends tank blows up from cops

I give my friend my tank to continue the spawn killing

that tank is gone due to cops

my friend and I keep spawn killing that lowbie on foot

lowbie texts *I have something for you*

2 minutes later i see a jet. it crashes a block away

I text that lowbie *is that it? sad*

lowbie rages & leaves

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

yeah, f*cking tanks

IMO they shouldn't even be in the game if they're going to do it like this

a sticky or 2 should disable a tank

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:18 PM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 19 December 2013 - 02:20 PM.

Awesome Tank story

my friend and I hop in tanks

we spawn kill a level 21 about 20 times each

friends tank blows up from cops

I give my friend my tank to continue the spawn killing

that tank is gone due to cops

my friend and I keep spawn killing that lowbie on foot

lowbie texts *I have something for you*

2 minutes later i see a jet. it crashes a block away

I text that lowbie *is that it? sad*

lowbie rages & leaves

I got a story to

level 220 with his friend a level 160 come crashing down the lobby in tanks, I almost got hit with my Entity, got mad so i stole a jet, took me 3 minutes to kill all of them and spawn killed them with my jet 'i'm a great aimer' then i let them get new tanks, but what happens next was a surprise. They invited a level 190 and he came after me with his own jet 'must have gone off rader to get it' Anyway, long story short, took about 10 sec because he was eating dust, killed all tanks again including one of his friend trying to protect his tank with a buzzard and guy starts threatening he knows hackers that will F up my account, i report him, grief him some more and they all left.

High levels can get so mad over such things because they think they're god or something. I like to show them my thunder of wrath, fresh from the Jets cannon.

Also Tanks are pretty fun to use, however its ruined by noobs and griefers and even more by people attacking the tanks for no reason.

They should not be removed. People should get a hold of themself and addapt.

• Dottie and NuklerGhost101838 like this

Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Tanks4lyf
#YOLO
#SWAG
#REKT
  • hark80 likes this

smil0
  • smil0

<3

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:22 PM

a tank costs around 20$. you buy a tank with shark cards and then you cant' use it properly? imagine the rants that ruckstar would receive.

Dottie
  • Dottie

So Predictable

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Another tank story that happened recently

Im just blowing up cops n peasants in a free roam

*suddenly a wild buzzard appears* 

buzzard hovers right on top of me shoots a rocket AND MISSED

i just say *b!tch please* turn around and barrel stuffed that buzzard (the cannon was a bout 5 feet away from his buzzard)

i just keep goin

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:43 PM

i just say *b!tch please* turn around and barrel stuffed that buzzard (the cannon was a bout 5 feet away from his buzzard)

i just keep goin

wow you're so hardcore.

Dottie
  • Dottie

So Predictable

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

i just keep goin

wow you're so hardcore.

sp_1002_01_m4.jpg

THEAAAAAANKS

Coyteria
  • Coyteria

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

You need a sniper and roof top.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

i just keep goin

You do know that shooting up a targer 5 ft away damages your tank badly right? I've had tanks exploding themselfs for shooting at me way to close when i was running around them. They don't seem to understand that a few close up shots of themself will kill them.

UnicornAssassin
  • UnicornAssassin

Soldier

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by UnicornAssassin, 19 December 2013 - 02:58 PM.

I need a god damn Jet every time I log in it seems.
Gonna have to dig up some vids to learn how to access me one.

I'm assuming you already know that you have to get to Fort Zancudo to get a jet (well, you do). And I'm assuming you know how to get in there (light plane or helicopter is the best). The best advice I can give on getting a jet and keeping it (and staying alive in it) for more than ten seconds is this: always take the jet which is in the hangar - never the ones sitting out in the open. 

SimonSickboy
  • SimonSickboy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

Other than that a friendly tank driver is just a myth.

Not true.

Yesterday a guy was going on rambo in a tank killing everyone and after multiple attempts to destroy the tank using both a grenade launcher and stickies i was about to rage quit when a fire engine drove past.
In my madness i hoped in and drove straight at the tank with the water cannon firing. He "sniffed" me out like a cat using the turrent and then drove off. No-one else was killed by that tank for a good hour.

Moral of the story: Tank drivers are friendly, they are hidden under a layer of asshole dirt.

Farmer-smurf-420
  • Farmer-smurf-420

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

why does anyone play with these tank nerds?

just find a new session leave them to play tank wars together.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:01 PM

Okay, lets put aside the discussion on whether tanks should be in the game or not. 

Does anyone else think the tank should not be cheaper than the Titan, Buzzard or Dump Truck? The tank should be the most expensive vehicle.

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:08 PM

Tanks are useful, earlier today I was just adding some new shizzle to the now awesome sandking and as I roll out of the modshop a grenade lands on my car. I get blown up and hear laughter over the mic. Fair enough it's GTA what do you expect,I  respawned in passive mode and as I was phoning Mors to get my car back I get run over, more laughter over the mic. 

I check out the two culprits, both low levels so I phone pegasus and get my tank out. I spend the next 20 mins hunting and taking out these two kids who think it's funny to kill people when they are defenceless and playing passively.

There was a lot of satisfaction on my side when I blew up the Entity they were driving in and there wasn't a claim made against me. I continued to hound them and killed them 5 or 6 times each until they got the message and left the server.

I used to hate tanks on a server until I earned enough to buy one, now I use it for revenge when noobs act like dicks. 

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

Tanks are useful, earlier today I was just adding some new shizzle to the now awesome sandking and as I roll out of the modshop a grenade lands on my car. I get blown up and hear laughter over the mic. Fair enough it's GTA what do you expect,I  respawned in passive mode and as I was phoning Mors to get my car back I get run over, more laughter over the mic. 

I check out the two culprits, both low levels so I phone pegasus and get my tank out. I spend the next 20 mins hunting and taking out these two kids who think it's funny to kill people when they are defenceless and playing passively.

There was a lot of satisfaction on my side when I blew up the Entity they were driving in and there wasn't a claim made against me. I continued to hound them and killed them 5 or 6 times each until they got the message and left the server.

I used to hate tanks on a server until I earned enough to buy one, now I use it for revenge when noobs act like dicks. 

Did you bounty them before blowing them sky high? Or are there new tank-player rules about blowing up vehicles?

Squirrel__Army
  • Squirrel__Army

XDBX

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

I know they have tweaked the rules, I've hardly had any insurance claims against me since the last update. Only one was when I accidentally blew up a crew members Elegy.  

Dottie
  • Dottie

So Predictable

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:25 PM

If we could buy jets too......

NuklerGhost101838
  • NuklerGhost101838

All men die; Few men ever really LIVE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Tanks themselves are not the problem, it all boils down to who is operating them. Things can get out of hand if they are used for trolling.. which seems to be the norm with tanks. However, a few people just use them because they're relatively safer if they're in an armored vehicle, whereas cars leave you more exposed.

To those who say the tank is too overpowered...that's the point of it. It IS an incredibly powerful, moving piece of heavy artillery. Getting to know how to take them out is part of the fun.

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

I need a god damn Jet every time I log in it seems.
Gonna have to dig up some vids to learn how to access me one.

I'm assuming you already know that you have to get to Fort Zancudo to get a jet (well, you do). And I'm assuming you know how to get in there (light plane or helicopter is the best). The best advice I can give on getting a jet and keeping it (and staying alive in it) for more than ten seconds is this: always take the jet which is in the hangar - never the ones sitting out in the open.

Thanks brother. Thanks for that.
if I wasn't so focused on my K/D ratio...the tanks wouldn't matter to me as much.
Who knows when I will make an attempt at the Jet....maybe next week when Im on vacation!! Ill be GTA5ing like a f*cking champ next week!!

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:46 PM Edited by Zwenkwiel, 19 December 2013 - 03:47 PM.

NuklerGhost101838, on 19 Dec 2013 - 4:36 PM, said:NuklerGhost101838, on 19 Dec 2013 - 4:36 PM, said:

To those who say the tank is too overpowered...that's the point of it. It IS an incredibly powerful, moving piece of heavy artillery. Getting to know how to take them out is part of the fun.

no it isn't not in any decent multiplayer game at least

they should have very high offensive capabilities but there should also be weaknesses such as it's slow speed (not really in this game), limited visibility (not in this game) and certain weakspots (none, besides the sniper which only works in very specific situations (and requires level 90).

If I manage to get up close and sticky bomb the tank it should be disabled, serves the tank right for not shooting me when he had the chance

it's just plain ridiculous how well armorerd tanks are in this game.

we really need like shaped charges or anti tank weapons if you ask me. (

if there's criminals who have acces to tanks there should be criminals who have anti tank weapons, only makes sense

Dottie
  • Dottie

So Predictable

• Facade Corporation
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:50 PM

NuklerGhost101838, on 19 Dec 2013 - 4:36 PM, said:NuklerGhost101838, on 19 Dec 2013 - 4:36 PM, said:

no it isn't not in any decent multiplayer game at least

they should have very high offensive capabilities but there should also be weaknesses such as it's slow speed (not really in this game), limited visibility (not in this game) and certain weakspots (none, besides the sniper which only works in very specific situations (and requires level 90).

If I manage to get up close and sticky bomb the tank it should be disabled, serves the tank right for not shooting me when he had the chance

it's just plain ridiculous how well armorerd tanks are in this game.

we really need like shaped charges or anti tank weapons if you ask me. (

if there's criminals who have acces to tanks there should be criminals who have anti tank weapons, only makes sense

Theyre not ridiculously armoured at all. This isnt WWI. its 2013. if the rhino was based on on M1 Abrams, it would be unstoppable. not even another abrams would destroy it. The rhino in GTA is relatively easy to destroy compared to actual modern tanks.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Tanks are dumb...

Ya sure, its fun to go on mindless sramapge in single player killing cop.s

But when every little noob automatically runs to his tank in free roam is just makes the game dull.  This is supposed to be GTA not Tank Wars.

I have a Tank.  I used it once and it was just lame.... Tanks are for little whiney bitches.  End of story.

ThatG
  • ThatG

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:05 PM

You could, without a sniper, shoot someone out of the tank, i got a few days ago by the police

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:08 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 19 December 2013 - 04:09 PM.

Another incorrect "TANK DRIVERS KILL EVERYONE ON SIGHT!!!!!" thread.

Translation: "OP has been killed by a tank (possibly by driving into it and/or after throwing a ton of grenades at it, or shooting it with my pistol) so now must go online and complain"

YES there are wankers in tanks.  There are also wankers in cars and on foot.  Some people are just wankers online.

That does not mean that everyone in a tank is the same.

• Squirrel__Army likes this

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:18 PM Edited by SetOnFire, 19 December 2013 - 04:19 PM.

Another incorrect "TANK DRIVERS KILL EVERYONE ON SIGHT!!!!!" thread.

Translation: "OP has been killed by a tank (possibly by driving into it and/or after throwing a ton of grenades at it, or shooting it with my pistol) so now must go online and complain"

YES there are wankers in tanks.  There are also wankers in cars and on foot.  Some people are just wankers online.

That does not mean that everyone in a tank is the same.

This.

People cry about anything that doesn't go their ways, and are ever so prone to exaggeration.

You can be killed hundreds of ways in this game, many being extremely unfair. And some assholes are going to capitalize on thats no matter what you do.

In other words, arseholes are going to arseholes. Nothing can be done about that. Starting to paint everyone with the same brush is not going to help the situation.

• Furry_Monkey likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users