Photo

So R* caters to the tank drivers....

68 replies to this topic
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:31 AM

And not the people getting murdered by the tanks?  So a tank is godmode?  Buzzards don't do crap because chances are that a tank has cops on them, and if someone has cops on them, the buzzard is useless.  You can't use sticky bombs because the tanks go unrealistically fast.  So how do you kill anyone in a tank?  You can't.  It's bs how they think tanks need a buffing when we are the ones who get killed 40+ times in a row because some tank is blowing up every car in sight.

• HarveyBest likes this

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 19 December 2013 - 02:34 AM.

Well the fighter jets at fort zancudo can kill tanks in only a very few shots of its cannon around 3 shots I'd say...cuz dem explosive rounds.

No one ever goes to get one though, they just whine. 

Makes tank drivers rage quit servers if someone decent at flying the jets and shooting targets goes after them.

• NDE108 likes this

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

So a tank is godmode?

Yes.

u mad bro ?

• SWAG MoneyMan likes this

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

The Dark Below

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:37 AM Edited by Semperfiman550, 19 December 2013 - 02:38 AM.

They didn't buff the tank :/ They removed a BS game mechanic to stop people from acting like little sh*theads. Other players forcing tank drivers into bad sport is a really low thing to do. They even do it to non hostile players in tanks.. it needed fixing. However i agree tanks needs some kind of easily available counter and i do hope one comes. There is the jet but now it's a pain in the ass to get what with the abundance of NPC tanks and the fact that the NPC jets now follow you post wanted level. Bring back the APC from Gay Tony or give the tank a weak spot.

• NDE108, NukedPratorian, Timely and 1 other like this

Winning001
  • Winning001

They stole my iFruit full of power ballads

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:37 AM

the tank doesnt go unrealistically fast. it just has an unrealistic Over powered acceleration and the turrent spins fast as hell. thats why i like it. you can blow up cars just by swinging the cannon at it :). this thread was obviously created by peasant folk who obviously cannot afford a tank.....

• GTA Banjo and SetOnFire like this

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

People aren't invincible inside of a tank. Snipe the driver out of the tank from a building, i've done it plenty of times. There's a sweet spot in the front and the back of the tank; it takes patience, but eventually you'll find it.

You can also call Lamar and send a mugger after them. The mugger will yank them out of the tank. It doesn't always work, but the dumber tank drivers always fall for it.

• TreFacTor likes this

JayDM420
  • JayDM420

0.14 KD

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

People aren't invincible inside of a tank. Snipe the driver out of the tank from a building, i've done it plenty of times. There's a sweet spot in the front and the back of the tank; it takes patience, but eventually you'll find it.

You can also call Lamar and send a mugger after them. The mugger will yank them out of the tank. It doesn't always work, but the dumber tank drivers always fall for it.

Have you done this recently?

Ever since 1.05 (I think) where they removed the ability to see the player's names while scoping in on them I personally haven't been able to snipe a tank driver. But I was never good at it to begin with and since then I read from a few other people that its pretty much impossible now.

If it still works but you have to guess where/when to shoot then maybe I'll start trying some sniping again

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

The tank hatch is still in the same spot, regardless of whether or not their name is above it.

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:06 AM

I think it's great, us griefers had our rights taken away and we're slowly getting them back :)

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

bumpin uglies!

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

Because you peasants have been attacking tank drivers that don't even attack you  >_>

SoggyLuke
  • SoggyLuke

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:11 AM

Its all good sniping them out of the tank but it doesnt end there does it.. haha they do need nerfing a tad, either that or buff the RPGs etc. The only effective method i have against tanks is have a friend man the missiles on a buzzard and just sit above the tank, they cant do sh*t haha

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:12 AM

I need a god damn Jet every time I log in it seems.
Gonna have to dig up some vids to learn how to access me one.

OOM 313
  • OOM 313

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

I'd rather see an LAV/Bradley in game than a tank. 25mm cannon, coax 7.62 and pintle 7.62 up top, 2 TOW missiles. Make it a crew vehicle, use teamwork. And the crusader, replace that with an actual up armored HMMWV with CROW system .50 cal turret.

I just think the tank in game is cheesy and tacky.
  • cwo-reynolds likes this

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:26 AM Edited by brooklyn718, 19 December 2013 - 08:38 AM.

And not the people getting murdered by the tanks?  So a tank is godmode?  Buzzards don't do crap because chances are that a tank has cops on them, and if someone has cops on them, the buzzard is useless.  You can't use sticky bombs because the tanks go unrealistically fast.  So how do you kill anyone in a tank?  You can't.  It's bs how they think tanks need a buffing when we are the ones who get killed 40+ times in a row because some tank is blowing up every car in sight.

You can use sticky bombs, rocket launchers and grenade launchers. The stupid thing is it takes too many rockets or grenades to blow them...it unrealistic. How i get them with sticky bombs is set a trap and lure them in. I would set sticky bombs in the street in front of an ally. Not too close together where the tank user will see the flashing red, but close enough to where itll detonate a mega bomb (about 5 will blow a tank). Being these assholes cant help themselves trying to spawn kill, stand on the bombs until they roar down the street to you, turn and run in the ally (they WILL chase because the dicks cant help themselves again). Once they're over the stickies, BOOOOOM!! theyll never knew what him them...just sit back and enjoy the crying in the mic.
  • Ethereal_NYC likes this

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

Because you peasants have been attacking tank drivers that don't even attack you  >_>

I have been killed by someone in a tank every single time.  So they always attack you.

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:34 AM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 19 December 2013 - 03:36 AM.

Only time a tank driver is friendly is if you snipe him out of his tank and spawn kill him around 20 times and then send him a in-game text saying "did you learn your lesson?" if he kills you, just go passive mode and go ontop of a building and snipe him out the tank again and spawn trap him even more, he'll eventually be nice to you or rage quit the server.

Good way to get the heavy sniper camos too.

Other than that a friendly tank driver is just a myth.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

Yes

Has it finally sunk into everyone now? Or are you going to keep running into tank drivers and crying back here until you drop dead?

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

Running into tank drivers is bitch but tanks camping outside your garage and mors mutual to run over your car and charge you for it is even more bitch.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

blank

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:38 AM

i can just imagine you guys immediately quitting a server if you see a tank lol

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

I do love the attitude of a tank driver - kills me 4-5 times as well as those around me so i get a jet and take him out (first time too, was proud) and said "boom, motherf*cka" as a joke to which he responds that i'm a noob for being in a jet and not getting out to fight on foot, and some other bs.

Noob for passive, noob for annihilating...

• NuklerGhost101838 likes this

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:55 AM

Use a tank...

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

I've only killed one person intentionally while driving my tank  (4 or 5 other unfortunately put themselves in my way).  I just like shooting down police helicopters with it.

Juanfartez
  • Juanfartez

Goofball

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

I whip my tank out all the time now. I don't blast you x number of times. I will pop you once and drive off. If I don't see you on the street I'm not going to be stupid and try to blast you out of a parking garage. And now I LOVE hearing all you little turds screaming WTF when you get the bill and I drive away.  :panic:

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:44 AM

I whip my tank out all the time now. I don't blast you x number of times. I will pop you once and drive off. If I don't see you on the street I'm not going to be stupid and try to blast you out of a parking garage. And now I LOVE hearing all you little turds screaming WTF when you get the bill and I drive away.  :panic:

Youre killing pretty much defenseless people on foot and in cars with a tank, and got the audacity to call someone a "turd"?!!... Id blow your tank to sh*t, and then kill you on the street until you leave the session.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

Youre killing pretty much defenseless people on foot and in cars with a tank, and got the audacity to call someone a "turd"?!!... Id blow your tank to sh*t, and then kill you on the street until you leave the session.

Lol this, seriously.

Doesn't matter if you kill them once, or 1000 times.  You're still using a tank, which means you're not only a target now, but you're a degenerate.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:17 AM

Anti-Tank = Not wealthy enough

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:27 PM

How to kill someone in a tank:

Get at the top of a tall building with a sniper with a enhanced zoom then try to shoot the tank's door at the top.

GTA19281
  • GTA19281

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:37 PM

Oh look, an other not got the Skills to pay the bills. You cry about tanks every day because your sh*t at the game and dont have a tank. Now learn how to adapt to tanks or stop playing online. Its so f*cking simple. 

Panicbacon
  • Panicbacon

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

If a tank is an overwhelming obstacle for you, that's a reflection more on your inability to have even the most basic level of competence. stop whining, grab and sniper rifle and/or call a mugger. You get zero sympathy for being too lazy to play a video game.
  • NDE108 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users