Photo

Tanks v Snipers

9 replies to this topic
thorpey181
  • thorpey181

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:30 AM

Following on from the recent debate splitting the forum into two distinct groups, i.e. those that love tanks and those that love shooting people out of them, who's up for a content created game called tanks v snipers in a part of the inner city and we'll get the people from this forum to have it out to settle the debate. 

Might even turn into a popular game mode! If people are up for it i'll try and make it. 

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:31 AM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 19 December 2013 - 02:32 AM.

The key to sniping someone out of a tank is if they don't know you're going to try and do it and you catch them off guard and keep them from getting in and getting too you...so that won't work favors tanks 2 much since they know the snipers are gonna try it.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

I love both.

Problem ?

trollface_17-403125921.jpg

thorpey181
  • thorpey181

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:37 AM

Yeah true, I was thinking an area with obviously lots of multilevelled rooftops to make it like a game of whack-a-mole, you can't cover all your angles all the time in the tank & snipers on rooftops will have the visual advantage to know when to pop up. 

I'm in the "freemode would be better without tanks" camp myself, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy shooting people out of them..each to their own.

Ayylien
  • Ayylien

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

Well I paid $1.5 million for it, I should be allowed to have with it, without being thrown into bad sport by idiots who ram into me. I used to leave people alone in their PV's, because I know it's just grief having to get them back. There's no harm in killing you if you're just walking around though.

Dottie
  • Dottie

Lambda LPN DTT

• Facade Corporation
  • NATO
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

Assuming 99.9% of people have absolutely no aim what-so-ever because they use auto-aim, tanks FTW. never got sniped out of a tank. always shoot those noobs off of roofs.

thorpey181
  • thorpey181

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:44 AM

Trouble is, most other tank users don't give two sh*ts about PV's like you claim to & being spawnkilled on the occasions it happens is incredibly tedious. I don't ever want to be forced into switching to passive mode on a game like GTA Online, which is pretty much your only option sometimes due to the way the spawning works. 

Having people boom their way around in them in every lobby just ruins the atmosphere and pacing of the game. A huge battle once in a while is fun but it becomes tedious when there is somebody in one in every single lobby you enter, which i've experienced alot recently. 

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:36 AM

i bought a tank and used it once. had about 10-15 kills before someone blew me up. :/

on the other hand, i unlocked the army tint for my heavy sniper in one game and only died twice. :die:

TLDR, sniper FTW.

LBxFinalDeath
  • LBxFinalDeath

Extraordinary Creeper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:44 AM Edited by LBxFinalDeath, 19 December 2013 - 05:54 AM.

Got the army tint for the heavy sniper...but when I spawn trap I get nice and close.

Got the LSPD camo on the AK..orange camo close to LSPD for the M416 and green camo for the Tar-21..and army tint for the combat MG and smg.

When I spawn trap a griefer I go all in and go extremely try hard I admit.

When they get in the tank or try to run to them after they eventually kill me (which in this game is unavoidable) I chase and snipe them before they can get in it or out of it instantly if they make it in..they eventually give up on the tanks and either leave the server or try and kick me and start screaming in game chat for everyone to kick me for "hacking"

Was too nice for far too long and died a lot because of it, now I go after tanks killing people instantly now rather than mind my own bidness. 

But yeah..much prefer sniping them out of tanks than using tanks.

(I don't have much love for tank users if thats not obvious)

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:59 AM

Totally down.

Tank vs Ground Wars seems to be a natural extension of the old Air vs Ground Wars from GTA IV.

• Toke likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users