» «
Photo

The never changing GTA V

20 replies to this topic
Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:14 AM Edited by Anzand17, 19 December 2013 - 02:32 AM.

First off before reading this, this is not a rant. Merely just my thoughts and realization after playing GTA IV. If you V fanboy's are going to flame at a personal opinion then please leave. 

Have you guys ever heard the saying " Its about the journey and not the Destination" ?  I have. And i like that saying when its used in a cinematic video game like Uncharted or The Last Of Us. But in a video game like Grand Theft Auto the saying doesn't go well with it. What i'm saying is that when i finished Grand Theft Auto 5 nothing really changed. I feel like the world is exactly the same as it was when it started. Michael has his One mansion, Trevor has his Trailer, and Franklin... well his character had zero depth at all so i'm just going to ignore him. Of course this is off of option A on the last mission so its more or less biased.

I replayed Grand theft auto IV and I felt like doing the missions actually did something. It did more then just tell a story (and a good one too) It introduced me to friends i can  hangout with after the story, Packie, Jacob, Dwayne, Brucie, and of course the Girls. Liberty city changed as the game went on. I feel like GTA IV had sorta chapters... like one chapter of the game is in Broker, then Bohan, then so on and so forth. When i was fresh in Liberty City i had no idea what was going to happen. I had sh*tty clothes, sh*tty cars, sh*tty rat infested apartment and sh*tty weapons. By the end of the game i had a loft overlooking Algonquin a brand new Turismo and Comet parked outside and a nice shiny desert eagle. 

Not alot changed in Gta V, but hopefully the story DLC will be like a new "Chapter" 

Farewell, Anzand17   :lol:  and Merry x-mas if i don't post anything by then  :santa: :facedesk:

• zielarz119, Ola441, Lukezordz and 1 other like this

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

As much as i love GTA 5 i have to agree with you a little bit. 

• Ninja_Gear, Anzand17 and ReekyAlex like this

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:37 AM

Because they rushed the story, they put no effort into having the world change, it wouldn't be that hard for them to have some of the construction sites around the map show development after completing missions... GTA IV's story had effort put into it, hence why you noticed your character and the city change as you went on. Also, don't support DLC, it's a scam, it's just cut content that you have to buy back. I highly doubt they would change anything, if the base storyline was terrible, why would they put any effort into some cut content?

• Anzand17 and Lukezordz like this

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:44 AM

Depends on how you look at it, but for me the change ins't for the player.

''No matter how cars you own, you ain't changing''

The change was for the protagonists and the characters around them, by the end of the game Michael sorted out the problems with his disfunctional family.

Franklin left the Hood but still hangs out with Lamar and does his everyday thing, he accepted the fact Tanisha left him and he moved on from that.

Trevor accepted the cold hard true that he got betrayed from who he considered was his best friend, yet he was able to forgive him.

• pilscy likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:45 AM

Because they rushed the story, they put no effort into having the world change, it wouldn't be that hard for them to have some of the construction sites around the map show development after completing missions... GTA IV's story had effort put into it, hence why you noticed your character and the city change as you went on. Also, don't support DLC, it's a scam, it's just cut content that you have to buy back. I highly doubt they would change anything, if the base storyline was terrible, why would they put any effort into some cut content?

Although I agree with the OP on some points but explain to me how did the city change as you went on?

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:54 AM

The change was for the protagonists and the characters around them, by the end of the game Michael sorted out the problems with his disfunctional family.

Franklin left the Hood but still hangs out with Lamar and does his everyday thing, he accepted the fact Tanisha left him and he moved on from that.

Trevor accepted the cold hard true that he got betrayed from who he considered was his best friend, yet he was able to forgive him.

I feel like all the missions in gta v didnt really do anything. I felt like they were pointless.  In gta to get a nice house and nice cars and weapons i had to work hard and be a hired gun.. but in Gta v the story was fine the way it was then you made a problem you had to fix. in gta 4 you started with a problem. Its confusing you probably wont understand what i'm trying to say.

Rottenecards_4414835_x72k3gzhxp.png

I said if your going to be a fanboy and not accept people have different opinions then get out. Your so immature.  Also sorry for double posting

Gregers08
  • Gregers08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:54 AM

One thing that probably made you feel that way was the whole map being open from the get go. I liked the fact that they locked islands in previous games since it gave you something to look forward to but I understand why they didn't do it for this game since the map is just one big piece of land this time and not multiple islands.

• Anzand17 likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:55 AM Edited by killahmatic, 19 December 2013 - 02:55 AM.

What i'm saying is that when i finished Grand Theft Auto 5 nothing really changed. 

I replayed Grand theft auto IV and I felt like doing the missions actually did something. 

Thats fair. However, IV really didn't change either. At least V eventually gave you hangars and military vehicles. Go back to III and Vice City and they really didn't change much either. 

No game really seemed to change as much as SA did, but that could possibly be the way I imagined it. 

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

What i'm saying is that when i finished Grand Theft Auto 5 nothing really changed. 

I replayed Grand theft auto IV and I felt like doing the missions actually did something. 

Thats fair. However, IV really didn't change either. At least V eventually gave you hangars and military vehicles. Go back to III and Vice City and they really didn't change much either. 

No game really seemed to change as much as SA did, but that could possibly be the way I imagined it. 

So IV didnt change because in V you got Air hangers and military vehicles? :catspider:  I'm not trying to be a douchebag but please elaborate.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:08 AM

@Anzand

I respect people personal opinions, but when it comes to Bert you should see his daily rant about how GTA V was rushed, R* is going to re-sell cut content, and how the game is broken and claiming to know how the industry Works.

• TheDust likes this

Hidden Zombie
  • Hidden Zombie

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:31 AM

I would have to respectfully disagree with the fact that IV "changed." Sure you get friends and some new apartments. GTA V allows you to have a personal garage for each character and saving from your phone completely eliminated the need for additional beds and spaces. Further, I feel like most people really don't care about friends and hanging out. Leisure activities and some construction sites being progressively developed are exactly the types of things that get crucified for being trite and minimal in their necessity. Aside from that, I see little difference in the before and after of the story.

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:35 AM

blame gta online for this. 

• matajuegos01 likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:57 AM

So IV didnt change because in V you got Air hangers and military vehicles? :catspider:  I'm not trying to be a douchebag but please elaborate.

I'm not sure why you're saying that. V's hangars and military vehicles have nothing to do with IV's lack of change, and I never said it did. Its unrelated. I'm simply pointing out that in V, you got things like that; Toys to play with when the game is over, while in IV, you got nothing more than a couple more safe houses and few phone numbers, but it still was what it was when you started. As I said, III and Vice City also don't give you any real benefits throughout the game. 

• Anzand17 likes this

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:38 AM

Of course stuff changed in gta 4 after you beat it. You have brucie who gives you chopper rides around the city, roman who gives u free taxi rides, jacob who gives you discounted weapons, packie who gives you csr bombs, and dwayne who gives body guards. I dont see your point.. if i want military vehicles ill just play tbogt.

Fluttershy Pony
  • Fluttershy Pony

Yay.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

I feel like all the missions in gta v didnt really do anything. I felt like they were pointless.  In gta to get a nice house and nice cars and weapons i had to work hard and be a hired gun.. but in Gta v the story was fine the way it was then you made a problem you had to fix. in gta 4 you started with a problem. Its confusing you probably wont understand what i'm trying to say.

I said if your going to be a fanboy and not accept people have different opinions then get out. Your so immature.  Also sorry for double posting

You're*

Oh, and I'm the immature one? Yet here you are saying I can't accept opinions (even though I can) when you can't accept mine? You're funny, why did you even bother opening a thread if you're going to cry when an opinion is posted?

• Anzand17 likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

I think he was talking to Tenxax not you Bert.

Anyway I agree. Something about the way GTA IV's story was structured felt like things did indeed "change". Niko didn't end up with a big mansion or anything, but it felt like a really journey through the LC underworld.

GTA V in the other hand feels flat and stagnant by comparison IMO. To me GTA IV's change is more of an emotional/thinking one. With each conflict Niko finds himself apart of at the conclusion of each one it does feel like a new chapter. GTA IV would make an excellent TV series.

Majestic123
  • Majestic123

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:55 AM

As big as gta 5 map is, it just feels boring. Maybe it's the lack of three cities that adds diversity. The story was average, but the customization was cool. Still not as good as Vice City or San Andreas but much better than 4. 

downbounty
  • downbounty

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

Franklins changed

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

It is wicked fun to unlock new sh**te whatever it be. Gives one a feeling of accomplishment.

I felt that at certain points in v. More consistantly before.

Anzand17
  • Anzand17

V.I.P

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

You're*
Oh, and I'm the immature one? Yet here you are saying I can't accept opinions (even though I can) when you can't accept mine? You're funny, why did you even bother opening a thread if you're going to cry when an opinion is posted?
i was saying that tenax not you bert.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:53 PM Edited by DrDetroit, 19 December 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Agree with OP.  GTAIV had a visceral grit to it, an aura of inevitability, and a strong, usually dark, atmosphere to the game.   Very hard to put a finger on it, but the game and the setting seemed "alive and evolving"; a living breathing city...still does as I just played LCPDFR earlier.

Same with TLATD and TBOGT, although TBOGT was not as gritty, it had the same aura and mystic about the atmosphere of the game.

I do really like GTAV, both SP and Online (usually), but something is missing; story wise and character wise.  Not nearly the  same depth and the feel of the game, not as strong as it was in GTAIV, in my opinion.  The city just does not feel as "alive" as LC and GTAIV.

With that said, GTAV is a good base for the modders to work with once the PC version is released.  Once that happens, we will have a nearly perfect game.

Good day,

DrDetroit

• Anzand17 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users