Photo

GTA SA Pc Help Please

10 replies to this topic
KenBaumJr
  • KenBaumJr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

Old i know, i already beat GTA4 and i don't have a console so i'm going back to beat SA. Anyway i decided to try and add some cars, because well i couldn't with GTA4 and once again with GTA:SA i cannot add cars to the damn game. I've followed the directions. And now my game crashes after i choose what game to load(or even choose a new game) it loads about half way and crashes. I'm really getting sick of this, all i want to do is have a few cool looking cars on a game that is what 8 years old. I used GGMM (http://www.gtagarage...show.php?id=434) to import the model .dff and .txd file. I've also swapped out the gta3.img to the original and it is still crashing. Does anyone know what i can do, I've read somewhere about 3 different versions of the game, and the 3rd supposedly you cant mod? I'm not sure what version i have, i just wanna play the damn game again, with original cars or modded idrc anymore. 

Anyone got an idea, or can anyone offer some kind of help?

fuzzel
  • fuzzel

The wierdest of the lot.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:40 AM

i had a similar problem. i tryed the total conversion mod of SA to IV, and now it won'teven load the game. i would click on it and nuthin' would happen.

HELP.

fuzzel
  • fuzzel

The wierdest of the lot.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:49 AM

and maybe try installing the game again?like delete, and re install.

KenBaumJr
  • KenBaumJr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:04 AM Edited by KenBaumJr, 19 December 2013 - 10:05 AM.

I got the game to load,(i made a copy of my SA folder after installing it and just swapped them) but i would really like to know how to install cars the correct way.  obviously GGMM didn't work for me(or else the game would have loaded)

Also tried to install the GTA5 mini map yesterday, got everything installed/put where it needed to be, and GTA wouldn't even load. removed the mod files, and the game started right up.   :/ really wanted that minimap

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:13 AM

What size is your .exe?

KenBaumJr
  • KenBaumJr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:51 AM

my gta_sa.exe is 14,047kb

Alihunter
  • Alihunter

Never meant to be so cold...

• BUSTED!
  • Iran

Posted 20 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

have you a correct asiloader??

KenBaumJr
  • KenBaumJr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:56 PM

have you a correct asiloader??

I'm pretty sure i have no installed an asiloader.  If i was too install a mod that needed one i would have it installed i'm pretty sure.  But i do not remember installing it.

Alihunter
  • Alihunter

Never meant to be so cold...

• BUSTED!
  • Iran

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:23 PM

download and install this:http://www.mediafire...q8/insatlls.rar

Gray Wolf
  • Gray Wolf

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Old i know, i already beat GTA4 and i don't have a console so i'm going back to beat SA. Anyway i decided to try and add some cars, because well i couldn't with GTA4 and once again with GTA:SA i cannot add cars to the damn game. I've followed the directions. And now my game crashes after i choose what game to load(or even choose a new game) it loads about half way and crashes. I'm really getting sick of this, all i want to do is have a few cool looking cars on a game that is what 8 years old. I used GGMM (http://www.gtagarage...show.php?id=434) to import the model .dff and .txd file. I've also swapped out the gta3.img to the original and it is still crashing. Does anyone know what i can do, I've read somewhere about 3 different versions of the game, and the 3rd supposedly you cant mod? I'm not sure what version i have, i just wanna play the damn game again, with original cars or modded idrc anymore.

Anyone got an idea, or can anyone offer some kind of help?

You can check what version of the agme you've got by looking at the bottom right-hand corner of the first menu (If it says V2 then obviously it's version 2), if it doesn't show it's version then it's V1 (Original)

Keep in mind you can only mofify the V1 game of GTA SA, if you have a different version you can use the Downgrader tool to downgrade it to V1 for modding :^:

I got the game to load,(i made a copy of my SA folder after installing it and just swapped them) but i would really like to know how to install cars the correct way. obviously GGMM didn't work for me(or else the game would have loaded)

Also tried to install the GTA5 mini map yesterday, got everything installed/put where it needed to be, and GTA wouldn't even load. removed the mod files, and the game started right up. :/ really wanted that minimap

To install car/vehicle mods all you have to do is get hold of IMGTool > use it to open the gta3.img archive (Located in GTA San Andreas/models) then find the files for the vehicle eg. hydra.dff and hydra.txd (The .dff is the model of the vehicle and the .txd is it's textures and you will need to replace both these files with the modded ones. Rebuild Archive once you've replaced the files (Commands > Rebuild Archive)

Also another tihng to take note is some mods required certain files in order for them to work. I wrote this up some time ago on what things go where:

> Add .cs files to CLEO folder

> Put .asi files to main gtasa installation (Requires asi loader)

> Add .ifp files to gta3.img (using img tool)

> Add .fxt files to CLEO_TEXT folder (Cleo 4)

put configuration settings files in main gtasa installation (.ini)

if cleo mod comes with sounds folder add it to CLEO folder

i had a similar problem. i tryed the total conversion mod of SA to IV, and now it won'teven load the game. i would click on it and nuthin' would happen.
HELP.

I'm guessing either you've installed it incorrectly or your PC specs might not be good enough for such a mod...
  • GTAKid667 likes this

CrissAngel
  • CrissAngel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hi I THink YOu Can Try SAMI (San Andreas Mod Installer) Better Then GGMM SAMI 1.1 Is Better Also It's Working Perfectly With GTA SA v1.1 I Installed 10+ Cars In GTA SA With SAMI And Nothing Is Wrong :D Try It I Recommend It :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users