Photo

Rockstar made a bad choice of haircuts

54 replies to this topic
Lucky32
  • Lucky32

Official spaghetti wizard

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:49 AM

The characters haircuts were made to match their personality, individualism, etc; I think the earlier request for all choices available for all three is a little much, but i agree some more wriggle room with the haircuts/clothes would have been nice.

Plank.
  • Plank.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:55 AM

I like the beard option for Franklin. It makes him look like MC Ride.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

The ones that are there for Mike and Trevor are good, they're just WAY to few. The ones for Frank seemed pretty bland for me as well. A lot of them were basically the same haircut but with a different design. They definitely screwed up in this department, though I think it's because they pushed it into the game during the last delay. Hopefully with an SP expansion, we get a dozen or more options.

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:14 AM

I gotta really agree with him. Although I find the single player haircuts to be not "too" bad. It's the online hair cuts I can't stand. God they're all awful. At least I can rock the really short hair in online as that's my natural look. But seriously, the real full set of hair options are just derp to the max.

Also, how is Trevor supposed to do anything really with his hair? The man is bald lol. Franklin has tons of options, it sounds like you just don't like them. And you can make Michael look like Max Payne. Holy sh*tballs that's awesome.

I wish they had a real mohawk in Online; not something crazy and huge, but similar to NPC mohawks as their ones can be badass.

Biker haircut is alright though, if it weren't a glitch I'm suffering where it looks like my characters head has the cornrow texture even though he's got any other haircut.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 18 January 2014 - 06:15 AM Edited by Zodape, 18 January 2014 - 06:17 AM.

Trevor needs a shorter full beard and goatees.

Michael needs long hair with a pony tail. Combine that with the long beard and you have one badass drug dealer. Or just a clean shave for an evil lawyer look (I like to think that mature men with ponytails are evil lawyers). Also, NY haircut should be made available, for the sake of being already in the game.

Franklin is fine. Lowfro + full short beard is awesome. But he has too many haircuts that make him look like a total douche. They don't fit him.

Kipsta
  • Kipsta

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

I still wish there was an 'Elvis' haircut like in San Andreas... That was so freakin great! It was $1000

• Cutter De Blanc and Osho like this

Gavlaaar
  • Gavlaaar

Balla.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

I love Trevor's 'Randal' haircut.

Elvis_Mazur
  • Elvis_Mazur

Nothing Inspiring to Write

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

There are a few options for Franklin's hairstyle that suit his personality besides the default one and they don't deviate much from it. Now, most of Trevor's and Mike's hairstyles are good and I kept switching from one to the other while I was playing.

Niobium
  • Niobium

fu*k your santa hats. they're too mainstream

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:30 PM Edited by nobum62, 18 January 2014 - 02:32 PM.

maybe if you got rid of that old yee-yee ass haircut you got you get some bitches on yo dick

btw, i like to have micheal look like this: 

0_0.jpg

he looks like a douchebag and it's funny

• DeafMetal likes this

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:37 PM

Trevor needs a shorter full beard.

Uncle T does have a shorter beard selection, it's in Bob Mulét.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Captain Arthur
  • Captain Arthur

Proud GTA/Nintendo Fanboy

• Members
  • Bahrain

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, R* did a bad job with Frank's cuts. This is how Frank looks like my game:

0_0.jpg

I dunno 'bout you but he looks pretty decent to me. 

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:14 PM

I absolutely hated Trevor's patchy head though so I shaved him bald with a little bit of facial hair. Was hoping that we could make them all have a full head of hair.

Trevor's actor Steven Ogg has a similar hairline but makes it look better than Trevor. Why can't we all of these looks:  http://www.stevenogg.com/#headshots

I hope there are more haircuts in the story mode DLC.

Nitsuj Rasta
  • Nitsuj Rasta

Kilo Tray Ballas

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:45 PM Edited by blaquenitsuj, 18 January 2014 - 04:46 PM.

All the NPCs have the best hairstyles..

I seen a dread headed AI with dreads so long he had an actual dread keeping the rest of his locs in a ponytail ...

JUST HOW I WEAR MY HAIR! 

Sugar Honey Iced Tea pisses me off.

Bonnano
  • Bonnano

i hate the mexican that screams "f*ck me in the ass"

• BUSTED!
  • North-Korea

Posted 18 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

I hope hair DLCs are up for consideration, as ridiculous as it sounds, it's important. And I hope it's free of charge (obviously not ingame, but the DLC itself).

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

Each character should've all had at least 5 good choices for hair and five good choices for facial hair. 

All Michael has is the same cut at three different lengths. I mean, how hard would it have been to at least add his prologue haircut? I'm not meaning to complain, but it almost seems weird that they would even add that feature if they were only going to put a couple options in. 

• Bonnano likes this

davetopper
  • davetopper

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

In my opinion, all haircuts (when I say all - I mean all), all clothes, should be open for all characters. Including those found in Multiplayer.

I don't care what Rockstar consider each characters style. I want my own style. I want to be able to have my character look in any way I want.

If I could do it, I would have Trevor in long black hair like Antonio Banderas in Bandito, or Melchi something or whether. I too would like some options here. And basic black all around would have been nice for clothing online and SP and all characters. 

Frankly I would like some long hair hippie stuff and even the option of a far older character. 

My theme song this year in terms of age will be by Sammy Hagar "I can't drive 55!". 

armyraidfail404
  • armyraidfail404

I do happen to be a cat.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

Each character should've all had at least 5 good choices for hair and five good choices for facial hair. 

All Michael has is the same cut at three different lengths. I mean, how hard would it have been to at least add his prologue haircut? I'm not meaning to complain, but it almost seems weird that they would even add that feature if they were only going to put a couple options in. 

Well, I did find a place to make Micheal bald but after I went nah thats stupid and then 3 weeks later found out that you can make him look like Max Payne. Damn it, it then was just lost and since I have never been able to find it again.

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:19 AM Edited by Xerukal, 22 January 2014 - 03:20 AM.

Well, I did find a place to make Micheal bald but after I went nah thats stupid and then 3 weeks later found out that you can make him look like Max Payne. Damn it, it then was just lost and since I have never been able to find it again.

Find what? The barbershop that has the cut? 

Any barbershop should have Michael's bald hair cut, seeing as it is part of the free Social Club content. 

If not, try Bob Mulét.

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:34 AM

Definitely, but haircuts and other sh*ts are unnecessary as you can see in GTA IV

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

By: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:42 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 22 January 2014 - 03:47 AM.

OP there is a game where you could do whatever to your character,and it called Saints Row have fun playing with a character that is nameless and have been called "Boss" Since the Start of the Series in 2006 (two years after San Andreas) regardless of your appearance in that Sh*t game you are still known as "Boss" while in GTA every Protagonists since the 3D Era days have a Proper Name and a Backstory.and btw Saints Row is the Wackiest Games Ever Created with Crazy Storylines except saints row 2 was like SA but the Wackier Version.

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:47 AM

Franklin looks good with a Afro. Trevor looks good with Default reintroduced hair & beard. Michael looks good with a Shaved Head.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

Meh. I just give them all the biggest hair and beard combo possible. 

But Trevor would definitely look better with that giant afro. 

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

PeriodZeroHero
  • PeriodZeroHero

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

Everyone underappreciating the Business On Top

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

LSPD - Rooftop Bastard

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

I made Trevor bald with the Gerry beard. It makes up for the shortfalls with Franklin's options. I'm happy with the styles for Michael and Trevor.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Eh.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

OP there is a game where you could do whatever to your character,and it called Saints Row have fun playing with a character that is nameless and have been called "Boss" Since the Start of the Series in 2006 (two years after San Andreas) regardless of your appearance in that Sh*t game you are still known as "Boss" while in GTA every Protagonists since the 3D Era days have a Proper Name and a Backstory.and btw Saints Row is the Wackiest Games Ever Created with Crazy Storylines except saints row 2 was like SA but the Wackier Version.

I agree that Saint's Row has turned to a piece of crap, but the protagonist's name is Nolan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users