Rigged a Jak and Daxter model - Need help! [SA]

11 replies to this topic
Coolcrash05
  • Coolcrash05

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

Hi everyone,

This is my first attempt to rig for San Andreas (actually first time rigging anything!). The model is semi-functional in the game, but Jak's ears are gltiching out and being stretched really long, he is missing his texture and his feet are webbed together.

I know that when I view my model in Ped Editor, he looks perfect and is textured, however when I try to play as him in the game using a CLEO3 skin changer the game won't change to him and I can't press anything, but the game isn't frozen as the time is still ticking and CJ is still breathing and can still pause the game, but if I leave CJ's house and go out into the streets, I saw my Jak model as previously described, a non textured mess with glitchy ears and webbed feet and then I can change to him without it 'freezing'.

SO TO CUT IT SHORT:

• I need help on correcting my rigged model on Jak
  • I can't change into him with the Skin Changer unless I see him roaming the streets.

Here are the screens:

When I view my model in Ped Editor:
TXHegG2.jpg

Here is my rig as shown in 3DS MAX 2010:
OfmIrbK.jpg

Here are the in-game screenshots:

Q5tDzKu.jpg

9LtLerQ.jpg

Here are the files: 

Thankyou very much for looking, please do not hesitate to PM me if there are any questions!

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:30 AM

Check the rigging on the model. Are the ears rigged to the head at 100 percent? That or the exporter may have messed up the model big time.

If you want to you can PM me and I'll try to come up with a fix for you.

• Coolcrash05 likes this

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

Howd you got the model from jak3?

Coolcrash05
  • Coolcrash05

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

Howd you got the model from jak3?

I got the model from a mod for SSBB for the Wii :)

lpgunit
  • lpgunit

It's L, as in Lpgunit, not I.

• Feroci Racing
  • Philippines

Posted 23 December 2013 - 01:44 AM Edited by lpgunit, 23 December 2013 - 07:12 AM.

OK, took a quick look at your model and I just found out that some of the vertices aren't rigged properly. I'll let you know if it works, K?

EDIT: I couldn't change as him with the skin selector or the CLEO skin cheat I'm using, for some strange reason.

Coolcrash05
  • Coolcrash05

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

OK, took a quick look at your model and I just found out that some of the vertices aren't rigged properly. I'll let you know if it works, K?

EDIT: I couldn't change as him with the skin selector or the CLEO skin cheat I'm using, for some strange reason.

Yes, the same thing happens to me and it still remains a mystery, I wonder if there is any way to get it to work, as I also tried to change to it using the cleo 3 skin changer. I rigged Jak with the bones of WMYCR, but for some reason if I replace BMYDJ (or something like that), that is when we can change into him, but obviously all glitched up.

Coolcrash05
  • Coolcrash05

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

I have just had another mess around with the model files (corrected the legs as they were slightly wonky - not sure if it looks any better or worse. except that I also messed up Jak's right arm whilst doing so, a silly mistake I suppose) and I found that replacing the ped BMYST gave me the textures in-game, but what does remain a mystery is that when I open PedEditor, I found that when I preview the BMYST, it shows the old model before I replaced it, which is strange, but at least it works - also I reinstalled the game aswell, and it is worth noting that BMYDJ doesn't work anymore when replaced with Jak. I have also noticed that Jak's model has quite a crooked back, but not sure if there is anything I can do with that.

Here are some screens:

9TSOr6I.png

mIexWi7.png

AReO5IH.jpg

Coolcrash05
  • Coolcrash05

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

bump... anyone still willing to help correct my model? :)

cloud_strife94
  • cloud_strife94

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

hi, I can help you, just send to me the model and the texture via private message. :lol:

Coolcrash05
  • Coolcrash05

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

Still waiting for responses, looking forward to seeing this mod develop :)

Coolcrash05
  • Coolcrash05

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:22 PM Edited by Coolcrash05, 09 February 2014 - 11:41 PM.

It doesn't matter anymore, I managed to fix it myself and it is looking great, I will post a download link later on :)

EDIT: Here's the download link: http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=25586

QPnwSyh.jpg

superjakdoxcientos
  • superjakdoxcientos

Player Hater

• Members
  • Uruguay

Posted 07 May 2014 - 12:54 AM

hello I am a big fan of the game series jak and daxter I registered here just to ask if I Might pass through private message or reupload the link of your skin and if you do not have to atleast as you did jajaja thank you very much
  be in contact until the next

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users