Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do people legitimately miss ALL the features from previous games...

95 replies to this topic
Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

Imagine a world where people could appreciate V is not San Andreas.

Crazy, I know.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

Crazy, I know.

Sorry, that is the same world where people play games for gameplay

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:39 AM

Crazy, I know.

V didn't have gameplay? Please, do tell more:

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:41 AM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 19 December 2013 - 03:42 AM.

Crazy, I know.

You misinterpreted my statement, I always say that GTA V has fantastic gameplay and the problem is that no one can appreciate it because people nowadays only play games for the story.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:58 AM

Crazy, I know.

You misinterpreted my statement, I always say that GTA V has fantastic gameplay and the problem is that no one can appreciate it because people nowadays only play games for the story.

Ah, my mistake  :facedesk:

But yeah, I 100% agree. This is why I can't even mention TLoU in the same breath as V. While TLoU's story was pretty good (not as perfect as most people make out however), I found its gameplay to be mediocre at best.

Gameplay will always reign supreme over story-telling in my book.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:24 AM Edited by Official General, 19 December 2013 - 04:25 AM.

Crazy, I know.

@ CantTHinkOfOne

I just cannot win with guys like you. 

I would have loved GTA V more for it's gameplay if it had real fun and interesting stuff on the side to infinitely play like gang wars, drug-dealing, gambling, car theft, etc. You scream and shout at me that "why do I want that stuff ??", that "it's not needed", "this is not SA !!", "gang wars and drugs are nothing special" bla bla bla. So now I cannot enjoy the gameplay in the way I want to, what do I do ? I look somewhere else for what I like about GTA.....

So the next best thing I focus on in the game to find enjoyment is the story. But after playing it, I say I don't like the story because half of it felt like I was doing jobs and errands for cops and the feds, and it that was uninteresting and kind of boring, Michael's family thing was not that great, Franklin had very little character presence, to me the story just was not that good and I feel a bit letdown. You then say to me, "why does the game have to be about the story??", "GTA V is mainly about the gameplay and not the stupid story !!" bla bla bla. 

So going by your dictating influences, I pretty much have no direction to follow that could lead me where I could like this game more.

Zodape
  • Zodape

Brilliant Gentleman

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:32 AM

GTA III shotgun or gtfo.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:41 AM

Crazy, I know.

@ CantTHinkOfOne

I would have loved GTA V more for it's gameplay if it had real fun and interesting stuff on the side to infinitely play like gang wars, drug-dealing, gambling, car theft, etc. You scream and shout at me that "why do I want that stuff ??", that "it's not needed", "this is not SA !!", "gang wars and drugs are nothing special" bla bla bla. So now I cannot enjoy the gameplay in the way I want to, what do I do ? I look somewhere else for what I like about GTA.....

So the next best thing I focus on in the game to find enjoyment is the story. But after playing it, I say I don't like the story because half of it felt like I was doing jobs and errands for cops and the feds, and it that was uninteresting and kind of boring, Michael's family thing was not that great, Franklin had very little character presence, to me the story just was not that good and I feel a bit letdown. You then say to me, "why does the game have to be about the story??", "GTA V is mainly about the gameplay and not the stupid story !!" bla bla bla. 

So going by your dictating influences, I pretty much have no direction to follow that could lead me where I could like this game more.

Well then that's just your loss mate.

Alot of people don't give a sh*t that V had no "gang wars, drug-dealing, gambling, car theft" etc etc because they have the open-minded ability to try new things; you know...not have every game a carbon copy of the last.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:48 AM Edited by Official General, 19 December 2013 - 04:49 AM.

Crazy, I know.

@ CantTHinkOfOne

Well then that's just your loss mate.

Alot of people don't give a sh*t that V had no "gang wars, drug-dealing, gambling, car theft" etc etc because they have the open-minded ability to try new things; you know...not have every game a carbon copy of the last.

It certainly is my loss alright, there is no denying that. It is my loss because the game did not live up to my expectations, so yeah I lost out, like did many others. Hence why I'm here always getting things off my chest until I get bored. 

Many people don't give a sh*t about that stuff maybe, but at the same time, it is clear that just many do care, if not more. 

• GamerShotgun likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:08 AM

Many people don't give a sh*t about that stuff maybe, but at the same time, it is clear that just many do care, if not more. 

No. 

There's absolutely no denying that it's the small + loud minority who are hating on this game. So you're wrong there mate.

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:09 AM Edited by GamerShotgun, 19 December 2013 - 05:17 AM.

There's a point though in complaining. Also I'd like to point out that day by day, more and more people start to complain about the game, because eventually, they'll get bored by the small/short interactive features R* implemented this time.

I mean... they could'v greatly expanded gameplay by adding dynamic, vehicle specific missions, like firefighter, paramedic, vigilante, tow-trucking, trucking, trashmaster missions (for god's sake, they were even in LCS), helicopter races, plane races, etc....

And no. Those are NOT hard to code, believe me. They wouldn't even take too much time. It's just that, R* is focusing on Online and the possibility of getting more and more money out of us by priced DLCs later on.

No. 

There's absolutely no denying that it's the small + loud minority who are hating on this game. So you're wrong there mate.

That's where you are wrong.

It's just that people like you are eating everything you'll get thrown at you, whereas others do seem to have the need for quality, and taste in means of what they want in a Grand Theft Auto.

It's not about trying new things, because IV pretty much brought a lot of "new things" in the series, and you can see where we are right now. Rockstar clearly has no clue what fans want, even though we have a f*cking forum full of ideas and threads dedicated on collecting those.

They wouldn't have to please us all, because MOST OF US want the same thing. The problem is: They didn't improve a single f*ck on possibilities given by IV. The physics is something I do like though, because it's equally realistic and cartoony, in a balanced way. The number of vehicles and their variety is another thing I like. And I didn't mention how the missions are more non-linear. 

But for f*ck's sake, there are the things that are definitely missing, and they withdraw a lot from GTA V's gameplay.

• Official General likes this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:15 AM

There's a point though in complaining. Also I'd like to point out that day by day, more and more people start to complain about the game, because eventually, they'll get bored by the small/short interactive features R* implemented this time.

I mean... they could'v greatly expanded gameplay by adding dynamic, vehicle specific missions, like firefighter, paramedic, vigilante, tow-trucking, trucking, trashmaster missions (for god's sake, they were even in LCS), helicopter races, plane races, etc....

And no. Those are NOT hard to code, believe me. They wouldn't even take too much time. It's just that, R* is focusing on Online and the possibility of getting more and more money out of us by priced DLCs later on.

No. 

Oh really?

Last time I checked, V was winning publicly voted GOTY awards left, right and centre.

Your move...

mochakaboom
  • mochakaboom

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:53 AM

That was deep man... Just deep

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:01 AM Edited by GamerShotgun, 19 December 2013 - 06:04 AM.

No. 

Oh really?

Last time I checked, V was winning publicly voted GOTY awards left, right and centre.

Your move...

Because it's a GTA. It has a title that's well-known around the world and has a past too. Also nobody said it wasn't a good game. It lacks a lot of features, but it's definitely not a bad game. So far, it is the best in the series in my opinion, but nowhere near as other Rockstar titles like Red Dead Redemption. That was pure gold.

(BTW, most of us could argue about GTA V being GOTY surely. There are MUCH better games out there that could've won that award, EVEN YOU have to admit it if you are not a blind, blatant, trolling, GTA-fanboy).

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:09 AM

f*cking yogi

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:47 AM

No. 

Agreed. If it's so universally disliked, or disliked by so many, why aren't there more people here complaining about it? Biggest GTA community on the internet and it seems there's about 20 people that are seriously upset, as opposed to the hundreds and hundreds that like the game. 

• Lucchese likes this

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:04 AM

So, i'm asking to the few sensible members on this forums, is it just a case of wanting because you can't have, or do you actually legitimately miss the bad features from previous games.

I miss so small *although not insignificant* number of features that to even mention compared to what I am enjoying in V makes it irrelevant atm *at least until 2014 updates arrive*

EpiclyUber
  • EpiclyUber

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:34 AM

I just want that one game from the TLaD where you guessed if the next person's card was higher or lower.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:55 AM

I just want that one game from the TLaD where you guessed if the next person's card was higher or lower.

I almost forgot about that game. "Lower than your mom's IQ"..lol.

OT: I definitely don't miss everything. Some stuff yes but nothing worthwhile to complain over ad infinitum. After a while GTA V has enough to keep me occupied and I rarely even think about past features. At first crack trying to enter a Burger Shot I thought to myself, "well that kind of blows". Now I could really care less.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

The fact that some people actually want Roman's annoying calls back shows many just want what they can't have. They remind me of people who are only interested in dating somebody if they are unavailable.

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

Crazy, I know.

Ah, my mistake  :facedesk:

But yeah, I 100% agree. This is why I can't even mention TLoU in the same breath as V. While TLoU's story was pretty good (not as perfect as most people make out however), I found its gameplay to be mediocre at best.

Gameplay will always reign supreme over story-telling in my book.

I should have explained by statement a bit more, sadly the world where GTA V no being San Andreas being appreciated exists in the same world as the one where people play games for gameplay, and that world is sadly here. I haven't played The Last of Us yet, but I want to (although you are scaring me not to) as Naughty Dog did a great job with the Uncharted series. A better example would be Mass Effect 2, the story was great but the gameplay was so watered down, repetitive and above all, simply boring, and don't even get me started on the unrealistic rinse and repeat level design. My biggest expectation of GTA V is that it would be the game that makes gameplay king again (other open world games like Saints Row 2, Just Cause 2 and Sleeping Dogs can throw as much fun gameplay at us as they want, but no one will take it as people are too ignorant to play them because they are "GTA Clones", GTA Clone has to be the most ignorant term ever), but sadly no, instead we get a bunch of complainers who still only care about story, despite the fact that they paid for a game.

• Lucchese likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:36 PM Edited by Official General, 19 December 2013 - 12:50 PM.

No. 

You keep telling yourself that mister. More and more people complain about GTA V everyday, on here and other places. I've spoken to people I know offline too, they tell me the game is just not what it was cracked up to be. They are certainly not a minority, I'm telling you now that is not the case, and if they are a minorty it's probably 40% - 60% or something very significant like that. Keep believing what you wanna believe, but my instinct says many people do care and are disappointed about a lot of missing features from previous titles. I believe I'm right with good reason as evidence shows, so  let's just agree to disagree on that. No point in going in circles mate.

And your point about V winning many GOTY awards, well I just gotta laugh. So that's your ace card ? Like GamerShotgun said - that was gonna happen because it's GTA, lets not fool ourselves here. And there was not really that much good games out this year, except The Last Of Us to add to that too. And furthermore, I could not give a sh*t if V won GOTY awards, it still does not change the opinion of many others and I that believe the game did not fully meet it's expectations and was a bit of a letdown in other areas. GTA IV won GOTY and got lots of 10/10 scores, yet many people criticized it and did not like it, so your point means nothing to me. 

Hardcore Savage
  • Hardcore Savage

Realest nigga on the forum tho

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

I just find it odd how they replaced some features with bullsh*t... I would take the old features over the BS any day of the god damn week...

• Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:45 PM Edited by Official General, 20 December 2013 - 12:39 AM.

I just find it odd how they replaced some features with bullsh*t... I would take the old features over the BS any day of the god damn week...

Yep me too. I would take them in a flash as fast as the speed of light. I couldn't give a f*ck about the so-called "refreshing, new approach" to features in V. Gimme updates versions of the really fun and interesting older features any day.

Some people on here think just because something is refreshing, new and untried before, it must automatically mean that is a real good thing for the gameplay. Not when a lot of that stuff is weak, half-heartedly made and in some cases, bullsh*t - as V demonstrates. 

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Save it for a rainy day

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:05 PM

I remember in the 3D era of GTA nobody would criticize the games because of the weaknesses in the story. They understood that a game that focuses around open world doesn't have to have a perfectly good story. 

Now that games like Beyond Two Souls and The Last of Us has come around (Both great games, don't get me wrong) The gamers are expecting a top notch story and are less focused on the actual gameplay. Sad, really. I think its evolved to the point where graphics replaced gameplay, and now story has replaced graphics. 

• Lucchese, Zodape, Sting4S and 1 other like this

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by niko bellic half brother, 19 December 2013 - 05:20 PM.

@GamerShotgun

Hold on: so because I think V is my GOTY, I'm a "blind, blatant, trolling, GTA-fanboy"?

Quite the place-putting argument you have there...

Whether GTA is a household name or not, is irrelevant. These awards are publicly voted, and if most people weren't happy with V, they wouldn't have voted it for their GOTY. Simple. Face it: most of the fanbase is not a bunch of whinging, entitled kids - that is the minority. Thank god. Also, pretty sure the Call of Duty series is a hugely popular, household name; yet, I can't remember the last time it won a publicly voted GOTY award.

I'm not denying V has its flaws. But the positives by far outweigh the negatives. If you feel otherwise, then you must be.."blind, blatant, trolling" etc...

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:30 PM

What I legitimately miss in V are:
- Import/Export cars SP
- More interiors to explore
- Some sexy cars from IV like the 360 Modena-ish Turismo and DB9-ish Super GT
- Funner and subtle humor
- Funny and dumb cops

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

I remember in the 3D era of GTA nobody would criticize the games because of the weaknesses in the story. They understood that a game that focuses around open world doesn't have to have a perfectly good story. 

Now that games like Beyond Two Souls and The Last of Us has come around (Both great games, don't get me wrong) The gamers are expecting a top notch story and are less focused on the actual gameplay. Sad, really. I think its evolved to the point where graphics replaced gameplay, and now story has replaced graphics. 

True.  One thing I've noticed is that when people talk about the positives of GTA V, they always mention how detailed the game is graphical wise.  "Oh look, Michael's flip flops actually flop!  This game is a masterpiece!"  Now, I'm as much a graphics whore as much as the next guy, as it does add to the immersion, but the gameplay should always come first.  This is especially true when you're talking about open world games.

Rockstar is so focused on the narrative of the GTA series nowadays, that they don't know whether they want to make a linear game or an open world sandbox game.  I blame the fans who complained about SA being too unrealistic and how CJ, a black gangsta from the hood, could fly a plane...as if it's outside the realm of possibility.  Yet, in V we can have Michael and Franklin (both who have no previous flying experience) fly planes, which of course no one complains about, and Franklin can't play tennis because it doesn't gel with his character.  This of course is not a huge issue for me (having Franklin play tennis), but it's just an example of the limitations that Rockstar is putting on the player (which began with IV), whereas in SA, the game was one big playground where the sky was the limit.  

Also worth mentioning is the hypocrisy I see among many gamers, is the lack of complaints regarding the presence of aliens in V...but quite a few people complained about CJ getting into Area 51.

Hopefully in the future, Rockstar goes back to a real open world/sandbox game and f*ck off with these limitations.  I mean, it's a video game after all and fun gameplay should come before everything else.  As of now, IV and V lack the innovation that the 3D era games had as far as gameplay is concerned.  Sure the HD games are so much prettier (and they really are beautiful), but that's to be expected as we go into each new generation of consoles.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

Off this forum the only people I see hating on V are people who don't like the GTA series in general and people who want their open world games super goofy like Saints Row. 

Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Things I'd want to come back in V.

+Bowling (yes I enjoyed this minigame)

+Pool (spent hours, it's challenging and a lot of fun imo)

+Air Hockey

+Basketball

That's about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users