Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do people legitimately miss ALL the features from previous games...

95 replies to this topic
CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

...or is it just a matter of wanting what you can't have. Sadly, GTA Forums, a place where players are meant to discuss GTA, is a GTA V hate train, people complain about every little thing, mainly any feature from previous games not being in GTA V, and while some things from previous games would be nice, there are other (in my opinion) bad things in previous games that many users complain about the absents of. Dancing, hydraulic minigame, bowling, pool and worst of all, dating and friendships, to name a few, were all features in previous games which I see people complaining about the absents of all the time. I understand that people have their own opinions, but a lot of these complaints look like it is simply a matter of wanting something because you can't have something.
So, i'm asking to the few sensible members on this forums, is it just a case of wanting because you can't have, or do you actually legitimately miss the bad features from previous games.

• stjimmy3 likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In 12 Step Program

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

the only thing i really miss is pool...

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

crush on Amanda De Santa.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

I think indeed its a matter of wanting something what you can't have. Everything can look good in the eyes of nostalgia.

FutoDriver
  • FutoDriver

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

..... or do you actually legitimately miss the bad features from previous games.

Okay, they are all bad you are right. Seriously, no one is going to bother listing things when the opinion and tone is set.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:43 PM

Pool, I'd have back. The rest I'm not fussed for. If they added the sporting mini games in in a later DLC, I'd probably give them all another try, but I lose absolutely zero sleep over them not being added to V initially. 

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:49 PM Edited by Cyper, 18 December 2013 - 09:51 PM.

Not everything. Far from that. I can't expect everything that ever has been in GTA to be in one game.

But, most importantly:

- Pool and poker

- Vigilante Missions

- Gangs that fight each others similar to GTA III/Vice CIty

- Safehouses can be bought and is littered all over the map.

- Unlocked interiors

- Ability to mix any clothes that I want to mix

- More garages

- As much clothes for every character as in Multiplayer

If this was in the game, well, then I would say it would be ten times better for me. I also want to get rid of the laughable AI which runs away if you approach them, or at times even calls the cops, aswell as other issues such as AI dying from one punch. The AI was not a mistake. It's just one of many idiotic design decisions that Rockstar decided to take for some reason that I do not understand.

• VercettiGroveRussian likes this

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

Please make it stop! Its another one of these hypocritical complain about complainers thread.
  • SonofUgly likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

Well IMO vigilante, most wanted, gang wars, drug dealing, import/export etc should be in the game,

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

Please make it stop! Its another one of these hypocritical complain about complainers thread.

Why are you complaining about complaining that was originated from complaining? Hmmmmm?

:panic: I think I confused myself

• CantThinkOfOne2013 likes this

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

There is one "feature" that they damn better bring back sometime between now and the day GTA V goes extinct. And that feature is the ability to leave your engine running and exit your vehicle. F*cking annoying that it is still in there but they retardedly removed the ability to manually control it. So dumb.

Also unlike the stuff you guys are talking about, this is one feature that there is 0 reason to remove. It is not some hefty minigame that requires animations and sound effects. It's f*cking IN the game. It is programming code, that is all. No excuse why it was removed after making it in GTA 4.

• ExitiumMachina, P2FX, Ermac. and 4 others like this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:47 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 18 December 2013 - 10:53 PM.

Hmm, let me think...unlimited vigilante missions or 4 assassination missions?

Gambling or stock market?

Unlimited gang Wars/drug wars or 4 bounty missions?

Such tough choices....

And yeah, if I had to choose between yoga and dancing...dancing would be it simply because its it's more entertaining to watch than yoga.

Also, I'm pretty sure people wanted IMPROVED versions of previous features, not the same exact thing.
  • The real coast guard, Ermac., latigreblue and 1 other like this

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

Such tough choices....

Also, I'm pretty sure people wanted IMPROVED versions of previous features, not the same exact thing.

What do you mean with: "or, or, or". Why can't have them all?

• daliakiller likes this

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

Such tough choices....

I would love to have them all. But, the TC is asking do we really want previous features from older GTA's. Well, compared to the features we ended up with, I would have much rather have had the older features.

Wolfhuman
  • Wolfhuman

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:03 PM

Such tough choices....

I would love to have them all. But, the TC is asking do we really want previous features from older GTA's. Well, compared to the features we ended up with, I would have much rather have had the older features.

Alright let's see:

Vigilante missions, you go after a random criminal and then shoot him ...ok. What could they improve?

Gambling, well this is a hard one but Gambling.

Gang wars: probably the most annoying feature, what is the point of taking a territory? I like the manual gang war in GTA v.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:05 PM

I don't miss ALL features from previous games, but I would've liked some of them to return, and some others to be slightly modified. No game will every be perfect, and some people's favorite features are others most hated, so its up to R* to decide how to do it.

One of the bigger missing features in V would be lack of garages. I personally miss having tons of garages around the map. With so many complaints about the same issue in IV, I'm surprised R* didn't try to make it better in V. 

Missing features like that doesn't ruin the game though, just keeps it from perfection.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

Such tough choices....

Alright let's see:

Vigilante missions, you go after a random criminal and then shoot him ...ok. What could they improve?

Gambling, well this is a hard one but Gambling.

Gang wars: probably the most annoying feature, what is the point of taking a territory? I like the manual gang war in GTA v.

Vigilante missions could involve more than just killing the perp. Hell, they could have made it so you arrest drunk drivers, break up street fights, gang shootouts, you know something fun. It doesn't necessarily have to be even called vigilante...just repeatable missions you get after stealing a cop car.

Gang wars would be like drug wars in TBoGT. You make the choice when to fight and help Lamar out.

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:30 PM Edited by Darth_Starkiller, 18 December 2013 - 11:32 PM.

Yes, I miss buying safehouses, playing pool (even bowling), hydraulics, real missions for business, odd jobs (specially the classic trio, Paramedic, Firefighter and Vigilante), gang wars, drug (which now could include arms) dealing, gambling, karts, stadium events, flamethrowers, swords, chainsaws, crouching, moving on edges, grabbing and throwing objects all that sh*t. "Just" that and GTA V would be perfect.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:10 AM Edited by visionist, 19 December 2013 - 12:11 AM.

The most important update to vigilante would be to lose the menu screen (although a most wanted list could still feature on it) and instead have crime reports come through on the radio as you patrol, like True Crime NY.

To Hell with drug wars; we want drug DEALING like in Chinatown wars. That system is sophisticated. Also, paramedic and firefighter missions could extend to boats and helicopters too, as well as vigilante obviously. Tug boat missions in the harbour, air tug missions in the airport...

• The real coast guard likes this

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

Such tough choices....

And yeah, if I had to choose between yoga and dancing...dancing would be it simply because its it's more entertaining to watch than yoga.

The stock market is like gambling though. Just less so lol.

Either way, I'd like to see both.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

♢ Corverra ♢

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:25 AM

Why are you complaining about complaining that was originated from complaining? Hmmmmm?

Complaining about me complaining about the complaining towards the complainers, I see. :monocle:

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:21 AM

Such tough choices....

The stock market is like gambling though. Just less so lol.

Either way, I'd like to see both.

Definitely...I love the idea of the stock market. I feel it's too scripted in its current form though and I couldn't get consistent success by destroying opposing company vehicles. But that's only with LCN. I didn't use BAWSAQ.

RyanM1995
  • RyanM1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:29 AM

100% agree with OP. This is meant to be a place for big GTA fans and all I read about is people bashing the game. Sure GTA V doesn't have everything but would a feature like going inside burger shot really make it better? Sure it's nice to have but I'm not bothered personally.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:33 AM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 19 December 2013 - 01:33 AM.

Complaining about me complaining about the complaining towards the complainers, I see. :monocle:

Wait...Are you complaining about me complaining about your complaints on people complaining about complaining? Really? I can't believe you'd stoop that low... :lol:

Bishop: It would be fantastic if the stock market was random, and it could be deviated by doing things such as blowing up trucks for companies, etc. Because of its randomness, it would actually be true gambling, and with the interaction, it feels like you have a bigger role. It'd be kind of a bitch to balance, though.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

I'm not saying the game needs to have everything from previous games, but they could have at least kept in things that have always been in the game. Like vigilante missions, or going into restaurants (since VC). It seems kind of backwards in my opinion.

Then there are mechanic improvements that previous games had that V didn't. Like the AI responding to different wounds on certain limbs, walking slow when badly hurt, aiming from Max Payne 3, bullet wounds etc.

I'm more concerned about the things in GTA V that were in IV, RDR, and MP3 - but have no improvements, and actually are worse than the previous game's mechanic/feature.

• The real coast guard and Ermac. like this

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

100% agree with OP. This is meant to be a place for big GTA fans and all I read about is people bashing the game. Sure GTA V doesn't have everything but would a feature like going inside burger shot really make it better? Sure it's nice to have but I'm not bothered personally.

It's because they've been there from the beginning and played all or most of the GTA's, so they can see first hand the deterioration of the GTA franchise, it you aren't included in that category STFU.

• GamerShotgun and matajuegos01 like this

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:54 AM Edited by Official General, 19 December 2013 - 02:50 AM.

..... or do you actually legitimately miss the bad features from previous games.

Okay, they are all bad you are right. Seriously, no one is going to bother listing things when the opinion and tone is set.

@ CantThinkOfOne

To be fair, Futo has a point. If you are gonna ask such a question and expect a sensible answer, then act the right way and don't be having pre-set opposition on one of two different responses. I don't legitimately miss everything from previous GTA titles, no. But I do legitimately miss some things in a great way, yes indeed. I'm gonna say my piece with explanations, so anyone challenging points please read them properly and you will need not keep asking my why I chose these things - it gets tedious repeating myself. Here is what I legitimately miss :

Buying safehouse properties. - I just really missed that great sense of achievement it offered. It just felt real nice to buy a nice home, or set of homes of your choice with your hard-earned cash from your criminal activities. It felt like my criminal exploits were really paying off and that I was now moving up within the in-game world. One day i might feel like staying in my stylish and trendy high rise apartment, another day, I might wanna be in the more spacious surroundings of my palatial, luxury mansion. There was just a real feeling that I had more of an involvement and end purpose to spending all that money I made. This is one of features that really make me miss Vice City and San Andreas. 

More interiors - What I really liked about Vice City, San Andreas, and to some extent, GTA IV was the real sense and feeling of immersion in the world within these games due to them having many interiors. It really enhanced the free roam aspect because I just felt like I could go almost anywhere within the in-game world, and there was almost always something to do/see and people to encounter in outside and inside environments. I can go into a fast food restaurant and eat a burger, I can walk into a store and rob it in a hold up for cash, I can go into a strip club and get a lap dance from a hot chick, I can go into nightclub and dance to bangin' music, I can go to a bar and play pool or darts, I can explore a rundown apartment and come across crackheads or gun-toting thugs in staircase and hallways, I can walk into a hospital for medicine if I'm injured - so much places I know I can go because I can. 

Random shootouts in the streets between rival gangs - All GTA titles have some types of crimes happening in the streets committed by NPCs not involving the player. But what I have greatly missed is to see rival gangs having shootouts with each other in streets, especially in the dangerous parts of the city/map. This feature has not been seen since the GTA III-era, all GTA titles in that era had this feature - but Vice City and San Andreas did this the best. Walking around and seeing rival gangs blast at each in gunfights and hearing the gunshots in the streets just makes for a very thrilling experience - it just provides great element of danger for the player by just being there and not even doing anything. You knew you at once you were in a dangerous area in VC and SA by just being there and this is one thing that I miss from those games SO bad.

To certain people on here - if this feature was in GTA V, I promise you now, I would not have bothered to much about gang wars - this alone would have been more than enough to give me my gang wars fix.

Gang Wars/Drug Wars - I really do miss the feature a lot. Engaging in gang or mob wars in a video game is what drew me to GTA in the first place. Rather than random, meaningless killing people in free-roam, this provided me with a strategic purpose to kill in the game. And it was great fun to play and see in action. Rather than just watch by the sidelines, I'm in the midst of a vicious gang war and fighting to assert my gangster credentials, being a part of my own gang or mob and battling rivals. Whether it was for turf, over drugs, or whatever, I just crave this kind of action in GTA. 

Drug-Dealing - Anything to do with drugs always gets my interest in GTA. I always found selling drugs one of the most fascinating criminal activities in the game - there was always different ways of making this activity so interesting and exciting in previous GTAs, because you just never knew if it would end in violence and shootings or not. And on top of that, it added a great deal of variation to make money in the game that did not always directly involve killing people. 

Car theft import/export - Again, I missed this in GTA V, because in previous GTAs, this mission provided more variation into making money that did not directly involve killing all the time. And there was many different ways of completing the objectives which was very cool too. 

Armed-back up or Gang recruitment for bodyguards - This feature provided so much more added fun to the gameplay experience. Having armed back-up following you around always made any side mission relating to crime twice as exciting. There was always the chance of seeing a crazy, wild shootout because you knew these guys were gonna blast anyone foolish enough to attack on your criminal escapades. In free-roam, having armed back-up follow provided countless opportunities for all kinds of violently explosive role-playing scenarios in the streets or interiors. Hugely missed !

Vigilante - I don't to give to much explanation as to why I missed this. Sometimes you just wanna get on your moral high horse and f**k up other criminals like yourself in your own lawless and reckless way, this feature should always be in GTA. It's straightforward fun that I definitely missed. 

Gambling - It was just a nice way to have something to spend your money on other than material stuff. And most importantly, it was simple, straightforward addictive fun. Since SA, I'm always gonna miss gambling if it's not there. 

Other things but of lesser importance :

* Expensive jewelry (SA)

* More than one major city (fSA)

* Pool

* Club Managment (TBOGT)

* Dating

* Gym/bodybuilding (SA)

* Boxing (SA)

* Cage-fighting (TBOGT)

* Realistic driving (GTA IV)

* Glock Pistol (GTA IV)

* Gang members carrying more than just pistols

Things I don't miss from previous GTAs :

* Jetpack (SA)

* Firefighter missions (GTA III, VC and SA)

* Dancing

* Lowrider competitions (SA)

* Shooting pigeons and seagulls (GTA IV)

* Blurry graphics and draw distance (GTA IV)

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:02 AM

i dont know if it is just me, but when the game was announced and the first gameplay video was released, i immediatly thought that this game would feature everything, or most of things that were in previous titles.. but when it came out, SH*T, too many things that we all loved somehow weren't there! it is like a simple version of all GTAs. every basic thing is there, some improvements in gameplay and sh*t, but it looks a WAY simple and superficial game to me. the game is great the way it is, im having lots of fun doing everything, but i seriously miss many things that we all loved, that wasnt SO HARD to put in this title.

enjoying it too much, but i overhyped it, just like everyone.

• TheMasterfocker likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:03 AM

I miss interiors too, but let's not forget that they were roughly 90% stair wells. 

• WorldWideFM likes this

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:05 AM

One word. Driving.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:45 AM Edited by spamtackey, 19 December 2013 - 02:48 AM.

I legitimately miss everything that they removed from GTA IV that they did not improve upon. I do miss friends calling me and think they could have made it better rather than simply making it so they never call at all. I do miss being able to work towards a reward like cheaper guns or car bombs or backup through hanging out with friends as it gave an extra incentive to do it. I miss grabbing ledges and not having to start my car every time I get into it. I miss bowling and think it would be a great addition to GTA:O for those who like it and the same goes for pool. I miss vigilante as well as the police computer. I also would like to see an expanded take on other old GTA side-missions like Firefighter or Paramedic. They improved Vigilante with IV so I expected them to bring back more of the basic side stuff. 

The game doesn't need to, nor should it, have every feature under the sun. However, I really don't think much of GTA V's side stuff was well thought out. The sports minigames are fun but they cut out other fun minigames. Bounties and Rampages are laughably bad simply due to how few of them there are. I mean seriously, Rampage was in GTA III and GTA III had more of them. The combat in GTA V is much more fun than GTA III so why didn't they take advantage of that? Hunting is good but I feel it could have been done better. Racing is pretty basic although the added variety is nice. Taxi, The Gun Range, and Flight School are nice. The last triathlon is one of the stupidest things I have ever sat through and was not fun in the slightest, but the others were alright. Properties are annoying and I hate them and how they are implemented. I really think the other games did it better. Vice City was the best but the whole second half of that game revolved around properties. They did improve upon the whole random encounter thing, though that was actually done in RDR and used again in GTA V. 

It's not that most of these things aren't fun or anything, it's just that they got the basic gameplay done with GTA IV and GTA V had four years to slightly improve the basics (which were already improved upon by GTA IV's expansions) and to add in a whole bunch of great side content. We didn't really get that IMO. 

• Ermac. and Sting4S like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users