Quantcast

» «
Photo

how am i supposed to be entertained by this?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic
Chekoloco
  • Chekoloco

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

HA!

Confused-Jacksonville-Jaguars-fan-in-sta

• EyeMacHunt likes this

J_L_K_64
  • J_L_K_64

NOT a Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

baby-shampoo.gif

just wanna point out that means tears, as in you tear up paper strips, not as in tears as in people crying about gtao not being fun

• adamsowilliams likes this

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:39 PM Edited by marco-polo, 18 December 2013 - 11:42 PM.

My point was that if you focus on the gameplay and finding an enjoyable gametype (I LOVE the racing), the money and rank ups will come in time.

Yup, when you get in this mindset it makes it more enjoyable, afterwards you start to see a decent amount in the bank account.

That said, make sure you do well paying stuff - i completed 10-12 missions and left with only 45k.

just wanna point out that means tears, as in you tear up paper strips, not as in tears as in people crying about gtao not being fun

It most certainly does not, it won't irritate the eyes is what the message is.

mister2au
  • mister2au

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

If you're not enjoying the journey, the destination will be no better.

Spot on ....

OK, so missions can get a bit repetitive ... but if you can't enjoyment out of racing or PvP combat (DM, LTS, etc) or bounty hunting then you are really missing the point of the game and should put it away.

If you do none of these, then running around free-roam in shiny cars/tanks and randomly shooting people is amusing for all of about 10 minutes - boredom will follow very quickly.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:59 PM

GTA V was awesome. Fun and all. But now... now that i've finished it and i want to get into GTA online... it gets tedious.
Rank 16 and the money doesn't come, and the rp doesn't come, and the funzies don't come.
You ban hackers, you fix glitches and the only way to make money is by giving real one to you?
I would be ok with farming, but it's 10 more annoying rank to go and i have NO IDEA how to get them!
Is anyone here with more than 1.000.000$ that never got modded \ glitched \ farmed money?
What the hell R*

See sig

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:00 AM

GTA V was awesome. Fun and all. But now... now that i've finished it and i want to get into GTA online... it gets tedious.
Rank 16 and the money doesn't come, and the rp doesn't come, and the funzies don't come.
You ban hackers, you fix glitches and the only way to make money is by giving real one to you?
I would be ok with farming, but it's 10 more annoying rank to go and i have NO IDEA how to get them!
Is anyone here with more than 1.000.000$ that never got modded \ glitched \ farmed money?
What the hell R*

A mans got to know his limitations.
  • Zanje likes this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:56 AM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 19 December 2013 - 12:57 AM.

Instead of focusing on rewards and ranking up, focus on the gameplay?  I remember an era where people played games to play games, not to earn arbitrary in game currency and ranks.  If you don't enjoy the gameplay, and only play for loot (I feel like I'm talking about WoW again), why bother?

What world did you live in?

Remember Donkey Kong vs Mario? Fighting for hiscore. Remember Pacman? Fighting for hiscore.

I don't think anyone Mr Game and Watch for gameplay.

jptawok
  • jptawok

Lester the Molestor

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:05 AM

Instead of focusing on rewards and ranking up, focus on the gameplay?  I remember an era where people played games to play games, not to earn arbitrary in game currency and ranks.  If you don't enjoy the gameplay, and only play for loot (I feel like I'm talking about WoW again), why bother?

Remember Donkey Kong vs Mario? Fighting for hiscore. Remember Pacman? Fighting for hiscore.

You're talking about like 5% of the pacman audience that played for high score.  I, and my friends just played for fun.  Same goes for any of the old school Marios, I had 1 friend that cared about his score and about a dozen that just played for funsies.  Sorry but I'm not buyin it.

• Zanje likes this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:08 AM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 19 December 2013 - 01:08 AM.

You're talking about like 5% of the pacman audience that played for high score.  I, and my friends just played for fun.  Same goes for any of the old school Marios, I had 1 friend that cared about his score and about a dozen that just played for funsies.  Sorry but I'm not buyin it.

So all the people that went to the arcades to get the high score on Pacman are the 5%? Sorry. Not buying it.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

...because classic arcade games are the only previous era of gaming....and I used to play scramble, hyperolympics and gyruss for progression as much as score. The amount of time I got to play for was the main thing to me.

Remember Doom? That had no score or levelling, we played to get to new maps and enemies. The gameplay was the reward...

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:19 AM

...because classic arcade games are the only previous era of gaming....and I used to play scramble, hyperolympics and gyruss for progression as much as score. The amount of time I got to play for was the main thing to me.

Remember Doom? That had no score or levelling, we played to get to new maps and enemies. The gameplay was the reward...

"We played to get to new maps and enemies". No. The new maps and enemies were the reward.

So you play for new maps and enemies, and he plays for new weapons and cars. Glad we have an agreement.

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:24 AM

troll-detected-gif.gif

Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

Wait, ranked 16 and you're already exhausted ?? You've barely touched the game, you're still working for Lamar.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

"We played to get to new maps and enemies". No. The new maps and enemies were the reward.

So you play for new maps and enemies, and he plays for new weapons and cars. Glad we have an agreement.
I mentioned doom in response to your suggestion that the point of video games is grinding for high scores. For me its not, and doom is an example of a period where high scores didn't even exist. Where we played a game to enjoy the gameplay and the reward was more gameplay. If we didn't enjoy a game, we tried another one. And we were HAPPY, dammit. You whippersnappers got no idea, now GET OFF MY LAWN.
  • Lee Everett and Zanje like this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 19 December 2013 - 01:52 AM.

I mentioned doom in response to your suggestion that the point of video games is grinding for high scores. For me its not, and doom is an example of a period where high scores didn't even exist. Where we played a game to enjoy the gameplay and the reward was more gameplay. If we didn't enjoy a game, we tried another one. And we were HAPPY, dammit. You whippersnappers got no idea, now GET OFF MY LAWN.

Phsstt, I ain't wanna be on your lawn anyway.  :rah:  

Edit: Btw I agree with you. But remember, that's how you unlock content and more gameplay in this game (by ranking up and getting money). So people can't really say that he isn't trying to enjoy it. Rockstars motto is "Cash is King".

But yeah I do agree with you, have been playing Mass Effect and enjoying every last bit of it :)  (sometimes I load up previous saves just to see what happens if I go a different route >.<)

• RowanSane likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:07 AM

baby-shampoo.gif

are you retarded?

• Zanje likes this

adamsowilliams
  • adamsowilliams

Hustler

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:12 AM

What the hell R*

ive made and spent over 7mil legitimately, with nearly a mil of that being since they nerfed payouts.

cjdavies
  • cjdavies

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:55 AM Edited by cjdavies, 19 December 2013 - 03:00 AM.

I'm close to it, I have $921,118, just by having fun and doing various things. I have not bought a vehicle or an apartment, just the cheapest garage.I started in November and never had the $500,000.

PerceusSOZ
  • PerceusSOZ

gtaforumsmods.freeforums.net

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:00 AM

Before all of this even began, and people were doing missions and grinding them for cash, people made serious money. I used to team with friends grinding harder missions, and before we knew it we had a few million in our pockets. I couldn't tell you what I've made, because for some stupid reason my game says I've made 2 billion from jobs (dafuq), although I'm pretty sure my money from jobs is actually around the 4 million mark.

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:15 AM

baby-shampoo.gif

Are you a f*cking idiot?

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:23 AM

baby-shampoo.gif

Are you a f*cking idiot?

I must know more about this problem of babies hair tearing! TO THE INTERNET!

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

This thread is done

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users