Photo

R* your stupid "you can't grief tank drivers" sucks

107 replies to this topic
Mart1001
  • Mart1001

Peon

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:34 AM

I can't fault this game or what R* are doing with exception to this. I can't understand why R* keep giving the tank more and more protection with each patch, it didn't need any help in the first place, it's a tank ffs. Come on R*, you shove an RPG up the ass of a tank IRL and it stops moving, you do it again and it dies. At least allow jets a lockon, military jets have been able to lockon to tanks for the past 30 years

ScreenSavior
  • ScreenSavior

The opposite of swag.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:25 AM

MY new thing is to sit outside the 400k apartment garage (since EVERYONE owns it) and wait for people to drive out.

I park exactly where where the car stops after the cut scene and then we have a little showdown of is he gonna move first or shall I? If they ram me, they die and pay insurance. If they reverse I drive forward and trap them against the door forcing them back in. They either wait for me to leave or come out the apartment door trying to sneak attack...BUT BOOOMMM I get them just as they think they're going to pull me out of my tank.

Me and my friend also double team some people (no not like that)

I have a tank and he has a fire engine or vice versa. I kill the people who want to fight and he hoses the people in passive. It's all jolly good fun. Then we go to the next lobby.

You're a piece of sh*t.

• SecludedMemory likes this

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:29 AM

^^^^^

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:56 AM

so i was just in a lobby and 2 asshats were griefing with tanks. so i got out my stinger while i was being attacked and got into it and one of the sh*theads ran me over and I had to pay my own insurance? REALLY? i get the whole "you can't ram your car into a tank" anymore but i hadn't even moved the car yet. he ran over me and it cost me $10,625. That's bullsh*t. 

this was after i was killed 3 different times on foot after spawning by said tank owner. i figured, well if he's gonna run me over, he might as well run over my expensive car and cost himself $10k+ but no, now there's no reason for tank owners not to grief, smooth move R^

did you even check his rank, was he like rank 30ish or even lower, coz u do know if they don't have the cash to pay for your insurance you get charged for it, i'm not saying the new protection isn't active or anything im just saying it is possible, also there have been glitches in 1.07 which helped lower rank players purchase tank and for like very low value, thats why there were like lobbies filled with tank users that didn't have the rank or cash for having it..........

He was rank 80 something

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:00 AM Edited by Ninja_Gear, 19 December 2013 - 05:01 AM.

It's impossible to destroy a tank effectively unless you're rank 90+, by which time you have your own tank and are trolling other people

It really isn't. Stealing a Lazer jet from Zancudo is easy and blowing up a tank with its onboard cannons is real fun.

You really should try tank hunting, it's a wonderful sport. I particularly enjoy sending messages to the people who's tank i just destroyed with only the word 'boom!'.

So I would suggest giving it a go :D

Tip to have fun yourself, make a troll account, level 5, i have one to, badsport all the way, 0 cash at hand or bank, spawn set at the militairy base and i blow up everything in the air or on the ground. Personal cars, tanks, ppl riding on BMX, people griefing others, griefers, griefers griefing griefers while griefing griefers ect.. Then go back to your high level PSN-GTAO account and play in peace as a healthy goodsport.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:04 AM

Tanks are overpowered for sure, and they have ruined GTA Online IMO.

The only sure fire way to take out a tank is to use the jet. I have wiped out whole servers with a jet, forcing tank noobs to rage quite. The problem is it takes a good 15 minutes to get a jet, and it only takes 2 minutes to get a Tank. If the tank is destroyed, one phone call gets you another one. If your jet is destroyed you have to go through the motions all over again.

Fighting a tank on foot is useless. 10 RPG's later and they are still unscathed.

If you are pro tank, then chances are you are either:

1. Someone who loves griefing other players
  2. Someone who sucks at the game and has to grab the tank every time you get owned with guns.

The game has become a matter of who can get their tank first and then the whole lobby is a tank war. This is killed 70% of decent street level action in GTA Online, and its such a shame

• FasterThanYou, Mart1001 and Jolly SWAGman like this

lo0p
  • lo0p

I hate players.

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

Well at least a bunch of random non hackers that got a random billion gift/bounty are in cheaters lobbies.  I'd rather get rid of those guys than dozens of tank griefers.  Glad R* has their priorities straight. 

:rol:

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:31 AM

insert cock-gobbling noises here

Its so cute how proud you are of your fa**otry. 

gtarelatedusername2
  • gtarelatedusername2

Demanufacture

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

oh sh*t speculating on someone's sexual orientation holy f*ck I'm in Edgeville I can't handle the cool.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

level 245 & can't escape a tank? also 10k shouldnt matter if your ranked that high. LASTLY I think you were hoping the tank driver would pay the insurance, & that's why you took out an expensive car.

pro tip: don't go towards the BOOM! if you're not willing to die.
  • EdF4ce likes this

Sterling Malory Archer
  • Sterling Malory Archer

What the sh*t? I'm playing GRAND THEFT TANK

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:43 AM

yknkPuP.jpg

• Zevares likes this

Jolly SWAGman
  • Jolly SWAGman

Has a jumbuck in his tucker bag

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:51 AM Edited by Jolly SWAGman, 19 December 2013 - 06:04 AM.

Tanks are overpowered for sure, and they have ruined GTA Online IMO.

The only sure fire way to take out a tank is to use the jet. I have wiped out whole servers with a jet, forcing tank noobs to rage quite. The problem is it takes a good 15 minutes to get a jet, and it only takes 2 minutes to get a Tank. If the tank is destroyed, one phone call gets you another one. If your jet is destroyed you have to go through the motions all over again.

Fighting a tank on foot is useless. 10 RPG's later and they are still unscathed.

If you are pro tank, then chances are you are either:

• Someone who loves griefing other players
  • Someone who sucks at the game and has to grab the tank every time you get owned with guns.
The game has become a matter of who can get their tank first and then the whole lobby is a tank war. This is killed 70% of decent street level action in GTA Online, and its such a shame
This.
Sure you can kill tanks but when a few roll into a session your only real option is to continuously fight tanks for no real reward or change sessions.

To those saying "if you don't want to fight tanks go to a private lobby" a similar thing could have been said to you "if you don't want to accrue bad sport points from cars running into you, play in a private lobby". I can't remember anyone saying tanks were underpowered and needed a boost and it's ridiculous that every patch seems to aid tank users in some way. I think ramming cars into a tank was a fair tactic. You can hardly say fighting people on foot or in cars from an armoured war machine is a something someone with good sense of sportsmanship would do.
  • Mart1001 and gtSilver like this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:36 AM Edited by blk95ta, 19 December 2013 - 07:37 AM.

level 245 & can't escape a tank? also 10k shouldnt matter if your ranked that high. LASTLY I think you were hoping the tank driver would pay the insurance, & that's why you took out an expensive car.

pro tip: don't go towards the BOOM! if you're not willing to die.

the money isn't the point. yes i can easily afford the $10k. the point was i was sick of the jackass spawnkilling me and figured if he killed me in my expensive ferrari and got hit with a large bill, he'd stop being a douche. 

i could have escaped him at any time using my D pad and changing back to single player.

EdF4ce
  • EdF4ce

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:03 AM

R* did this so you could not ram tanks purposely to give them a bad sport. You can easily avoid a tank in a car, deal with it.

did you not read where i was running to my car after spawning when i was blown up as i entered said car? my choices were either run on foot or stand there in passive and get run over. i've already reported both of these guys for griefing. f*ck assholes like that. 

FWIW i'm a lvl 245 and have my own tank but it does no f*cking good when you get killed coming out of your garage or 5 seconds after you spawn, etc. the reason i spawned the ferrari was sort of a warning of "blow me up and it'll cost you $10k" type of thing.

Reporting players for using a tank, you f*cking little bitch! I'm gonna report you for simply owning a tank! f*ck you! If you don't like being killed in a PvP game then play solo or not at all! You cannot report people for simply playing the game. Its up to you to be smart enough to figure out how to get out of these situations, don't get so butthurt about tanks just coz you are too f*cking stupid to know how to deal with them!

"my choices w either run on foot or stand there in passive and get run over."  How about switching sessions or starting a job? The most simple and effective way of getting out of these situations, people do it all the time when I start blasting them. Its not the tank drivers fault you are so bloody stupid! 

Goddamn people like you make me want to commit f*cking genocide!

butternutcherrios
  • butternutcherrios

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

You peasants are whiny. Best to keep the drawbridge up. Bring out your dead.
  • Winning001 likes this

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitch³

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

How many rockets does it take to kill a tank?

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:44 PM

I can't count how many times I've been griefed by non-tank players while just minding my own business. No matter if I try to drive away, or avoid their attacks, they keep coming. Once those players see the tank, it's "game on" and they won't stop until it's destroyed, which ruins my enjoyment.

Lol that is total bullsh*t. Tank users NEVER mind their own business. I don't think I've ever caught sight of someone in a tank and not been shot at and/or blown up and spawn killed.

They can kill cops and NPCs in a private session anyway. If they choose to bring the battle to me then I'm going to do everything I can to turn it into charred metal.

Your claim that my comment is BS is incorrect, because friend, you're communicating with a tank player who minds his own business. I take my tank to the beach to hit the NPC boats and cars off the highway. It's a ton of fun, for me, and I bother no one.

So, just because you've never encountered someone who is genuinely a decent player, doesn't mean we don't exist; I suspect that you, yourself, just by the tone of your reply are among those who take great joy in going after tanks even if they've done nothing to you. Of course, I'll admit I could be wrong, too. 

Cheers. ;) 

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

You peasants are whiny. Best to keep the drawbridge up. Bring out your dead.

Bring out your deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaad                                   *ding*

• Goromaia likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

JUST PLAIN CRAZY!!!

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

Go get a different game that doesn't have PvP; maybe Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for Xbox.. heard it's like the best thing since Unreal Tournament 99

i used to have sonic the hedgehog 2006 (i'm a sonic fan) and it's buggy as heck don't buy it.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

I've got it

they want to turn this game into world of tanks

it's their only chance to sell cash cards

next DLC there's 20 all new tanks each costing a couple of million

forcing people to buy more cashcards than ever recuperating all the money the lost by people glitching XD

in all seriousness though, I don't get this either

why should the tank of all weapons be exempt from bad sports?

makes no sense whatsoever.

Sterling Malory Archer, on 19 Dec 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

yknkPuP.jpg

LOL, post that on a support ticket

that might get it tough R*'s thick skulls that these tanks really are a problem

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

I've got it

they want to turn this game into world of tanks

it's their only chance to sell cash cards

next DLC there's 20 all new tanks each costing a couple of million

forcing people to buy more cashcards than ever recuperating all the money the lost by people glitching XD

in all seriousness though, I don't get this either

why should the tank of all weapons be exempt from bad sports?

makes no sense whatsoever.

Sterling Malory Archer, on 19 Dec 2013 - 06:43 AM, said:

yknkPuP.jpg

LOL, post that on a support ticket

that might get it tough R*'s thick skulls that these tanks really are a problem

That's funny more than anything.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

Tanks need:

1) To be an slower vehicle.

2) To reload slower.

3) To lose hitscan cannon (should have projectile drop and speed instead of instant hitscan)

4) To lose some armour. 5 Buzzard missiles should do it.

5) To be locked on by aircrafts.

Then it´s game on. Tank > people on foot > Buzzard > tank

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Sh*tdick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

I Called my tank and had a level 8 get in my car. I drove him to the spawn let him have it and got the hell to my apt to watch cctv :)

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:57 PM Edited by SuperDuperGta, 19 December 2013 - 04:57 PM.

They should just put really long wait times on tanks. like 3 days would stop the ridiculousness

Winning001
  • Winning001

Join the cool people. Set it to North Korea today!

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

The rhino is wimpy garbage compared to an Abrams tank. just imagine if one of those were in the game

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:57 PM

R* did this so you could not ram tanks purposely to give them a bad sport. You can easily avoid a tank in a car, deal with it.

did you not read where i was running to my car after spawning when i was blown up as i entered said car? my choices were either run on foot or stand there in passive and get run over. i've already reported both of these guys for griefing. f*ck assholes like that. 

FWIW i'm a lvl 245 and have my own tank but it does no f*cking good when you get killed coming out of your garage or 5 seconds after you spawn, etc. the reason i spawned the ferrari was sort of a warning of "blow me up and it'll cost you $10k" type of thing.

Reporting players for using a tank, you f*cking little bitch! I'm gonna report you for simply owning a tank! f*ck you! If you don't like being killed in a PvP game then play solo or not at all! You cannot report people for simply playing the game. Its up to you to be smart enough to figure out how to get out of these situations, don't get so butthurt about tanks just coz you are too f*cking stupid to know how to deal with them!

"my choices w either run on foot or stand there in passive and get run over."  How about switching sessions or starting a job? The most simple and effective way of getting out of these situations, people do it all the time when I start blasting them. Its not the tank drivers fault you are so bloody stupid! 

Ur such a dick, people are trying towards a fun fairer game and you get upset because you're one of the people who needs that tank to be good

Khelandros
  • Khelandros

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:09 PM

How to survive a tank in three easy steps.

1. Go passive.

2. Steal the tank by forcing them out of it.( Hold triangle on PS3)

3. Watch them rage trying to get their tank back.

For added fun drive it into the ocean where it just sits and sits.

If you can't do the preceding steps then you should probably quit playing GTAO because you are a terrible player.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:34 PM Edited by Yogogamer, 19 December 2013 - 07:34 PM.

1. Go passive.

If you can't do the preceding steps then you should probably quit playing GTAO because you are a terrible player.

You aren't too bright, Are you? Sure, You can into passive, But you can still die if you get run over, And 99% of the time you wouldn't have time to run up to the tank to force them out of it, Why? Because you'd be already dead, I hate when people say "Play another game" or "You suck at it", These forums...Smh

1. Go passive.

You aren't too bright, Are you? Sure, You can into passive, But you can still die if you get

Your'e a proper psychopath, If playing a game makes you want to commit genocide, Get help

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:40 PM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 19 December 2013 - 07:40 PM.

Tanks need:

3) To lose hitscan cannon (should have projectile drop and speed instead of instant hitscan)

You've clearly never been in a tank.  You've read that myth on here when posted by butt-hurts and now perpetuate it.

Get in a tank - aim at the sky - shoot.

sccojake
  • sccojake

Proud Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

My own two cents on this issue, or rather the insurance issues are as such:

If i have a PV insured and you destroy it in any way (shooting until it blows up, running it over with a tank, driving it into the ocean[the game should just check who the last driver is, though to be fair you shouldn't let them into your car], sticky bombs, etc.) then YOU should pay the insurance.  If I f*ck up and destroy it in some way, or if I ram a tank (Note: RAM a tank, not get run over or blown up by the cannon) then yeah, stick me with the bill.  If YOU don't have the cash?  YOU should go into the negative.  Not giving BS points for tank kills?  I'm OK with that, but I also think that tank kills shouldn't count towards you K/D ratio.

As annoying as it is having a child play with their tank when all I'm trying to do is get from point A to point B, it is a PvP game and I think we all have to accept that people can and will attack you with whatever they have, regardless of what you are doing.  That said, there is no reason they shouldn't get at least a slap on the wrist for doing so.  Just because you are in a tank shouldn't mean you get to avoid any kind of penalties for being a douche.  Blow my car up, fine, but pay the bill like an adult.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users