Photo

R* your stupid "you can't grief tank drivers" sucks

107 replies to this topic
blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:20 PM

What level are you? I find tanks dont really mess with levels 100 and over. When i get a tank ass wipe, i usually make them run because of the weapons i have. If youre a noob passive is your friend. However, learn to fight, or run.

245, but these guys were heavy spawn killers. you'd spawn and they'd immediatly shoot you with the tank, including coming out of the garage, and if you were in passive they'd knock you over and sit on you until you died.

Ros
  • Ros

Winterfell Royalty

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:21 PM

I successfully sniped a tank griefer for the first time last night. Kind of dumb how they have more protection post-1.08, especially since I know level 40s running around with a tanks did not acquire it legitimately.

If people want to fight NPCs & such in a tank, then why not just start an invite only session where you can enjoy doing so in peace? If anyone sees a tank in a public session they're most likely gonna either run or attack.

But then again most players in tanks are just griefers.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:21 PM Edited by blk95ta, 18 December 2013 - 10:22 PM.

i've already reported both of these guys for griefing.

Yeah, I also hate when people don't get out of their vehicle and let me kill them. F*cking griefers.

And when they kill me in a PvP game, just because they can? And because they get rewarded for it? Because that's the point? Griefers!

f*ck this game, full of griefers. First it was CoD, with people always shooting me and blowing me up without giving me a chance to kill them first, and now it's this sh*t. It's like you griefers think you're just playing the game and I'm actually just bad at it. Wtf!

I'm done with all these f*cking video games, I'm going to go play Chess instead. Unless the kid I'm playing against takes too many of my pieces without losing any himself, then I'm going to tell on him. And when nothing happens, I'll rage on the Chess forums about all the griefers there too.

...aaaand now you know why reporting people for griefing doesn't do anything, because bad players flood it with BS complaints like this whenever they get frustrated over not being good enough to stay alive in a PvP environment.

You can easily avoid a tank in a car, deal with it.

ok so how do i make the game spawn me IN my car after i die and after it's blown up by a tank?

My personal solution is to not put myself in that situation to begin with.

But to answer your question, it doesn't need to be "your" car. Any car works.

ok so how do i spawn in ANY car so i'm not run over by a tank <5 seconds after i spawn?

by the time you break the window and hotwire the car you're already dead. might as well run for it, or just stand there and let them kill you over and over again. 

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

Oh look angry peasants

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'm no peasant i assure you of that. i'm just tired of douchebags who's only purpose is to piss off other players. i am happy to say i have rammed many stingers up the ass of asshole tank griefers costing them $10,625 each time. i wasn't one of the people who would do it over and over, but if someone spawn killed me in a tank or killed me while i was minding my own business, i would give them a ferrari enema. R^ shouldn't have taken that away since it's a legit form of defense against griefers in tanks. if they end up paying tens of thousands of $ in insurance claims it might make them think twice about being dickheads.

UpperBoss
  • UpperBoss

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:37 PM

I can't count how many times I've been griefed by non-tank players while just minding my own business. No matter if I try to drive away, or avoid their attacks, they keep coming. Once those players see the tank, it's "game on" and they won't stop until it's destroyed, which ruins my enjoyment.

Lol that is total bullsh*t. Tank users NEVER mind their own business. I don't think I've ever caught sight of someone in a tank and not been shot at and/or blown up and spawn killed.

They can kill cops and NPCs in a private session anyway. If they choose to bring the battle to me then I'm going to do everything I can to turn it into charred metal.

I agree with you. it's rare if a tank has you in sight but doesn't shoot.

it's either avoid or take the blast.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:41 PM

I just read.the updates. Ive never tried nor wanted to grief tank users, however most of them i encountered were assholes blowing players up. The thing i dont agree with is R* making being this type of ass easier. They claim theyre looking out for "nice" tank users whom are deliberately targeted by players to get them in BS...bullsh*t. smdh thumbs down R*

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

I just read.the updates. Ive never tried nor wanted to grief tank users, however most of them i encountered were assholes blowing players up. The thing i dont agree with is R* making being this type of ass easier. They claim theyre looking out for "nice" tank users whom are deliberately targeted by players to get them in BS...bullsh*t. smdh thumbs down R*

exactly. people don't generally assram tanks with cars just because they are there. they do it because it's the one line of defense against said tank. not only does it cost the tank owner money, but it damages the tank itself. so a tank griefer starts attacking a lobby and people take turns giving him a car enema. 1. it costs him money and 2. it damages the tank so it will eventually blow up. That is, or was the best way to keep people from griefing in tanks. 

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Whats funny is yesterday i was in a lobby with a tank griefer in BC, he blasted every player in sight (including me) until the players got in cars and ran back to the city. I called for a heli, now its funny because i followed this dick head in the air, and im watching him...he was actually driving his tank AROUND NPC vehicles to avoid collision. I smdh...that is pure example of why tanks should have more punishment.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by smokingndriving, 18 December 2013 - 11:07 PM.

Maybe I didn't have the update applied early this AM or something - tried to ram a tank again with an Adder and it bounced off like a superball (WTF?). They still paid the insurance when they blew me up, but couldn't ram the car into the tank.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

Maybe I didn't have the update applied early this AM or something - tried to ram a tank again with an Adder and it bounced off like a superball (WTF?). They still paid the insurance when they blew me up, but couldn't ram the car into the tank.

was the tank stationary ?

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

I can't count how many times I've been griefed by non-tank players while just minding my own business. No matter if I try to drive away, or avoid their attacks, they keep coming. Once those players see the tank, it's "game on" and they won't stop until it's destroyed, which ruins my enjoyment.

Lol that is total bullsh*t. Tank users NEVER mind their own business. I don't think I've ever caught sight of someone in a tank and not been shot at and/or blown up and spawn killed.

They can kill cops and NPCs in a private session anyway. If they choose to bring the battle to me then I'm going to do everything I can to turn it into charred metal.

Wrong.

Only tonight I was driving round in my tank and NOT attacking other players.  One guy kept driving past and dropping grenades, so I blew him up, but only after about 3 or 4 attempts on his part.  I then went about my business and did not go looking for him when he respawned.

When I'm in a tank I will beep people and keep driving.  I only shoot when shot at (expect when I spot an LSC camper.  I allow them to think there's a car coming in for a respray and they get a SURPRISE MOTHERf*ckER!  LSC camping is as bad as spawn killing.)

• Goromaia likes this

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:45 PM

This new rule is not fair at all. I have seen a tank camping at mors mutual waiting for cars to spawn so they could run them over to grief players. As if griefing players with a tank couldn't get any worse now they purposly run over player vehicles at mors mutual. I have also seen this in 2 different lobbies. As a legit player who has never cheated/glitched/joined a hacked lobby/or been gifted $ this is straight unfair almost all of you tank users cheated or glitched for them and have the money to burn. I never rammed a single tank with a personal vehicle either pre patch 1.08 yet I have had my Entity ran over at mors mutual in 2 different lobbies post patch 1.08. Thats almost 20 grand, as a legit player that goes a long way.

thefik
  • thefik

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

This new rule is not fair at all. I have seen a tank camping at mors mutual waiting for cars to spawn so they could run them over to grief players. As if griefing players with a tank couldn't get any worse now they purposly run over player vehicles at mors mutual. I have also seen this in 2 different lobbies. As a legit player who has never cheated/glitched/joined a hacked lobby/or been gifted $ this is straight unfair almost all of you tank users cheated or glitched for them and have the money to burn. I never rammed a single tank with a personal vehicle either pre patch 1.08 yet I have had my Entity ran over at mors mutual in 2 different lobbies post patch 1.08. Thats almost 20 grand, as a legit player that goes a long way.

before you call mors, call your mechanic to bring you another car.  then call mors.  the replacement will show up in your garage instead of at their office.

sparkydeltorro
  • sparkydeltorro

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:52 PM

Here we go arguing amongst ourselves again about tanks when the problem only exists because of Rockstar's retarded bad sport/ insurance systems that are sh*t for the game and don't even work properly

havingfunz
  • havingfunz

Thug

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:55 PM

so i was just in a lobby and 2 asshats were griefing with tanks. so i got out my stinger while i was being attacked and got into it and one of the sh*theads ran me over and I had to pay my own insurance? REALLY? i get the whole "you can't ram your car into a tank" anymore but i hadn't even moved the car yet. he ran over me and it cost me $10,625. That's bullsh*t. 

this was after i was killed 3 different times on foot after spawning by said tank owner. i figured, well if he's gonna run me over, he might as well run over my expensive car and cost himself $10k+ but no, now there's no reason for tank owners not to grief, smooth move R^

did you even check his rank, was he like rank 30ish or even lower, coz u do know if they don't have the cash to pay for your insurance you get charged for it, i'm not saying the new protection isn't active or anything im just saying it is possible, also there have been glitches in 1.07 which helped lower rank players purchase tank and for like very low value, thats why there were like lobbies filled with tank users that didn't have the rank or cash for having it..........

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

Sounds like he had no money on that character so he didn't have to pay the insurance.

I agree with this, unless it was explicitly stated somewhere that tank drivers now can't pay insurance and I've missed that, please link so I know not to be stupid around them.

Silver_Paladin
  • Silver_Paladin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:00 AM Edited by Silver_Paladin, 19 December 2013 - 12:02 AM.

jets? pfft...amateurs. il snipe you off that silly thing in my tank and make you regret it. most of the idiots that attempt this with me crash into a building before they hit me with anything anyways.

anyway getting back to the point  some people do really ask for getting massacred  with a tank.. i mean.. im just minding my business and some guy thinks its funny to send a mugger  at me(while not being in a tank), not only did i kill the mugger before he even got close to me. but i sent mercenaries, 9k bounty and another mugger to the guy and blasted him 5-10 times in my tank. that should teach him

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:02 AM

@Thefik good to know. Yet most of the players that are still getting this done to them do not know this and don't use this site. I'm a lvl 117 and I had no idea about your little trick which will save me from grief but clearly the tanks are still getting plenty of cars to destroy otherwise they wouldn't camp there.
@Thefik good to know. Yet most of the players that are still getting this done to them do not know this and don't use this site. I'm a lvl 117 and I had no idea about your little trick which will save me from grief but clearly the tanks are still getting plenty of cars to destroy otherwise they wouldn't camp there.

Headdogg81
  • Headdogg81

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:17 AM

I generally avoid tanks where I can but I admit I had some fun with one last night. Completely unprovoked he started hurling shells at me. Luckily he missed and I was able to get around a corner to avoid the fire. He started to follow. I put a sticky on the ground and went around the next corner stopping just shy so I could see when he came around the corner. When he drove over the sticky, BOOM. Add a bounty and after a few stickies he was gone. I would have thought he would move on after being hit a few times with C4 up his a$$ but no. Not the sharpest tools in the tanks. Im not saying its a cost effective way either but it was fun to taunt the idiot.

• OOM 313 likes this

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:21 AM Edited by whitebic, 19 December 2013 - 12:23 AM.

I successfully sniped a tank griefer for the first time last night. Kind of dumb how they have more protection post-1.08, especially since I know level 40s running around with a tanks did not acquire it legitimately.

If people want to fight NPCs & such in a tank, then why not just start an invite only session where you can enjoy doing so in peace? If anyone sees a tank in a public session they're most likely gonna either run or attack.

But then again most players in tanks are just griefers.

if you don't want to be griefed why don't you play invite only session?

f*cking peasants I don't give a f*ck if you ram me with adders I got 3.8b to blow on insurance lol.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

I just bought a tank 2 days ago. I remember the days of getting spawn raped by tankers. I gotta say I've taken mine out a few times to start a 5 star demo derby with the police. As long as no one tries to take me out or ram me I'm peaceful to the other online players. I gotta tell you though, one climbed on my turret and threw a sticky and after he did that all bets were off, every white dot on my radar was fair game (no I don't hunt randoms down it was a 2 square block area I made my killbox). As for killing tanks, good luck if you don't get them the first time with a hajji suicide vehicle covered in Semtex. Second best way is to just snipe them from distance.

jtet37
  • jtet37

Want his Police Buffalo back.....

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:27 AM

this, this below x1000. people griefing tanks are way worse, more determined and mpore common than tank 'griefers' more than a few times, ive called out my tank to deal w another spawn killing tanker. even tho there were a bunch of people talking on the mic, and i made it very clear i wasnt going after anyone but the other tank, they still freaked out and attacked unprovoked or left.

i also think calling using the tank 'griefing' is not very accurate, because like someone else said earlier, what else are you supposed to do w a tank???

maybe if you dont like being killed, join a different session, start an invite only session, or play a different game?

FW3's Simple Guide to Living Peacefully with Tanks

1. Avoid tanks.

2. Switch sessions.
3. Go Passive (it's free!)
4. Level up, save up, and go get your own tank.
5. If tanks are really making you mad, take a break from GTA5O.

To note, some of us worked hard doing missions, races, dms, etc., to level up and saved every $ to be able to legitimately buy a tank.

Some of us enjoy casually driving around and battling the NPCs and cops.

However, I can't count how many times I've been griefed by non-tank players while just minding my own business. No matter if I try to drive away, or avoid their attacks, they keep coming. Once those players see the tank, it's "game on" and they won't stop until it's destroyed, which ruins my enjoyment.

And for me, if I'm not bothering anyone and someone starts griefing me, then yeah, you're getting blasted. And they ALWAYS claim it was the tank player's fault.

I love my tank. I named her Hildegaard. <3

• AzraelX likes this

Jokimoto
  • Jokimoto

Disco Bandit

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

I do exist, I do exist, I do exist, I do exist!   :panic:

I'm with Furry Monkey. I don't join public sessions much at all, but when I do I like to blow up cops, specifically cops chasing other players.  I honk at anyone nearby, stop, even point the turret away from them, and most of the time (65%?) they continue what they were doing. 

But then there are those people who just can't.... seem.... to help themselves.  They whip out a pistol, or an smg, or occasionally an RPG or grenades or whatnot, and start  pow pow powing at me. With everything but the RPG I honk again, back up, and if they still keep coming I kill them then kill them again the next 3 or 4 times they spawn. Then I"m done.

With the RPGers I blast them immediately.  :lol:

It's a lot of fun to get together with 3 or 4 randoms, them holed up in an alley or a rooftop, me kabooming everything and anything cop-ish in sight. It's tedious dealing with the ones who flip out at the mere sight of me, but meh, usually after the 3rd or 4th kill they get the message and we leave each other alone.

I've met guys roaming in tanks who weren't at all out for cops. If I can't take them out I leave the session. I wouldn't be in a public session if I weren't up for anything. There's no point in being angry at them, just like there's no point being angry at the "omgtankwtfbbq"ers. 

• Goromaia likes this

GrottiCollector
  • GrottiCollector

80s Tom Cruise

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:33 AM Edited by GrottiCollector, 19 December 2013 - 01:34 AM.

Driving a tank isn't all it's cracked up to be but R* has actually improved it a lot. It used to be you would fire one rocket and 78 "IM GONNA F-ING KILL YOU MOTHERF-CKER!!" cops would ram the back of your tank causing a giant explosion that got you instant 4 stars. Really annoying, especially for players like me who just drive tanks for defense rather than offense. 

I am a patroller. I roll around the streets scaring spawnkillers off and helping little dudes. Very rarely do I use the weapons.

luisniko
  • luisniko

@ Elpis

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

If you're in Passive mode and  they rammed you or crush your car with you still inside, you're still dead. 

Report to rockstar bro. Their system is screwed up

xskinzcity
  • xskinzcity

Lord of War

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:09 AM

i disagree with u. i never blow someone up unless they did something to me before i picked up my tank... such as blowing up my car and having me pay for the insurance. i usually just drive around in a tank and notice a trail of people following me. like i said, i wont blow them up. its the moment they throw a sticky or shoot at me is when i attack.

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

MY new thing is to sit outside the 400k apartment garage (since EVERYONE owns it) and wait for people to drive out.

I park exactly where where the car stops after the cut scene and then we have a little showdown of is he gonna move first or shall I? If they ram me, they die and pay insurance. If they reverse I drive forward and trap them against the door forcing them back in. They either wait for me to leave or come out the apartment door trying to sneak attack...BUT BOOOMMM I get them just as they think they're going to pull me out of my tank.

Me and my friend also double team some people (no not like that)

I have a tank and he has a fire engine or vice versa. I kill the people who want to fight and he hoses the people in passive. It's all jolly good fun. Then we go to the next lobby.

iTechGuy668
  • iTechGuy668

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

If the person doesn't have the money you will have to pay. 

EX: If I get my adder blown up by a someone running it over with a tank (insure is 12.5k)

If that person only has 500$ in the bank it will add that towards the bill meaning I will have the pay the rest.

Its stupid but Its how it works.

gtSilver
  • gtSilver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:15 AM

1 tank killing everyone is no longer an issue. Way too many options now to counter it. Credit this forum because from the time you get the first sniper rifle all you have to learn is to be patient and wait from roof top to roof top. (read that little tips on this forums waaaaay back)

Then there's the sticky bomb car suicide run. Both of which are my favourites if I am using my rank 45 character. 

on my 1st character however (rank 126), and just last night, I was hunted by two tanks, and a 3rd in a car. That was a real challenge and a fun way to learn all the "Practical" counter measures. Here's what I found that was most enjoyable for me

- passive and escape -  re engage when they get bored waiting - remove passive and go for cheap shots with RPG and or Mini Gun

- deep alleyway where you can plant stickies where the tank has to round a corner to get to. This was hard to do  but lots of giggles when you pull off.

- mugger to one tank, remove passive, attempt to jack the second tank if the mugger is successful on the first. tank. Incredibly fascinating to do. 

- the support car was screaming on the mic "my bad" after allowing the mugger to get passed him  :lol:

Perhaps the best "pro-tip" i learned here is that, don't take it to too hard if you die or get killed, there's no consequence anyways. There's no "game over" 

I died more than a dozen times in this session, but i got one tank 4 times, the other 2 times, the guy in car -Zero- because he didn't shoot at me. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users