» «
Photo

R* your stupid "you can't grief tank drivers" sucks

107 replies to this topic
blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:55 PM Edited by blk95ta, 18 December 2013 - 08:56 PM.

so i was just in a lobby and 2 asshats were griefing with tanks. so i got out my stinger while i was being attacked and got into it and one of the sh*theads ran me over and I had to pay my own insurance? REALLY? i get the whole "you can't ram your car into a tank" anymore but i hadn't even moved the car yet. he ran over me and it cost me $10,625. That's bullsh*t. 

this was after i was killed 3 different times on foot after spawning by said tank owner. i figured, well if he's gonna run me over, he might as well run over my expensive car and cost himself $10k+ but no, now there's no reason for tank owners not to grief, smooth move R^

Jyra
  • Jyra

Radical Larry

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

Go get a jet

Go get a buzzard

Go get a RPG

Go get a Sniper

Go get your car and park it where they will go not where they are... let them shoot it or run over it... how many lvl 30s can resist shooting at a car?

Go get a different game that doesn't have PvP; maybe Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for Xbox.. heard it's like the best thing since Unreal Tournament 99

• AzraelX, NDE108, jtet37 and 3 others like this

yete420
  • yete420

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

should report this because this is messed

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:59 PM Edited by stonedpimpso, 19 December 2013 - 04:03 PM.

EDITED *DIDNT READ POST PROPERLY LOL*

• EdF4ce likes this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:01 PM

your answer to a player in a tank was to slam your ass into them over and over and over dying repeatedly. You deserve your own stupidity and insurance bill for that. Deal with it with your brain not your bumper...

Looks like somebody didn't read the post before replying!

• luisniko, Mart1001, sSphInXx and 1 other like this

Aizcold
  • Aizcold

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:01 PM Edited by ElvisGouranga, 18 December 2013 - 09:02 PM.

Next time you see a tank just go to Zancudo, steal a jet, then blast the fool with the cannons. Did this with a lvl 120 something douche that was spawnkilling everyone in sight. After destroying his tank three times he decided to leave the lobby.

I understand Rockstar made this change though, being able to roam around in tanks is something a lot of people probably enjoy and if they'd have to pay insurance fees everytime they run over a personal vehicle or when someone crashes into them that would probably ruin most of the fun of owning a tank.

Don't have one myself though, tank hunting in a Lazer is way more fun :D

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:03 PM Edited by blk95ta, 18 December 2013 - 09:05 PM.

so get this, i left the server so i would spawn back in my apartment, and then  went back iinto it  and went to drive my coquette out of my garage. he blew it up again (just like he did my phoenix earlier before i spawned the stinger) and for some reason the coquette got blown up but spawned on the street. i ran to get it and was run over and killed again. i spawned even further away from the coquette and it was blown up by one of the guys without me even in it and i got billed another $1725 for an insurance claim. WTF? 

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:05 PM Edited by AzraelX, 18 December 2013 - 09:05 PM.

were griefing with tanks

No, they were using tanks to kill people, which is their express purpose. The opposite of "griefing".

You shouldn't play a PvP game that gives players tanks to use if that's a feature you cannot enjoy.

There's a million games out there. Pick one you actually like instead of complaining that you don't like the one you already have.

Go get a jet

Go get a buzzard

Go get a RPG

Go get a Sniper

Go get your car and park it where they will go not where they are... let them shoot it or run over it... how many lvl 30s can resist shooting at a car?

Go get a different game that doesn't have PvP; maybe Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 for Xbox.. heard it's like the best thing since Unreal Tournament 99

Logic?! That's even more imba than a tank, wow. Stop griefing the thread with all this sense you're making.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:07 PM

Go get a jet

Go get a buzzard

Go get a RPG

Go get a Sniper

Takes to much time and effort

Rarely spawns anymore

Have to be level 100+

Have to be level 90+ for the Heavy Sniper

How can you tell where they will go?

:/ Go get a game that doesn't have PvP? Really, Jyra?

Even though you did give the OP some advice - however bad it was - , you didn't have to be a dick while doing so.

• Magick likes this

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:08 PM

Oh look angry peasants
  • jtet37, al_balmer, SetOnFire and 1 other like this

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:08 PM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 18 December 2013 - 09:09 PM.

i figured, well if he's gonna run me over, he might as well run over my expensive car and cost himself $10k+

Your own fault.

• UltimateVenom and EdF4ce like this

lRushdown
  • lRushdown

HERO

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Sounds like he had no money on that character so he didn't have to pay the insurance.

ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

removing the insurance bill from someone driving into a tank is a good thing.

making it so the guy in the tank is free to grief everyone with out insurance or bad sport is stupid.

Jaggs
  • Jaggs

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

What to do against a tank:

* Passive mode

* Run into alleyway

* Either Start job / leave session or get into a car and drive away, he won't be able to keep up.

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

It's impossible to destroy a tank effectively unless you're rank 90+, by which time you have your own tank and are trolling other people

• sSphInXx likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by fw3, 18 December 2013 - 09:20 PM.

FW3's Simple Guide to Living Peacefully with Tanks

1. Avoid tanks.

2. Switch sessions.

3. Go Passive (it's free!)
4. Level up, save up, and go get your own tank.
5. If tanks are really making you mad, take a break from GTA5O.

To note, some of us worked hard doing missions, races, dms, etc., to level up and saved every $ to be able to legitimately buy a tank.

Some of us enjoy casually driving around and battling the NPCs and cops.

However, I can't count how many times I've been griefed by non-tank players while just minding my own business. No matter if I try to drive away, or avoid their attacks, they keep coming. Once those players see the tank, it's "game on" and they won't stop until it's destroyed, which ruins my enjoyment.

And for me, if I'm not bothering anyone and someone starts griefing me, then yeah, you're getting blasted. And they ALWAYS claim it was the tank player's fault.

I love my tank. I named her Hildegaard. <3

• Ninja_Gear and tapz63 like this

Aizcold
  • Aizcold

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

It's impossible to destroy a tank effectively unless you're rank 90+, by which time you have your own tank and are trolling other people

It really isn't. Stealing a Lazer jet from Zancudo is easy and blowing up a tank with its onboard cannons is real fun.

You really should try tank hunting, it's a wonderful sport. I particularly enjoy sending messages to the people who's tank i just destroyed with only the word 'boom!'.

So I would suggest giving it a go :D

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

i just drive around the block in my entity, tanks cant catch me lol

GTAPhilly1
  • GTAPhilly1

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

This is great news Ill be on tonight with my Tank, thanks op. 

• EightSe7en likes this

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

so get this, i left the server so i would spawn back in my apartment, and then  went back iinto it  and went to drive my coquette out of my garage. he blew it up again (just like he did my phoenix earlier before i spawned the stinger) and for some reason the coquette got blown up but spawned on the street. i ran to get it and was run over and killed again. i spawned even further away from the coquette and it was blown up by one of the guys without me even in it and i got billed another $1725 for an insurance claim. WTF? 

Happened to me the other day, although I wasn't billed for the insurance. I've had instances today of not being billed for the insurance. I don't know what it is, some people have said that blowing up cars while in tanks does not result in the insurance bill dumped on them, I've seen otherwise. I don't know WTF to tell you.

GTA19281
  • GTA19281

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:32 PM

R* did this so you could not ram tanks purposely to give them a bad sport. You can easily avoid a tank in a car, deal with it.
  • AzraelX likes this

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:34 PM Edited by smokingndriving, 18 December 2013 - 09:35 PM.

You know, that's absolutely fine, but from what I've seen, you're a smallll minority. Rarely have I ever seen a tank driver whose sole focus and goal wasn't attacking every player on the map. Those who want to go steal a lazer, fine, some of us don't want to have to run all the fing way up there every time someone is rolling around in a tank blasting every white dot on radar. 

I think the reaction you're seeing is because of what people expect when they see a tank roll around the corner.

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:36 PM

You really should try tank hunting, it's a wonderful sport. I particularly enjoy sending messages to the people who's tank i just destroyed with only the word 'boom!'.

So I would suggest giving it a go :D

If I got such a message from you, I'd reply, "ouch!" because I agree with this exactly. If I'm out in my tank and someone sportkills me, then more power to them - that's what GTA is all about. However, if you're going to be all goofy and drive around me and shoot at me with an AP Pistol, then seriously. "Boom" on you. I've only been killed once when a guy jacked me from my very first tank. My own fault and good on him. ;)

• EdF4ce likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:07 PM Edited by blk95ta, 18 December 2013 - 10:09 PM.

R* did this so you could not ram tanks purposely to give them a bad sport. You can easily avoid a tank in a car, deal with it.

did you not read where i was running to my car after spawning when i was blown up as i entered said car? my choices were either run on foot or stand there in passive and get run over. i've already reported both of these guys for griefing. f*ck assholes like that. 

FWIW i'm a lvl 245 and have my own tank but it does no f*cking good when you get killed coming out of your garage or 5 seconds after you spawn, etc. the reason i spawned the ferrari was sort of a warning of "blow me up and it'll cost you $10k" type of thing.

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:11 PM

You can easily avoid a tank in a car, deal with it.

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

What level are you? I find tanks dont really mess with levels 100 and over. When i get a tank ass wipe, i usually make them run because of the weapons i have. If youre a noob passive is your friend. However, learn to fight, or run.

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

ok so how do i make the game spawn me IN my car after i die and after it's blown up by a tank?

andrewr23
  • andrewr23

Rat

• Members

do the jets rockets lock on to a tank?

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:18 PM Edited by AzraelX, 18 December 2013 - 10:21 PM.

i've already reported both of these guys for griefing.

Yeah, I also hate when people don't get out of their vehicle and let me kill them. F*cking griefers.

And when they kill me in a PvP game, just because they can? And because they get rewarded for it? Because that's the point? Griefers!

F*ck this game, full of griefers. First it was CoD, with people always shooting me and blowing me up without giving me a chance to kill them first, and now it's this sh*t. It's like you griefers think you're just playing the game and I'm actually just bad at it. Wtf!

I'm done with all these f*cking video games, I'm going to go play Chess instead. Unless the kid I'm playing against takes too many of my pieces without losing any himself, then I'm going to tell on him. And when nothing happens, I'll rage on the Chess forums about all the griefers there too.

...aaaand now you know why reporting people for griefing doesn't do anything, because bad players flood it with BS complaints like this whenever they get frustrated over not being good enough to stay alive in a PvP environment.

ok so how do i make the game spawn me IN my car after i die and after it's blown up by a tank?

My personal solution is to not put myself in that situation to begin with.

But to answer your question, it doesn't need to be "your" car. Any car works.

• NDE108, lRushdown and mewzors like this

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:18 PM

I can't count how many times I've been griefed by non-tank players while just minding my own business. No matter if I try to drive away, or avoid their attacks, they keep coming. Once those players see the tank, it's "game on" and they won't stop until it's destroyed, which ruins my enjoyment.

Lol that is total bullsh*t. Tank users NEVER mind their own business. I don't think I've ever caught sight of someone in a tank and not been shot at and/or blown up and spawn killed.

They can kill cops and NPCs in a private session anyway. If they choose to bring the battle to me then I'm going to do everything I can to turn it into charred metal.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users