Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you like gyros/souvlaki/kebabs?

93 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THIS ONE GOES OUT TO ALL THE RAVERS IN THE NATION.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

And YOU just proved MY point:

a 16/17 y/o with assburgers sydrome

What point does that prove?

The fact that you're sperging out on "TUPAC" and "EPIC WEEN REMOVE KEBAB" and "TOP LEL GOLD" doesn't really help your case.

Looks like the pot's calling the kettle back, no?

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

I forgot to mention in my last post, the reason i'd like a souvlaki right now is because I really enjoyed the last one.

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Enslaved

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:52 PM

Well I don´t enjoy eating old meat that´s been stuck to a pole for who knows how long actually?

It´s been tested, and the quality is way below average.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

Well I don´t enjoy eating old meat that´s been stuck to a pole for who knows how long actually?

It´s been tested, and the quality is way below average.

Interesting. I've never been made sick by a kabob. I did get food poisoning once from a steak and cheese at an Italian takeaway place though. It probably depends on the individual vendors. I wouldn't write off the entire food based on that. Busier places probably use the meat really quickly.

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Lauch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:11 AM

I like Döner Kebap.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:01 PM

Another fantastic kabob to enjoy with friends and family (or alone) is the Iranian Joojeh kabob. I highly suggest it to you. It is marinated in saffron and some other stuff.

cmb_chicken11x14.jpg

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:04 PM Edited by GunWrath, 31 December 2013 - 02:04 PM.

admiral, please, for the love of god tell me you can make that? If so, I'll marry you. Dude or not. I'm so f*cking hungry right now.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:09 PM

admiral, please, for the love of god tell me you can make that? If so, I'll marry you. Dude or not. I'm so f*cking hungry right now.

Sure, I can make it and so can you! Just cut up chicken breast into pieces and marinate it with olive oil, grated onion,  saffron threads soaked in water, and lime juice. You can put in garlic too if you like that. I blend it all together in a blender to make like a paste then dump it on the chicken. Let it sit for a couple of hours and then put salt and pepper on it and grill it on a skewer. Beats making a hamburger if you already have the grill going and the only thing prohibitive about it is that you need the saffron, which is slightly expensive but not so bad if you soak it in a bunch of water and get longer use out of it.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:12 PM

I didn't ask if I were able, I was just curious if you could.

I'm a man, a southern man. I want a woman that can cook my meals, please me and vice-versa. I know I could make it, I rather enjoy cooking, baking and experimenting but I'm willing to marry thy admiral over a nice gyro or greek meal, again, dude or not.. just cook for me and you'd have my heart.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

You can get married to my GTA Online character if you want.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:31 PM Edited by GunWrath, 31 December 2013 - 03:32 PM.

Yep, you're male. Thanks.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

Back to the subject of kabobs, why not enjoy a wonderful Shami kabob from India, so soft and delicious, internationally known and locally respected? The legend goes that this was made for a toothless Nawab so that he could enjoy kabob like everyone else without needing teeth.

shammi_kabab_1.jpg

Mockage
  • Mockage

This Will Destroy You

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:01 AM

Oh my god, that Iranian Jooheh Kabob and rice look absolutely delicious. It's official theadmiral, you are GTAForums' stimulant for stomach growling.

BrownBear
  • BrownBear

Dr. Green Thumb.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:41 PM

I like the occasional chicken kebab but I've never come across a place in the West Country/South West/South Coast of England that I'd trust a doner from.

You're from Bath aren't you?

Try out Marmaris near Pultney Bridge, it's an actual restaurant so the food is good quality.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:53 AM Edited by theadmiral, 02 January 2014 - 12:53 AM.

Another fantastic kabob to enjoy is the koobideh kabob. It is made of ground meat (beef or lamb) formed around a skewer and charbroiled to perfection. Served with saffron rice and broiled tomatoes, I cannot imagine any food more delicious to enjoy with traditional tandoori bread of any variety.

52995441.jpg

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:33 AM Edited by JIMHO, 04 January 2014 - 03:58 AM.

Hey guys, how gay is it to eat a gyro on a boat? Someone took a picture of me doing that and then sent it to me. I'd like to hear from people removed from the situation.

Update: It's on Facebook now. I like the picture, but is that too suggestive?

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

I don't think it is gay or anything to eat a gyro. Why would it be? I haven't ever seen anyone eating a gyro in a boat so im not sure if that is particularly suggestive or not. But I don't see anything gay about gyros.

Pita_giros.JPG

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:50 AM

I don't think it is gay or anything to eat a gyro. Why would it be? I haven't ever seen anyone eating a gyro in a boat so im not sure if that is particularly suggestive or not. But I don't see anything gay about gyros.

The picture you posted looks really juicy.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:58 PM

The picture you posted looks really juicy.

It looks pretty good, I think it is actually made in Greece. Tomorrow i'm going to go to a Lebanese place for lunch and i'm planning to get a kabob there so i'll be sure to report in about it.

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

おっぱい

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

I never had any of these! D: Which one should I try first? Also, what's shawarma??

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:07 PM

You should try them all! Start with a Gyro.

A shawarma is a specialty from the levent, particularly Lebanon and Egypt, that is a pita bread stuffed with lamb or chicken , tomato, lettuce, and a special sauce. It is similar to a gyro but it usually has a tahini sesame seed sauce and some pickled vegetables on it as well. It is a very tasty sandwich!!!

shawarmaa.jpg

• EphemeralStar likes this

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:20 PM

We had a kebab-dish last Sunday with doner kebab, chicken döner kebab, shawarma and shishkebab.

I didn't like the shishkebab but stuffed my face with three pitabreads filled with döner kebab and shawarma. I never put any sauce on it though, because the meat is usually spicy enough and sauce just ruins the taste and, obviously, no vegetables.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

I was downtown today to visit my Probation Officer and then do a bit of shopping and ended up eating at Savannah Gyro that I mentioned in earlier posts here. Man, I forgot how beautiful and tasteful they were.. mmmm, I could eat them as a regular diet.

JIMHO
  • JIMHO

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:54 AM

I had a mediocre gyro today. It had your seasoned gyro meat in inch by 8 inch strips, three slices of tomato, like an onion core and cucumber sauce layered on a plain pita bread. It was a good value, $6, and filled me up, but it was awkward eating all the toppings without rolling up the pita bread and wrapping my mouth around it all.

What does a gyro of this same description typically cost you guys?

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:40 AM Edited by DMC14, 16 January 2014 - 06:42 AM.

I don't think I've ever eaten a whole one. Foods that have a lot of ingredients thrown together kinda gross me out.

Also, f*ck mayonnaise.

Mayonnaise? you're doing it wrong.

i just ate a mixed kebab (Lamb and beef with garlic sauce, bbq sauce, lettuce, tomatoe and onion) and it was f*cking awesome. if you're ever in sydney you gotta try Naji's (lebanese charcaol chicken) its the bomb as far as take away food is concerned. close to the airport too.

Sure, I can make it and so can you! Just cut up chicken breast into pieces and marinate it with olive oil, grated onion,  saffron threads soaked in water, and lime juice. You can put in garlic too if you like that. I blend it all together in a blender to make like a paste then dump it on the chicken. Let it sit for a couple of hours and then put salt and pepper on it and grill it on a skewer. Beats making a hamburger if you already have the grill going and the only thing prohibitive about it is that you need the saffron, which is slightly expensive but not so bad if you soak it in a bunch of water and get longer use out of it.

it has to be cooked over hot coals or its just not the same.

and i havent noticed anyone mention Pide. no-one pide in particular there all good (except vege)and where i go me and my mates ask for the special usually (for special customers).  i buy mine from a turkish joint in mascot on the other side of sydney airport.

• theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

^ I think Pide is the Australian vernacular or something. Here in the states we have Lamahcun which is I think the same thing you are talking about and most kabob places offer it on the side. It is kind of like a spicy meat pizza thing.

filename-imag0325-jpg.jpg

• DMC14 likes this

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:36 PM Edited by DMC14, 17 January 2014 - 07:46 PM.

^ I think Pide is the Australian vernacular or something. Here in the states we have Lamahcun which is I think the same thing you are talking about and most kabob places offer it on the side. It is kind of like a spicy meat pizza thing.

filename-imag0325-jpg.jpg

thats kinda it (it looks a bit crappy and small though), there are heaps of different versions.

Turkish%20_Pide_%20Bread.jpg

and you need some lemon to squeeze on it. but they are a meal on there own. 

theres also a closed pide where the ingredients are completly inclosed in bread (i wasnt allowed to post any of the pictures of the examples i found).

after wikiing the word pida, i think it might come from a turkish word for bread pita? that would be my guess.

• theadmiral likes this

PooyanCyrus
  • PooyanCyrus

iFruit fanboys are idiots

• Members
  • Mars
  • Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

Persian Kebabs are just nice. It's probably best reason for me to don't leave my country! However, I've heard about Iranian Kebab restaurants in Orange County, California, so that's best place to leave to!
  • theadmiral likes this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:37 PM

Persian Kebabs are just nice. It's probably best reason for me to don't leave my country! However, I've heard about Iranian Kebab restaurants in Orange County, California, so that's best place to leave to!

Yes, Iranians do the best joojeh and koobideh. Also the kotlet is amazing too. Iran truly is the food paradise of that part of the world!

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

Kebabs are amazing. The sh*t you posted OP looks so delicious, I could eat a massive one right now.

They used to sell cheap frozen ones you put in the microwave in the supermarket down the road from me and they were surprisingly delicious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users