Quantcast

» «
Photo

How Can You Finish Games In So Little Time?

31 replies to this topic
cidamelo
  • cidamelo

RIP Amy WINEHOUSE!GRANT RODIEK is back to the EA GAMES!&

• Members
  • None
  • Comedian of the Year 2010

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:59 PM

Sometimes I read the forums and people say they complete games like GTA in 3 days, 1, 2 weeks.... I take months to complete a game!!! Depending on the game, even more than 1 year! Anyway, I think it's better to complete slowly, don't you think?? Am I too slow or are the people too fast? :yawn:

Kalvin
  • Kalvin

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Total Overhaul 2014 [GTA SA Beta Edition]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Annoying Member [All Time]

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:03 PM Edited by ManDog, 18 December 2013 - 05:03 PM.

Well, I'm in the house 24/7, so I pretty much beat every game I own on the first day I play it (except for IV, V, etc; they have such long storylines so it takes me around 2/3 days to complete).

For example San Andreas, Vice City, and GTA3 - I beat each one in the day I started playing.

So for me; I'm not sure.

• Android likes this

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

These days I only play games for 1 or 2 hours tops (WHEN I play, because I don't play every day). You can't really do that much in such a short amount of time (at least I can't), so it takes a couple of weeks or even more than a month for me to complete most games.

Some games like Skyrim lasts for much, much longer...

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:48 PM

I abandon everything when I start a new game.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:50 PM Edited by Zancudo, 18 December 2013 - 06:51 PM.

I feel you, bro. 10 hour game takes me +/- 1 month to beat.

EDIT: Oh, damn, you're a female!

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:51 PM

Haven't been able to find a job so aside from trying to find one I have tons of free time.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Prankster

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:31 PM

It really depends on what kind of game it is. A linear survival horror game is obviously going to be a hell of a lot shorter than a vast open world RPG.

It took me about twelve hours to beat Silent Hill Downpour, because the Silent Hill games have never been that long. Although, I didn't sit there for twelve hours straight playing it, I played it over the span of several days.

It probably took me about two and a half weeks to beat GTA V, but then again there where days where I wasn't able to play.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:38 PM

Nowadays, I always complete my games as slowly as necessary, and I soak up what I need to in order to understand what is going on and get immersed. Yeah I've never quite grasped why many had finished GTA V in less than a week. I took 3-4 weeks and I was messing around a lot of exploring in between, but when I played the story I did it as slow as possible to feel as natural as possible.

The only game I played slowly that I still somehow finished in 3 days was a flop known as Need for Speed Undercover. When I played that I was also on my long first playthrough of IV (I began the story in like July of 2008 and finished Spring Break in March of 2009) and that was because I was younger. Takes me 5-6 weeks to do a playthrough of IV. It may be the fact that I don't game 24/7 but I still do things in a slower pace.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:14 PM

I waited 3 years before fully completing GTA IV. I hate rushing through games.

Johan
  • Johan

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA]

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

I don't have a life, then again after I got myself a girlfriend a year ago I DID in fact slow down on gaming, we broke up in the summer and GTA V released pretty much in the Fall so that explains how I managed to 100% V in less than a week.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

everyone plays their own pace.

to some people, the enjoyment of any video game is the speed challenge. to other people, it's the highest possible score/achievement challenge. to other people, it's the 100% completion challenge.

and then you've got people like me who literally don't care about any of that sh*t.

I don't play games for challenging competition; I get that through sports and whatnot. I play video games for the reason that other people go to the movies or read fiction books. it's a nice, relaxing, escape from reality. I like to take my time and be thorough, explore, go everywhere, do everything.

the longer and slower I can play a game (like an epic RPG or action/adventure) the more enjoyable it is.

Ermacs
  • Ermacs

paleontologist

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:15 AM

Really depends on the game. I can power through GTA III in a couple of hours if I feel like it , but if I try and do the same with Vice City it will take me a week or so. I almost never finish my SA playthroughs because I lose intrest during the San Fierro/return to LS portions.

Aside from GTA, if it's a game i've never played before, I usually take my time playing through it the first time, and then rush through it if at all possible. 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:29 AM

Really depends on the game. I can power through GTA III in a couple of hours if I feel like it , but if I try and do the same with Vice City it will take me a week or so.  

If you get the apartment/chopper in vice city asap you can blow right through most most missions with it and beat the game in hours rather than days. Came on handy when my save game corrupted.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

I haven't even played 15 missions in GTAV and I got it on release day! Haha

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:25 AM

As far as I remember, I played Pokemon Yellow with Speed hack on. I completed it in 10 minutes.

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:12 AM Edited by AndrewDeSanta, 19 December 2013 - 11:12 AM.

Almost every GTA I have finished in less than two weeks, SA probably took me the longest. Games like Fallout 3/NV and Skyrim take me at least 2 months to do the main story + side quests. Though games like that have loads of replayabilty. I'm on my fourth play through of FO3 and I still don't tire from any of it. Then there's games like CoD, I finished Black Ops (last CoD) in one day. 

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:23 AM

I work part time and when I am not working I am at home either playing video games or reading a book. Don't really care about social interaction since I can't stand being around people. 

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

No matter how short or long the game is, I always take my time. So I can have the full experience, and enjoy it.

lol232
  • lol232

Even though you're fed up, you gotta keep your head up'.

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

I never really hurry.
Although, it usually takes me long time because I don't like getting 'Wasted', or 'Busted', and I like to have unique vehicles in my garages.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

People with no life obviously, like me.

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

ManDog really?? I took almost a year to beat those GTAs!! :lol: But I have some obligations so I can't play games all the time... but I think it's better to finish them slowly!   Werebot85 I play little too, like 1 or 2 hours... but ultimately I can't even play :/   WinterEdit unfortunately I can't :happy: Zancudo well I guess lots of women play GTA, after all it's a very popular game :inlove: Boxman108 I hope you get a job! Good luck Real_Badgirl I think GTA games are long! I take a long long time to beat them... But I make the side missions, drive around the town etc instead of only doing story missions

StingrayX yes I think completing games slowly makes you more imersed on it!

The Viperman me too! I don't play a lot of games but the games I play I get very imersed

Johacamigames well I guess if I were a teenager I would play games all time too!! :happy:

El_Diablo I play games for the same reason as you :p Ermac. even my other than first playthroughs take a long time :pp   •¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?• I guess you are like me :p Dr. John13 lol 10 minutes!! I wouldn't buy a game for only 10 minutes :pp AndrewDeSanta I have never played Skyrim!! But if it takes so many time I'm thinking on playing it!

fullmetal5550 well when I was teenager I didn't even know about computers but if I were a teenager now I think I would rather be playing games too!!

Th3MaN1 yes I agree the experience is better!

lol232 I like doing the extras too... so I never hurry

ShadowDog94 don't say it obviously you have a life!! :inlove:  

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:38 PM Edited by Zancudo, 19 December 2013 - 02:38 PM.

Aww, you're so nice, you've actually answered to all of us! The dog in my avatar wants to have little puppies with the dog in your avatar! <3

EDIT: I know, I'm creepy.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:50 PM

ManDog really?? I took almost a year to beat those GTAs!! :lol: But I have some obligations so I can't play games all the time... but I think it's better to finish them slowly!   Werebot85 I play little too, like 1 or 2 hours... but ultimately I can't even play :/   WinterEdit unfortunately I can't :happy: Zancudo well I guess lots of women play GTA, after all it's a very popular game :inlove: Boxman108 I hope you get a job! Good luck Real_Badgirl I think GTA games are long! I take a long long time to beat them... But I make the side missions, drive around the town etc instead of only doing story missions

StingrayX yes I think completing games slowly makes you more imersed on it!

The Viperman me too! I don't play a lot of games but the games I play I get very imersed

Johacamigames well I guess if I were a teenager I would play games all time too!! :happy:

El_Diablo I play games for the same reason as you :p Ermac. even my other than first playthroughs take a long time :pp   •¿F¡ññ4L¡ƒ£?• I guess you are like me :p Dr. John13 lol 10 minutes!! I wouldn't buy a game for only 10 minutes :pp AndrewDeSanta I have never played Skyrim!! But if it takes so many time I'm thinking on playing it!

fullmetal5550 well when I was teenager I didn't even know about computers but if I were a teenager now I think I would rather be playing games too!!

Th3MaN1 yes I agree the experience is better!

lol232 I like doing the extras too... so I never hurry

ShadowDog94 don't say it obviously you have a life!! :inlove:  

I'm 26. The only work I could find where I live at is part time work. I plan on getting something better in the near future though. I'm just saying though that between video games and social interaction that video games are a higher priority to me. 

cidamelo
  • cidamelo

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Zancudo well I always like to answer everyone :alien: well I think both dogs are male, they can date but they can't have puppies  :orly: 

fullmetal5550 this is sad... have you ever attended college or something like that? It's good to have an occupation, I hope you find one! I think I prefer videogames too but I like to attend parties sometimes

Dr. John
  • Dr. John

Women and Wine

• Members
  • India

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Dr. John13 lol 10 minutes!! I wouldn't buy a game for only 10 minutes :pp

I did say that I used speed hack (which increases the speed of the game upto 10 times). Besides, some guys even completed it in 1 second (gametime):

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:47 PM Edited by UtricularEwe001, 19 December 2013 - 03:52 PM.

It took me 1 month to finish GTA V. IDK, how people did it one week.

My average playtime is 10-15 hrs per week, I have a backlog of nearly 27 games. I wish, I had more free time.

f*ck uni and work :(

Black & White
  • Black & White

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:06 PM

Nowadays, I always complete my games as slowly as necessary, and I soak up what I need to in order to understand what is going on and get immersed. Yeah I've never quite grasped why many had finished GTA V in less than a week. I took 3-4 weeks and I was messing around a lot of exploring in between, but when I played the story I did it as slow as possible to feel as natural as possible.

The only game I played slowly that I still somehow finished in 3 days was a flop known as Need for Speed Undercover. When I played that I was also on my long first playthrough of IV (I began the story in like July of 2008 and finished Spring Break in March of 2009) and that was because I was younger. Takes me 5-6 weeks to do a playthrough of IV. It may be the fact that I don't game 24/7 but I still do things in a slower pace.

Exactly.

Why would anyone purchase a game worth nearly $100 in order to complete for a few days. That seems very pointless to me. If you are going to purchase a game worth that amount, at least take the time to understand the story properly and exploit it to the fullest.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

Haven't had much time to play honestly so it'll take at least 2-3 months to finish a game 100% like AC4 for example... on the other hand when V was released I had all the free time in the world (college only begun at october) and still it took me 1 month to just complete the storyline, there's still a lot to 100%

I don't understand how people can rush through games like their life depends on it... you're basically just playing 50% of the game if you focus on the storyline since nowadays all games have some kind of "side quests/missions/activities"

• Black & White likes this

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:13 PM

Zancudo well I always like to answer everyone :alien: well I think both dogs are male, they can date but they can't have puppies  :orly:

fullmetal5550 this is sad... have you ever attended college or something like that? It's good to have an occupation, I hope you find one! I think I prefer videogames too but I like to attend parties sometimes

Why is it sad? As I said before the was the only job I could get up here. I live in a small town. The place I got the job at was the only place that was hiring at the time. If better places had been hiring I would have applied there instead. I have attended college. Mainly just for computer courses though. I eventually want to get into IT or something similar. Just need to get my A+ Certification first and also want to learn more about Linux too. 

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

Actually, now that I think back, there is ONE game that I can finish pretty fast. Megaman X3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users