» «
Photo

Tanks still paying insurance premium

12 replies to this topic
smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:19 PM Edited by smokingndriving, 18 December 2013 - 04:22 PM.

Some discussion re: tanks and bad sport with 1.08. Maybe ramming into tanks will not get people BS, but they still pay insurance premium. Just hit a couple of them with various cars as a "test" ("Gee, sorry, I'm so clumsy I keep running into your tank with my Adder and Entity, sorrieeeee.")

I really don't care if they go to bad sport or not (soon enough there will be tanks aplenty in every lobby), but I don't get the appeal of the tank in online for one - unless it's a deathmatch with tanks - and two - you're inviting the whole lobby to drop a huge insurance bill on you.

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Oh well, I'm sure my accountant will notice that I lost some money when looking over my hundreds of millions.

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

Oh well, I'm sure my accountant will notice that I lost some money when looking over my hundreds of millions.

Right. And the people who have hundreds of millions or more don't GAF. 

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:32 PM Edited by WBaker, 18 December 2013 - 04:40 PM.

I tested this too and my buddy and I had no bs warnings and no insurance costs. The first thing we did was try ramming a car under the tank head on, if perhaps that glitched it. (Xbox)

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:39 PM

I tested this too and my buddy and I had no bs warnings and no insurance costs. The first thing we did was try ramming, if perhaps that glitched it. (Xbox)

Maybe because I hit ones that were moving? If they were stationary? I dunno, but it's ridiculous. I'll have to look for tanks that are just sitting there and try it again.

babyxenomorph
  • babyxenomorph

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

I understand those who get rammed unprovoked being upset at the insurance bill.  But those are deff the minority of tank.  9/10 tank drivers and assholes who follow you around and shoot you over and over and over.   Its a necessary evil

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

Maybe because I hit ones that were moving? If they were stationary? I dunno, but it's ridiculous. I'll have to look for tanks that are just sitting there and try it again.

The first time we did it the tank was stationary. I don't know if I found the first 1.08 glitch or what's going on if people are paying. Neither of us did.

SWAG MoneyMan
  • SWAG MoneyMan

former "gnad1992"

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

It won't even scratch my 2 billion bucks

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

It's not a cost thing, I can afford it too but if this wasn't a complete fluke tanks may start being incredibly common. Initially I assumed this was a 1.08 change. Now I'm thinking it may be a glitch.

Further testing seems to be called for.

NukedPratorian
  • NukedPratorian

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:02 PM

I don't get why everyone is obsessed with complaining about tanks on here and then running cars into them and intentionally trying to bad sport tank users.  I agree with Rockstar on protecting tanks they should make it so you don't pay insurance when people ram into them.  If you had time to go get a car and ram the tank you weren't being griefed and hence are attempting to reverse grief someone because you don't like their vehicle or play style which makes you just as much a bad person as them. 

smokingndriving
  • smokingndriving

Homie

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:24 PM Edited by smokingndriving, 18 December 2013 - 06:25 PM.

I don't get why everyone is obsessed with complaining about tanks on here and then running cars into them and intentionally trying to bad sport tank users.  I agree with Rockstar on protecting tanks they should make it so you don't pay insurance when people ram into them.  If you had time to go get a car and ram the tank you weren't being griefed and hence are attempting to reverse grief someone because you don't like their vehicle or play style which makes you just as much a bad person as them. 

So, don't try to crash into them when they are out to blast half the lobby, spawn killing, etc? I'm surprised more people don't ram their cars into people having a tank rampage. If I see a tank just out for a Sunday drive along the shoreline though, I'll be happy to drive along with them rather than driving into them. Those who see it as a challenge and can take the time and snipe them, hey, more power to you. 

FJack
  • FJack

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

I keep wondering when I hear of players glitching billions how much it would cost to buy every asset in the game.

Would be pointless to glitch billions if you can only buy 20 mil worth of vehicles etc.

SWAG MoneyMan
  • SWAG MoneyMan

former "gnad1992"

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

I keep wondering when I hear of players glitching billions how much it would cost to buy every asset in the game.

Would be pointless to glitch billions if you can only buy 20 mil worth of vehicles etc.

I didn't glitch billions. My hacker friend gave me mate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users