Unbreakable Windscreen

6 replies to this topic
d3jan
  • d3jan

Prime

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

I converted a car to SA. I also want to have all SA's features like the vehicle's dirt, headlights, SA's reflection... but the windscreen in not breakable, when i shoot bullets it doesn't break, it's like unbreakable glass. But if I crash the car into a wall the windscreen damages, but not breaks. Also if the car explodes the windsceen it's still there undamaged.

How would I make the windsceen breakable ?

help pls

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

It could be the collision file that is the problem, below is a picture example (in 3DS Max though, not in CollEd2) which shows that a sphere at the front of the model was given the Windscreen flag and the windscreen for some reason was given the collision to act like Dirt so you might have something like that to fix, it should also be noted that a neat little bug that I know is in Vice City but not sure about San Andreas, is that if you shoot out the windscreen and then blow up the car the windscreen reappears again and can be shot out again.

collisionexample2.png

ZAZ
  • ZAZ

Kernlochbohrer

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:49 AM

It could be the collision file that is the problem, below is a picture example (in 3DS Max though, not in CollEd2) which shows that a sphere at the front of the model was given the Windscreen flag and the windscreen for some reason was given the collision to act like Dirt so you might have something like that to fix, it should also be noted that a neat little bug that I know is in Vice City but not sure about San Andreas, is that if you shoot out the windscreen and then blow up the car the windscreen reappears again and can be shot out again.

collisionexample2.png

interessting post, how do you import veh-col into max? and can you export it also and merge it with dff model?

ALMOST610
  • ALMOST610

Have you driven a Ford... Lately?

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:37 AM

collisionexample2.png

interessting post, how do you import veh-col into max? and can you export it also and merge it with dff model?

I Imported the Vehicle Collision using KAMS Script, I have never tried to export a Vehicle COL, only building ones, I have not seen the need to mess around with 3DS to export a Car COL when ColEd2 is perfectly good.

d3jan
  • d3jan

Prime

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:36 AM Edited by d3jan, 30 December 2013 - 12:36 AM.

ALMOST610 you were right it was the collision file. I simply changed the flag in ColEd2. I compared Sa's default col model with mine and changed the flags where it needed to, so everything is working fine. Thank you :D

_DK
  • _DK

Call me 'The Bald Guy"

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:00 AM Edited by _DK, 01 January 2014 - 05:01 AM.

ALSO, you need to edit collision mesh triangles (in part where widescreen is situated - in most of cases, rectangle with 2 tris) - change their material from GLASS (id 210 in ZM) to CAR (id 192 in ZM). After that, it won't be possible to shoot glass with gun.

d3jan
  • d3jan

Prime

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:27 PM Edited by d3jan, 03 January 2014 - 04:33 PM.

of cource, you must set a glass material to the windscreen mesh in order to be breakable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users