Quantcast

» «
Photo

Cleaning the Cathouse RP Glitch, known issue?

1,233 replies to this topic
stokiekris
  • stokiekris

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:45 PM

Anyone here on ps3 that will join so I can do the glitch please ?

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Sheriff of Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:47 PM

Why?  Why must there be justice in the world for little things like this?  The world isn't fair, in fact, here in the US (not sure of your nationality)the more you lie cheat and steal the better you can be treated, if you aren't a minority or poor of course.  Something so victimless should be allowed to continue or just fixed, but punishment is a little extreme, in my opinion.

Because anyone over age of two, knows that lying has consequences. You speak of Anarchy which like all Utopian ideals, is a pipe dream. Especially within the framework of a society. Whether that society is real or in this case, virtual.

In the real world we have God if you're religious and the law if you're not, as a barometer for right and wrong. In this virtual world, Rockstar is God and/or The Law and thus you are answerable to them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a bloody liberal, I do not want anarchy.  I just feel punishing people for playing a game wrong, cheating whatever, is wrong.  I don't think that because I feat the punishment, if they decide to do it I deserve it, but I just feel it's a bloody game and should be treated so.  Am I bitter about inequalities in RL?  You bet, I'm sure the jaded-ness was just dripping from that last post of mine, but do i think they are okay and should persist?  Nope.  I've just been through the meat-grinder you call "The Law" and I don't trust it.  I break the rules on the game because it's a game, and I feel closing those loopholes should be enough.  Maybe ban people who actually used technology to "hack" (stupid phrase), but the players simply exploiting?  As long as no-one is hurt and real-life $$ isn't stolen, leave it alone, fix the game as much as possible and move on.

i-am-the-law-thumb.jpg

I swear some of you people spend more time arguing on here than actually playing GTA Online. If you want to use this glitch, then it's your decision, if you're against glicthing/cheating, best thing you can do is piss off.

Good call, take time to post about being annoyed people are posting.  Why don't you call home from the highway to complain about all the assholes on their phones while driving? If you don't care, just ignore.  We are trying to have a civilized debate here.

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:48 PM Edited by AiraCobra, 20 December 2013 - 07:53 PM.

Folks the Baggage Handler Job is now gone, You can no longer access it R* caught onto it and has removed it with a hotfix the only way you can get into it now is though an open lobby of people who are still playing it or invited into a lobby otherwise you won't be able to do it now.

The job has been removed completely it won't be given to you randomly or in a voting session it might come back but with the RP Farming fixed

XR3i
  • XR3i

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:51 PM

Why?  Why must there be justice in the world for little things like this?  The world isn't fair, in fact, here in the US (not sure of your nationality)the more you lie cheat and steal the better you can be treated, if you aren't a minority or poor of course.  Something so victimless should be allowed to continue or just fixed, but punishment is a little extreme, in my opinion.

Because anyone over age of two, knows that lying has consequences. You speak of Anarchy which like all Utopian ideals, is a pipe dream. Especially within the framework of a society. Whether that society is real or in this case, virtual.

In the real world we have God if you're religious and the law if you're not, as a barometer for right and wrong. In this virtual world, Rockstar is God and/or The Law and thus you are answerable to them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a bloody liberal, I do not want anarchy.  I just feel punishing people for playing a game wrong, cheating whatever, is wrong.  I don't think that because I feat the punishment, if they decide to do it I deserve it, but I just feel it's a bloody game and should be treated so.  Am I bitter about inequalities in RL?  You bet, I'm sure the jaded-ness was just dripping from that last post of mine, but do i think they are okay and should persist?  Nope.  I've just been through the meat-grinder you call "The Law" and I don't trust it.  I break the rules on the game because it's a game, and I feel closing those loopholes should be enough.  Maybe ban people who actually used technology to "hack" (stupid phrase), but the players simply exploiting?  As long as no-one is hurt and real-life $$ isn't stolen, leave it alone, fix the game as much as possible and move on.

i-am-the-law-thumb.jpg

I swear some of you people spend more time arguing on here than actually playing GTA Online. If you want to use this glitch, then it's your decision, if you're against glicthing/cheating, best thing you can do is piss off.

Good call, take time to post about being annoyed people are posting.  Why don't you call home from the highway to complain about all the assholes on their phones while driving? If you don't care, just ignore.  We are trying to have a civilized debate here.
You, I see you having your "debates" all the time in threads, it's like you enjoy it ? How about you have your "debates" in PMs ? Instead of clogging this thread up with non-related (to the title) crap. This is my last post because I don't want to be involved in your "debates".

BBQ RIBS
  • BBQ RIBS

Prankster

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Guys, if you keep getting the same missions over and over, accept anything they give you. After you complete the mission it may appear in the voting screen (remember you can hit refresh twice). That worked for me after wasting 2 hours calling the sons of bitches.

Not to argue but just to provide my own experience, I have never gotten the offer to play the Cathouse mission since completing it the first and only time a week or two ago. My friends and I play this game almost every afternoon, sometimes for hours on end, doing nothing but missions. We're on the voting screen dozens of times a week. Cathouse has never come up.

Same here. I don't remember ever doing that mission via text or invite or anything. I have never done that mission.

The mission I got in the voting screen was Holed up - Burton. But that was 2 days ago.

Stuntman Mike
  • Stuntman Mike

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

Ah, I see what you meant now. I still find it to be a silly proposition to punish players who capitalized on the company's own error - blaming others for taking advantage of a situation that Rockstar themselves facilitated- but I guess we'll see what happens.

It's not silly...

Real life example? You hear about people who have a bank error in their favor. Now you would be a poor fool to think that you would be able to keep the cash or avoid prosecution if you spent any of the cash. Yet, it isn't your fault that the bank glitches and gave you extra money in your account.

Here's the thing. When coming across glitches like these, things you know are glitches, you're supposed to report it so they can fix it, not take advantage of it. This is why no one has a leg to stand on when they say they shouldn't be responsible for taking advantage of an exploit or glitch.

Doesn't matter if it's the real world or virtual world, being deceitful and taking advantage should have repercussions.

Oh and to those that say they are just stress testing a game, that excuse only works if you then report your findings to Rock star.

This is one of the few well-spoken and cogent replies that I've seen given in regards to this issue, so I respect that. I don't personally agree with the comparison- an error on a bank statement could potentially result in serious fiduciary consequences in real-life whereas we're talking about arbitrary "levels" in a video game, levels that, beyond 120, don't even have any apparent effect- but I understand the principle behind your argument. You're right, when there's an error the morally "correct" thing to do is alert those responsible, not take advantage of it.

The game is a balancing act. As evidenced by the fact that we've had more than a dozen patches thus far, Rockstar has had a rough time finding the sweet spot in a structure rife with checks and balances. There will be errors, mistakes, fixes and corrections in any system as complex as this. While I'm not saying that this makes it "right" to capitalize on such mistakes, I don't think that it's quite as dishonest as keeping money that a bank accidentally gives you. In the case of the game nothing is being taken that belongs to somebody else. No one player is at a loss because another player leveled up through one of these missions as opposed to grinding Criminal Records for three hours (something that thousands of people did without consequence).

I don't agree that "it doesn't matter whether it's the real world or the digital world". If we chose to look at the entire game with this philosophy rather than just the one part that we've chosen to single out as "wrong" then we'd all be in prison for committing countless acts of theft, assault, property damage and genocide. In other words, it's a video game.

But again, to be clear here I do understand where you're coming from. You and some others feel that it's dishonest to accept the RP and not inform Rockstar of the error. That's a fair argument and I've said before that I feel this is a gray area. I figure that the RP that can be won from these missions does not "belong" to anybody, is being provided freely by the game itself regardless of intention, and it's obvious that Rockstar has already been appraised of the issue.

My character earned RP by doing nothing. He pulled up to the marker and the RP started rolling in. Normally it's supposed to stop. Through no action of my own, it didn't. Why should I feel that I've done something wrong?

ucntkillwhatsdead
  • ucntkillwhatsdead

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

Still...  this is a game.  Someone, even if it's a faceless corporation, lost money in your bank example, where glitching RP doesn't cost anyone anything.  It shouldn't be treated in anywhere the same manner.

Doesn't matter if there is a loss of money. Deceit and lying should have a punishment. To think that ones deceitful actions should receive zero punishment, is ridiculous. Choices have consequences.

Rockstar got my hard earned £40.00 for this game. they didn't loose anything. It's a GAME, the point of play a GAME is to be able to do things that you can't do in normal life. Escape reality.

No one HACKED! if they punished glitchers than EVERYONE needs to be punished. everyone farmed money, grinded, glitched at one point.

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

i-am-the-law-thumb.jpg

IF YOU WANT to debate than make a thread its just annoying scrolling through this 40 page thread to find that half of it is someone talking about the morality of cheating in gta v online

• Babyhandslamm87 likes this

Happykick
  • Happykick

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:54 PM

Haha the irony that C* forgot again about the other job we have left. Must be complete chaos in their office

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitchł

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

I guess my response to that is, when you create a game, you can set the rules as you stated. You're playing their game confined to their rules. Believing the rules are arbitrary, unnecessary, hypocritical (it's a game about crime!) and all the rest is moot. You stepped into their domain in which they are the law. You are to conform to them not the other way around.

Stuntman Mike
  • Stuntman Mike

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:55 PM

I find that when it's an actual philosophical / ethical debate (as opposed to cyclical arguments centered around posturing and righteous indignation) it's actually very interesting.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Sheriff of Paleto Bay

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

I guess all the other BS on this 40 page thread was incredibly concise, to the point and on target.  Apologies; please go back to begging to be invited to lobbies and being ignored, I'm sure that will help uncover some... thing... valuable.

XR3i
  • XR3i

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

I find that when it's an actual philosophical / ethical debate (as opposed to cyclical arguments centered around posturing and righteous indignation) it's actually very interesting.
Yes I understand you're having fun and learning new things, but please take a look back at all of your replies, each one takes up my whole iPod touch 5th gens screen. It's the just the wrong thread for it.

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

I love the internet. It's a wonderous place. =)

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitchł

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Rockstar got my hard earned £40.00 for this game. they didn't loose anything. It's a GAME, the point of play a GAME is to be able to do things that you can't do in normal life. Escape reality.

No one HACKED! if they punished glitchers than EVERYONE needs to be punished. everyone farmed money, grinded, glitched at one point.

It's not about losing something it is simply about deceit. Now if a person simply does not have a moral or ethical code, they are not going to grasp this concept and anything goes. But to not understand that all actions have consequences is bordering on sociopathy.

Stuntman Mike
  • Stuntman Mike

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

Yes I understand you're having fun and learning new things, but please take a look back at all of your replies, each one takes up my whole iPod touch 5th gens screen. It's the just the wrong thread for it.

The thread about a money "glitch" is the wrong thread to talk about the money "glitch"? And to be clear you're only saying this because you don't like how long my posts are?

Some of these comments can't be answered in the span of a tweet. I legitimately apologize if my posts have been unpleasant to you but with all due respect this is an internet forum.

Happykick
  • Happykick

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

In the end of the day i already set my grinding mission up while getting entertained by tv and pizza.

In the end of the day the legit players come to this thread to get entertained cause gta can' t accomplish this anymore.

You see the difference?

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Sheriff of Paleto Bay

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Slow Clap for Xblabla-i because he; A) owns an apple product and; B) stood up to the thread"bullies" who were filling said apple product with words and ideas.

d48onja.gif

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:07 PM

fight fight fight

anyway are the lobbies with this mission going extinct

Happykick
  • Happykick

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

In the end of the day i already set my grinding mission up while getting entertained by tv and pizza.

In the end of the day the legit players come to this thread to get entertained cause gta can' t accomplish this anymore.

You see the difference?

Stuntman Mike
  • Stuntman Mike

Player Hater

• Members

It's not about losing something it is simply about deceit. Now if a person simply does not have a moral or ethical code, they are not going to grasp this concept and anything goes. But to not understand that all actions have consequences is bordering on sociopathy.

Implying that those who accept a mistakenly offered free reward in a video game are morally bankrupt sociopaths is a little much.

AiŽaŠobŽa
  • AiŽaŠobŽa

General

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:08 PM

Okay I have an open lobby RIGHT NOW for PS3

First come first serve only and you MUST know how to do it.

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:10 PM

Slow Clap for Xblabla-i because he; A) owns an apple product and; B) stood up to the thread"bullies" who were filling said apple product with words and ideas.

d48onja.gif

tbh idk why he felt the need to say which generation he had

is it the fashion or am I just wasting time on my iPhone 4S

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Sheriff of Paleto Bay

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

4S?? What are you, from the stone age? 

Happykick
  • Happykick

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

Alientwo acts like a racist

Dirty80s
  • Dirty80s

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

Damn too much OT bullsh*t in this thread by dicks who rub the game on their balls on the night. We dont want to hear any of it. Start a new thread ffs! All i wanna read is stuff about the glitch/glitches, are they patched? etc etc

Damn its just a f*cking game, why are some getting so philosophical about it.

So, can anyone confirm. Is both bagage handlers and welcome party gone now ?

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Sheriff of Paleto Bay

• Mars
  • Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Alientwo acts like a racist

Interesting....

Shmiqq
  • Shmiqq

you know how it is man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:15 PM

4S?? What are you, from the stone age?

better than a 5th gen iPod, those things are ripoffs

Stuntman Mike
  • Stuntman Mike

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

Damn too much OT bullsh*t in this thread by dicks who rub the game on their balls on the night. We dont want to hear any of it. Start a new thread ffs! All i wanna read is stuff about the glitch/glitches, are they patched? etc etc

Damn its just a f*cking game, why are some getting so philosophical about it.

So, can anyone confirm. Is both bagage handlers and welcome party gone now ?

Now this is a man who just likes to play. :)

Miss Malevolent
  • Miss Malevolent

Bitchł

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

Implying that those who accept a mistakenly offered free reward in a video game are morally bankrupt sociopaths is a little much.

That's not my implication. But if you believe in a consequence free environment, that is sociopathic.

I'm not calling the person who glitches a sociopath. Honestly, I don't care. A rational adult knows the risks and accepts the punishment. I'm calling the person who glitches gets punished and blames Rockstar for said punishment. That is the very definition of sociopathy. Sociopaths are never responsible for their actions. Others are always to blame. In this case, Rockstar for releasing a broken game.
  • AlienTwo likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users