Quantcast

» «
Photo

Forced not to use the tank by other players.

44 replies to this topic
Juletre
  • Juletre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

I was using the Rhino tank yesterday and one player kept ramming his car into my tank which caused the car to explode. He was using a modified Adder which I was charged $12.500 for every time it happened. I guess it is my part of the insurance. As he was ramming my car he also threw sticky bombs at the tank. This was repeated 3 or 4 times before I just had to flee the scene having been charged $40.000 dollars in the matter of minutes for something I didn't do.

This is a problem that R* should look into. I didn't fire at him at all, I wanted to f*ck with the police and AI traffic. Also, as he was in the car throwing sticky bombs I see no way of defending yourself by shoting at him unless you want to ruin hours of work. I mean, it takes quite some time to raise $40.000 in this game. If someone wants to fight the tank it's fine by me but it's a problem if you have no way of defending yourself.

Anyone else had this experience?

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

This nothing compared to idiots ramming my Titan with their lazers

maschil
  • maschil

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

sounds like you shouldnt drive tanks around. LOL jk. it happens all the time dude, he was trying to get you put into the bad sports lobby

.Polar_Bear.
  • .Polar_Bear.

Suave GAYmer

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

Isn't the 1.08 patch fixing this problem?

Teqnikal
  • Teqnikal

Letīs be realistic, demand the impossible!

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:53 AM Edited by Teqnikal, 18 December 2013 - 10:54 AM.

I had this. Shrugged it off after the guy rammed his adder 9 times into my tank and he gave up
(All i was doing is riding around ignoring players and practicing my shooting on cop choppers)

He did leave after i camped his ass and i got some hate mail in return

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

There´s no way a game will know if you tried to run over a PV or the PV rammed you.

Look at the penalty system in motorsport games.

Bottomline: Park your tank forever or use it being aware that you´re exposing yourself to big bills. If you really wanted a police rampage, and not to screw other players, you can get it on solo session anyway.

mrkush90
  • mrkush90

the kid with the lethal left jab aka danny''onepunch'

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:24 AM Edited by mrkush90, 18 December 2013 - 11:24 AM.

if you have 420 in your gamer tag .. I think it was me LOL

HiddenAnonyous
  • HiddenAnonyous

I know things

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

I was using the Rhino tank yesterday and one player kept ramming his car into my tank which caused the car to explode. He was using a modified Adder which I was charged $12.500 for every time it happened. I guess it is my part of the insurance. As he was ramming my car he also threw sticky bombs at the tank. This was repeated 3 or 4 times before I just had to flee the scene having been charged $40.000 dollars in the matter of minutes for something I didn't do.

This is a problem that R* should look into. I didn't fire at him at all, I wanted to f*ck with the police and AI traffic. Also, as he was in the car throwing sticky bombs I see no way of defending yourself by shoting at him unless you want to ruin hours of work. I mean, it takes quite some time to raise $40.000 in this game. If someone wants to fight the tank it's fine by me but it's a problem if you have no way of defending yourself.

There´s no way a game will know if you tried to run over a PV or the PV rammed you.

Bottomline: Park your tank forever or use it being aware that you´re exposing yourself to big bills. If you really wanted a police rampage, and not to screw other players, you can get it on solo session anyway.

Why the f*ck does the person in a tank have to be confined to a solo session?  Loading screens make changing sessions a hassle. OP has every right to be in a public lobby with his tank, his/her mistake was coming here to complain. No one here is going to feel sorry for you, you know the risks when you call for your tank.

You have to pay the full insurance on every car that exploded b/c of your tank. Why flee the scene? If someone wants to be a jerk, be one right back to them. Just blow up their PV before they ram you (it hurts their pride), if you run out of money, they'll have to pay their own insurance. Finally, when THEY try to flee the area, CHASE THEIR ASS DOWN and kill them until they leave the lobby.

• Zevares likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

Why the f*ck does the person in a tank have to be confined to a solo session? 

Because he wants to use his tank without being attacked.

JoeyDeacan
  • JoeyDeacan

Donkey Rapist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

I like to fellow friendly tank drivers around picking up all that lovely free ammunition

HiddenAnonyous
  • HiddenAnonyous

I know things

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

Why the f*ck does the person in a tank have to be confined to a solo session? 

Because he wants to use his tank without being attacked.

I understand that. My point is why can't people just leave people in tanks alone. Why stop whatever you were doing to go and harass someone in a tank? The issue with OP's post is he took the conservative approach and left the scene. If someone wants to bother you while you're in a tank...blow their ass up until they leave the lobby.

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

I resort to doing this only if I'm getting spawnkilled by a tank. Otherwise I'll just drive past them. I was actually following a tank while he was killing a sh*t load of police and he was a cool guy.

OP I think the problem is that most people see a tank and either assume they're going to get f*cked up by the tank or they do it just to troll.

I've never had a tank myself but I think I heard it costs $1000 to get it out. If I had a tank I would either spend all my money until I only had $1000 left or give it to my second character. That way when the dick with the Adder drives into you for no reason, he'll pay the $12,000 and he'll probably give up straight away since it would cost him over 100k just to put you in bad sport.

Juletre
  • Juletre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

Well... I will fight back if someone wants to start a beef in a random car or on foot... But I am not the one who fires first (unless bounty). I always turn my turret at them and honk. If they keep fireing I will raise hell. And then I will not kill them again unless they keep fireing when they respawn. I don't wanna go into passiv mode since it is fun if someone wants to play along and attack me. I've had some great fun being on the other side attacking tanks. It really feels like real life chaos when several players attack a tank in the city with police swarming.

But it can't be like this, that you are gonna get ruined because people commit suicide driving into your vehicle.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:48 AM Edited by Furry_Monkey, 18 December 2013 - 11:49 AM.

This is exactly what happens all the time in GTA, but it's been factored up because you're in a tank.  It's the equivalent of some dude chasing you down and killing you because you walked past him.

If you can't afford to pay insurance costs then you have to avoid people, which is easiest in solo (or the airport - great for police only fights).  If you *can* afford to pay the insurance costs then blow the c*nt up before he even gets close.  Keep doing it till he cries mummy and tells you he's going to report you.

Juletre
  • Juletre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

Can you go into a negative amount of money? I currently have about $400.000 and have no hurry about spending it. But... if you can not go into minus on your account I will spend every last penny to be able to use the tank and not pay other peoples insurance when the kill themselves.

I do NOT want to go into passive mode. I wanna be able to fight back if someone wants to fair fight.

whitebic
  • whitebic

lol

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

I have $3.8B I don't give a f*ck if you drive into me more kills for me lol

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

I do NOT want to go into passive mode. I wanna be able to fight back if someone wants to fair fight.

You could start parking the tank. You´ll get a fair fight, and you won´t have to pay for anything more than ammo.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

1. Create 2nd character
  2. With 2nd character withdraw all monies from the bank
  3. Deposit $200
  4. Switch back to main character
  5. Get tank
  6. Enjoy

They pay their own insurance since you don't have any money.  Since you say you're not attacking them then they've only got themselves to blame.

• Soran Is On and Geometry like this

Juletre
  • Juletre

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

1. Create 2nd character
  3. Deposit $200
  5. Get tank
  6. Enjoy

They pay their own insurance since you don't have any money.  Since you say you're not attacking them then they've only got themselves to blame.

Cool story bro! I'll try that.

Andrewine
  • Andrewine

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

1. Create 2nd character
  3. Deposit $200
  5. Get tank
  6. Enjoy

Cool story bro! I'll try that.

Nice.

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

Tanks are magnets for trouble because they're mostly used by asshats that enjoy making the game not fun for others. I started sniping tanks now when I see them. Got my first one last night and felt pretty good about it. Tank guy was running around killing people and I got him without getting killed once.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:08 PM

This isn't rocket science. Do invite only or solo sessions. Problem resolved

mrkush90
  • mrkush90

the kid with the lethal left jab aka danny''onepunch'

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

Whitebic whats your gamer tag?

Omicron-Lyrae
  • Omicron-Lyrae

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

ahahah nice.... you're a lier cuz if you wanna to f*ck with police or AI traffic you make a private session

thumbs up for the adder-kamikaze

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:21 PM

Juletre, on 18 Dec 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

I didn't fire at him at all, I wanted to f*ck with the police and AI traffic.

yeah right

ender07
  • ender07

Leisurely Gentlemen - Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:44 PM

"... it takes quite some time to raise $40.000 in this game..."

Play Coveted 4 times...3 minutes per run...maybe 15 minutes total with load times = $48,000....L2P

h1r0ll3r
  • h1r0ll3r

Calm and cool with just a hint of psychotic tendencies

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:58 PM

Tanks are magnets for trouble because they're mostly used by asshats that enjoy making the game not fun for others. 

This. I have YET to encounter a person driving a tank that simply wanted to drive around for f*cks sake. Because of all the douchebags with tanks, tanks are a magnet for attention whether you like it or not. Whenever someone sees a tank, usually they run or attack it cuz they think you're there to troll everyone in the lobby. 

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:03 PM

What motorsport games are you talking about? I've played some on the pc that have a replay function with multiple camera angles that help you decide who is at fault in an accident. Maybe you're referring to those dumb arcade games on the console known as forza and gran turismo, which are full of lag, bad driving mechanics and morons. In which you're correct and your analogy makes sense.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:07 PM

If you simply wanted to cause havoc with the police you would have made a private session....you were in general pop so we'll go ahead and assume you wanted to be a dick, but were beat to the punch....good for you. 

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:09 PM Edited by FasterThanYou, 18 December 2013 - 03:12 PM.

What motorsport games are you talking about? I've played some on the pc that have a replay function with multiple camera angles that help you decide who is at fault in an accident. Maybe you're referring to those dumb arcade games on the console known as forza and gran turismo, which are full of lag, bad driving mechanics and morons. In which you're correct and your analogy makes sense.

Errrrm, welcome to 21st century, every single motorsport game out there, no matter how arcade it is, has replays from multiple angles to check yourself who´s at fault.

I´m talking about situations where the computer itself decides on the go who´s at fault and hands penalties.

That´s it, all of them. Unless you turn penalties off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users