Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why the time limit on invincibility is stupid.

15 replies to this topic
Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

It's stupid because I find invincibility driven rampages to be fun, and nothing interrupts and breaks the flow of those rampages more than having to pause the game and re-enable the code every 5 minutes. Hell, sometimes I'm just messing around with super jump, but having to come back to do this to make sure I don't die when I fall off a tall building is tedious.

Now, here come the detractors.

"Oh, but it adds tension and challenge!"

Um, hello, it's a god mode cheat. I am not using it because I want tension or challenge. And even if I was using it for tension and challenge in some universe where that makes sense, I would probably disable the cheat myself anyways!

"Well, you wouldn't be playing the way the developers intended."

1: Tough sh*t. I buy games to play the way I want to, not the way some random programmer or the lead designer wanted me to.

2. It's a sandbox game, you moron. Why would rockstar choose a genre specifically designed to give you the freedom to choose the way you play if they wanted you to adhere to their ideas of how they want you to play it anyways? And how the hell do you know what rockstar's intents are? Did the designers mention that they didn't want people using cheats too much anywhere, or do you have a relative who works as a janitor at rockstar who told you this or are you just f*ckin' psychic like that?

• bread likes this

Ermac
  • Ermac

this feels ironic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:15 AM Edited by Ermac., 18 December 2013 - 07:15 AM.

This is one of the few flaws about this game that is damn near indefensible. There is literally no logical reason as to why R* decided to put a time limit on the cheat, let alone disallow you from using it completely during missions.

But, thems the breaks I guess.

Spoiler

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:18 AM

1: Tough sh*t. bla bla bla entitlement, bla bla 

2. It's a sandbox game, you moron. bla bla bla you just f*ckin' psychic like that?

32577341.jpg

C'mon, it's just a game.

Want cheats... hack your console.... 

Loving Eboot and RPF hacks BTW

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:33 AM

1: Tough sh*t. bla bla bla entitlement, bla bla 

2. It's a sandbox game, you moron. bla bla bla you just f*ckin' psychic like that?

32577341.jpg

C'mon, it's just a game.

Want cheats... hack your console.... 

Loving Eboot and RPF hacks BTW

Do you have any idea how illegal hacking a console is? No thank you.

Also, wanting to play the game the way I want to is "Entitlement"? Why? Why does rockstar get to dictate the way I play even when I am using cheats and not even on a mission?

HakatoX
  • HakatoX

Yes, This is me......

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:17 AM Edited by HakatoX, 18 December 2013 - 08:20 AM.

Do you have any idea how little local PD cares about your/my console?

Unless yer a chimo hittin on kids, I'm sure thats not the case.

Feds aren't gonna bust down any door cause a console can run unsigned code....

Besides, I always have the disk of the game I am playing in that console.

As for the entitlement comment.... 

It's not wanting to play your way that maked you sound entitled. But how you said it.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

It is really stupid that they did that, there's a lot of little things in V that you just gotta ask, what in the hell were they thinking.

Do you have any idea how illegal hacking a console is? No thank you.

... and there are other times when you gotta ask, why do people post these stupid comments :sui:

• HakatoX likes this

SouthLand
  • SouthLand

CE SABADELL FC

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

I agree. Realisim is very nice but sometimes i just want to go to the military base and blast every f*cker without dying.

LiquidNitrogen
  • LiquidNitrogen

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

@racecarlock hacking/modification of something you OWN is completely legal. Running backups of games that you don't own is illegal. Even jail breaking an iDevice is legal. Its what you do with that hacked/modded device that determines the legality of it.
  • HakatoX likes this

Xcali1985
  • Xcali1985

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:26 PM

@racecarlock hacking/modification of something you OWN is completely legal. Running backups of games that you don't own is illegal. Even jail breaking an iDevice is legal. Its what you do with that hacked/modded device that determines the legality of it.

100% Correct. Supreme Court ruled on this some time back. You can modify any device as long as it doesn't change the frequency it operates on.

Consoles are basically computers. Saying you can't modify them would be like saying you can't download a different browser on windows. Just because the company that made the product doesn't want you to do it does not make it illegal.

I will admit when I had the PS2 I downloaded games I didn't own and played them. Ones I wanted to get online with I bought as I didn't understand all the patch crap you had to do to get online.

With my PS3 I have all legit games and unmodded console. If I could mod it I would, but not for the purpose of downloads. I want to mod the actual gameplay. I missed the train so its to late now anyways. 

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:51 AM

This is one of the few flaws about this game that is damn near indefensible. There is literally no logical reason as to why R* decided to put a time limit on the cheat,

I hate to say, that cheat is symbolic of the game as a whole. Its a beautiful addition to the game, but had they done it slightly differently (in this case, no time limit), it would be perfect. I feel a lot of features of this game seem to fall just short enough that it can be annoying, but still nice enough that its added to the game. 

Omar777i
  • Omar777i

☆☆★★★

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Putting a time limit was a dumb move but can easily be changed with a future updated patch, I see it happening maybe a never wanted cheat as well?
  • Comber22 likes this

Comber22
  • Comber22

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:40 PM

This is a topic that I really don't understand the view of R* for doing this as the first SA game is riddled with cheats from flying cars to lock wanted level to bunny hops that send your guy flying. My favorite was the full city cheats like the one that CJ was changed into boxers and a clown wig and all the goofy cars took over the city. I'm really hoping that in the future a massive cheat sheet will be found. The cheat aspect of the game made me play it a lot longer, after completing all the others [Vice,SA,4] I'd spend hours on cheat rampages just for stress relief of getting up high and using explosive sniper rifle or rhino rampage through the city. In all honesty the reason I bought this game was to see all the old SA cheats get added to this game [also the dual wielded guns like the shottys I was hoping would be added]

Time restricted invincibility cheat is a good way to get people not to buy future R* stuff as it seems R* is trying to go CoD real life crap with no cheats. I don't like hiding behind cover 70% of the game, I want to walk up and shoot bad guys in the crotch till they die.

Darren9682
  • Darren9682

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:09 PM Edited by Darren9682, 28 December 2013 - 08:22 PM.

I think this concept of "It's our game" people have clouds their judgment.

GTA 5 is not our game. It's Rock*'s game.  We just have the honour in playing their creation. Therefor if they want to add a time limit they can.

Much like movies. Sure some people like movies and some don't. But I don't go around demanding things to be changed because they don't tie in to my own likes.

• HakatoX likes this

Choco Taco
  • Choco Taco

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 08:35 PM

The time limit is totally stupid.  It doesn't make sense for them to do that.  They need to remove the time limit and add a lock wanted level cheat.

Beard monster
  • Beard monster

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

I think it's dumb too. But it could be they did this to allow people to not achieve certain goals easier so quickly. There is a lot in this game like mysteries and Easter eggs etc. Don't want them solved so quick. Hopefully this invincibility cheat gets fixed soon though. I want to do whatever I want dammit

MrMunchs
  • MrMunchs

Thug

• Members

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:17 PM

I think it's dumb too. But it could be they did this to allow people to not achieve certain goals easier so quickly. There is a lot in this game like mysteries and Easter eggs etc. Don't want them solved so quick. Hopefully this invincibility cheat gets fixed soon though. I want to do whatever I want dammit

That's what I think...if you can enter into the prison or into zancudo with no time limit it would be easier to find the eggs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users