Photo

How to avoid cheater lobby?

11 replies to this topic
GTAVFan2014
  • GTAVFan2014

Content Creator

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

If you have been unwillingly gifted money, what steps do you need to take to avoid being put in the cheater lobby?  I opened a ticket with Rockstar as well to address this issue.  I don't remember who gave me the money, unfortunately.

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

LOL

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:30 AM Edited by TheStalked, 18 December 2013 - 02:30 AM.

Q. How to avoid cheater lobby?

A. Don't cheat.

• Tabula Rasa likes this

aurther61287
  • aurther61287

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:32 AM

to cheat in the first place one has to set down rule to break.

They never really gave a PSA on what to do with gifted money. Cant blame most players for that or the bounties.

• customkingpimp likes this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:33 AM Edited by customkingpimp, 18 December 2013 - 02:33 AM.

to cheat in the first place one has to set down rule to break.

They never really gave a PSA on what to do with gifted money. Cant blame most players for that or the bounties.

if i get put into a cheater lobby for being gifted money, all hell will break lose.

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

A. Don't cheat.

Unfortunately, it's not that intuitive.
Rockstar has been putting mostly non-cheaters in the cheater lobby because they received money from a cheater, and Rockstar has jacksh*t of an idea on how to handle this situation and save face.

• customkingpimp likes this

SetOnFire
  • SetOnFire

Need a light ?

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:33 AM

OP is a snitch. Karma will get you banned.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:36 AM Edited by SpidersWeb, 18 December 2013 - 02:36 AM.

Yeah I was on Xbox Live, not PS3, last night and got given 200M (two payments of 100) from a random player I'd never talked to before. He was doing a bounty glitch/hack, over and over and just gifting to randoms.

I may be a dirty glitching whore, but I'm not a hacker nor did I organise it - was just at random.

Ataricade
  • Ataricade

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by Ataricade, 18 December 2013 - 03:24 AM.

People are not getting banned just from receiving money. Its other things they have also done. Of course there still could of been screw ups. nothing is perfect.

Folks seem to think R* is stupid. They can see your activity. They are not just looking at the social club page lol.

In response to certain exploits in the game, additional efforts are now in place to add players who clearly cheat to the cheater pool.

This should reduce the amount of reports on the forum of these exploits.

Update:

Question: I heard Rockstar Games was banning players who received large amounts of GTA$ from modders. Is this true?

Answer: To keep the gameplay environment as fair as possible for legitimate players, we routinely do sweeps to separate out cheaters and modders, and to reverse any illegitimate transactions. These sweeps are based on in-game automated detection, examination of suspicious gameplay statistics, and also manually-reviewed evidence submitted by the Community. If you were not engaged in any willful cheating or exploiting yourself, you do not need to worry about getting caught up in our work to separate out cheaters from the rest of the population.

c3tm6N4.pngBrian B 10 hours ago Share

AdmiralAmmunation
  • AdmiralAmmunation

The Lost LS Chapter

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:25 AM

File a R* report NOW. Just tell them you were unwillingly gifted money.

If they pool you, and you tell them you reported the incident, they will take you out.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:38 AM

A. Don't cheat.

did you read? he was gifted the money, there have been 100's of threads about people given money that did not ask or want it, and they ask what to do here because its a game they spent money on and enjoy playing. it got so out of hand that these billionaires just spread the ban wealth for everyone. not OP's fault money just showed up.

you do not need to worry about getting caught up in our work to separate out cheaters from the rest of the population.

c3tm6N4.pngBrian B 10 hours ago Share

i think they mean separate the small population of legit players from the overwhelming amount of cheaters that caused us to release this update, and based on our previous updates, money earned in game is still and always will be, horrible. our bad...

thats what they f*ckin meant to say.

tymaster50
  • tymaster50

GTAF Resident Black Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:42 AM

basically if you don't snitch, you're done playing with friends lol. I ain't no snitch :p 

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:47 AM

The Cheater's Pool is where it's at. I for one cannot wait!

Once all of this is done, most of the GTA community is going to be in the Cheater's Pool anyway. You might as well come along. You get a cool hat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users