Photo

Plane Crash Spawning

5 replies to this topic
jwrenn2
  • jwrenn2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:19 AM

In the GTAV campaign, when you are in your own plane (that you bought) when it explodes and you die, does it respawn back in the hangar?

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:24 AM Edited by PineboxFiller, 18 December 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Yes.

Also, if you steal a plane (most notably the Lazer) and park it in your hanger (though you have to leave and come back and preferably save) it will also infinitely respawn if you take it out for a flight and crash it or jump out as long as you never change to another vehicle on the hanger list. Once you switch to say, the Rhino, the Lazer is gone until you steal another one.

Boats also work like this at the Marina, though cars or motorcycles purchased to the garage unfortunately, do not.

• Militia and jwrenn2 like this

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

Yes.

Also, if you steal a plane (most notably the Lazer) and park it in your hanger (though you have to leave and come back and preferably save) it will also infinitely respawn if you take it out for a flight and crash it or jump out as long as you never change to another vehicle on the hanger list. Once you switch to say, the Rhino, the Lazer is gone until you steal another one.

Boats also work like this at the Marina, though cars or motorcycles purchased to the garage unfortunately, do not.

Completely wack system, may I add?  Lol

Well, you technically "can" use your Lazer, switch to your tank, and get your Lazer back without stealing it.  How?  Only by not saving your game, but that method is just silly.  You should be able to have the Lazer in your D-Pad list.  Anything you steal, actually should be able to go into the D-Pad list, or at least let me buy a Lazer for 10 million.  Game is f*cking wack.  Everything respawns, just not your cars and motorcycles.  What a crock of sh*t.

• xenorama likes this

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:47 AM

Well, you technically "can" use your Lazer, switch to your tank, and get your Lazer back without stealing it.  How?  Only by not saving your game, but that method is just silly. 

It should indeed add to the list, BUT there is another way -- Just pull the Lazer out of the hangar, park it outside (I recommend keeping the camera view pointed at it so it doesn't decide to vanish), pull up the tank or other vehicle you want, and then put the Lazer back in the hangar before you leave with the tank. Just have to keep the Lazer out so it won't be replaced, but you can put it back into the middle of the hangar while the tank is still sitting there with no problems.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

Well, you technically "can" use your Lazer, switch to your tank, and get your Lazer back without stealing it.  How?  Only by not saving your game, but that method is just silly. 

It should indeed add to the list, BUT there is another way -- Just pull the Lazer out of the hangar, park it outside (I recommend keeping the camera view pointed at it so it doesn't decide to vanish), pull up the tank or other vehicle you want, and then put the Lazer back in the hangar before you leave with the tank. Just have to keep the Lazer out so it won't be replaced, but you can put it back into the middle of the hangar while the tank is still sitting there with no problems.

Could be true with Franklin or Michael, but I tried this with Trevor, pulled the Lazer all the way out to the Helipad area, switched to tank with the camera on the Lazer, Lazer disappeared.

xenorama
  • xenorama

Go Commando!

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hmm, maybe it did that because it was on the helipad? That might actually be the reason, but maybe not.

Similar to your experience, one other place I have vehicles vanish (with Trevor as well, oddly enough) is the area right around the strip club parking spots. I have learned to keep the camera pointed at my vehicles because there were quite a few times I was swapping vehicles in and out of those spots (and you know I sometimes park large vehicles horizontally, so it might be a tight fit), I would park my new vehicle right there like fifteen feet away so I could move something else out of the parking spots and replace it with the new one, and if that vehicle fifteen feet away falls off camera for an instant it's likely to just vanish.

That got really annoying, and actually I've had it happen with Michael a few times too. You know his four car garage, how you drive through an opening to get behind the building where the entrance is? Then off to the side is another parking lot where your previous car will be when you come out of the garage? Once or twice I have had that "previous car" vanish just because I drove through the opening and it was "offscreen" since it was blocked by a wall for a half-second.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users