Photo

GTA San Andreas Shenmue "port"?

167 replies to this topic
Digas
  • Digas

Texture Maker, Loadscreens Maker, Mapper..PM me

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:55 PM Edited by Digas, 05 March 2014 - 10:25 PM.

I know why this thread should be locked, it's a disgrace to shenmue. 

It's a disgrace to Shenmue? Well I would like to inform you that this "disgrace" is the FIRST modification that adds so many shenmue things to GTA SA.. We were the first guys doing this.. If you dont like it then make a better one.. I have sure that one day after this modification some other TEAM will make (maybe) a better GTA Shenmue mod, but we were the pioneers, so shut up and respect our work.. If you want all to be perfect then make it yourself...

Also I started my job this week on a factory, and probably the other team members work too, or are students so we have our own lifes to deal with too..

• R4GN0R0K and Mega like this

Jaybog
  • Jaybog

DopeExpert

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 06:59 AM

I had a Sega Dreamcast years ago and I became a huge fan of shenmue, it's a great game with a lot of possibilities, a great storyline, many interactions, animals, charismatic characters, and the martial arts at it's best.. So why not make a Shenmue port to pc using GTA San Andreas system?

Here are some gameplay videos of Shenmue and Shenmue II:
Shenmue Gameplay Part 1.
Shenmue 2 (2001) Dreamcast Gameplay

I love this game and I love San Andreas too xD But I'm just giving an idea.. Imagine Millions of shenmue fans like me that finally can have shenmue on PC without emulators and with other possibilities in gameplay..

Here it's a list of features of Shenmue:

Shenmue has animals and GTA SA hasn't, but it's possible to make animals in GTA SA, there are a lot of animals mods for GTA SA view
so create a cat mod for GTA SA engine it's not hard.

GTA SA has CJ as player, with many clothes haircuts and some other stuff, Shenmue has Ryo Hazuki with only an outfit,
so it's easy to convert to GTA, if the guy who makes it is good at moddeling, but there is already a Ryo Hazuki player model to GTA SA here: video
We can also include these clothes as a possible outfit to wear view

The cutscenes can be made, but if it is not possible to make Shenmue cutscenes to GTA SA, it's posible to convert the audio and create Shenmue missions with that audio from original game, so I think it's a good idea, waiting to see any reply..

IF SOMEONE WANTS TO JOIN OUR TEAM JUST ASK ;)

Please let me know if there is anybody interested in this mod idea..

Actual progress:

Bellwood Drinking Machines Texture Mod by Digas

Asian_TreesSakura_Tree_ Texture Mod by iTakumi

Shenmue Tomato Convenience Shop by Digas

Shenmue_HD_Loadscreens Digas

Shenmue Clock BETA 1 by fastman92 (modified textures version)

Shenmue "HANG ON", by ZAZ
Find NRG-500 and Racestart location in Bar and drive Bike Race in 8Track

"Ine-San" at Cj's house with daily money, by ZAZ

Bar back alley fight like Shenmue by ZAZ

Ryo Hazuki player model by Alex Elizondo (owner of this site: GTASAclothing )

Retextured peds in Shenmue Style (Ine-san, Fuku-san) by Digas

Shenmue HD Leather Jacket for CJ by Digas

Shenmue photos inside CJ's house by Digas

Chinese kid by Digas

Chinese Gate at grove street entrance by Digas

Members of "GTA SHENMUE" Team until now:

Digas(me): Retextured some things (Shenmue Tomato store, HD Shenmue Loadscreens, Shenmue phone texture, clothes,HUD retexture, GTA SA minimap radar,Shenmue photos at CJ's house,some peds retexture, etc..) and edited GTA SA Map (chinese gate at the entrance of Grove Street).
iTakumi: Replaced all GTA SA trees with japanese style trees like Sakura Trees (herry blossom) and even other trees.
Keizh: Rigged some Shenmue and Shenmue II characters, including Ryo Hazuki ped and Lan Di, Shenmue Sword and Sega All Stars Racing Ryo's Motorbike.
Lass2248: Made some scripts (Ine-San near Sweet's House)
ZAZ: Fixed some script by LASS2248 (Ine-San script)  and make some new scripts (Shenmue Hang-On minigame, enemies wave spawn like Shenmue).
Jake.DK: Made the LS Chinese Cop.
Fastman92: Made analog Clock mod and SpeedoSA mod.
In45do: Giving permission for his "The Lost Cruise" mod.
Alex Elizondo(owner of this SITE) Ryo Hazuki player model (working fat,skinny and muscle, including cutscenes)
TheThingy: Beta Testing (to make sure this mod will work on all PC's)

NOTE:
All of the mods that were made by for example: fastman92,and in45do, and some others members that were not on this team at first, we have permission to use them on this total conversion (permission gave by the authors).

So if you are thinking of leaving a comment saying "You are using other modders work on this total conversion without permission" or things like that, please, first make sure you are informed about the situation.. And now this post is posted on the right place..

:rampage: HATERS BE CRAZY!!  :rampage:  :die:

is there a download, this link in your signature shows me an error site
  • Digas likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:19 PM Edited by Digas, 09 March 2014 - 04:25 PM.

I had a Sega Dreamcast years ago and I became a huge fan of shenmue, it's a great game with a lot of possibilities, a great storyline, many interactions, animals, charismatic characters, and the martial arts at it's best.. So why not make a Shenmue port to pc using GTA San Andreas system?

Here are some gameplay videos of Shenmue and Shenmue II:
Shenmue Gameplay Part 1.
Shenmue 2 (2001) Dreamcast Gameplay

I love this game and I love San Andreas too xD But I'm just giving an idea.. Imagine Millions of shenmue fans like me that finally can have shenmue on PC without emulators and with other possibilities in gameplay..

Here it's a list of features of Shenmue:

Shenmue has animals and GTA SA hasn't, but it's possible to make animals in GTA SA, there are a lot of animals mods for GTA SA view
so create a cat mod for GTA SA engine it's not hard.

GTA SA has CJ as player, with many clothes haircuts and some other stuff, Shenmue has Ryo Hazuki with only an outfit,
so it's easy to convert to GTA, if the guy who makes it is good at moddeling, but there is already a Ryo Hazuki player model to GTA SA here: video
We can also include these clothes as a possible outfit to wear view

The cutscenes can be made, but if it is not possible to make Shenmue cutscenes to GTA SA, it's posible to convert the audio and create Shenmue missions with that audio from original game, so I think it's a good idea, waiting to see any reply..

IF SOMEONE WANTS TO JOIN OUR TEAM JUST ASK ;)

Please let me know if there is anybody interested in this mod idea..

Actual progress:

Bellwood Drinking Machines Texture Mod by Digas

Asian_TreesSakura_Tree_ Texture Mod by iTakumi

Shenmue Tomato Convenience Shop by Digas

Shenmue_HD_Loadscreens Digas

Shenmue Clock BETA 1 by fastman92 (modified textures version)

Shenmue "HANG ON", by ZAZ
Find NRG-500 and Racestart location in Bar and drive Bike Race in 8Track

"Ine-San" at Cj's house with daily money, by ZAZ

Bar back alley fight like Shenmue by ZAZ

Ryo Hazuki player model by Alex Elizondo (owner of this site: GTASAclothing )

Retextured peds in Shenmue Style (Ine-san, Fuku-san) by Digas

Shenmue HD Leather Jacket for CJ by Digas

Shenmue photos inside CJ's house by Digas

Chinese kid by Digas

Chinese Gate at grove street entrance by Digas

Members of "GTA SHENMUE" Team until now:

Digas(me): Retextured some things (Shenmue Tomato store, HD Shenmue Loadscreens, Shenmue phone texture, clothes,HUD retexture, GTA SA minimap radar,Shenmue photos at CJ's house,some peds retexture, etc..) and edited GTA SA Map (chinese gate at the entrance of Grove Street).
iTakumi: Replaced all GTA SA trees with japanese style trees like Sakura Trees (herry blossom) and even other trees.
Keizh: Rigged some Shenmue and Shenmue II characters, including Ryo Hazuki ped and Lan Di, Shenmue Sword and Sega All Stars Racing Ryo's Motorbike.
Lass2248: Made some scripts (Ine-San near Sweet's House)
ZAZ: Fixed some script by LASS2248 (Ine-San script)  and make some new scripts (Shenmue Hang-On minigame, enemies wave spawn like Shenmue).
Jake.DK: Made the LS Chinese Cop.
Fastman92: Made analog Clock mod and SpeedoSA mod.
In45do: Giving permission for his "The Lost Cruise" mod.
Alex Elizondo(owner of this SITE) Ryo Hazuki player model (working fat,skinny and muscle, including cutscenes)
TheThingy: Beta Testing (to make sure this mod will work on all PC's)

NOTE:
All of the mods that were made by for example: fastman92,and in45do, and some others members that were not on this team at first, we have permission to use them on this total conversion (permission gave by the authors).

So if you are thinking of leaving a comment saying "You are using other modders work on this total conversion without permission" or things like that, please, first make sure you are informed about the situation.. And now this post is posted on the right place..

:rampage: HATERS BE CRAZY!!  :rampage:  :die:

is there a download, this link in your signature shows me an error site

Well the download of my mods is easy, just go to www.gtagarage.com and search the name "digas" and click "all mods by this member" I will fix the signature link

You can now test the signature download link

TheThingy
  • TheThingy

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:40 AM

Hello, everyone. I hope everything is going great with the Shenmue Project.

• Digas likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

Hello, everyone. I hope everything is going great with the Shenmue Project.

Sorry for the lack of updates but i have a job now and don't have much time but WE are working on a secret Update to this mod xD That is: Ryo Hazuki as the player, working on cutscenes.. My friend Axel Elizondo is trying to fix only some holes on the model so it looks perfect.. BE SURE you check his mods HEREhttp://www.gtasaclothing.com/ He's like the best moddeler I've ever seen.. I am helpng him with some texturing, and he does he models.. We are planning to do some haircuts or maybe all, and also the Ryo Hazuki Jacket model from Shenmue ;) So Be calm haha This mod is NOT DEAD!! ;) Sorry for keeping you waiting guys...

• TheThingy likes this

TheThingy
  • TheThingy

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:37 PM

Good to hear the Mod Project is still getting updated.

• Digas likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:43 PM

Good to hear the Mod Project is still getting updated.

When Ryo is made I will post it Here, then release a beta Version of te mod with all the things done so far, together..

rokistaking187
  • rokistaking187

Mod Killer,Idea Giver,Helper For installing Mods,Active User :D

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:51 PM

Nc mod :) ...

• Digas likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Nc mod :) ...

Thanks it's still W.I.P. we are working on Ryo Hazuki player model.. You can check my other mods here: http://www.moddb.com...meida33234/mods and here my facebook page of mods where I post ALL the NEWS, UPDATES and DOWNLOADS: https://www.facebook.com/gtadigasmods

rokistaking187
  • rokistaking187

Mod Killer,Idea Giver,Helper For installing Mods,Active User :D

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 10 April 2014 - 02:55 AM

@Digas ok .... i'll try :D ...

• Digas likes this

Convetors
  • Convetors

Suddently its Me !

• Members

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:45 AM Edited by Convetors, 11 April 2014 - 11:07 AM.

Hey guys i got an awesom idea to be more "Shenmue'ish"  talking about the map you should and you need to do some deleting over there ,( i have played Shenmue 2 amaaaaazing game by the way ) any way  you should get some models from GTA III yes GTA 3 ! not any models ^^ you should get the CHINATOWN models :D ofcourse , and alitle bit of texture modification , plus try to get some other from GTA IV also Chinatwon . by that you will delet building , put the china town building all over the city of SF , i am sure it will look more Shenmuewish . i thinnk you should delet all other lands ( Las venturas and Los sontos ) let the San fierro only  becaus she has more similair stuff to Shenmue .... (sh*t i like shenmue !! )   by deleting other map you will have more Free ID and you will be able to add more Interiors if you want to without thinking of limits :D  . wish Luck for you i Would alot to help but i am having this exam next month for "BAC" Wish me Luck GTA univers ^-^ , after succes il be glad to help you guys . 2c1FANY.png

• Digas likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

Hey guys i got an awesom idea to be more "Shenmue'ish"  talking about the map you should and you need to do some deleting over there ,( i have played Shenmue 2 amaaaaazing game by the way ) any way  you should get some models from GTA III yes GTA 3 ! not any models ^^ you should get the CHINATOWN models :D ofcourse , and alitle bit of texture modification , plus try to get some other from GTA IV also Chinatwon . by that you will delet building , put the china town building all over the city of SF , i am sure it will look more Shenmuewish . i thinnk you should delet all other lands ( Las venturas and Los sontos ) let the San fierro only  becaus she has more similair stuff to Shenmue .... (sh*t i like shenmue !! )   by deleting other map you will have more Free ID and you will be able to add more Interiors if you want to without thinking of limits :D  . wish Luck for you i Would alot to help but i am having this exam next month for "BAC" Wish me Luck GTA univers ^-^ , after succes il be glad to help you guys . 2c1FANY.png

Thanks, nice idea, I need guys for the team.. and that Chinatown idea seems cool too.. What can you do in terms of modding???? O BTW Good luck for the exam ;)

Convetors
  • Convetors

Suddently its Me !

• Members

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

Thank you very Very much :D . i have my good hands on textures i can make good textures , creat building from scratch (still a begginer but i made my neighberhood :D ) Can rig Peds , What you will reallly really need wich i don't know how to do , is The most common problem in making new maps , Path's really hard for me  becaus if we delet the map we will face problem in making the Cars and train  move in the righ position in That water section that i added in the map

• Digas likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

Thank you very Very much :D . i have my good hands on textures i can make good textures , creat building from scratch (still a begginer but i made my neighberhood :D ) Can rig Peds , What you will reallly really need wich i don't know how to do , is The most common problem in making new maps , Path's really hard for me  becaus if we delet the map we will face problem in making the Cars and train  move in the righ position in That water section that i added in the map

Well we can leave the other two cities, but add that Chinatown buildings and lamps in all the cities, add new poor neighbourhoods, and new awesome buildings...Like the ones from hong kong..

Convetors
  • Convetors

Suddently its Me !

• Members

Posted 13 April 2014 - 12:50 AM

Well you Can't . Limits are Killing alot of projects deleting  other cities will helps "Loading , Free ID's , the chance to have more building (more MOdels) Because  remember that we will need to make the market wish need a lot of Objects ! i mean a lot and it need to be made by ( 3D modellers )  , This is things are easy with a litle bit of 3D modellers , the worst thing is scripts of Question's (talking to peds, know direction) you have to know what you are facing its not any mod or TC you are making ,yes its amazing but you need a good team  , not just texture guys, You neeed to have Scripters for scripts . interior should be made you really need to get your hands on interriors from shenmue !

• Digas likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:49 AM

Well you Can't . Limits are Killing alot of projects deleting  other cities will helps "Loading , Free ID's , the chance to have more building (more MOdels) Because  remember that we will need to make the market wish need a lot of Objects ! i mean a lot and it need to be made by ( 3D modellers )  , This is things are easy with a litle bit of 3D modellers , the worst thing is scripts of Question's (talking to peds, know direction) you have to know what you are facing its not any mod or TC you are making ,yes its amazing but you need a good team  , not just texture guys, You neeed to have Scripters for scripts . interior should be made you really need to get your hands on interriors from shenmue !

I'm thinking of creating the buildings from scratch maybe and some interiors.. But I need a goos team..

• Convetors likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:39 PM Edited by Digas, 23 April 2014 - 07:27 PM.

Well people I have a JOB now, but today I managed to have a little time for modding.. I bought Sleeping Dogs, and since it has some things similar to Shenmue Here is a little  "UPDATE" to this total conversion, showing Wei Shen Tattoos from Sleeping Dogs!!! Wei_Shen_Tattoos.png?lgfp=3000

I Hope you Like!

DOWNLOAD THE MINI PACK With the things done UNTIL NOW ON THIS PLAYER SKIN HERE: https://www.dropbox.... Player MOD.rar And Also the savegame that gives CJ Wei Shen Tattoos and Wei Shen Face (While Ryo Hazuki head model is still being made): https://www.dropbox....5puk/GTASAsf8.b

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Brand new MODERN CLOTHES, based on Sleeping Dogs with HD textures.. gta_sa_2014-04-24_19-05-26-10.png?lgfp=3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users