Photo

GTA San Andreas Shenmue "port"?

167 replies to this topic
Digas
  • Digas

Texture Maker, Loadscreens Maker, Mapper..PM me

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:46 PM Edited by Digas, 13 January 2014 - 03:47 PM.

I think This GTA V HUD with Google Maps Radar mod will be a great think to add to this Shenmue mod! Check this screen to see what I'm Talking About.. Shenmue_Sailors.png

So To this Shenmue mod we already have Ryo and Lan Di Models, radar texture, HUD, Fonts, Loadscreens and menu backgrounds.. But I really want Ryo to appear on Cutscenes so I need somenone to make his head to GTA SA to replace CJ's head.. But Hey this is a Cool Start of a thing that can be a great mod one day.. Even if it's somenone else to continue this project..

• TheThingy likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

Great! Really really nice load screens. But, none of Yumiko Minamino & Goro? lol

Here are the new loadscreens with a little bonus: https://www.dropbox....enu images).rar and here are some pics of the bonus:  preview2.png

preview3.png

Preview_1.png

Here are Cool GTA VC Fonts to GTA SA, I think they look cool because these fonts are similar to Shenmue ones so here's the link (not made by me but I think it's cool): http://www.gtagarage...ow.php?id=15185 And here's the print with my menu background changed to Shenmue:  FONTS.png

Looks Cool I think xD

Sorry for quoting again xD But here's what I've done with the Sleeping Dogs Character skin to GTA SA: Wei_Shen_Ryo_Hazuki_Retexture.png

And here's the link to download: http://www.4shared.c...ogs__GTA_s.html

• TheThingy likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Here are another link of Sleeping Dogs character to San Andreas (model is NOT made by me) I only retextured it with Ryo Hazuki textures: This version has Original Ryo Hazuki jeans: http://www.4shared.com/rar/z1BaEIlNba/Wei_Shen__Sleeping_Dogs__GTA_s.html Jeans.png

• TheThingy likes this

TheThingy
  • TheThingy

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:29 PM

Great loading screens, Digas.Those Vice City fonts you found are nice. too.
This is a good start with your mod. Thanks for sharing your mods with us.
The Sleeping Dogs character does look like Ryo.Good job. The skin with the
Hazuki jeans looks cool, too.Now he looks ready to go Kareoking with Nozomi lol
Thanks for your updates. Keep up the good work.

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Thank you.. Keep an eye on this topic, because when I find more cool things or do cool things I'll post them here..This is a good start even if i can't finish the project one day, I hope that someone use this idea to do somethign similar..

TheThingy
  • TheThingy

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

Yeah, I'll keep an eye on this thread for new updates.

• Digas likes this

Lass2248
  • Lass2248

Nice Guy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:23 AM Edited by Lass2248, 18 January 2014 - 05:29 AM.

Thank you.. Keep an eye on this topic, because when I find more cool things or do cool things I'll post them here..This is a good start even if i can't finish the project one day, I hope that someone use this idea to do somethign similar..

The way you said that sounded like you aren't really planning to finish it.

Also if want to create models for this project but can't use 3ds Max because of a certain reason, use GMAX it's basically the same as 3ds Max but created mainly for game material creation.

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:25 PM

Also if want to create models for this project but can't use 3ds Max because of a certain reason, use GMAX it's basically the same as 3ds Max but created mainly for game material creation.

I really want to finish this mod but I can't model, I've tried and I can't xD I can only do some retexturing, particle effects, loadscreens, that kind of things. I'm tring to recruit a team..

Lass2248
  • Lass2248

Nice Guy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:30 AM Edited by Lass2248, 24 January 2014 - 08:35 AM.

I really want to finish this mod but I can't model, I've tried and I can't xD I can only do some retexturing, particle effects, loadscreens, that kind of things. I'm tring to recruit a team..

If you really want to make make Full Conversion mod, or even a small one like a script, be sure you really know how to mod, and it's gonna take a long time or even impossible to get even get 10 people the way your finding someone, you can't just go around the forum saying 

Spoiler
if you think that will be enough, your completely wrong first, make a list of the things you you will add in the main post and then add pictures of your current progress.

PS: Sorry for being sarcastic on that Example of a way of finding someone willing to help you, and also Shenmue is a fun game since I'm watching a Game-play of it right now, it has a nice story, so I'm willing to help you in this project, though I'm not always available all the time, so i think i will be no help. 

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:05 AM

If you really want to make make Full Conversion mod, or even a small one like a script, be sure you really know how to mod, and it's gonna take a long time or even impossible to get even get 10 people the way your finding someone, you can't just go around the forum saying 

Spoiler
if you think that will be enough, your completely wrong first, make a list of the things you you will add in the main post and then add pictures of your current progress.

PS: Sorry for being sarcastic on that Example of a way of finding someone willing to help you, and also Shenmue is a fun game since I'm watching a Game-play of it right now, it has a nice story, so I'm willing to help you in this project, though I'm not always available all the time, so i think i will be no help. 

I understand, but THANK YOU, you can help me doing what? I've tried some tutorials of moddeling and scripting but i can't do it xD I've been posting some screens of my progress on retexturing and making loadscreens.. Unfortunatly I can't find any Shenmue HD photos.

Lass2248
  • Lass2248

Nice Guy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:16 PM Edited by Lass2248, 24 January 2014 - 12:46 PM.

Spoiler

I understand, but THANK YOU, you can help me doing what? I've tried some tutorials of moddeling and scripting but i can't do it xD I've been posting some screens of my progress on retexturing and making loadscreens.. Unfortunatly I can't find any Shenmue HD photos.

I can do minor script to add Shenmue features but i still haven't tried doing big scripts like missions.

Oh i can do MapEditing too(Use ME) but I'm not too confident about texturing.

• TheThingy likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

Spoiler

I can do minor script to add Shenmue features but i still haven't tried doing big scripts like missions.

Thank you, I can send you some chinese style textures for you to apply to some models that you can make.. and you can do a little script first with some shenmue features like curfew, and maybe an analog clock that appears when we press some key.. I can make textures for the clock too... About the map, my plan is to mantain the original GTA SA map, but retexture it with shenmue style textures.. and then add some dojos around the city and some Shenmue principal buildings like Hazuki Residence and that... I can provide textures I think.

• TheThingy likes this

Lass2248
  • Lass2248

Nice Guy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:03 AM

Spoiler

Thank you, I can send you some chinese style textures for you to apply to some models that you can make.. and you can do a little script first with some shenmue features like curfew, and maybe an analog clock that appears when we press some key.. I can make textures for the clock too... About the map, my plan is to mantain the original GTA SA map, but retexture it with shenmue style textures.. and then add some dojos around the city and some Shenmue principal buildings like Hazuki Residence and that... I can provide textures I think.

Ahh, for the Features i don't really know much about Shenmue features so can you post some of them, also do you want to add the Shenmue camera style?

TheThingy
  • TheThingy

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:57 AM

This sounds great, Lass2248. Are you going to do some scripts for the Shenmue Mod?

• Digas likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Spoiler

Ahh, for the Features i don't really know much about Shenmue features so can you post some of them, also do you want to add the Shenmue camera style?

Aboute the features, here are some of them:

Analog clock on screen when we press a key

Curfew (must be in his house at midnight, but there's a limit after midnight) then he wakes up at 08.00 am

There's a letter every (week i think, can't remember) with money at his house

There is the quick action fighting thing.. (press some keys when they appear on screen)

I can make the textures of the things you need..

I know that making all of these scripts maybe is not possible but some of them maybe possible..

This sounds great, Lass2248. Are you going to do some scripts for the Shenmue Mod?

You can tell some of Shenmue features too xD I can't remember all of them because my emulator gone crazy xD

• TheThingy likes this

Lass2248
  • Lass2248

Nice Guy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:33 AM

I'm planning to do some Features Scripts.

The Analog Clock seems easy, i only need a suitable Clock Texture similar as the one in Shenmue.

About the letter, it seems i only need to add a texture to a specific location then check if the player is near, if he is then the player is gonna receive the amount of money(?).

The Quick Action thingy do you want it to be the WASD or the Arrow Keys?
  • TheThingy likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

The Analog Clock seems easy, i only need a suitable Clock Texture similar as the one in Shenmue.

About the letter, it seems i only need to add a texture to a specific location then check if the player is near, if he is then the player is gonna receive the amount of money(?).

It could be with the arrow keys if possible.. I'm going to start my work on the clock texture.. the letter idea seems perfect thanks..

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Done the Clock Textures here they are http://www.4shared.c...h_pointers.html I can't find the Shenmue clock numbers fonts, but I've made it with another fonts..

• TheThingy likes this

Lass2248
  • Lass2248

Nice Guy

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

Done the Clock Textures here they are http://www.4shared.c...h_pointers.html I can't find the Shenmue clock numbers fonts, but I've made it with another fonts..

Ok, but about the letter, if your gonna change the Player's safe house(CJ's Mom House) i suggest i'll have to wait until it's done.

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Ok, but about the letter, if your gonna change the Player's safe house(CJ's Mom House) i suggest i'll have to wait until it's done.

Thank you, about CJ's home, I will only retexture it for now... Due to the lack of Moddelers, but maybe I will make a little residence on the San Andreas map somewhere, like the Hazuki Residence.. When you have done the clock thing tell me please.. Thank you

TheThingy
  • TheThingy

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:28 AM

How about reskinning the 7/24 stores with Tomato Shop themed textures? Then somehow having the Tomatoe Shop's bgm play when you enter it? Even maybe making a script when you buy something you can play a little fortune raffle where you win something?

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:58 AM

How about reskinning the 7/24 stores with Tomato Shop themed textures? Then somehow having the Tomatoe Shop's bgm play when you enter it? Even maybe making a script when you buy something you can play a little fortune raffle where you win something?

About that texture I think I can make it, if I can find a tool to extract Shenmue Textures, do you know any program? I'm going to search, if I can find something and make some progress on the retexture I'll post here.. And the BGM theme I need a tool to extract shenmue audio, or... maybe I can record the sound with Microsoft Expression Encoder 4, then ask for help for the script.. Thank you for the sugestion ;)

TheThingy
  • TheThingy

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:37 AM Edited by TheThingy, 03 February 2014 - 11:42 AM.

You're welcome, Digas. I downloaded a packfrom the shenmue dojo website in the past. It is packaged with a lot of modding tools for Shenmue. It's called shentrad_full_pack_2013-02-03 (Shenmue Translation Pack). I don't know what it does, but I downloaded it incase I need it later. It's like a All-In-One Package. It's found here:

Link: http://shenmuesubs.s...e.net/download/

Hope that helps. And for the Tomato Shop song I think I have it somewhere. If you'd like I can send it to you (if allowed?)?

Incase others don't know what the song sounds like heres an example:

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

You're welcome, Digas. I downloaded a packfrom the shenmue dojo website in the past. It is packaged with a lot of modding tools for Shenmue. It's called shentrad_full_pack_2013-02-03 (Shenmue Translation Pack). I don't know what it does, but I downloaded it incase I need it later. It's like a All-In-One Package. It's found here:

Link: http://shenmuesubs.s...e.net/download/

Hope that helps. And for the Tomato Shop song I think I have it somewhere. If you'd like I can send it to you (if allowed?)?

Incase others don't know what the song sounds like heres an example:

Thank you, you can send me the song of the store, or maybe I can download it from youtube with atube catcher xD I will try those tools and see what I can do with them haha if I can... Than you

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

I finished the Tomato Convenience Shop Texture to replace all 24/7 stores around San Andreas, Now I just need to find a way to put the sound of tomato shop from Shenmue to GTA SA... Here are some Screens: Tomato_Interior.png

Tomato_Exterior.png

My Franklin Skin BTW lol Still W.I.P. Franklin__1_.png

Here's the download link: http://www.4shared.c...o_Convenie.html

Long time ago I've made a Ryo Hazuki Jacket to San Andreas but in Low Quality and amateur quality too, was one of my first mods xD 

Now I will remade it then I'll upload here...

• TheThingy likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

Hi, I will let you with this new update.. SURPRISE !!!!! It's Chai from Shenmue, brought to GTA San Andreas by me xD I extracted some shenmue textures and since this guy is similar to Chai CWMYHB1Dillimore.jpg

I've made this: Chai.jpg

Enjoy killing CHAI on GTA SA streets haha here's the DOWNLOADhttp://www.4shared.c.../Chai_Skin.html

• TheThingy likes this

TheThingy
  • TheThingy

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:53 PM Edited by TheThingy, 03 February 2014 - 10:54 PM.

Very cool Digas! "You did it, again!" lol That Ped character is perfect as Chai.

• Digas likes this

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 February 2014 - 10:54 PM Edited by Digas, 03 February 2014 - 10:58 PM.

Very cool Digas! "You did it, again!" lol

Thank you haha... Always trying to make cool stuff xD I thought that that ped would look awesome as Chai too, and since I had Chai Texture, found it on Shenmue files, I decided to retextured it haha

Digas
  • Digas

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 03 February 2014 - 11:35 PM Edited by Digas, 04 February 2014 - 11:22 AM.

Here are some new loadscreens I've made, this time in HD, thanks to iTakumi... Here are some screens:Loadscreens_Example.png

Those Green Letters on the Loadscreens will not appear on your GTA.. They only appear on mine because it's a cleo mod that I've extracted from GTA LCS pc edition mod to put reflection on my GTA SA Cars..

Anyway, HERE'S THE DOWNLOAD TO LOADSCREENS: http://www.4shared.c...oadscreens.html

Hope you like, more updates soon ;) Big Thanks to Lass2248, The Thingy, and iTakumi.. A great "TEAM" that gives me ideas for stuff to make, help me doing cleo scripts, textures, and some other stuff.. Thanks Guys ;)

I've made a NEW mod logo, it's my profile pic, and it's the logo you'll see on Loadscreens, Hope you like :D

yoshiandluigi3
  • yoshiandluigi3

modder.

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:19 AM

Hey there, i used to play shenmue on the dreamcast all the time when i was a kid, I loved that game. I havent played it in forever. But i can help you port it to the computer since that would be awesome. Are you still looking for people to help? Im not very good at coding but i can help you port over the models from the game. Let me know if you need me for anything

• Digas likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users