Photo

Older players

143 replies to this topic
John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

Can't believe I've never noticed this thread before.

I'm 28 (old compared to 90% of the kids around here), but it's awesome seeing guys in their 40's/50's/60's playing GTA!

You better believe I'll still be gaming in my 60's - about the time GTA 6 comes out.

• fac316, Osho, ViceCityStalker and 2 others like this

MGB_Roadstar
  • MGB_Roadstar

Old & Slow

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

How does your hearing aid handle all the ambient sounds? and when you got your copy of GTA V did you also get a knitted sweater and a pipe to sit in your rocking chair telling your grandchildren about the old days when video games only consisted of singular pixels being moved across the screen?

R* have gotta put a knitted sweater and pipe in Binco.

I'd even buy a Tiger Shark Card if I could get a rocking chair for my Alta St apartment. ;)

• Miamivicecity and krashr like this

DangerZone77
  • DangerZone77

ninja not ninjer

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

I hope I'll be alive when GTA25 comes out... props to the OP 

hype5870
  • hype5870

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:10 PM

30 here, not quite at your level yet but not the 15 year old media thinks we are either. And I just want to say THANK YOU for posting on here and being your own man.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:22 PM Edited by TensaZangetsu, 16 January 2014 - 11:23 PM.

I'm 20 and going to be 21 this year if that counts. I've been playing videos games since the Genesis, Super Nintendo, PS1, and N64 came out. My favorite game of all time has to be Ocarina of Time, no doubt. Oh and the first GTA i played was when I was 8, and that was GTA III on PS2. I played games like Driver and Driver 2 before that which is what really got me into games like this. The Italian Job was also good and guess what? it was also made by Rockstar. They seem to have a very good deal of games out there. Rockstar also published Earthworm Jim 3D for N64 which was also a good game. Don't know if they helped work on that though. But as far as I'm concerned R* is a very good company when it comes to their games. I don't think you're ever too old to play games! I'll play video games until the day I die!

Gauntlet Hair
  • Gauntlet Hair

Professional Pilot IRL

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

I'm less than a month away at the time of this post from being sixteen. I've been playing all sorts of games since I was old enough to get my own gaming PC, which was when I was about eight. I played Fallout 2 on that bad boy until I broke the monitor and spilled water all over the rig, so I got a a PS2 and played GTA III. GTA and Fallout have since become my two favorite videogame series. I'm not friends with anyone as old as you that games, but a couple of my friends from Battlefield clans and GTA crews are in their 20s, 30s, and 40s. Mainly 40s, actually. My uncle, who is 48, plays games online like DayZ and SA-MP sometimes, as well. 

• Osho likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

Lol GTA 25,i dont think we would be alive till then but sure GTA is only 16yrs old and there are like 15 GTA games since 1997 and in 2017 it would be 20 so another 25 years run for this Legendary,Classical and Icon Game Franchise.

Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris
  • Dr. Ray De Angelo Harris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

I´m 32 and I´ve been gaming for about 25 years now. And I don´t think I´ll stop it within the next 25 years. :lol:

Abominable NoMan
  • Abominable NoMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

Late 40's now. Have played all the games for decades now. Love the GTA 5 online where I play with my sons and their friends. Gotta remind theme who is boss.

Beanee
  • Beanee

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

I'm 26 this year and have been playing games since Snes, and have revisited older classics like Sinclair spectrum, Master system, and NES. I have no intention of stopping, the gaming sub-culture is brilliant and widely diverse; I'll still be gaming well into my pension hopefully! 

Also, kudos to the OP; alot of people wouldn't post that through fear of flaming, but well done on having the cajones. Its great to see that even the older generation enjoy the newest games such as this, to be honest I'd thought that people your age would rather complain about a game like this, than enjoy it - You've just turned the tables on that opinion :)

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:12 PM Edited by McGyver55, 17 January 2014 - 06:19 PM.

Nope, I'm not...  but when I was buying the last GTA game I met a guy at EB or GameStop who looked way over 60, dressed like he was 20 and was talking to the clerk about some other game he buying... he mentioned owning and loving the GTA  series to the guy who was helping him... I'm pretty sure he said something about him being 70+... I thought it was pretty cool that he was a gamer... I'm in my mid forties, so it kinda gives me hope that maybe I'll still be gaming at his age.

Edited to add... I'm pretty stupid, I forgot my friend's older brother who is in his late 50s and his Uncle who is a former NYC corrections officer in his mid sixties... Duh, stupid brain.

carmisa
  • carmisa

Carmisa

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:26 PM

I still haven't found anyone over 45 online. I play every night. Lots of little kids many who sound like they are 8 or 9 who I don't think should be playing at all. Guess their parents are just glad that they are pre-occupied. I play from about 8pm till 1 in the morning. I guess most older people are in bed by then. At 63 I like to try to be social and not grief other players. I really like just jumping in a car with them and see what kind of mayhem they want to indulge in. But I'm not too old to protect myself and outwit anyone who wants to get it on. lol.

• gunziness likes this

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 07:44 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 17 January 2014 - 07:45 PM.

I still haven't found anyone over 45 online. I play every night. Lots of little kids many who sound like they are 8 or 9 who I don't think should be playing at all. Guess their parents are just glad that they are pre-occupied. I play from about 8pm till 1 in the morning. I guess most older people are in bed by then. At 63 I like to try to be social and not grief other players. I really like just jumping in a car with them and see what kind of mayhem they want to indulge in. But I'm not too old to protect myself and outwit anyone who wants to get it on. lol.

you might not find older players online as much cause of time and play hours. well idk. i know me personally the older i get the more i enjoy offline games compared to online games or mmo games.

Geeteeaifive
  • Geeteeaifive

Andrew

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:57 PM Edited by Geeteeaifive, 17 January 2014 - 10:58 PM.

I would like to know if there are other older players enjoying this game. I have been gaming since the first video games came on the scene, like Pong, and Intelevision. I am just turning 63 and am curious if there are others like me, or if I am an anomaly. Please reply if you are another "old" person. By the way , I think this is the best video game of all time. I play every day although I am only at rank 51 online.

Dude, i just hope that i'll be that awesome when i be your age. The oldest gamer person i've ever met was around 83 years old, he was so childish at heart :) That game was runescape.

Sprue
  • Sprue

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

I'm 32.  Been gaming since around '87 or '88.  It's actually turned out to be a helpful hobby, as I hurt my hand about a year ago and gaming has helped me make my hand not bother me as much (there was a time last summer when I could not do much of anything without a brace and now I never use it, thanks to gaming).

However, a friend of mine is 66 and he games a lot.  He absolutely loves Red Dead Redemption.  He never liked sandbox games, but I knew he liked westerns, so I loaned him my RDR and he's been hooked on it ever since.  He likes shooters (Call of Duty) and racing games (Need for Speed) as well.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

I'm closer to 50 than 40 these days and I play a ton of GTA/GTAO.  I don't really hang in the V section much though.

Rock Howard
  • Rock Howard

Some Aussie Dude.

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:49 AM

I would like to know if there are other older players enjoying this game. I have been gaming since the first video games came on the scene, like Pong, and Intelevision. I am just turning 63 and am curious if there are others like me, or if I am an anomaly. Please reply if you are another "old" person. By the way , I think this is the best video game of all time. I play every day although I am only at rank 51 online.

Well, I'm 37 if that counts as old... :D

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:55 AM

I'm 18... But if you follow the logic of GTA Online, I am an older player. Am I?

king-george-vi
  • king-george-vi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:12 AM Edited by king-george-vi, 18 January 2014 - 02:13 AM.

I'm 61, so it looks like I'm the 2nd oldest guy here. I've also been playing computer games since they first came out.  I've enjoyed all the GTA games so far & I'm looking forward to GTA6!

Both my sons, one of my daughters and 2 of my grandsons have been playing GTA5 since just after it came out & I'm level 148 now (2nd highest in the family).  Truthfully...the online game is becoming just a little repetitive and Los Santos has way too many griefers  :cry: But I'm still online most evenings!

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:52 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 18 January 2014 - 02:55 AM.

Damn alot of GTA Vets in This Thread.That just Great,well i am almost 20 and i have been playing games since 5,but I started with this Legendary Franchise with it HD Era Inceptions in 2008 with GTA 4 i was 14 then and i was kind of young to play it but i Played every GTA since then TLAD,TBoGT and GTA 5.I didnt play the Legendary 2D and 3D Era Games but i got San Andreas from the XBLM and i have to Say if GTA 3 Revolutionised and Popularised The Openworld Genre then San Andreas Influenced the Gangster themed Openworld Games such as saints row which started 2 years later.That Game was Great but i hate when SA Fanboys say sh*t about the Other GTA games,in fact San Andreas is the 2nd best selling GTA with 27ml copies while GTA 5 is 30.5ml copies and GTA 4 with 25ml copies coming 1st and 3rd respectively.16 years after a Legend was born,GTA is now a Monster Franchise,a World Renowed-Franchise.GTA for Life.and yeah as someone above me said,I am also excited for Next-Gen GTAs.

carmisa
  • carmisa

Carmisa

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

Well, since it's now been established that there are a fair amount of older players enjoying this epic game, the question I have, and my disappointment in the game is. Why in the character creation mode of online play are you limited to a max of 40 yrs old? That bothered me from day one. I also have no option for grey hair, or moustache.I would like to show my age in my character even if it wouldn't garner me any sympathy from the young griefers online. Even in GTA SA I can be an old guy. But I doubt there is a patch coming out for this issue.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

I'm 12 and what is this

GimpWithaYoyo
  • GimpWithaYoyo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

I'll be 42 in a few weeks and have been playing GTA since Vice City.

received an Atari 2600 for Christmas in 1980 - been gaming since then.

I play the game every day - been waiting for a game like this for 30 years.

Bhawce
  • Bhawce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:45 AM Edited by Bhawce, 20 January 2014 - 03:46 AM.

im 41 and play this alot, been gaming since atari

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users