Photo

[Latest News] GTA Online Capture Update Released

49 replies to this topic
Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by Fisciletti, 17 December 2013 - 11:12 PM.

http://www.rockstarg...g-tomorrow.html

Capture - the newest addition to the collection of team-based modes in Grand Theft Auto Online, will be available tomorrow as part of the latest free automatic update on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. With 20 new Jobs across four unique modes, this GTA twist on classic capture the flag style confrontations brings a whole new level of adversarial action to the world of Los Santos and Blaine County. Strategy plays a huge role as you run decoys, set traps and place obstacles to ensure your enemies don’t get close to your goods. These new Jobs are accessible in Freemode and spread across the four different modes described below. Read on for more details and previews of a few of our faves:

RAID
In Raid, you'll have to fight your way into your opponents' base and steal a package, then deliver it back to your base to score points. Reach the target score, or deliver more packages than your opponents do in the allotted time to win the match. 

"Beachin"
Legal highs and bad t-shirts aren't the only things being pushed on Vespucci Beach. Four factions raid each other's stashes for control of the area's 'tourist trade'. Take product back to your spot and it's yours.

"Wargames"
Like any military operation, when things kick off at Fort Zancudo Air Base, they escalate pretty quickly. Teams stockpiling weapons to sell on the black market raid each other's bases at either end of the facility. If they get the goods back, they're banked. Nothing's off limits to be used here, including the fighter jets.

HOLD
When playing Hold, teams must collect and store as many packages as possible in their base. Packages can either be found on the map, or stolen from the opposing team’s bases. Reach the target score, or hold the most packages when the time runs out, to win.

"Block Party"
Gang violence escalates in Chamberlain Hills, as block fights block at close quarters. Four factions with two packages each try to raid each other and protect their own stuff. If they get someone else's product back to their turf, they'll have to protect it.

GTA
As the ubiquitous acronym might suggest, GTA mode tasks players with stealing target vehicles located all around the map, before bringing them back to their respective bases. Each team must fight to steal more vehicles in the allotted time than their opponents.

"My Maibatsu"
Four East Los car thief outfits compete to get hold of a shipment of Sanchez dirt bikes, and store them back at their bases, while preventing the other teams from doing the same. First place to look would be the Maibatsu Factory.

"Field of Screams"
A tractor shortage in Grapeseed leads to farmyard chaos. It's harvest time, and two rival gangs compete to bring a Fieldmaster tractor back to their bases. Farming is a deadly serious business in Blaine County.

CONTEND
In Contend, there's only one package, situated in the middle of the map. Teams must fight to bring this package back to their respective bases, and once the package is captured it respawns in the middle of the map and is up for grabs again.

"Salty Snatch"
Dog walkers and surfing talent agents look out - two import operations at either end of Chumash Beach are fighting over a shipment that's landed on the pier. Any product they can get to their spot in the sand is theirs to keep.

Capture will be available as part of tomorrow's automatic update for GTA Online, which also includes a host of fixes and dynamic tuning updates. For details on those please check out the Rockstar Support page.

1.08 PATCH NOTES:

• Increased cash payouts for losing teams in Last Team standing and Team Deathmatch.

• Increased the cash and RP rewards for Races with multiple laps.
• Cash payouts for Parachuting now take points scored into account.
• Improved spawning for Deathmatches where the spawn points were previously very far apart.
• Improved support for Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Russian in the Creator.
• Calling the mechanic now shows you if a vehicle on the list is destroyed or impounded.
• Team balancing does a better job of putting friends and crew members together.
• BETA Crew Head to Head matches are now available to play. To initiate a Crew Head to Head, you'll need to create a Playlist that does not contain Vehicle Deathmatches, Survivals or any Jobs that require more than 2 teams. From there, go into My Playlists and you'll see a prompt for Head to Head (BETA). This will launch the lobby and you'll be able to invite other players from your Crew, Friend's Crews or Skill Matched Crews.
• Player blips no longer remain red on Missions when the player has a Bounty.
• Players who end a Race as DNF are now awarded cash relevant to the amount of checkpoints they passed through during the course of the Race.
• Players who race solo now earn cash. Previously, zero cash was awarded for a solo race. 
• Last Team Standing, Capture and Missions are separated out in the Create Playlist menu.
• Small deduction to the amount of cash the winners of Races, Parachuting and Last Team Standing matches receive in order to increase payouts for all other participants.
• Masks are now removed during Races where a helmet is required and are also removed by default when a player uses the Smoking animation.
• The Purchase All Ammo option now charges the full value of filling all player held weapons with ammo.
• Fixes an issue where GTA Online players could reach North Yankton.
• Fixes a rare issue where characters could be lost if the player attempted to join GTA Online when disconnected from the Network.
• Fixes for various duplicate vehicle exploits.
• Fixes issues when using the Character Select from inside the Creator.
• Fixes issues with ammo vanishing after testing a Deathmatch in the Creator.
• Fixes exploits of the Fastest Lap bonus.
• Glasses from the Beach Bum update now appear in the inventory menu.
• Players in Tanks now have more protection from other players attempting to deliberately give them a Bad Sport rating.
• Bad Sport timers now read properly and show the correct time left in the Bad Sport lobby instead of “00d00h00m”.
  • Loxley likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

It's gonna be patched :cry:

• Fisciletti likes this

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:58 PM

the new game modes look fun.... i may have to go back start playing gta again (havent touched the game in a month)

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:59 PM Edited by Fisciletti, 17 December 2013 - 11:21 PM.

the new game modes look fun.... i may have to go back start playing gta again (havent touched the game in a month)

It sounds cool, but I feel bad for North Yankton.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• England

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:01 PM

@Fisciletti - please update the OP with more details and we can get this pinned as a latest news item :^:

• Fisciletti likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

The Killer Hills Killer

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:02 PM

Just checked the patch notes. Say "goodbye" to North Yankton, and "f*ck you" to Rockstar.

• Somalia757 likes this

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

Just checked the patch notes. Say "goodbye" to North Yankton, and "f*ck you" to Rockstar.

Yes we are saying good bye but we will see it again eventually

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

It sounds cool, but I feel bad for North Yankton. We can still hope anyway.

wait a minute... theres a glitch where you could go to north yankton ??

df

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

No Cops 'N Crooks. No play. 

• JustOneMonth likes this

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

df

Yeah, joining a private lobby in GTAonline while playing the prologue caused North Yankton to still be loaded on the edge of the map, so players could to a helicopter and fly to it.

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:10 PM

df

Yeah, joining a private lobby in GTAonline while playing the prologue caused North Yankton to still be loaded on the edge of the map, so players could to a helicopter and fly to it.

lmaooo.... sounds hilarious

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:33 PM

Love it.... Glitchers are being left with no option but to play legit of F**K OFF

:)

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

You get a patch. And you get a patch. And you get a patch. Everybody gets a patch!!! (Rockstar Logic)

• Celticfang and DangoSakatttt like this

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:10 AM Edited by 2281, 18 December 2013 - 12:20 AM.

Love it.... Glitchers are being left with no option but to play legit of F**K OFF

:)

lolwut? Glitchers will always find a way, and I for one am supportive of that. GTAO has no real incentive to play, unless you enjoy hours of grinding for crack change.

I joined a Money Lobby the other day and I must say that these past two days have been much more fun than the two months since the game was released. I no longer have to worry about spending several thousand dollars on bullets, which was one of the reasons why I never played a single Deathmatch, Survival, or even Freeroam until this past weekend.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:54 AM Edited by pokemon4ever, 18 December 2013 - 12:54 AM.

When I read capture in the title, I thought it was going to be improvements to the camera.

RedHolden
  • RedHolden

Playing GTA Since 2001

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:39 AM

I've been playing the game since 9 AM AEST this morning. I'm still on Patch 1.07 But if i turn my PS3 off or quit GTAV i'll be forced to update to 1.08 when i next play GTAV 

Madzuk
  • Madzuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

Ah that really sucks why they would get rid of the ability to go to north yankton, should of just kept it there for the sake of it, doesnt ruin the game :\

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

• Players in Tanks now have more protection from other players attempting to deliberately give them a Bad Sport rating.

GTFO with this bullsh*t!  I don't do this to ppl in tanks but nobody in a tank should get any type of protection.  They already have a massive advantage.  Majority of the ppl in tanks are griefing any damn way so ppl running their cars into them to give them bad sports is justifiable.  Why protect the griefers?

• RedHolden and Somalia757 like this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:39 AM

they obviously got rid of it, cause their going to release it in a free update or major DLC pack soon

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:56 AM

Accessing NY was a glitch... It's Rockstar's duty to fix it, they don't care if you like it or not.

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:37 AM

they obviously got rid of it, cause their going to release it in a free update or major DLC pack soon

Thanks Nostradamus!

:sarcasm:

Somalia757
  • Somalia757

Somalia757

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:09 AM

They should seriously reconsider the prices of certain things like ammo and certain upgrades because its so ridiculous and unrealistic. Makes me not want to play at all because payouts and $ is ridiculous to earn unless you have hours and hours and no life... Gtfo rockstar

All they want is for us to buy the damn $ cards from them to be competitive... I agree modders, hackers and glitchers have screwed up gameplay and the economy online.. Starting to hate the game now.

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:18 AM Edited by 2281, 18 December 2013 - 04:18 AM.

It looks like the game has been updated. In a full lobby of Criminal Records, the winner only got 100 RP. 

This is why I cheat.

• Somalia757 likes this

Betox190
  • Betox190

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:29 AM

It looks like the game has been updated. In a full lobby of Criminal Records, the winner only got 100 RP. 

This is why I cheat.

Cheating doesn't give you RP.
  • Somalia757 likes this

Somalia757
  • Somalia757

Somalia757

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

Any idea what time this goes live??

Cops 'N Crooks Fanboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:38 AM Edited by 2281, 18 December 2013 - 04:38 AM.

This is why I cheat.

Cheating doesn't give you RP.

Some people will be inviting me into an RP Lobby later this week.

Hy2RoGeN
  • Hy2RoGeN

Number 1 baby!

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:45 AM

When I read capture in the title, I thought it was going to be improvements to the camera.

i thought we could capture videos with our camera and upload em to the cloud :'(

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

downloaded the update like 30 min ago ( after it kicked me out of the game because of it )

I cant find anything of it on the map. no new modes at all

Shadow_Belt
  • Shadow_Belt

Silence is golden

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:41 PM Edited by Shadow_Belt, 18 December 2013 - 01:42 PM.

1.08 PATCH NOTES:

I think they fixed the glitch because  :

Either A = They are releasing a North Yankton DLC

or B = They just hate their players

Somalia757
  • Somalia757

Somalia757

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:53 PM

downloaded the update like 30 min ago ( after it kicked me out of the game because of it )
I cant find anything of it on the map. no new modes at all

Ahh... So it begins... Thanks R* (sarcastic tone)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users